Welcome to the Majorca and Worldwide Travel Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Majorca Travel Forum / Majorca Help and Information Forum

HomeHome  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

Daily Covid rate on Mallorca

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
HappyH

HappyH

Daily Covid rate on Mallorca _
PostSubject: Daily Covid rate on Mallorca   Daily Covid rate on Mallorca Icon_minitimeMon Apr 19, 2021 11:52 am

Found this link, hopefully reliable for Covid stats on the Island

https://cerclemallorca.es/covid-data-balearic-islands/

My selfish fingers are still crossed that the Balearics ain't lumped in with the rest of Spain on the UK's Green/Green +/Amber/Red lists this year. Another fly in the Scottish ointment is that our Nicola doesn't seem keen on permitting international travel in case we bring a nasty variant back.

I'm booked for late August/early Sept, I personally rate our chances about 40/60 right now but that's probably being over-optimistic. 129 days & counting affraid affraid affraid

HH
Back to top Go down
Daryn
Admin
Daryn

PostSubject: Re: Daily Covid rate on Mallorca   Daily Covid rate on Mallorca Icon_minitimeMon Apr 19, 2021 3:43 pm

I think you will be ok by that time

chelsearo

PostSubject: Re: Daily Covid rate on Mallorca   Daily Covid rate on Mallorca Icon_minitimeMon Apr 19, 2021 4:36 pm

HH, I dont think its selfish at all, as soon as we can fly, we will. I live for my trips to Mallorca, youve got every right to want to go.

I truly hope that travel is allowed by August, if not I dont know if it ever will
Back to top Go down
Daryn
Admin
Daryn

PostSubject: Re: Daily Covid rate on Mallorca   Daily Covid rate on Mallorca Icon_minitimeTue Apr 20, 2021 12:38 am

Yep I agree I think we are all fed up now just want this over and done now.

I've been following Lucy on YouTube and can't believe all the work that's being done over there, can't wait to go back and Majorca of course but it has do be without restrictions for me otherwise I just don't think it will feel like a holiday

Mark
Majorca Mad
Mark

PostSubject: Re: Daily Covid rate on Mallorca   Daily Covid rate on Mallorca Icon_minitimeTue Apr 20, 2021 9:27 am

Thanks for the link HH, repped.

Hope you get to go away mate Thumsup
Back to top Go down
Daryn
Admin
Daryn

PostSubject: Re: Daily Covid rate on Mallorca   Daily Covid rate on Mallorca Icon_minitimeTue Apr 20, 2021 12:56 pm

This doesn't help to revive Spanish tourism at all

https://www.majorcadailybulletin.com/news/local/2021/04/20/82773/long-wait-airports-result-airport-restrictions.html

HappyH

HappyH

PostSubject: Re: Daily Covid rate on Mallorca   Daily Covid rate on Mallorca Icon_minitimeTue Apr 20, 2021 3:31 pm

Cheers chaps, assuming Herr Sturgeon permits International travel by then it's still not a certainty we'd go. 6 hour delay at the airport, masks wandering around, slightest possibility of quarantine, over €100 total for PCR tests for example would make it pretty pointless for us too.

See how it looks nearer the time.

Appreciate the rep Mark, Thank You clap

HH.
Back to top Go down
Mark
Majorca Mad
Mark

PostSubject: Re: Daily Covid rate on Mallorca   Daily Covid rate on Mallorca Icon_minitimeThu Apr 22, 2021 2:42 am

For me, there's also a huge uncertainty with the green/amber/red traffic light system. Whilst Mallorca might well start at Green, mainland Spain is possibly going to be Amber. So the chances that Mallorca will be upgraded to Amber whilst you are away, - and then needing to self quarantine/isolate for up to 10 days when you return, is another obstacle that's worrying.
Back to top Go down
Daryn
Admin
Daryn

PostSubject: Re: Daily Covid rate on Mallorca   Daily Covid rate on Mallorca Icon_minitimeThu Apr 22, 2021 9:10 am

Majorca is still having a very slow vaccine roll out ATM so I'm led to believe.

I think if anything it will be an off season very late holiday for us but if the resort's have restrictions etc and if the vaccine rollout hasn't materialised in that country I won't be wasting my money this year.

Better to save up and have a few trips away next year instead.

I just hope nothing goes wrong next year after the last three years we have had. One full year of fun is needed

Mark
Majorca Mad
Mark

PostSubject: Re: Daily Covid rate on Mallorca   Daily Covid rate on Mallorca Icon_minitimeFri Apr 23, 2021 2:07 am

I see that Ca's Saboners apartments have further delayed their opening up until July 1st now.
Back to top Go down
Daryn
Admin
Daryn

PostSubject: Re: Daily Covid rate on Mallorca   Daily Covid rate on Mallorca Icon_minitimeFri Apr 23, 2021 5:44 pm

Yes Debbie mentioned that the other day mind the prices they charge these days I'm surprised anyone books to stay there

Mark
Majorca Mad
Mark

PostSubject: Re: Daily Covid rate on Mallorca   Daily Covid rate on Mallorca Icon_minitimeSat Apr 24, 2021 10:42 pm

It's quality there mate, especially the ground floor apartments with your own patio area, walk a few steps and you are in the pool, or the bar, it's all right there. You get what you pay for a lot of the time.
Daily Covid rate on Mallorca P1030610
Back to top Go down
Daryn
Admin
Daryn

PostSubject: Re: Daily Covid rate on Mallorca   Daily Covid rate on Mallorca Icon_minitimeSun Apr 25, 2021 1:14 am

The apartments down the road from cas saboners were the most impressive I've stayed in (zafira), I've stayed there a few times but the prices went stupid even more so than saboners lok

Mark
Majorca Mad
Mark

PostSubject: Re: Daily Covid rate on Mallorca   Daily Covid rate on Mallorca Icon_minitimeMon Apr 26, 2021 12:40 am

Well Saboners has had an expensive refurb so I suppose they're worth it. Difficult one because we often get a deal at around the same cost to stay at Mirlos Tordos (now called Sol Palmanova) which is all inclusive for the same price as self catering!
But the Zafira refurb is another level up from that. Daft. Who wants to pay over £2,000 for a room for a week in Mallorca Rolling Eyes Shocked
But obviously people do, because it's always busy there when I've taken people in for a look round.
Back to top Go down
Daryn
Admin
Daryn

PostSubject: Re: Daily Covid rate on Mallorca   Daily Covid rate on Mallorca Icon_minitimeMon Apr 26, 2021 10:26 am

It's been a long time since we stayed at the zavira apartments, we have stayed there three times. The last time we went was for an October meet up and I think we paid around £200 for three nights, we never pay that sort of money normally but we just wanted to go back and treat ourselves, that was room only.

Crikey I wonder how much I have spent over the years on accommodation in Maga and P/N I could have bought a place. I remember my first ever holiday abroad which was Magalluf 1986, we looked at apartment prices they were really cheap in today's money £5k/ £10k for an apartment in P/N

HappyH

HappyH

PostSubject: Re: Daily Covid rate on Mallorca   Daily Covid rate on Mallorca Icon_minitimeThu Aug 19, 2021 11:13 am

HappyH wrote:
Cheers chaps, assuming Herr Sturgeon permits International travel by then it's still not a certainty we'd go. 6 hour delay at the airport, masks wandering around, slightest possibility of quarantine, over €100 total for PCR tests for example would make it pretty pointless for us too.

See how it looks nearer the time.

Appreciate the rep Mark, Thank You clap

HH.

Pulled the plug on this last night sob sob sob Ryanair charged me over £300 to move the booking (3 adults) to next June, was only slighter cheaper than a new booking.
My present Wife biggrin not comfortable travelling yet, hopefully next year. Mexico going on the Red List with very little notice earlier this month was probably the final nail in the coffin.
HH.

Oh & somebody remind me never to book with Ryanair again. I've said that before though thumbs down
Back to top Go down
chelsearo

PostSubject: Re: Daily Covid rate on Mallorca   Daily Covid rate on Mallorca Icon_minitimeThu Aug 19, 2021 11:56 am

HH that is a shame, just got back and so glad we went!
Back to top Go down
Daryn
Admin
Daryn

PostSubject: Re: Daily Covid rate on Mallorca   Daily Covid rate on Mallorca Icon_minitimeFri Aug 20, 2021 1:42 am

Robbing barstewarts I hate RA, I always end up paying more with EJ than travel with them although EJ has pulled out of Newcastle now

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Daily Covid rate on Mallorca   Daily Covid rate on Mallorca Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Daily Covid rate on Mallorca

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Welcome to the Majorca and Worldwide Travel Forum :: MAJORCA SECTION :: MAJORCA / HELP / ADVICE / QUESTIONS AND ANSWERS-
Jump to:  
Free forum | Nature and Escape | Tourism | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Contact | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com