Welcome to the Majorca and Worldwide Travel Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Majorca Travel Forum / Majorca Help and Information Forum

HomeHome  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

Canary Islands, Tenerife, Playa De las Americas, Hotel Vulcano

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Daryn
Admin
Daryn

Canary Islands, Tenerife, Playa De las Americas, Hotel Vulcano _
PostSubject: Canary Islands, Tenerife, Playa De las Americas, Hotel Vulcano   Canary Islands, Tenerife, Playa De las Americas, Hotel Vulcano Icon_minitimeWed Aug 24, 2011 11:46 pm

The Hotel Vulcano is situated in a really nice area of Playa De Las Americas, bars and restaurants are within a couple of
minutes walk away as is the famous shopping centre Safari which is located directly behind the hotel.

Apologies for this poor picture

Canary Islands, Tenerife, Playa De las Americas, Hotel Vulcano P1090789 1

The entrance to the hotel is fabulous, as soon as you walk in the reception area you know you have picked a good hotel.
The reception area is full of tropical tree's and plants its amazing to see.

Canary Islands, Tenerife, Playa De las Americas, Hotel Vulcano P1090788 2

On entering our room the first thing I noticed was the lovely smell, it was so fresh and nice.
There was a little lobby with a fridge and tables, Ideal for leaving your cases out of the main room and this is what we did.

Canary Islands, Tenerife, Playa De las Americas, Hotel Vulcano P1090661 3

Looking into the bedroom the first impression was good, the room was in really good condition and the wardrobe's and draws
looked new but done in a dark wood style, I would have liked to see a more modern look but even so the workmanship was really good.

Canary Islands, Tenerife, Playa De las Americas, Hotel Vulcano P1090662 4

The beds were really comfy as they have had new mattresses fitted this year, also new was the 32'' flat screen TV's.
The small pull out settee which I ended up sleeping on lol was not as good but still ok. The only plug socket we had in
the bedroom was the one used for the TV a second socket was located in the bathroom.

Canary Islands, Tenerife, Playa De las Americas, Hotel Vulcano P1090663 5

Canary Islands, Tenerife, Playa De las Americas, Hotel Vulcano P1090664 6

The bathroom was immaculate although it could have done with a revamp, but it all felt clean and nice, the shower was powerful
enough and the water was hot, there was also a hairdryer and one plug socket.

Canary Islands, Tenerife, Playa De las Americas, Hotel Vulcano P1090665 7

Canary Islands, Tenerife, Playa De las Americas, Hotel Vulcano P1090666 8

There was a fridge/mini bar in the room which we never ended up hiring, it was locked and to use it the price was €1 a day
which I thought was very good, they also had other prices if you wanted it stocked up.

Canary Islands, Tenerife, Playa De las Americas, Hotel Vulcano P1090667 9

We came in one day to find the maids had done a lovely pattern on our bed with the covers, this happened maybe 4 times
in our 2 week stay. The maids did our room everyday including fresh towels etc.

Canary Islands, Tenerife, Playa De las Americas, Hotel Vulcano P1090668 11

This was the view from my balcony looking up towards the main road, we never had any problems with traffic noise.

Canary Islands, Tenerife, Playa De las Americas, Hotel Vulcano P1090670 12

There was an Italian restaurant along the path which had live music but by the time we got in from our night out it
was finished, we had a couple of early nights and there was no noise from this restaurant from12pm.

Canary Islands, Tenerife, Playa De las Americas, Hotel Vulcano P1090669 13

At the end of this block to the left there was a long strip of bars and all of them had live music you were spoilt for choice
I was talking to someone that had a room at the back end of the hotel near this strip and they said it kept them awake, we did
stay out until 2am one night at these bars and they were all finished and closing up for the night by that time.

Canary Islands, Tenerife, Playa De las Americas, Hotel Vulcano P1090671 14

The balcony was of a average size although the hotel does have some long balconies with sun loungers on them and facing the
pool area, I enquired about these and they were €200 extra a week, I wouldn't pay that and they had none available anyway.
I also noticed that they had some rooms on the ground floor with private sun loungers outside.

Canary Islands, Tenerife, Playa De las Americas, Hotel Vulcano P1090672 15

Here is one of the views from our floor overlooking the reception area.

Canary Islands, Tenerife, Playa De las Americas, Hotel Vulcano P1090676 16

Canary Islands, Tenerife, Playa De las Americas, Hotel Vulcano P1090675 17

Canary Islands, Tenerife, Playa De las Americas, Hotel Vulcano P1090677 18

Canary Islands, Tenerife, Playa De las Americas, Hotel Vulcano P1090678 19

The reception area was lovely, you could not fault it, there was seating areas amongst the tree's.

Canary Islands, Tenerife, Playa De las Americas, Hotel Vulcano P1090679 20

The water features were really good in the reception area's.

Canary Islands, Tenerife, Playa De las Americas, Hotel Vulcano P1090680 21

Canary Islands, Tenerife, Playa De las Americas, Hotel Vulcano P1090681 22

Canary Islands, Tenerife, Playa De las Americas, Hotel Vulcano P1100093 23

Down these stairs led you to the restaurant and pool area. The restaurant was really clean and the staff were brilliant, we
never hung around long for a table, the food in the restaurant was of a good standard but not the best Ive had. The cooked
breakfasts were good but the sausages, well lets just say we didn't eat them they looked more like the small German spicy sausages
not that there is anything wrong with that but we didn't fancy them, the evening meal's were good but again not the best Ive had
there was always steak's, fish, soups, salads and cakes the usual that you would expect from this standard of hotel but we just
never got really excited about anything they had on offer, don't get me wrong there was always something to eat but nothing
that you could say was amazing, and for those that have children this hotel is no good if they are fussy eaters, but they do advertise
the fact that's its for older clientele. If I was to gave a score for the food it would be 7/10 just because we didn't come out of the
restaurant and say wow that was amazing it was average but good if you know what I mean lol.

Canary Islands, Tenerife, Playa De las Americas, Hotel Vulcano P1100090 24

There was a little crazy golf outside one of the bars which was free, you just gave a deposit and got it back when you finished.

Canary Islands, Tenerife, Playa De las Americas, Hotel Vulcano P1100094 26

Canary Islands, Tenerife, Playa De las Americas, Hotel Vulcano P1100095 27

The bar areas were a pleasant place to be and the bar staff hard working, the one thing that got to me about this was that
there only seemed to be one maybe two barman, I stood waiting to be served one night for about 10 minutes, they asked
me to sit and someone would take my order now there seemed to be two people walking around taking orders on a electronic
gadget which obviously sent the order straight to the bar, then there was all these waiters bringing your drinks but again with
only one or two barmen making cocktails etc it wasn't very efficient.

Canary Islands, Tenerife, Playa De las Americas, Hotel Vulcano P1100097 28

As you can see it was very hot when we were there, there was two pools nothing special just two square pools, no playing around
either as the pool guard was straight on top of you lol. No floaters are jumping in the pool allowed but it did make for a very relaxing
atmosphere .

Canary Islands, Tenerife, Playa De las Americas, Hotel Vulcano P1100096 29

The pool area was very strange lol, they had what we called the bike sheds lol, they were fixed metal grids above your head to shade you
from the sun, and they did spoil the look of the pool area, you had to shuffle your bed out into the sun and into the path the guard would
inspect these paths every now and then and if he thought you were blocking the path then he asked you to shove it in a little bit, very
funny we thought. This picture was taken from the pool bar,which you can buy food, I will say the pizzas were fantastic, wish they had them
on for the evening dinner lol. The second week of our holiday the hotel was full and the pool bar suffered, we waited ages for to get served, the lady eventually came and took my order for drinks then walked away, I followed her and said we were ready to order our food and she
said one moment, we waited a further 10minutes then I cancelled my drinks and we went to the bar around the corner, funnily enough it was
called the corner bar lol but the food was really good.

Canary Islands, Tenerife, Playa De las Americas, Hotel Vulcano P1090720 pool from pool bar

Canary Islands, Tenerife, Playa De las Americas, Hotel Vulcano P1090757

Well what can I say every-time the flash came on my camera I shut my eyes, this happened all the time lol.

Canary Islands, Tenerife, Playa De las Americas, Hotel Vulcano P1100029

Hotel acts were a joke some nights, it was more like a karaoke lol, they were definitely not professional acts but there was
some exceptions, the Eagles tribute act was brilliant, four guys playing guitars absolutely superb, there was also a drag act that was
hilarious, Abba, Madonna was an absolute joke don't bother 3 guys doing acrobats were also worth watching , go to the bars
around the corner much better acts.
A tip for anyone liking classic rock, go to the strip of bars around the corner and go to the Bulls Head the rock band is brilliant.

Canary Islands, Tenerife, Playa De las Americas, Hotel Vulcano P1090763 31

Canary Islands, Tenerife, Playa De las Americas, Hotel Vulcano P1090761 32

A good tip here is to apply for a Spring Club Card on the hotels website before you go, at the end of your holiday you will get
15% of your total bill and you will just pick it up at the hotel when you get there. Check it out HERE
The hotel prefers you to sign for everything and this is when you get the 15% ofF your bill at the end of your stay, they dont like money
changing hands around the hotel at all, but you can pay by cash if you want but 15%off IS A BIG BONUS.

The best place to eat close by for lunch is the corner bar, come out the hotel entrance turn right and right again down the path
at the end of the block on the right you will see the corner bar this is also where you will see the strip of bars. You will also notice
straight in front of you the Safari shopping centre is there and lots of bars and restaurants.

The nearest supermarket, again turn right out of reception towards the path and you come across the supermarket straight away,
1.5 litre bottles of water 50 cents.

If you fancy going out for you evening meal the hotel will gladly swap your meal for lunch at the pool side bar, ask in advance.

Would I stay at this hotel again, yes I would, I never heard a thing through the walls the hotel is nice to relax in, what I would say is
if you book this hotel ask for a room near the front of the hotel or the right hand side of the hotel when your facing the main entrance.
We were on the left hand side but at the first half of it, the only noise we heard was from the Italian restaurant opposite but it was
finished by midnight.

Other hotels form this chain is the Arona Gran Hotel in Los Cristiano's, I spoke to several guests from there and heard nothing but
great reviews, I'm sure its A/I, I went along to have a look for myself and it is really nice http://www.springhoteles.com/en/arona-gran-hotel-los-cristianos.php

For further details of Spring Hotel offers click HERE

If I remember anything else Ill add it at a later date. Hope you enjoyed my review.

Last edited by Daryn on Thu Aug 25, 2011 2:10 am; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
https://majorcaforum.forumotion.com
Daryn
Admin
Daryn

PostSubject: Re: Canary Islands, Tenerife, Playa De las Americas, Hotel Vulcano   Canary Islands, Tenerife, Playa De las Americas, Hotel Vulcano Icon_minitimeThu Aug 25, 2011 1:59 am

That took longer than I thought it would lol cheers

First Lady Supertonic

PostSubject: Re: Canary Islands, Tenerife, Playa De las Americas, Hotel Vulcano   Canary Islands, Tenerife, Playa De las Americas, Hotel Vulcano Icon_minitimeThu Aug 25, 2011 5:11 am

Brilliant review Daryn. :-bd: :-bd:

The strip of bars around the back are in an area called Parque de la Paz, and the entertainment down there is fantastic every night. The downside is that drinks prices are expensive there as you are paying for the entertainment.
Back to top Go down
beeech
Lil 'ol wine drinker
beeech

PostSubject: Re: Canary Islands, Tenerife, Playa De las Americas, Hotel Vulcano   Canary Islands, Tenerife, Playa De las Americas, Hotel Vulcano Icon_minitimeThu Aug 25, 2011 7:49 am

Fab review Daryn - have a rep !

It looks lovely - it's making me look forward more to going hopefully next year Very Happy
Back to top Go down
delboy
Mad Destination Expert
delboy

PostSubject: Re: Canary Islands, Tenerife, Playa De las Americas, Hotel Vulcano   Canary Islands, Tenerife, Playa De las Americas, Hotel Vulcano Icon_minitimeThu Aug 25, 2011 8:50 am

A class review Daryn cheers
Back to top Go down
WirralScouse
DE/Prophet of Doom
WirralScouse

PostSubject: Re: Canary Islands, Tenerife, Playa De las Americas, Hotel Vulcano   Canary Islands, Tenerife, Playa De las Americas, Hotel Vulcano Icon_minitimeThu Aug 25, 2011 9:34 am

Lot of time dedicated to a comprehensive review.I really got the feel of the place from it.Perhaps Los C and H Arona Gran would be more my heavy.Deserves a rep.
Back to top Go down
Daryn
Admin
Daryn

PostSubject: Re: Canary Islands, Tenerife, Playa De las Americas, Hotel Vulcano   Canary Islands, Tenerife, Playa De las Americas, Hotel Vulcano Icon_minitimeThu Aug 25, 2011 10:22 am

WS you couldn't really fault this hotel, yes there was a few niggles but hasn't all hotels, I would go back and I bet its great off season.
The H Arona Gran is at the far end of Los Cristiano's and as far as you can go, but it has fab views with its location being right on the coast,
because LC has grew so much since last time I was there within seconds from H Arona you are amongst bars and restaurants, there is also a
market next door to it which is open a couple of times a week. I think the Vulcano had a better location being central and next to the posh
shopping area, it was a great base for walking either way up the coast, I also think PDLA looked more up market but the Arona hotel pool area
is fantastic.

I would defo go back to the Vulcano it was good, there was always fish etc on but we are not fish eaters lol, as a comparison I prefer the food
at the Gaudalupe Sol but that's not to say it was bad. If you want to relax Vulcano is a good hotel, no rowdiness etc but just remember what
rooms to ask for.

Also I forgot to mention drinks we only drank lager and sangria, I love my sangria, the local lager was dorada, this seemed to be the local drink
everywhere to be honest, the price was €3 and the sangria was €8 for half a litre €12 for a litre and it was one of the nicest sangria's Ive ever
had but don't forget there was 15% off that price with the discount card, San Miguel was €2.50 a bottle and that goes for the bars as well but I
did think the bottles seemed alot smaller to what you get in Mallorca.

I think for the resort you would prefer the location of the Vulcano more up market around the Safari area than LC but I think you would
prefer the the pool and bar area's of the Arona.

Daryn
Admin
Daryn

PostSubject: Re: Canary Islands, Tenerife, Playa De las Americas, Hotel Vulcano   Canary Islands, Tenerife, Playa De las Americas, Hotel Vulcano Icon_minitimeThu Aug 25, 2011 10:41 am

Thanks for that info First Lady Supertonic, yes the bar prices were on average €3 a pint €2 for a half and €2 for a small lemonade
there was a small scotish bar that was reasonable and they served a lager that Ive never heard of before and it was really nice.

Canary Islands, Tenerife, Playa De las Americas, Hotel Vulcano P1090890

Ill be doing a review of the nightlife soon, with picture of course.

Mark
Majorca Mad
Mark

PostSubject: Re: Canary Islands, Tenerife, Playa De las Americas, Hotel Vulcano   Canary Islands, Tenerife, Playa De las Americas, Hotel Vulcano Icon_minitimeThu Aug 25, 2011 11:10 am

Great review Daryn Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Hayzer
ALL ROUND DESTINATION EXPERT
Hayzer

PostSubject: Re: Canary Islands, Tenerife, Playa De las Americas, Hotel Vulcano   Canary Islands, Tenerife, Playa De las Americas, Hotel Vulcano Icon_minitimeThu Aug 25, 2011 11:40 am

:-bd: Nice one Daryn fantastic review of hotel.

DE/Prophet of Doom
WirralScouse

PostSubject: Re: Canary Islands, Tenerife, Playa De las Americas, Hotel Vulcano   Canary Islands, Tenerife, Playa De las Americas, Hotel Vulcano Icon_minitimeThu Aug 25, 2011 2:53 pm

Daryn.Thanks for the further info.I thought LosCris might be better for MrsWS and me as PDLA is Party Central and when we are out together as a couple MrsWS finds that sort of scene a bit loud and OTT.Must say though that 2 features adjacent to Vulcano would go down well with both of us are the selection of live music bars and (for herself) the upmarket shopping mall.Customer ratings for Arona Gran are just as high as for Vulcano.Also I don't suppose be-headings are all that frequent in LosCris affraid

Interesting you mention "low season".When is that in Tenerife as I thought it is a 365 days holiday spot? I have only ever been to Santa Cruz in Tenerife but seeing your review and Hayzer's of Costa Adeje I just know I would like it.MrsWS is harder to please so maybe Costa Adeje would appeal more to her aspirations.

Thanks again for a really interesting and informative review.
Back to top Go down
Mick
ALL ROUND GOOD GUY
Mick

PostSubject: Re: Canary Islands, Tenerife, Playa De las Americas, Hotel Vulcano   Canary Islands, Tenerife, Playa De las Americas, Hotel Vulcano Icon_minitimeThu Aug 25, 2011 4:55 pm

A fantastic review with fabulous photo's Daryn, a great read. :-bd:

Were you holding your stomach in on a few photo's mate? lol!

PostSubject: Re: Canary Islands, Tenerife, Playa De las Americas, Hotel Vulcano   Canary Islands, Tenerife, Playa De las Americas, Hotel Vulcano Icon_minitimeThu Aug 25, 2011 6:34 pm

Great review daryn you werent asleep for them photos were you our kate growing up scarey
Back to top Go down
beeech
Lil 'ol wine drinker
beeech

PostSubject: Re: Canary Islands, Tenerife, Playa De las Americas, Hotel Vulcano   Canary Islands, Tenerife, Playa De las Americas, Hotel Vulcano Icon_minitimeThu Aug 25, 2011 7:03 pm

WirralScouse wrote:

Also I don't suppose be-headings are all that frequent in LosCris affraid

Oh WS - that's made me laugh so much I'm crying !

( I apologise for my sick sense of humour ) Embarassed

If I could give more than 1 rep I would - but can't..so 1 it is !

lolol
Back to top Go down
WirralScouse
DE/Prophet of Doom
WirralScouse

PostSubject: Re: Canary Islands, Tenerife, Playa De las Americas, Hotel Vulcano   Canary Islands, Tenerife, Playa De las Americas, Hotel Vulcano Icon_minitimeThu Aug 25, 2011 8:06 pm

Thanx beeech.
Back to top Go down
Daryn
Admin
Daryn

PostSubject: Re: Canary Islands, Tenerife, Playa De las Americas, Hotel Vulcano   Canary Islands, Tenerife, Playa De las Americas, Hotel Vulcano Icon_minitimeThu Aug 25, 2011 9:17 pm

WS that area was not where the club scene is, that was a fair walk away, the only lively part of it was the strip of live music bars that I mentioned, when I say off season I still think it gets more busy in the kids 6 week holiday time and of course the factory fourtnight. Graham our kids are growing older to fast now it is very scarey

roamer
Girl Power Member
roamer

PostSubject: Re: Canary Islands, Tenerife, Playa De las Americas, Hotel Vulcano   Canary Islands, Tenerife, Playa De las Americas, Hotel Vulcano Icon_minitimeFri Aug 26, 2011 8:42 am

Very good review. I could spend loads of time just relaxing in reception. Beautiful.
Back to top Go down
http://fiona-king.co.uk
First Lady Supertonic

PostSubject: Re: Canary Islands, Tenerife, Playa De las Americas, Hotel Vulcano   Canary Islands, Tenerife, Playa De las Americas, Hotel Vulcano Icon_minitimeFri Aug 26, 2011 5:01 pm

WirralScouse wrote:
Daryn.Thanks for the further info.I thought LosCris might be better for MrsWS and me as PDLA is Party Central and when we are out together as a couple MrsWS finds that sort of scene a bit loud and OTT.Must say though that 2 features adjacent to Vulcano would go down well with both of us are the selection of live music bars and (for herself) the upmarket shopping mall.Customer ratings for Arona Gran are just as high as for Vulcano.Also I don't suppose be-headings are all that frequent in LosCris affraid

Interesting you mention "low season".When is that in Tenerife as I thought it is a 365 days holiday spot? I have only ever been to Santa Cruz in Tenerife but seeing your review and Hayzer's of Costa Adeje I just know I would like it.MrsWS is harder to please so maybe Costa Adeje would appeal more to her aspirations.

Thanks again for a really interesting and informative review.

Hi WS

To find out more about different areas in Tenerife come and have a look around www.thetenerifeforum.com. This forum is specifically geared to assist anyone wanting to visit Tenerife or relocate there. We are a friendly bunch, ask Daryn Very Happy

As for the frequency of beheadings in Los Cristianos, I'd say a lot less than any sort of violent crime in Liverpool. Laughing
Back to top Go down
Daryn
Admin
Daryn

PostSubject: Re: Canary Islands, Tenerife, Playa De las Americas, Hotel Vulcano   Canary Islands, Tenerife, Playa De las Americas, Hotel Vulcano Icon_minitimeFri Aug 26, 2011 6:03 pm

Hehehe, yes they are all a very nice bunch on there, we have a link on the travel links section for anyone should you lose this post for www.thetenerifeforum.com

WirralScouse
DE/Prophet of Doom
WirralScouse

PostSubject: Re: Canary Islands, Tenerife, Playa De las Americas, Hotel Vulcano   Canary Islands, Tenerife, Playa De las Americas, Hotel Vulcano Icon_minitimeFri Aug 26, 2011 9:00 pm

Will take a look at your forum Lady Gaga.

As for violent crime in Liverpool I don't recall any beheadings.But last weekend a guy had an ear,his nose and upper lip bitten off in the early hours outside a nightclub.A 32 year old man from Aigburth has been remanded in connection with the assault.His name was not H Lechter.
Back to top Go down
First Lady Supertonic

PostSubject: Re: Canary Islands, Tenerife, Playa De las Americas, Hotel Vulcano   Canary Islands, Tenerife, Playa De las Americas, Hotel Vulcano Icon_minitimeSat Aug 27, 2011 4:47 am

WirralScouse wrote:
Will take a look at your forum Lady Gaga.

As for violent crime in Liverpool I don't recall any beheadings.But last weekend a guy had an ear,his nose and upper lip bitten off in the early hours outside a nightclub.A 32 year old man from Aigburth has been remanded in connection with the assault.His name was not H Lechter.

Laughing Laughing Laughing

Superb. Love your style baby. Very Happy

Back to top Go down
Daryn
Admin
Daryn

PostSubject: Re: Canary Islands, Tenerife, Playa De las Americas, Hotel Vulcano   Canary Islands, Tenerife, Playa De las Americas, Hotel Vulcano Icon_minitimeSat Aug 27, 2011 4:57 am

rolling laughing

Mick
ALL ROUND GOOD GUY
Mick

PostSubject: Re: Canary Islands, Tenerife, Playa De las Americas, Hotel Vulcano   Canary Islands, Tenerife, Playa De las Americas, Hotel Vulcano Icon_minitimeSat Aug 27, 2011 9:38 am

lol! @ WS.

Mad Destination Expert
delboy

PostSubject: Re: Canary Islands, Tenerife, Playa De las Americas, Hotel Vulcano   Canary Islands, Tenerife, Playa De las Americas, Hotel Vulcano Icon_minitimeWed Aug 31, 2011 9:26 am

Something we hadn't thought of hotels allowing one to have midday lunch instead of evening meal, gives Mrs DB an idea that we could mix days with eating out which we prefer to do, dont like sitting around a pool all day every day. The brochures of the leading tour companies don't seem to have self catering in them. However, on the internet the same companies have quite a few of self catering on their site. Mrs DB has an eye on one, may pop across to the Tenerife forum later on and ask them of any experiences on the place we have in mind
Back to top Go down
Mick
ALL ROUND GOOD GUY
Mick

PostSubject: Re: Canary Islands, Tenerife, Playa De las Americas, Hotel Vulcano   Canary Islands, Tenerife, Playa De las Americas, Hotel Vulcano Icon_minitimeWed Aug 31, 2011 3:36 pm

clever Delboy.

PostSubject: Re: Canary Islands, Tenerife, Playa De las Americas, Hotel Vulcano   Canary Islands, Tenerife, Playa De las Americas, Hotel Vulcano Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Canary Islands, Tenerife, Playa De las Americas, Hotel Vulcano

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Welcome to the Majorca and Worldwide Travel Forum :: WORLDWIDE TRAVEL REVIEW SECTION NEW FOR 2011. EST 18/05/11 :: ENTER HERE :: CANARY ISLANDS :: HOTEL/ACCOM REVIEW SECTION-
Jump to:  
Create a forum | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Contact | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com