Welcome to the Majorca and Worldwide Travel Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Majorca Travel Forum / Majorca Help and Information Forum

HomeHome  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

Don Pedro Hotel Blog

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
WirralScouse
DE/Prophet of Doom
WirralScouse

Don Pedro Hotel Blog _
PostSubject: Don Pedro Hotel Blog   Don Pedro Hotel Blog Icon_minitimeSat May 08, 2010 10:10 pm

Cala San Vicente near Pollensa/Puerto Pollensa.So remote it would be off the tourist map if it wasn't for the AI Hotel Don Pedro.But the resort isn't devoted to that hotel.The best beach IMO is Molins which is in a dramatic setting with towering cliffs.But unless it is dead calm don't swim in the sea.Coloured flag system in operation.

At the back of Molins beach is a free public car park.In peak season you can't find a space.Between the car park and the beach is Bar Mallorca.15 years ago this was an ideally-located hovel run by one aged Spanish man and his wife.Cheap but basic.Since then it has been taken over by a large local family who have spent money on it by enlarging the kitchen and extending the toilet areas.Prices are very low (not common in N Majorca) and all the people who work there seem to be family.Home made Tortilla very good,toasties good,small tapas range,they seem to regard Brits as a novelty as Germans are more prolific there.Don't they just know the best places first?
Back to top Go down
Daryn
Admin
Daryn

Don Pedro Hotel Blog _
PostSubject: Re: Don Pedro Hotel Blog   Don Pedro Hotel Blog Icon_minitimeSun May 09, 2010 5:06 am

You just couldnt pay for this sort of information, again well done my mate cheers

roamer
Girl Power Member
roamer

Don Pedro Hotel Blog _
PostSubject: Re: Don Pedro Hotel Blog   Don Pedro Hotel Blog Icon_minitimeSat Jan 29, 2011 3:36 pm

Hi,
I have just joined the forum hoping to find out some information about this area. We have just booked to go to the Don Pedro at the end of August.Thanks for the post. I will look foward to visiting the beach.
Back to top Go down
http://fiona-king.co.uk
WirralScouse
DE/Prophet of Doom
WirralScouse

Don Pedro Hotel Blog _
PostSubject: Re: Don Pedro Hotel Blog   Don Pedro Hotel Blog Icon_minitimeSat Jan 29, 2011 6:11 pm

hiya roamer.Molins beach isn't the nearest to Don Pedro as there is one right outside to the left of your hotel which is in a spectacular location.Exit your hotel and turn left when you climb up to the road.Walk along 100 yds to the extreme right hand edge of Hotel Grupotel Molins.Go down the steps (lots of) and at the foot of them there before you is the scenic beauty of Cala Molins.The cliffs add to the idyllic panorama.If you are going July/August it might be a bit busy.Anyway pop into Bar Mallorca for a drink or a snack.Last time I was there 3 months ago it was taken over by a German cyclists group.As the leader was acknowledged by the owner I suspect it is a regular stopping off point for cycle tours.Cala san Vicente is a small town but if you want to relax and not be part of a party atmosphere it is really lovely.
Back to top Go down
roamer
Girl Power Member
roamer

Don Pedro Hotel Blog _
PostSubject: Re: Don Pedro Hotel Blog   Don Pedro Hotel Blog Icon_minitimeSat Jan 29, 2011 7:12 pm

We will be sure to call in at the Bar. I am not usually a fan of AI and all it entails as we usually enjoy rambling breaks. We are going with a 14 year old however who may find a hotel with no entertainment a little too boring even though he enjoys coming on the odd walk. We thought this resort and hotel offers a little of both holiday types and will keep everybody happy. It does look beautiful. I just found some pictures on another thread.
Back to top Go down
http://fiona-king.co.uk
Ca rater Mallorqui

Ca rater Mallorqui

Don Pedro Hotel Blog _
PostSubject: Re: Don Pedro Hotel Blog   Don Pedro Hotel Blog Icon_minitimeSun Jan 30, 2011 11:45 am

HI Wirral, We love Bar Mallorca, we always walk over the Siller pass from Pollenca and have lunch there!.
Back to top Go down
WirralScouse
DE/Prophet of Doom
WirralScouse

Don Pedro Hotel Blog _
PostSubject: Re: Don Pedro Hotel Blog   Don Pedro Hotel Blog Icon_minitimeSun Jan 30, 2011 3:50 pm

Well Lynne you are far more energetic than we are.You walk.We drive.But we all end up in Bar Mallorca.Last time I was there there were some apartments being built overlooking Molins Beach in a prime location just 50metres from Bar Mallorca.Might see them advertised soon.CSV is too quiet and remote for some but if all you want to do is chill in a scenic,not to say dramatic,location it takes some beating.Sooooo different from Maga and PN.Could be a different country.
Back to top Go down
Ca rater Mallorqui

Ca rater Mallorqui

Don Pedro Hotel Blog _
PostSubject: Re: Don Pedro Hotel Blog   Don Pedro Hotel Blog Icon_minitimeSun Jan 30, 2011 4:30 pm

I know the apartments you refer to. I wasnt too sure how they blended in last April? Very swish though a little imposing I thought. I expect they will fetch top dollar. CV is great for a day trip but wouldnt want to stay all week without a car.

The cyclists love it though don't they
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Don Pedro Hotel Blog _
PostSubject: Re: Don Pedro Hotel Blog   Don Pedro Hotel Blog Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Don Pedro Hotel Blog

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Welcome to the Majorca and Worldwide Travel Forum :: MAJORCA SECTION :: MAJORCA ACCOMMODATION / MAJORCA RESORT REVIEW SECTIONS :: CALA SAN VICENTE :: CALA SAN VICENTE ACCOMMODATION-
Jump to:  
Create a forum on Forumotion | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Contact | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com