Welcome to the Majorca and Worldwide Travel Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Majorca Travel Forum / Majorca Help and Information Forum

HomeHome  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

Red Sea Holiday Village April 2009

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Mick
ALL ROUND GOOD GUY
Mick

Red Sea Holiday Village April 2009 - Page 2 _
PostSubject: Re: Red Sea Holiday Village April 2009   Red Sea Holiday Village April 2009 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 13, 2011 12:52 pm

It will soon come round WB. :-bd:

MF joke teller
yozef

PostSubject: Re: Red Sea Holiday Village April 2009   Red Sea Holiday Village April 2009 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 13, 2011 1:18 pm

i also have mixed feelings re egypt,not so much the deli-belly aspect as i'm used to jan's cooking,but i like to be abe to hit the town at night and feel safe to wander the streets late at night.

a mate who went to sharm said never again,apparently the shop keepers are very rude and persistent,he ended up nearly strangling one of them.

shame as i love taking photo's and i think egypt would offer some great subjects.

maybe,one day

still looking for a winter sun destination for dec/jan.good deals about too
Back to top Go down
Daryn
Admin
Daryn

PostSubject: Re: Red Sea Holiday Village April 2009   Red Sea Holiday Village April 2009 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 13, 2011 2:54 pm

This is great Debs, love the fact that your room was right next to the pool edge a rep from me too. Im right into history and would love to visti the place but thats the only reason for it. It would not be a holiday to save up for and as others it might be something Im missing out on, but when I win the lotto it would defo be a history lesson for me.

debdon
OFFICIAL VODKA TASTER
debdon

PostSubject: Re: Red Sea Holiday Village April 2009   Red Sea Holiday Village April 2009 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 14, 2011 7:29 pm

I have to be honest here, we only went here as our son won a £1000 holiday voucher & gave it to us to use towards a holiday. He made a point of saying 'please use for for somewhere other than Majorca, go further afield' because as you all know we have been going here for years.

So, we decided to try Egypt & make it special, we upgraded the flight with extra legroom seats, paid lots more for the swim up room & to keep the room on the last day. Again, we would never of done this without the voucher from our son.

He actually said he wanted us to have it as a Thank you for everything we have done for him - he can be so thoughtful.

But as I said, the only real thing we liked was the climate, we went in late april into may & it was red hot during the day & warm in the evenings.

We didn't have any tummy upsets but we were very sensible & used the hand gel ALL the time.

Would we go again - I don't think so, happier with 2 & a bit flight to Majorca thank you lol!
Back to top Go down
http://www.debssweetdelights.co.uk
Bella
Girl Power Member
Bella

PostSubject: Re: Red Sea Holiday Village April 2009   Red Sea Holiday Village April 2009 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 14, 2011 7:58 pm

Oh! You have a very thoughtful Son indeed Debs.....lovely story and although you won't go back it must have been a nice experience staying in that lovely hotel.....and I bet you came back with a lovely tan so early in the year too!! Smile
Back to top Go down
Daryn
Admin
Daryn

PostSubject: Re: Red Sea Holiday Village April 2009   Red Sea Holiday Village April 2009 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 14, 2011 8:06 pm

That was nice and thats what I would have done as well Debs used it for somewhere other than Mallorca. deckchair

debdon
OFFICIAL VODKA TASTER
debdon

PostSubject: Re: Red Sea Holiday Village April 2009   Red Sea Holiday Village April 2009 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 14, 2011 8:09 pm

Oh yes Bella it was a lovely room & hotel, yes definately an experience to be remembered - especially the reason we went.

Our son was training for the Police at the time, he also was single so thought he would never use the voucher. We could have had it made out to any company we wanted so chose Thomson/|First Choice as they are the only ones that go to the Holiday Village & we said if we went we'd have to have a swim up room lol! Our 1st & probably last bit of pure indulgence & luxury haha.

Bles him since then he has a steady girlfriend & they went to Maurutious together so he could have used it himself.

As soon as he got off the phone from being told he'd won it his first words were ' You & Dad can have that ' It was pure luck, he worked in security in Tesco at the time & it was one of those you fill in your name, phone no & put it in the box - didn't cost a penny to enter. Lucky boy eh. lol!

Back to top Go down
debdon
OFFICIAL VODKA TASTER
debdon

PostSubject: Re: Red Sea Holiday Village April 2009   Red Sea Holiday Village April 2009 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 14, 2011 8:11 pm

Daryn wrote:
That was nice and thats what I would have done as well Debs used it for somewhere other than Mallorca. deckchair

That was his only stipulation Daryn, but it suited us as we only ever do cheapies in Majorca anyway, it would have been a waste of the voucher.
Back to top Go down
Mick
ALL ROUND GOOD GUY
Mick

PostSubject: Re: Red Sea Holiday Village April 2009   Red Sea Holiday Village April 2009 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 14, 2011 8:18 pm

debdon wrote:
Daryn wrote:

That was his only stipulation Daryn, but it suited us as we only ever do cheapies in Majorca anyway, it would have been a waste of the voucher.

Cheapies with all that Voddie Debs? wink

OFFICIAL VODKA TASTER
debdon

PostSubject: Re: Red Sea Holiday Village April 2009   Red Sea Holiday Village April 2009 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 14, 2011 8:20 pm

Exactly Mick.............you should have tasted the voddie in Egypt - it was disgusting, didn't taste anything like the voddie we know eek thumbs down
Back to top Go down
Mick
ALL ROUND GOOD GUY
Mick

PostSubject: Re: Red Sea Holiday Village April 2009   Red Sea Holiday Village April 2009 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 14, 2011 8:23 pm

Made from local water, it is called Denile Vodka. :BU*:

OFFICIAL VODKA TASTER
debdon

PostSubject: Re: Red Sea Holiday Village April 2009   Red Sea Holiday Village April 2009 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 14, 2011 8:30 pm

Well I certainly deniled myself of it - we bought 2 litres of decent stuff at Gatwick each affraid oh yes, we got through 2 litres of Bacardi & 2 of Smirnoff blue in 2 weeks OMG. I used to take some out in the evening & just get a coke from the bar, what a waste of all inclusive eh sob
Back to top Go down
HappyH

HappyH

PostSubject: Re: Red Sea Holiday Village April 2009   Red Sea Holiday Village April 2009 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 25, 2014 1:19 am

Rep from me debdon, Cheers. Bit belated obviously but better late than never  ner-ner 
HH.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Red Sea Holiday Village April 2009   Red Sea Holiday Village April 2009 - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Red Sea Holiday Village April 2009

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Welcome to the Majorca and Worldwide Travel Forum :: WORLDWIDE TRAVEL REVIEW SECTION NEW FOR 2011. EST 18/05/11 :: ENTER HERE :: AFRICA includes Egypt :: HOTEL/ACCOM REVIEW SECTION-
Jump to:  
Free forum | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Contact | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com