Welcome to the Majorca and Worldwide Travel Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Majorca Travel Forum / Majorca Help and Information Forum

HomeHome  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

Longleat, two nights at Bath Arms Hotel

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
delboy
Mad Destination Expert
delboy

Longleat, two nights at Bath Arms Hotel _
PostSubject: Longleat, two nights at Bath Arms Hotel   Longleat, two nights at Bath Arms Hotel Icon_minitimeSat Apr 02, 2011 9:12 pm

Mrs DB and I had a short break to Longleat in 2007 and we stayed at the Bath Arms Hotel not far from the Estate of Longleat. The deal with the Hotel included free tickets into Longleat itself which turned out to be a bargain. I don't believe that offer has been given since.

Longleat, two nights at Bath Arms Hotel Pictur18

The hotel had themed rooms and we were given the Chinese room which had a very large bed

Longleat, two nights at Bath Arms Hotel Pictur19

The evening meals were excellent with those sauces squiggled across the plate.

After a lovely cooked breakfast the next morning

we did the sarfari drive, where you could pull in to see the animals

Longleat, two nights at Bath Arms Hotel Pictur20

Some of the animals couldn't be bothered with us and didn't come near us

Longleat, two nights at Bath Arms Hotel Pictur21

Whilst others just want to come too close

Longleat, two nights at Bath Arms Hotel Pictur22

In the monkey enclosure they all wanted to strip our car down

Longleat, two nights at Bath Arms Hotel Pictur23

And in the Deer area Mrs DB bought a cup of food for them and because I didn't have a cup on my side of the car they kick my car in. I ended up with a dent

Longleat, two nights at Bath Arms Hotel Pictur24

In some enclosures we were told to wind our windows up, this poor soul may have forgotten

Longleat, two nights at Bath Arms Hotel Pictur25

We had a train ride around a lake and a boat ride which sold one more food to feed the seals

Longleat, two nights at Bath Arms Hotel Pictur26

The day was just Simple

Longleat, two nights at Bath Arms Hotel Pictur27

We also visited the House where the Marquis of Bath lives and saw the rooms and paintings but no photography was allow.

All in All, not a bad break, took my fishing rods to fish for the last morning but no bites

Longleat, two nights at Bath Arms Hotel Pictur28

Last edited by delboy on Tue Aug 30, 2011 8:40 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
Mick
ALL ROUND GOOD GUY
Mick

PostSubject: Re: Longleat, two nights at Bath Arms Hotel   Longleat, two nights at Bath Arms Hotel Icon_minitimeSat Apr 02, 2011 9:46 pm

Great review & photo's Delboy.

Girl Power Member
roamer

PostSubject: Re: Longleat, two nights at Bath Arms Hotel   Longleat, two nights at Bath Arms Hotel Icon_minitimeSat Apr 02, 2011 9:48 pm

Looks like a good weekend break. Nice room too.
Back to top Go down
http://fiona-king.co.uk
WirralScouse
DE/Prophet of Doom
WirralScouse

PostSubject: Re: Longleat, two nights at Bath Arms Hotel   Longleat, two nights at Bath Arms Hotel Icon_minitimeSat Apr 02, 2011 9:49 pm

40 years ago I used to live near Longleat (near Bradford-on-Avon,Wilts) which had not long been open as a safari park.Went.The monkeys removed the screen washer jets from the car and crapped all over the car.The lions were asleep.The old Lord Bath (father of the current Thynne) had an eye to business.The current Lord Bath has an eye for crumpet and loads of it.Isn't it a CenterParks now?
Back to top Go down
delboy
Mad Destination Expert
delboy

PostSubject: Re: Longleat, two nights at Bath Arms Hotel   Longleat, two nights at Bath Arms Hotel Icon_minitimeSat Apr 02, 2011 9:51 pm

I think there is a centre parks just a mile or two from the estate
Back to top Go down
Daryn
Admin
Daryn

PostSubject: Re: Longleat, two nights at Bath Arms Hotel   Longleat, two nights at Bath Arms Hotel Icon_minitimeSun Apr 03, 2011 4:57 am

Always wanted to visit that place, I love visiting zoos although find it sad at the same time

beeech
Lil 'ol wine drinker
beeech

PostSubject: Re: Longleat, two nights at Bath Arms Hotel   Longleat, two nights at Bath Arms Hotel Icon_minitimeSun Apr 03, 2011 7:21 am

Great Pics DB !

Daryn wrote:
I love visiting zoos although find it sad at the same time

I agree Daryn - although Chester is a great one...loads of open space for the animals, and very well kept.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Longleat, two nights at Bath Arms Hotel   Longleat, two nights at Bath Arms Hotel Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Longleat, two nights at Bath Arms Hotel

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Welcome to the Majorca and Worldwide Travel Forum :: WORLDWIDE TRAVEL REVIEW SECTION NEW FOR 2011. EST 18/05/11 :: ENTER HERE :: UNITED KINGDOM :: UK RESORT REVIEW-
Jump to:  
Free forum hosting | Nature and Escape | Tourism | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Contact | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com