Welcome to the Majorca and Worldwide Travel Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Majorca Travel Forum / Majorca Help and Information Forum

HomeHome  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

The Venue for the October 2011 meet up?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
beeech
Lil 'ol wine drinker
beeech

The Venue for the October 2011 meet up? - Page 2 _
PostSubject: Re: The Venue for the October 2011 meet up?   The Venue for the October 2011 meet up? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 07, 2011 10:55 pm

You'll having a ' pre-meet up ' breakfast pint next............................. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
DadsBarmy

DadsBarmy

PostSubject: Re: The Venue for the October 2011 meet up?   The Venue for the October 2011 meet up? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 07, 2011 11:25 pm

Yosef did you miss the "r" out of tipple
So where do we have the fry up on Sunday morning
Back to top Go down
yozef
MF joke teller
yozef

PostSubject: Re: The Venue for the October 2011 meet up?   The Venue for the October 2011 meet up? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 08, 2011 6:18 am

i think most are hotel based so not many need to eat out,having said that it's nice to get away from the hotel sometimes.
i know moocher used to love Natalie's,not sure where's "hot" now though hungry
Back to top Go down
MOOCHER
Mad Destination Expert
MOOCHER

PostSubject: Re: The Venue for the October 2011 meet up?   The Venue for the October 2011 meet up? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 08, 2011 11:03 am

I will be in tiny's bar around 9am on the day of the meet and we could have a coffee and brandy to start the day off lol

moocher

Mad Destination Expert
MOOCHER

PostSubject: Re: The Venue for the October 2011 meet up?   The Venue for the October 2011 meet up? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 08, 2011 12:34 pm

Just has a foot note the canto bar is owned by the same people who own the kat bar and diner ,manola,lesley and another guy who i have never met the 3 owners are usually up at kat bar and if we are after extra;s we need to see lesley rawlings

moocher

Last edited by MOOCHER on Wed Jun 08, 2011 12:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Daryn
Admin
Daryn

PostSubject: Re: The Venue for the October 2011 meet up?   The Venue for the October 2011 meet up? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 08, 2011 12:40 pm

Is that good or bad lol

MOOCHER
Mad Destination Expert
MOOCHER

PostSubject: Re: The Venue for the October 2011 meet up?   The Venue for the October 2011 meet up? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 08, 2011 12:50 pm

Not sure .lol
I dont use them very often i find them pricey for drinks personally but i will attend meeting at canto no probs

moocher

DadsBarmy

PostSubject: Re: The Venue for the October 2011 meet up?   The Venue for the October 2011 meet up? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 08, 2011 3:27 pm

I knew a Lesley Rawlings who used to run a garage in Pontefract
Back to top Go down
Mark
Majorca Mad
Mark

PostSubject: Re: The Venue for the October 2011 meet up?   The Venue for the October 2011 meet up? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 08, 2011 5:29 pm

Sorry Mick, I'm not too bothered about the price of the lager, most bars are competitive anyway, but what brand of lager is it on tap please? Even it's one that I don't like I would still go to Canto's if that's what the choice is. Sorry to be fussy but there's a few beers that I can't stand, Stella and Heineken come to mind.

From memory I also don't think there's much room for dancing in Canto's? linedance Can you clarify that?
Back to top Go down
Mick
ALL ROUND GOOD GUY
Mick

PostSubject: Re: The Venue for the October 2011 meet up?   The Venue for the October 2011 meet up? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 08, 2011 5:37 pm

I am sure I saw San Miguel, but I am honestly not sure mate sorry. Plenty of room on the pavement if not inside mate. dancing dancing irishman lol!

Mad Destination Expert
MOOCHER

PostSubject: Re: The Venue for the October 2011 meet up?   The Venue for the October 2011 meet up? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 08, 2011 6:17 pm

DadsBarmy wrote:
I knew a Lesley Rawlings who used to run a garage in Pontefract

she had a brother called arthur who owned a restaurant in pocklington

moocher

Mad Destination Expert
MOOCHER

PostSubject: Re: The Venue for the October 2011 meet up?   The Venue for the October 2011 meet up? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 08, 2011 6:20 pm

I was told they may take some persuading to give us freebies or deals ,that was by a lady who worked for them so i think we need some serious powers of persuasion to take place
Failing that antonios bar will do beer all at €1 bottle or draught but he only has 12 chairs lol

moocher

Majorca Mad
Mark

PostSubject: Re: The Venue for the October 2011 meet up?   The Venue for the October 2011 meet up? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 08, 2011 10:01 pm

Hmmm I'm gonna sound like Victor soon but I don't think there is much room on the pavement there... it's certainly a different layout to TT's.

Geographically it's spot on though... most of us seem to be booked up in Palmanova hotels this year.

I dunno, I think i've only been in there once, and my gut reaction is that it's a nice bar for a chill and a pint and put your feet up type of bar, rather than a big get together and have a mini party type of bar.

Hope that's not fluent Debbish lol Very Happy

I'll go with the majority of course. Just raising a few Q's. Would really like to have an imported lager on tap like Carling or Fosters though.
Back to top Go down
Daryn
Admin
Daryn

PostSubject: Re: The Venue for the October 2011 meet up?   The Venue for the October 2011 meet up? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 08, 2011 10:28 pm

Well Im easy folks so what ever you pick will be fine by me. As for lager when in Rome, I like the local stuff as long as its of good qaulity.
I dont like Stella etc. Just let me knw what you all decide and Ill stick it on the main site. €1 a pint yum hehehehe wonder if Cantos do
price matching lol.

DadsBarmy

DadsBarmy

PostSubject: Re: The Venue for the October 2011 meet up?   The Venue for the October 2011 meet up? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 08, 2011 11:32 pm

Moocher you will have to introduce them to Donkey and if they still wont cooperate he can start
leaving a few deposits on a regular basis, a strong threat like that should bring them round to our way of thinking
Back to top Go down
WirralScouse
DE/Prophet of Doom
WirralScouse

PostSubject: Re: The Venue for the October 2011 meet up?   The Venue for the October 2011 meet up? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 09, 2011 12:21 am

Well I must say I had already voted for Canto's and then I saw the posts from Mark and Moocher.2nd thoughts? These guys know the right questions to ask.Re Mark's post it is important to me too what brands of lager.But if San Miguel no probs in fact that's a positive.Not keen on Mahou or Estrella and will drink them but defo don't want Fosters or Stella.Re moocher's post how canny the man is.Someone says no problem forecasting laying on some nibbles/hors d'ouvres so we could GFI but can we believe it and will we be let down? Last year the spread Tracy laid on was tops and though I am not expecting as good as that it would be nice to think that in return for a prospective spend over the evening of (estimate) 500 euros or more the manager would be prepared to take a chance as Tracy did.

Mick.Did you ask in the Welsh Mosquito Bar under Torrenova by the ferry landing? If not we can ask Writing Bug to pop in while she's there assuming she is online.She seems a feisty lady.
Back to top Go down
yozef
MF joke teller
yozef

PostSubject: suggestion   The Venue for the October 2011 meet up? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 09, 2011 6:09 am

1st night....canto's bar
2nd night....mosquito bar
3rd night....orions bar
4th night....??????
5th night....?????

end of the week....local hospital for kidney dialysis
Back to top Go down
Mark
Majorca Mad
Mark

PostSubject: Re: The Venue for the October 2011 meet up?   The Venue for the October 2011 meet up? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 09, 2011 6:38 am

Yozef puts it into perspective lol Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Mark
Majorca Mad
Mark

PostSubject: Re: The Venue for the October 2011 meet up?   The Venue for the October 2011 meet up? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 09, 2011 6:48 am

Guy's, well I think a happy medium can be found.

I think there's every chance that we'll have the Friday night Pre-meeting meet up, as before, I suggest we use the Orion Bar for this.

For the main MF 2011 meet up, I propose that it's Canto's bar.

Any seconders to the proposals?

I like the idea of two meet ups as such. One, because people that can't fit in the main meet up get a chance to attend and meet some of us, like Debs last year. Two, because with quite a few people attending, you can't always get round to chatting to everyone. I think me and WS only exchanged a few hello mate type of sentences last year. There will be other times where we can meet as well, we had a few evenings where we met del & mrs DB, Mick and San - lol - it felt like they were waiting for us outside the Plaza at midnight every night lol Very Happy Very Happy and Daryn is normally searching for something in the kerbside down near the Piano Bar Very Happy So I'm sure acquaintances will be more than refreshed in any event.
Back to top Go down
WirralScouse
DE/Prophet of Doom
WirralScouse

PostSubject: Re: The Venue for the October 2011 meet up?   The Venue for the October 2011 meet up? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 09, 2011 11:20 am

I don't arrive until the Saturday.So you can all talk about that pesky Victor at the Friday dummy meet Laughing.
Back to top Go down
Hayzer
ALL ROUND DESTINATION EXPERT
Hayzer

PostSubject: Re: The Venue for the October 2011 meet up?   The Venue for the October 2011 meet up? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 09, 2011 1:02 pm

Just had a chance to catch up with this topic, as far as I'm concerned Canto's looks ideal and gets my vote. I am not too fussy on what beer it sells or the cost to be honest I am sure it will be cheaper than bars in Illetas Shocked

Admin
Daryn

PostSubject: Re: The Venue for the October 2011 meet up?   The Venue for the October 2011 meet up? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 09, 2011 2:43 pm

Only there 3 nights and will cover all of them but would like a bar crawl as I like bacos, manos and of course we will see the lovely Tracey
in there, Piano Bar although my wife thinks Im getting old before my time lol, Plaza Cafe, and got to see that guitar player, and a few
others spring to mind lol Im getting pissed thinking about it hahaha, I love all these places so cant sit in 1 bar every night lol.

MOOCHER
Mad Destination Expert
MOOCHER

PostSubject: Re: The Venue for the October 2011 meet up?   The Venue for the October 2011 meet up? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 09, 2011 6:01 pm

Well i am easy where we go and will attend any but do think where ever the main meet is we should get them to give a buffet and or deals on drinks has WS says we will be spending a fair old amount of € [well you lot will be i will have my customary €5 ]

moocher

Admin
Daryn

PostSubject: Re: The Venue for the October 2011 meet up?   The Venue for the October 2011 meet up? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 09, 2011 6:26 pm

That will be right mate hehehehe. Yeah we should get something, some sort of drinks discount and titbits waheeeeee lol.
October very quiet so making money all night out of us will be a bonus for anyone. An email will answer our question

yozef
MF joke teller
yozef

PostSubject: Re: The Venue for the October 2011 meet up?   The Venue for the October 2011 meet up? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 09, 2011 7:27 pm

we don't land at pmi till 10ish on the sat night,so by the time we get to hotel,chuck the cases in the room i can't see us being on the lash much before 11-11.30.
bearing in mind we will be sober and you lot will be three sheets to the wind,we might just have a quite few and leave it till the sunday.
then again we might meet you all and get wasted,as you do morebeer drunk beer drinker

of all the bars,of all the gin joints......i'll meet you in any of them :tup:
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Venue for the October 2011 meet up?   The Venue for the October 2011 meet up? - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Venue for the October 2011 meet up?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Welcome to the Majorca and Worldwide Travel Forum :: MAJORCA SECTION :: MAJORCA FORUM MEET UP DISCUSSIONS-
Jump to:  
Free forum | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Contact | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com