Welcome to the Majorca and Worldwide Travel Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Majorca Travel Forum / Majorca Help and Information Forum

HomeHome  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

The Venue for the October 2011 meet up?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
Mick
ALL ROUND GOOD GUY
Mick

The Venue for the October 2011 meet up? - Page 6 _
PostSubject: Re: The Venue for the October 2011 meet up?   The Venue for the October 2011 meet up? - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 08, 2011 11:36 pm

Could you be my PA please & barter with them if they get back to me, it will be worth a rep? wink

Lil 'ol wine drinker
beeech

PostSubject: Re: The Venue for the October 2011 meet up?   The Venue for the October 2011 meet up? - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 08, 2011 11:39 pm

I AM a PA Mick.......................................... smile

Back to top Go down
Mick
ALL ROUND GOOD GUY
Mick

PostSubject: Re: The Venue for the October 2011 meet up?   The Venue for the October 2011 meet up? - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 08, 2011 11:42 pm

lol! @ Beeech.

OFFICIAL VODKA TASTER
debdon

PostSubject: Re: The Venue for the October 2011 meet up?   The Venue for the October 2011 meet up? - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 08, 2011 11:49 pm

Well, they obviously don't need our custom then, I really think thats a poor show. Lets hope Mark hears something from Orion bar now.
Back to top Go down
http://www.debssweetdelights.co.uk
Mark
Majorca Mad
Mark

PostSubject: Re: The Venue for the October 2011 meet up?   The Venue for the October 2011 meet up? - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 09, 2011 3:14 am

Sorry Guys, I didn't realise that you were expecting me to contact the Orion Bar?

I'm not convinced that the freebies matter too much. We will have all eaten beforehand, and the Orion bar puts out peanuts and stuff anyway, even for just two people. There doesn't appear to be too much to choose between the two bars, both sell beers/ciders we all like, at a similar price, toilets seem ok at both, so it boils down to location really. Wish there was a bar right on the seafront personally, but the bars under Rubys don't match up.

If both of you feel that Canto's ticks the boxes for the meet up, for space to mingle POV, then i'm quite happy. Was we going to meet up on the Saturday night before (Oct 1st) when Mick & San arrive, rather than the Friday Debs?
Back to top Go down
Daryn
Admin
Daryn

PostSubject: Re: The Venue for the October 2011 meet up?   The Venue for the October 2011 meet up? - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 09, 2011 4:36 am

Im not impressed either, its not the snacks thats bothering me its the fact they have not got back to you, really annoying :f^h:

Im sure Yozef said the Orion bar replied to him. As Mark said it would have been great to have something facing the Palma Nova coast but nothing suitable. Lets here if Y did get a reply. Discounts on the drinks would be nice, its October and Cantos is not on the ball at all.

yozef
MF joke teller
yozef

PostSubject: Re: The Venue for the October 2011 meet up?   The Venue for the October 2011 meet up? - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 09, 2011 7:19 am

no guy's i've not been in touch with the orion as i don't have the email addy.
i think mark as though? i think mark is right as regards nibbles,most of us would have eaten by then anyway.
i'll go with the flow regarding the venue but must say i like the orion's location,cleanliness,friendliness.
maybe mark will try to contact them for us,lets hope they have the good manners to at least reply
Back to top Go down
delboy
Mad Destination Expert
delboy

PostSubject: Re: The Venue for the October 2011 meet up?   The Venue for the October 2011 meet up? - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 09, 2011 7:57 am

beeech wrote:

If they do get back to you soon, you are in a very good position to barter....

" As I've not had a reply earlier, we ARE considering other venues which have offered us very good deals "....

You tell them.... smile

No I'm not going to Solihull to eat scones
Back to top Go down
delboy
Mad Destination Expert
delboy

PostSubject: Re: The Venue for the October 2011 meet up?   The Venue for the October 2011 meet up? - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 09, 2011 8:25 am

I noticed that Beeech has changed her location to the Midlands after the Canto/Sollihull connection, is it a branch of the
same cafe lol!
Back to top Go down
debdon
OFFICIAL VODKA TASTER
debdon

PostSubject: Re: The Venue for the October 2011 meet up?   The Venue for the October 2011 meet up? - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 09, 2011 10:22 am

Mark wrote:
Sorry Guys, I didn't realise that you were expecting me to contact the Orion Bar?

I'm not convinced that the freebies matter too much. We will have all eaten beforehand, and the Orion bar puts out peanuts and stuff anyway, even for just two people. There doesn't appear to be too much to choose between the two bars, both sell beers/ciders we all like, at a similar price, toilets seem ok at both, so it boils down to location really. Wish there was a bar right on the seafront personally, but the bars under Rubys don't match up.

If both of you feel that Canto's ticks the boxes for the meet up, for space to mingle POV, then i'm quite happy. Was we going to meet up on the Saturday night before (Oct 1st) when Mick & San arrive, rather than the Friday Debs?

I thought it would be nice if Mick & San could join us, does anyone else arrive on the sat?

Maybe that evening we could meet in one of the bars under Rubys morebeer
Back to top Go down
Mark
Majorca Mad
Mark

PostSubject: Re: The Venue for the October 2011 meet up?   The Venue for the October 2011 meet up? - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 09, 2011 10:35 am

debdon wrote:
Mark wrote:

I thought it would be nice if Mick & San could join us, does anyone else arrive on the sat?

Maybe that evening we could meet in one of the bars under Rubys morebeer

Or even on the balcony of Ruby's?
Back to top Go down
Mark
Majorca Mad
Mark

PostSubject: Re: The Venue for the October 2011 meet up?   The Venue for the October 2011 meet up? - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 09, 2011 10:41 am

The email address I have is:

nicotamara@telefonica.net

This is for Nico - possibly nicolas - who from memory is one of the two brothers that own the Orion. I think the other brothers name is Fred (frederico). They also have Juan (John he calls himself lol) working there.

I emailed him after we came back in April, with a link to here (MF), but didn't get a reply.
I did say at the time that we were on a scouting mission for possible venues for Oct meet up, and he suggested roping off the side area where i put the pic up recently. Can't see we would need that, plenty of room, and not packed out with other customers.

Probably better if i don't enter into any correspondance (email) with them at this stage, it looks as if our house move is going to happen next Friday 15th (July), and my PC will be off for a couple of days or so.
Back to top Go down
debdon
OFFICIAL VODKA TASTER
debdon

PostSubject: Re: The Venue for the October 2011 meet up?   The Venue for the October 2011 meet up? - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 09, 2011 10:57 am

I love the balcony at Ruby's, what a view wow That would be fine with me.

Good luck with the move out Mark :tup:
Back to top Go down
Daryn
Admin
Daryn

PostSubject: Re: The Venue for the October 2011 meet up?   The Venue for the October 2011 meet up? - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 09, 2011 11:17 am

OHHHHHHHHHHHHhhh its still not sorted then PLEASE someone tell me what the crack is I need to put it on the main site

Mick
ALL ROUND GOOD GUY
Mick

PostSubject: Re: The Venue for the October 2011 meet up?   The Venue for the October 2011 meet up? - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 09, 2011 1:15 pm

I would now say Daryn, that it should be The Orion Bar. I am quite annoyed with Canto's Bar for not even responding to me, but hey ho there loss. I think things like crisps or peanuts will be more than enough, & as been said before, all of us would have eaten before meeting up, so no problem with the food side of it. Good shout with an email at a later date Mark, & good luck with next Friday's move mate.

ALL ROUND DESTINATION EXPERT
Hayzer

PostSubject: Re: The Venue for the October 2011 meet up?   The Venue for the October 2011 meet up? - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 09, 2011 1:19 pm

Quite often when smaller businesses set up web sites they don't update them even when the contact details change. It may be nobody ever checks the email address on given on the web site.

ALL ROUND GOOD GUY
Mick

PostSubject: Re: The Venue for the October 2011 meet up?   The Venue for the October 2011 meet up? - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 09, 2011 1:21 pm

The address I was given H, was not Canto's Bar, but the travel buddy.com address. :n!b:

ALL ROUND DESTINATION EXPERT
Hayzer

PostSubject: Re: The Venue for the October 2011 meet up?   The Venue for the October 2011 meet up? - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 09, 2011 1:28 pm

Just looked at their web site and no contact email address, just a phone number. It may be worth giving them a call, I am sure they would have answered an email had they received it. I can't see any business in PN not wanting the extra trade especially late on in the season.

I like the look of Cantos and am not really bothered about the food to be honest.

ALL ROUND GOOD GUY
Mick

PostSubject: Re: The Venue for the October 2011 meet up?   The Venue for the October 2011 meet up? - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 09, 2011 1:59 pm

TBH H, the food was never an issue, as we would have all eaten. Just sometimes a few Tapas, soaks up all Deb's Vodka. wink As I have said previously, Canto's is one of the best looking Bars around, but I can certainly ring them, I have no problem with that.

OFFICIAL VODKA TASTER
debdon

PostSubject: Re: The Venue for the October 2011 meet up?   The Venue for the October 2011 meet up? - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 09, 2011 2:16 pm

Oi Mick, behave. I was very good in May......I think lol!
Back to top Go down
Mick
ALL ROUND GOOD GUY
Mick

PostSubject: Re: The Venue for the October 2011 meet up?   The Venue for the October 2011 meet up? - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 09, 2011 2:36 pm

You were better than I thought my sweet. wink

OFFICIAL VODKA TASTER
debdon

PostSubject: Re: The Venue for the October 2011 meet up?   The Venue for the October 2011 meet up? - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 09, 2011 2:41 pm

ner-ner you make me sound like an alchy - pretty sure you drunk far more than me morebeer especially the night you stayed out - dirty stopout, bad influence on San you are ner-ner rolling laughing moonie
Back to top Go down
Mick
ALL ROUND GOOD GUY
Mick

PostSubject: Re: The Venue for the October 2011 meet up?   The Venue for the October 2011 meet up? - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 09, 2011 2:42 pm

You have got me there Debs. sob

Majorca Mad
Mark

PostSubject: Re: The Venue for the October 2011 meet up?   The Venue for the October 2011 meet up? - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 09, 2011 2:46 pm

It seems to be Canto's or the Orion Bar.

So, what's the difference?
Beer, pretty much the same brands, similar prices.
Toilets, clean enough, box ticked.
Location. I think this is it really. Canto's has a main street location, which if we were to be people watching, would be ideal... but we're not particularly looking for that. We'll be chatting and laughing amongst ourselves.
Orion Bar, bit more of a side street location, partial sea view. I can't speak for Canto's but Orion Bar has enough room in and out for our crowd, plus a useful side 'alley' as such, which if we're gonna start larking and dancing might come in handy. How does Canto's measure up to that, space wise?
Back to top Go down
Mick
ALL ROUND GOOD GUY
Mick

PostSubject: Re: The Venue for the October 2011 meet up?   The Venue for the October 2011 meet up? - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 09, 2011 2:54 pm

Not a problem there mate, big outside, under the cover & inside. I don't have a problem with the Orion Bar, but as me, Debs, Delboy & our partners have said before, in our opinion Canto's does look nicer mate. But once the craic gets going, I don't think it will matter where we are. morebeer meetup drunk dancing irishman
Still annoyed about the email thing from Canto's though, but I suppose everyone is entitled to a second chance?

PostSubject: Re: The Venue for the October 2011 meet up?   The Venue for the October 2011 meet up? - Page 6 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Venue for the October 2011 meet up?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 6 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Welcome to the Majorca and Worldwide Travel Forum :: MAJORCA SECTION :: MAJORCA FORUM MEET UP DISCUSSIONS-
Jump to:  
Make a forum | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Contact | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com