Welcome to the Majorca and Worldwide Travel Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Majorca Travel Forum / Majorca Help and Information Forum

HomeHome  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

This years meet up

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 10 ... 14  Next
AuthorMessage
Mark
Majorca Mad
Mark

This years meet up - Page 6 _
PostSubject: Re: This years meet up   This years meet up - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 01, 2011 10:38 pm

You can carry on walking on the boardwalk under Ruby's into the Hawaii pool area, and venture in through the ground floor, and take the lift up.
2 lift routes in the Hawaii, the one I just mentioned, you have to get out of that and walk round the corner to main reception to catch the other one up to the main floors.

But the hills not bad. The last few paces make you puff a bit but more out of relief Very Happy

Food in the Hawaii isn't bad.

The dilemma for you is whether you get the full value out of paying for all inc. If you are venturing out with the MF crowd, or even touring, then probably not.
Back to top Go down
Daryn
Admin
Daryn

PostSubject: Re: This years meet up   This years meet up - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 02, 2011 3:29 am

Mind the lift from the pool area at Hawaii has always been closed at night when we have stayed there and that slight hill used to kill us
after a session and a walk back from Maga lol. But its been many years since we last stayed there, also the pool area doesnt seem to get much sun in October but is an absolute sun trap July august time.
Dont forget WS MF have that discount code now for Sabboners if you need it for members only.

WirralScouse
DE/Prophet of Doom
WirralScouse

PostSubject: Re: This years meet up   This years meet up - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 02, 2011 2:13 pm

Thanks for the full info.I reckon I would find it hard going climbing the hill after a night out.I can well understand why the Hawaii's lift from the boardwalk would be closed at night.It's alright for Julie's family they can cope with the hill cos they're not in their 60s and over 16st surrender
Back to top Go down
delboy
Mad Destination Expert
delboy

PostSubject: Re: This years meet up   This years meet up - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 02, 2011 2:34 pm

The hill is at it's worse from Magaluf end and you can avoid it by walking round the front of Palma Nova and up passed Ruby Tuesday's. I wouldn't have thought it too much trouble for you but it is a hill no less
Back to top Go down
Mark
Majorca Mad
Mark

PostSubject: Re: This years meet up   This years meet up - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 02, 2011 4:46 pm

Yes, avoid the hill by climbing the 57 steps at the side of Ruby Tuesdays! rolling laughing rolling laughing rolling laughing
Back to top Go down
beeech
Lil 'ol wine drinker
beeech

PostSubject: Re: This years meet up   This years meet up - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 02, 2011 4:48 pm

Is that ' virtually '......or ' actually ' 57 steps Mark ?

wink

Back to top Go down
Mark
Majorca Mad
Mark

PostSubject: Re: This years meet up   This years meet up - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 02, 2011 5:07 pm

Best guess beeechiepoo Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Ramblinman

Ramblinman

PostSubject: Re: This years meet up   This years meet up - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 20, 2011 9:02 pm

I received an email from Jet2 yesterday informing me that our return flights from Majorca in October have been cancelled! Apparently all of their friday flights from 28th September to 26th October 2012 between Palma and East Midlands have been cancelled. surprised Great, what a pain in the a***!
As we had already booked our accomodation based on the flights we had found, this was rather annoying to say the least. Yesterday we were looking at returning with a different airline or even flying back to a different airport, but that was working out quite a bit dearer
I have now cancelled the outbound part of the trip as well and booked with Monarch flying from Birmingham, its's cost Roamer and I another £30. Whilst I was booking these flights the total went up by £20, I started off by thinking £10 extra wasn't too bad and ended up thinking bloody rob dogs. Mad
Back to top Go down
WirralScouse
DE/Prophet of Doom
WirralScouse

PostSubject: Re: This years meet up   This years meet up - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 20, 2011 9:10 pm

Indicates to me Ramblinman that Jet2 may be quitting East Midlands.When I lived in Leicester I used to fly up regularly from East Midlands to Edinburgh on business.Tiny Saab jet and expensive for the company.But EMA was a very convenient airport.Car park not far from terminal.
Back to top Go down
Ramblinman

Ramblinman

PostSubject: Re: This years meet up   This years meet up - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 20, 2011 9:18 pm

Birmingham is nearer for us but East Midlands seems to be a bit cheaper. Is it a regular thing to cancel flights? I've heard of them changing the flight times but not cancelling a whole raft of flights!
Back to top Go down
Mark
Majorca Mad
Mark

PostSubject: Re: This years meet up   This years meet up - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 20, 2011 11:46 pm

What a pain RM. At least you've sorted out an alternative though Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Mick
ALL ROUND GOOD GUY
Mick

PostSubject: Re: This years meet up   This years meet up - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 21, 2011 10:41 am

Ramblinman wrote:
I received an email from Jet2 yesterday informing me that our return flights from Majorca in October have been cancelled! Apparently all of their friday flights from 28th September to 26th October 2012 between Palma and East Midlands have been cancelled. surprised Great, what a pain in the a***!
As we had already booked our accomodation based on the flights we had found, this was rather annoying to say the least. Yesterday we were looking at returning with a different airline or even flying back to a different airport, but that was working out quite a bit dearer
I have now cancelled the outbound part of the trip as well and booked with Monarch flying from Birmingham, its's cost Roamer and I another £30. Whilst I was booking these flights the total went up by £20, I started off by thinking £10 extra wasn't too bad and ended up thinking bloody rob dogs. Mad

That is annoying to say the least RM, :f^h: but glad you have found an alternative flight. :-bd: Great though isn't it, Jet 2 virtually saying, "we have cancelled your flight tough titties sorry about that", attitude. smilie evil

DE/Prophet of Doom
WirralScouse

PostSubject: Re: This years meet up   This years meet up - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 30, 2011 11:44 pm

Very disappointed at the hotel prices in Palma Nova around the meet-up dates.Why are Majorca prices so high for 2012? Last year I paid £220 for 5 nights at Sol Mirlos.For 2012 6 nights £362.Same AI basis.I will wait until mid-January and then book at Sol Mirlos whatever the price.I hope it will be less than £362.Only the Hotel Hawaii looks a realistic alternative.I have seen it from a distance (you couldn't miss its prime position) but I have never been there to check it out.
Back to top Go down
Daryn
Admin
Daryn

PostSubject: Re: This years meet up   This years meet up - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 31, 2011 3:35 am

The hawaii used to be basic but nice but has had some upgrades, its a nightmare at peak time season getting into the dining room for meals but off season its ok , they do have rooms that were done up to a high standard a few years back, extra cost obviously but Ive never been in them, also we have noticed you lose the sun early on through the day in middle of October, the pool is also very tiny. Ive had some good times there, sometimes the food has been amazing and sometimes not so great. Premium rooms and junior suit look nice take a look at them all here http://intertur.co.uk/hotel-hawaii-majorca-bedroom.html But that view from the bar area and the pool side rooms is fantastic. many time we Graham and better half me debbie and our kids have sat outside the main bar area terrace overlooking the bay with a few drinks at night and there is no better place to be. I might look at the prices myself of the upgraded rooms actually.

Daryn
Admin
Daryn

PostSubject: Re: This years meet up   This years meet up - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 31, 2011 3:39 am

Well I checked the prices and for our three nights, the price difference between majorca and ibiza is ridiculous, as you say why is majorca so much more expensive

Daryn
Admin
Daryn

PostSubject: Re: This years meet up   This years meet up - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 31, 2011 3:57 am

WS I tried alpha rooms for 6 nights but didnt know your dates, I put in the 30th sept to 5th october and this is what I got......

This years meet up - Page 6 Mirlos10

Hope this works out a bit better for you

Mick
ALL ROUND GOOD GUY
Mick

PostSubject: Re: This years meet up   This years meet up - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 31, 2011 4:04 pm

They don't look too bad mate. :-bd:

Admin
Daryn

PostSubject: Re: This years meet up   This years meet up - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 31, 2011 5:09 pm

double room and Im sure he goes for the bronze upgrade £273 but it might change depending on his dates and i cant remember what they were

beeech
Lil 'ol wine drinker
beeech

PostSubject: Re: This years meet up   This years meet up - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 31, 2011 5:12 pm

I think WS is going 27th Sept ?

prices nowhere near the ideal £290 yet !

I didn't know how to get the page on here like Daryn did Embarassed

Back to top Go down
Mick
ALL ROUND GOOD GUY
Mick

PostSubject: Re: This years meet up   This years meet up - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 31, 2011 5:20 pm

beeech wrote:
I think WS is going 27th Sept ?

prices nowhere near the ideal £290 yet !

I didn't know how to get the page on here like Daryn did Embarassed

You are not a geek like Daryn geek though Beeech. wink Nor do I though. sad

OFFICIAL VODKA TASTER
debdon

PostSubject: Re: This years meet up   This years meet up - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 31, 2011 5:26 pm

Just found these dates that WS posted a while ago.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

+
----
-
Dept MAN Thursday 27 Sept 1500 hrs
Dept PMI Wednesday 03 Oct 1915 hrs.

Back to top Go down
http://www.debssweetdelights.co.uk
Daryn
Admin
Daryn

PostSubject: Re: This years meet up   This years meet up - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 31, 2011 5:42 pm

Daryn wrote:
WS I tried alpha rooms for 6 nights but didnt know your dates, I put in the 30th sept to 5th october and this is what I got......

This years meet up - Page 6 Mirlos10

Hope this works out a bit better for you

Used the dates debs and Beeech gave me, WOW what a difference a few days makes

This years meet up - Page 6 Alpha_10

Daryn
Admin
Daryn

PostSubject: Re: This years meet up   This years meet up - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 31, 2011 5:44 pm

For that price you may as well use saboners and live like a king eating out with the rest of the money

Mick
ALL ROUND GOOD GUY
Mick

PostSubject: Re: This years meet up   This years meet up - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 31, 2011 6:16 pm

At least £100 more on each price. eek

DadsBarmy

PostSubject: Re: This years meet up   This years meet up - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 31, 2011 6:34 pm

Do you think that the Hoteliers have cottoned on to the fact that because Majorcaforum.com,
are having their annual conference during this period that rooms are being sold at a premium
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: This years meet up   This years meet up - Page 6 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

This years meet up

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 6 of 14Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 10 ... 14  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Welcome to the Majorca and Worldwide Travel Forum :: MAJORCA SECTION :: MAJORCA FORUM MEET UP DISCUSSIONS-
Jump to:  
Free forum | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Contact | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com