Welcome to the Majorca and Worldwide Travel Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Majorca Travel Forum / Majorca Help and Information Forum

HomeHome  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

The Silk Purse Project

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 10, 11, 12  Next
AuthorMessage
debdon
OFFICIAL VODKA TASTER
debdon

The Silk Purse Project - Page 3 _
PostSubject: Re: The Silk Purse Project   The Silk Purse Project - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 29, 2011 6:05 pm

Looking good Mark, loving seeing before & after.

IF we get to move next year, we will do the same, I have to show Don every time there's an update lol!
Back to top Go down
http://www.debssweetdelights.co.uk
Mark
Majorca Mad
Mark

PostSubject: Re: The Silk Purse Project   The Silk Purse Project - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 02, 2011 12:02 am

Finals have been done to bedroom 2, this is now finished, and we'll be moving D into this room tomorrow, releasing the next room, Bedroom 1, for the same treatment!

Finals consisted of wallpapering, touching up Gloss paint, filling, fitting a shelf for the Sky box, curtains, nets & carpets. You can just about see the new light fitting.

The Silk Purse Project - Page 3 P1000912

The Silk Purse Project - Page 3 P1000913

The Silk Purse Project - Page 3 P1000916

The Silk Purse Project - Page 3 P1000915

The Silk Purse Project - Page 3 P1000914

I tried a panoramic shot, but the room is too small to get any scope really.

Back to top Go down
DadsBarmy

DadsBarmy

PostSubject: Re: The Silk Purse Project   The Silk Purse Project - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 02, 2011 7:13 am

Now have I got this right, when the meter man comes to read the lecy meter he has to go into your daughters bedroom?
I can see Aunty Mick buying a pair of glasses and a clip board knocking on the door
Back to top Go down
Mark
Majorca Mad
Mark

PostSubject: Re: The Silk Purse Project   The Silk Purse Project - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 02, 2011 7:35 am

Well it's the gas meter Dad's, but same scenario Very Happy
Back to top Go down
DadsBarmy

DadsBarmy

PostSubject: Re: The Silk Purse Project   The Silk Purse Project - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 02, 2011 7:42 am

Well as far as Aunty Mick is concerned with the amount of hot air he espouses its the right meter
Back to top Go down
Mick
ALL ROUND GOOD GUY
Mick

PostSubject: Re: The Silk Purse Project   The Silk Purse Project - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 02, 2011 8:24 am

DadsBarmy wrote:
Well as far as Aunty Mick is concerned with the amount of hot air he espouses its the right meter

I was laughing out loud at your first quip Dads, lol! but now you have added this one, do you see me laughing, I think not. sob

OFFICIAL VODKA TASTER
debdon

PostSubject: Re: The Silk Purse Project   The Silk Purse Project - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 02, 2011 8:28 am

Wow, what a difference, so bright & spacious now. bravo
Back to top Go down
delboy
Mad Destination Expert
delboy

PostSubject: Re: The Silk Purse Project   The Silk Purse Project - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 02, 2011 8:30 am

Blimey your going well Mark, it would be great to finish one of son's rooms :-bd: son has similar choice with the lights as your daughter.

Looks quite homely in there now
Back to top Go down
Mick
ALL ROUND GOOD GUY
Mick

PostSubject: Re: The Silk Purse Project   The Silk Purse Project - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 02, 2011 8:32 am

You have done a great job there Mark. :-bd: Your Daughter will be well chuffed with her room now, what a difference. cheers

Lil 'ol wine drinker
beeech

PostSubject: Re: The Silk Purse Project   The Silk Purse Project - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 02, 2011 8:52 am

Fab !

LOVE the wallpaper............................
Back to top Go down
delboy
Mad Destination Expert
delboy

PostSubject: Re: The Silk Purse Project   The Silk Purse Project - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 02, 2011 8:56 am

Beeech's moving in cheers
Back to top Go down
Mick
ALL ROUND GOOD GUY
Mick

PostSubject: Re: The Silk Purse Project   The Silk Purse Project - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 02, 2011 9:22 am

delboy wrote:
Beeech's moving in cheers

Ha ha ha ha, but not a fridge in the room for the SB wine yet though mate. cheers

Lil 'ol wine drinker
beeech

PostSubject: Re: The Silk Purse Project   The Silk Purse Project - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 02, 2011 11:13 am

Plenty of shelves in the wardrobe for it though !

Just give me an ice bucket...........................

smile
Back to top Go down
Mark
Majorca Mad
Mark

PostSubject: Re: The Silk Purse Project   The Silk Purse Project - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 07, 2011 11:11 pm

So, we move D out into bedroom 2, vacating bedroom 1 to start work on.

The Silk Purse Project - Page 3 P1000918

The Silk Purse Project - Page 3 P1000919

The bedroom door was done as part of the hallway part renovation.

The Silk Purse Project - Page 3 P1000920

First thing is to get the rubbish wardrobes down, and strip the wallpaper back to bare walls. Didn't take Jan too long Very Happy

The Silk Purse Project - Page 3 P1000922

Then chop out walls and wire in new sockets, also move the central light to a better position, and wire in for some downlights that will be in front of the wardrobes. There's also a TV wire put in.

The Silk Purse Project - Page 3 P1000925

The Silk Purse Project - Page 3 P1000924

Not sure whether it's worth putting in pictures of the next stage, plastering, it's the same as the previous rooom's progress for now.

Back to top Go down
delboy
Mad Destination Expert
delboy

PostSubject: Re: The Silk Purse Project   The Silk Purse Project - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 08, 2011 8:14 am

I have never seen a patterned paper on the ceiling before, that was a extra to get off
Back to top Go down
Mark
Majorca Mad
Mark

PostSubject: Re: The Silk Purse Project   The Silk Purse Project - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 22, 2011 2:44 pm

Well progress now is a simple 'conveyor belt' of trades, up to completion.
First, a stud wall 'nib' was formed, this will be the end panel of the new wardrobes, as well as housing the sockets for the TV.

The Silk Purse Project - Page 3 P1000926

Then, on with the plastering. Jan is getting quite good at it now Very Happy

The Silk Purse Project - Page 3 P1000927

Plastering finished.

The Silk Purse Project - Page 3 P1000928

Coats of paint applied to the walls, especially the inside of the wardrobes before the fittings are assembled.

The Silk Purse Project - Page 3 P1000929

Contiboard is purchased from B & Q and screwed together to form the inside hanging space and cubby holes.

The Silk Purse Project - Page 3 P1000935

Sliding doors fitted onto track, coving fitted, radiator on, final painting, carpet down, and Voilá! room 2 is just about finished!

The Silk Purse Project - Page 3 P1000940

The Silk Purse Project - Page 3 P1000937

The Silk Purse Project - Page 3 P1000936

Curtains to fit next, and then move in. All at leisure, over Christmas period.

Very Happy
Back to top Go down
delboy
Mad Destination Expert
delboy

PostSubject: Re: The Silk Purse Project   The Silk Purse Project - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 22, 2011 6:56 pm

Blimey, wished I had the guts to have tried the plastering stuff, if I had tried, it would have dried in craters cheers

We have put a water/paint mix on son's chimneys yesterday/today and it seems to reject the paint in a few areas causing us to rub it down and redo, bloody annoying. Son did first chimney and i tackled the second with similar results despite me using a more watery version and a brush
Back to top Go down
Mick
ALL ROUND GOOD GUY
Mick

PostSubject: Re: The Silk Purse Project   The Silk Purse Project - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 22, 2011 10:00 pm

Looking very good mate, well done the both of you. :-bd:

Majorca Mad
Mark

PostSubject: Re: The Silk Purse Project   The Silk Purse Project - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 22, 2011 11:21 pm

Did you seal it with PVA first del?
Back to top Go down
delboy
Mad Destination Expert
delboy

PostSubject: Re: The Silk Purse Project   The Silk Purse Project - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 23, 2011 8:14 am

We didn't Mark, we were just told to use watered down paint. The guy PVA'ed the plaster to the wall
Back to top Go down
Mark
Majorca Mad
Mark

PostSubject: Re: The Silk Purse Project   The Silk Purse Project - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 23, 2011 9:40 am

Difficult for me to say without seeing it, as PVA is used in some instances, and watery paint is used in others. But sometimes it doesn't matter what you do, there is a chemical reaction between the lime in the render and the gypsum in the plaster and the two just reject each other.
Back to top Go down
NannyJen
Girl Power Member

PostSubject: Re: The Silk Purse Project   The Silk Purse Project - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 23, 2011 9:46 am

What a difference, Mark. It's all looking great. Good luck with the rest of the rooms.

:-bd:

Back to top Go down
delboy
Mad Destination Expert
delboy

PostSubject: Re: The Silk Purse Project   The Silk Purse Project - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 23, 2011 10:10 am

His house is having a gypsum reaction rolling laughing I'll give the chimney a good rodding when I get down there

At least your house is going well :tup:
Back to top Go down
debdon
OFFICIAL VODKA TASTER
debdon

PostSubject: Re: The Silk Purse Project   The Silk Purse Project - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 23, 2011 11:18 am

Looking great Mark, love the colour scheme. :-bd:
Back to top Go down
WirralScouse
DE/Prophet of Doom
WirralScouse

PostSubject: Re: The Silk Purse Project   The Silk Purse Project - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 23, 2011 11:25 am

What a transformation Mark! :-bd:
And a wife who can plaster and paint.Some guys have all the luck.
Just remind me is this your chosen abode for a few years or a do-up and flog project?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Silk Purse Project   The Silk Purse Project - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Silk Purse Project

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 12Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 10, 11, 12  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Welcome to the Majorca and Worldwide Travel Forum :: MISCELLANEOUS :: PHOTOGRAPHY SECTION-
Jump to:  
Free forum | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Contact | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com