Welcome to the Majorca and Worldwide Travel Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Majorca Travel Forum / Majorca Help and Information Forum

HomeHome  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

The Venue for the October 2011 meet up?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
Mick
ALL ROUND GOOD GUY
Mick

The Venue for the October 2011 meet up? - Page 4 _
PostSubject: Re: The Venue for the October 2011 meet up?   The Venue for the October 2011 meet up? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 26, 2011 10:02 pm

I was thinking more in the lines of say Tapas Mark. San & I tried it in May & it was gorgeous. What do you all think? Now PC mended I am off tomorrow, so email will be sent to Canto's. We are all agreed 8pm kick off?

Lil 'ol wine drinker
beeech

PostSubject: Re: The Venue for the October 2011 meet up?   The Venue for the October 2011 meet up? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 26, 2011 10:05 pm

yup ! Very Happy

Back to top Go down
Mick
ALL ROUND GOOD GUY
Mick

PostSubject: Re: The Venue for the October 2011 meet up?   The Venue for the October 2011 meet up? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 26, 2011 10:15 pm

Does that mean you are coming then Beeech? wink

Lil 'ol wine drinker
beeech

PostSubject: Re: The Venue for the October 2011 meet up?   The Venue for the October 2011 meet up? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 26, 2011 10:17 pm

NO !

I just don't like to feel left out of the conversation.....!

smile

Back to top Go down
Mick
ALL ROUND GOOD GUY
Mick

PostSubject: Re: The Venue for the October 2011 meet up?   The Venue for the October 2011 meet up? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 26, 2011 10:19 pm

We might do if you don't come. wink

Only joking. lol!

Admin
Daryn

PostSubject: Re: The Venue for the October 2011 meet up?   The Venue for the October 2011 meet up? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 26, 2011 10:31 pm

Im the same Mark need food let it settle then Im ready waheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee morebeer

delboy
Mad Destination Expert
delboy

PostSubject: Re: The Venue for the October 2011 meet up?   The Venue for the October 2011 meet up? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 26, 2011 10:36 pm

It's a long way for a 68 year old lol!
Back to top Go down
yozef
MF joke teller
yozef

PostSubject: Re: The Venue for the October 2011 meet up?   The Venue for the October 2011 meet up? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 27, 2011 9:33 am

nibbles are fine,so long as they don't spoil that chicken phal farting
Back to top Go down
Mick
ALL ROUND GOOD GUY
Mick

PostSubject: Re: The Venue for the October 2011 meet up?   The Venue for the October 2011 meet up? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 27, 2011 11:36 am

This is the email that I sent to Canto's Bar. I hope that what I have written is OK with all, & I think I have covered all aspects. But please feel free to comment, as I can always send more emails to them.

Majorca Forum meet up Canto's Bar October 2nd 2011

Hi Adam, my name is Mick Cook, & I am representing the Majorca Forum. We have an annual meet up in early October, & this year we have chosen Canto's Bar as our meet up place on Sunday 2nd of October. We will be meeting up at 8pm onwards & going on until the early hours, or until you kick us out lol. There will be at least 20 of us at the meet up, & I was wondering if you could possibly provide reduced prices of drinks, any special offers & possibly some Tapas, if at all possible please. We have chosen the Bar, as it meets all our criteria to have a great time. The Bar is fresh, clean & very inviting, with a great range of drinks to suit all tastes. If you could email your range of beers, ciders etc, that would be much appreciated, so then I can start a thread on the Forum to show our members.

Our website is www.majorcaforum.com & please feel free to peruse the site at your leisure. At the moment we have just under 240 members, who all have one thing in common, the love of the Island of Majorca & to have a good time. You are more than welcome to advertise on our site for FREE, & hopefully then more & more people will be aware of & use the Bar in the future. My email address is mikecook2@sky.com & I will be your point of contact. Many of our members have used the Bar on previous holidays. I came out at the end of May this year with my partner & a couple of friends to view certain Bars, that were put forward, & that is why Canto's was chosen for the meet up. Most of the members who are coming to the meet up, are staying in either Palma Nova or Magalluf, so the Bar is ideal for all of us to get together & have a great time.

Thanking you in anticipation

Mick Cook

Admin
Daryn

PostSubject: Re: The Venue for the October 2011 meet up?   The Venue for the October 2011 meet up? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 27, 2011 11:55 am

Is that it, is that really the best you can do hehehehehe. Only joking looks good to me mate.
But you really need to grab your audience more.
FREE CAKE

WirralScouse
DE/Prophet of Doom
WirralScouse

PostSubject: Re: The Venue for the October 2011 meet up?   The Venue for the October 2011 meet up? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 27, 2011 12:08 pm

Very well worded Mick.You must have been a salesman in a past life (or Terry Pratchett!)

Incidentally Adam of Canto's isn't Adam from the former Goodfellows in Maga is it? The one from Goodfellows seems to have been struck dumb.
Back to top Go down
yozef
MF joke teller
yozef

PostSubject: Re: The Venue for the October 2011 meet up?   The Venue for the October 2011 meet up? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 27, 2011 12:12 pm

way to go mick :E4%:
Back to top Go down
Mick
ALL ROUND GOOD GUY
Mick

PostSubject: Re: The Venue for the October 2011 meet up?   The Venue for the October 2011 meet up? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 27, 2011 12:38 pm

I am not sure WS, I met a lad called Paul from Solihull who works at Canto's who gave me Adam's card.

Why thanks Yozef. Embarassed Laughing

DadsBarmy

PostSubject: Re: The Venue for the October 2011 meet up?   The Venue for the October 2011 meet up? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 27, 2011 2:51 pm

No, Mick doesn't have any Terry Pratchet in him, Pratchet taught Debbish ie inventing new words that every one
immediately understood like insewerance and dunmanifestin. He also gave us an insight intothe first appearance of Daryn.

Golems are mechanical entities baked from clay and powered by holy words in their heads. Golems are made, usually in a lumpy human shape. They used to be considered non-lifeforms, but lately, quite a few individual golems have begun to demonstrate personality and personal initiative, and get hired with a salary instead of working for nothing and being bought and sold as machines.

The holy words or chem usually define the behaviour and aim of the Golem. The word "Freedom" for example will make the Golem long for just that. A Golem can be ordered to show its chem. If it is removed from the Golem's head the Golem will cease to live, which usually goes along with the extinguishing of the fire-like light in the Golem's eyes. The only exception known is DARYN SAX who lives without a chem, but no one knows why.

Golems take orders very seriously. They will continue to follow the order until told to stop. If the owner forgets that he ordered the Golem to dig a hole in the garden he might end up with a nice view unto A'Tuin's shell. Because Golems usually follow every order without protest, without payment, and without rest, they are rather popular for dirty and dangerous jobs.

Most golems had been made centuries before the present; no new golems have been made because priests argued that the creation of life is the domain of the gods. Most golems had been made with sealed lips and no voice, but the recently freed golems have acquired the ability to speak; technical details on how this change is made are unknown. It is said on Roundworld that if a golem were made able to speak, that would give it a soul, and — because a golem cannot be made perfectly — that ability could make it very dangerous.

In I Shall Wear Midnight, it is demonstrated that in times of emergency, a powerful witch such as Mrs Proust may temporarily make a Golem from a handy statue - in this case an equestrian statue of notorious general Lord Albert Rust, which she uses to disperse a crowd of witch-hunters, and then hitches a ride home on. A witch's spell, if powerful enough, is perhaps the equivalent of a one-shot chem?

These days, Golems are trying to free themselves in the only way they know: by working and saving to buy themselves. To assist in this endeavor, the Golem Trust has been established. Free Golems can be hired, a service run by Adora Belle Dearheart. The proceeds go to freeing Golems.
Back to top Go down
WirralScouse
DE/Prophet of Doom
WirralScouse

PostSubject: Re: The Venue for the October 2011 meet up?   The Venue for the October 2011 meet up? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 27, 2011 3:14 pm

Well one of your previous coded messages Dads was from Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy.Was that? I thought Gollum was from The Hobbit?
Back to top Go down
DadsBarmy

DadsBarmy

PostSubject: Re: The Venue for the October 2011 meet up?   The Venue for the October 2011 meet up? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 27, 2011 5:53 pm

Golems infest Terry Pratchets Discworld series and have their origins in Jewish mythology

Older golems have names, often somewhat Yiddish sounding, such as Dorfl, Meshugah, Bobkes, Shmata and Klutz. More recently built golems simply have descriptions such as Stitcher or Hammer, often with an associated number detailing their location in the workplace they were created for.

The creation of new golems is illegal due to the ethical questions it raises. Many still exist, however, and destroying them is also ethically tricky. Golems are distrusted by many on the Discworld, particularly the undead, who dislike the fact they are (generally) more accepted, despite being less human. Traditionally they get "all the messy jobs". Just like Daryn
Back to top Go down
Daryn
Admin
Daryn

PostSubject: Re: The Venue for the October 2011 meet up?   The Venue for the October 2011 meet up? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 27, 2011 6:06 pm

affraid wtf hitting himself

delboy
Mad Destination Expert
delboy

PostSubject: Re: The Venue for the October 2011 meet up?   The Venue for the October 2011 meet up? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 27, 2011 6:33 pm

Darystein and Mickle were probably the original Golems, as Mickle get the dirty work, cleaning the bogs whilst
Darystein has been given an unformed Golam accent and us from the Disco World haven't a clue what he's talking about.

It's all becoming clear now, I think my treasure wtf
Back to top Go down
debdon
OFFICIAL VODKA TASTER
debdon

PostSubject: Re: The Venue for the October 2011 meet up?   The Venue for the October 2011 meet up? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 27, 2011 6:56 pm

bashhead I agree with Daryn haha
Back to top Go down
http://www.debssweetdelights.co.uk
Daryn
Admin
Daryn

PostSubject: Re: The Venue for the October 2011 meet up?   The Venue for the October 2011 meet up? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 27, 2011 7:15 pm

Have I come to the wrong forum hehehehe

Mick
ALL ROUND GOOD GUY
Mick

PostSubject: Re: The Venue for the October 2011 meet up?   The Venue for the October 2011 meet up? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 27, 2011 9:48 pm

This thread has gone totally surreal now. affraid lol!

Mad Destination Expert
delboy

PostSubject: Re: The Venue for the October 2011 meet up?   The Venue for the October 2011 meet up? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 28, 2011 9:51 am

Sandra checks out the ladies loos

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3sZcyNktWAU&feature=relmfu
Back to top Go down
DadsBarmy

DadsBarmy

PostSubject: Re: The Venue for the October 2011 meet up?   The Venue for the October 2011 meet up? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 28, 2011 10:09 am

Golems have, apparently spontaneously, formed the Ankh-Morpork volunteer fire brigade: their volunteer operations are a moral contrast with previous human fire brigades who were paid commissions to put out fires and therefore attempted to ensure that there were fires for them to be paid for. When a fire is noted, all Golems simply abandon their current work and converge onto the location. The Golems' approach to extinguishing a fire is to simply remove any burning or flammable materials from the building.
Back to top Go down
delboy
Mad Destination Expert
delboy

PostSubject: Re: The Venue for the October 2011 meet up?   The Venue for the October 2011 meet up? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 28, 2011 10:18 am

Perhaps we should have a seperate section for Golems, this one certainly needs sectioning lol! lol!
Back to top Go down
debdon
OFFICIAL VODKA TASTER
debdon

PostSubject: Re: The Venue for the October 2011 meet up?   The Venue for the October 2011 meet up? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 30, 2011 10:59 am

Mick wrote:
This is the email that I sent to Canto's Bar. I hope that what I have written is OK with all, & I think I have covered all aspects. But please feel free to comment, as I can always send more emails to them.

Majorca Forum meet up Canto's Bar October 2nd 2011

Hi Adam, my name is Mick Cook, & I am representing the Majorca Forum. We have an annual meet up in early October, & this year we have chosen Canto's Bar as our meet up place on Sunday 2nd of October. We will be meeting up at 8pm onwards & going on until the early hours, or until you kick us out lol. There will be at least 20 of us at the meet up, & I was wondering if you could possibly provide reduced prices of drinks, any special offers & possibly some Tapas, if at all possible please. We have chosen the Bar, as it meets all our criteria to have a great time. The Bar is fresh, clean & very inviting, with a great range of drinks to suit all tastes. If you could email your range of beers, ciders etc, that would be much appreciated, so then I can start a thread on the Forum to show our members.

Our website is www.majorcaforum.com & please feel free to peruse the site at your leisure. At the moment we have just under 240 members, who all have one thing in common, the love of the Island of Majorca & to have a good time. You are more than welcome to advertise on our site for FREE, & hopefully then more & more people will be aware of & use the Bar in the future. My email address is mikecook2@sky.com & I will be your point of contact. Many of our members have used the Bar on previous holidays. I came out at the end of May this year with my partner & a couple of friends to view certain Bars, that were put forward, & that is why Canto's was chosen for the meet up. Most of the members who are coming to the meet up, are staying in either Palma Nova or Magalluf, so the Bar is ideal for all of us to get together & have a great time.

Thanking you in anticipation

Mick Cook

Haven't they replied yet Mick, I would have thought an acknowledgement of some kind would have been nice Rolling Eyes They are set to make a few quid on the night scratch
Back to top Go down
http://www.debssweetdelights.co.uk
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Venue for the October 2011 meet up?   The Venue for the October 2011 meet up? - Page 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Venue for the October 2011 meet up?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 4 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Welcome to the Majorca and Worldwide Travel Forum :: MAJORCA SECTION :: MAJORCA FORUM MEET UP DISCUSSIONS-
Jump to:  
Create a forum | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Contact | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com