Welcome to the Majorca and Worldwide Travel Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Majorca Travel Forum / Majorca Help and Information Forum

HomeHome  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

The Silk Purse Project

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next
AuthorMessage
delboy
Mad Destination Expert
delboy

The Silk Purse Project - Page 9 _
PostSubject: Re: The Silk Purse Project   The Silk Purse Project - Page 9 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 28, 2012 10:36 pm

looks great Mark, brilliant job cheers cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
theboss
Girl Power Member
theboss

PostSubject: Re: The Silk Purse Project   The Silk Purse Project - Page 9 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 28, 2012 10:38 pm

One of the houses I viewed last week had fold away doors across the whole of the back of the house . .

The estate agent told me that the owner told him to say that it gets the sun all day long . . from morning to night . .

And he asked her what country she was living in, because we haven't had a day like that in Ireland for a long time . . lol!
Back to top Go down
beeech
Lil 'ol wine drinker
beeech

PostSubject: Re: The Silk Purse Project   The Silk Purse Project - Page 9 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 28, 2012 11:01 pm

Mark wrote:
Yeah, they are 'bi fold' doors TB. Actually 'tri fold' in this case but I don't want to confuse beech lol!

looks ok I suppose........................

Back to top Go down
Mick
ALL ROUND GOOD GUY
Mick

PostSubject: Re: The Silk Purse Project   The Silk Purse Project - Page 9 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 29, 2012 5:02 pm

Looks absolutely fabulous Mark, rep from me mate. clap clap

Majorca Mad
Mark

PostSubject: Re: The Silk Purse Project   The Silk Purse Project - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 06, 2012 9:45 pm

Well it's been a bit of a slog the last few days, it's been hot and sunny down here, and wheelbarrowing 1,500 bricks round the back on my own wasn't a great way to spend the day. But the end results are worth it. We are just about done now. Obviously more to do later on the next phase but that's this bit virtually finished now.

The Silk Purse Project - Page 9 P1010469

The Silk Purse Project - Page 9 P1010467

The Silk Purse Project - Page 9 P1010470

The Silk Purse Project - Page 9 P1010474
Back to top Go down
Mark
Majorca Mad
Mark

PostSubject: Re: The Silk Purse Project   The Silk Purse Project - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 06, 2012 10:04 pm

A couple of before, during, and after pics.

The Silk Purse Project - Page 9 P1000817

The Silk Purse Project - Page 9 P1000840

The Silk Purse Project - Page 9 P1000843

The Silk Purse Project - Page 9 P1010471

Last edited by Mark on Thu Sep 06, 2012 10:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Mark
Majorca Mad
Mark

PostSubject: Re: The Silk Purse Project   The Silk Purse Project - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 06, 2012 10:07 pm

The Silk Purse Project - Page 9 P1000820

The Silk Purse Project - Page 9 P1000863

The Silk Purse Project - Page 9 P1010472

Last edited by Mark on Thu Sep 06, 2012 10:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Mark
Majorca Mad
Mark

PostSubject: Re: The Silk Purse Project   The Silk Purse Project - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 06, 2012 10:11 pm

The Silk Purse Project - Page 9 P1000822

The Silk Purse Project - Page 9 P1010279

The Silk Purse Project - Page 9 P1010467
Back to top Go down
Mark
Majorca Mad
Mark

PostSubject: Re: The Silk Purse Project   The Silk Purse Project - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 06, 2012 10:19 pm

The Silk Purse Project - Page 9 P1010010

The Silk Purse Project - Page 9 P1010454
Back to top Go down
debdon
OFFICIAL VODKA TASTER
debdon

PostSubject: Re: The Silk Purse Project   The Silk Purse Project - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 06, 2012 10:30 pm

WOW what a transformation, it looks absolutely superb.

Well done Mark & Jan, well worth the hard graft I bet.

Stunning clap clap clap clap

Rep for the hard work & pics.
Back to top Go down
http://www.debssweetdelights.co.uk
Mark
Majorca Mad
Mark

PostSubject: Re: The Silk Purse Project   The Silk Purse Project - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 06, 2012 10:32 pm

Now to put our feet up and have a few beers in the sun eh meetup
Back to top Go down
debdon
OFFICIAL VODKA TASTER
debdon

PostSubject: Re: The Silk Purse Project   The Silk Purse Project - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 06, 2012 10:37 pm

Oh definately Mark, you deserve a rest sunbathe Sleep morebeer Eat

Just showed Don, he is very impressed & says I can have downlighters......I love them. Thumsup
Back to top Go down
http://www.debssweetdelights.co.uk
NannyJen
Girl Power Member

PostSubject: Re: The Silk Purse Project   The Silk Purse Project - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 06, 2012 10:51 pm

I've really enjoyed this thread Mark & the end result is wonderful - it doesn't look like the same place!

You must be so pleased and proud - well done & a rep on the way.

clap clap clap

Back to top Go down
theboss
Girl Power Member
theboss

PostSubject: Re: The Silk Purse Project   The Silk Purse Project - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 06, 2012 10:55 pm

Mark, in the 3rd pic, what is the building on the right, just below the flag? I know the kitchen is directly in front . .

You've both done a fab job! And such an interesting project to follow - well done to all and a rep is on it's way!

What is the next phase of the project that you mentioned?
Back to top Go down
Mark
Majorca Mad
Mark

PostSubject: Re: The Silk Purse Project   The Silk Purse Project - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 06, 2012 11:05 pm

theboss wrote:
Mark, in the 3rd pic, what is the building on the right, just below the flag? I know the kitchen is directly in front . .

? scratch I think you mean the garage. Either that or it's the house next door. They have converted the loft, hence the Dormers.

theboss wrote:
What is the next phase of the project that you mentioned?

Well the old kitchen now needs ripping out, the boiler moved, the electrics altered to knee height down from worktop height, old pantry ripped out, replastered etc etc to form the third bedroom, which I'm going to use as a study. Part of this will be to install pipes so that the bathroom renovation (next on the list) goes to plan easily.

Then following that, the driveway needs digging up and block paved, the front needs paving and turfing, and a garden wall built on the boundary by the footpath.

Then it'll be time to start redecorating from the first room we done roll eyes rolling laughing
Back to top Go down
Mark
Majorca Mad
Mark

PostSubject: Re: The Silk Purse Project   The Silk Purse Project - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 06, 2012 11:07 pm

Thanks Jen rules
Back to top Go down
theboss
Girl Power Member
theboss

PostSubject: Re: The Silk Purse Project   The Silk Purse Project - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 06, 2012 11:15 pm

Yes . . it's where the garage used to be . . . but looks very posh now!

Are you on budget so far? Shocked
Back to top Go down
Mark
Majorca Mad
Mark

PostSubject: Re: The Silk Purse Project   The Silk Purse Project - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 06, 2012 11:17 pm

Yeah, sort of. The re-roofing wasn't in the initial plans, and we probably spent more on the garden due to the amount of tree roots that needed digging out. But broadly still on course.
Back to top Go down
Mark
Majorca Mad
Mark

PostSubject: Re: The Silk Purse Project   The Silk Purse Project - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 06, 2012 11:18 pm

Yes it's the garage then. It's been extended back about 2 metres, and now has double french doors so that it's easy to get lawnmowers and stuff out, also handy if we want to shift sofas and stuff, can come round that way rather than the front door.
Back to top Go down
theboss
Girl Power Member
theboss

PostSubject: Re: The Silk Purse Project   The Silk Purse Project - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 06, 2012 11:25 pm

What's the best way to dig out tree roots . . Shocked
Back to top Go down
delboy
Mad Destination Expert
delboy

PostSubject: Re: The Silk Purse Project   The Silk Purse Project - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 06, 2012 11:35 pm

looks great Mark, I bet Jan's pleased she went on that plastering course lol!

rep from me cheers cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
Mark
Majorca Mad
Mark

PostSubject: Re: The Silk Purse Project   The Silk Purse Project - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 06, 2012 11:50 pm

theboss wrote:
What's the best way to dig out tree roots . . Shocked

With a digger and a chainsaw lolol
Back to top Go down
theboss
Girl Power Member
theboss

PostSubject: Re: The Silk Purse Project   The Silk Purse Project - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 06, 2012 11:58 pm

Sounds like hard work . . . Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
beeech
Lil 'ol wine drinker
beeech

PostSubject: Re: The Silk Purse Project   The Silk Purse Project - Page 9 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 07, 2012 7:33 am

It's looking lovely Mark ..thanks for all the pics and reviews Thumsup ( and a rep) !

I feel confident enough now to change my own lightbulbs............................. Very Happy

Back to top Go down
Mark
Majorca Mad
Mark

PostSubject: Re: The Silk Purse Project   The Silk Purse Project - Page 9 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 07, 2012 9:50 am

I got a slightly better pic this morning as the sun is on that side first thing in the morning.

The Silk Purse Project - Page 9 P1010475
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Silk Purse Project   The Silk Purse Project - Page 9 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Silk Purse Project

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 9 of 12Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Welcome to the Majorca and Worldwide Travel Forum :: MISCELLANEOUS :: PHOTOGRAPHY SECTION-
Jump to:  
Free forum | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Contact | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com