Welcome to the Majorca and Worldwide Travel Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Majorca Travel Forum / Majorca Help and Information Forum

HomeHome  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

Dubai, Grosvenor House Hotel

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Hayzer
ALL ROUND DESTINATION EXPERT
Hayzer

Dubai, Grosvenor House Hotel _
PostSubject: Dubai, Grosvenor House Hotel   Dubai, Grosvenor House Hotel Icon_minitimeSun Mar 17, 2013 1:09 pm

We stayed here for 8 days in February, we upgraded to a suite in tower two to get access to the executive lounge. The extra cost of to upgrade to a suite was offset by free food all day and drinks between 6 & 8pm. You also have the option to have breakfast at Rhodes in Residence if you fancy it.

The Grosvenor House has real wow factor everywhere you go within both towers. All the public areas lounges restaurants and bars were amazing.
The level of service is second to none and all the staff were amazingly helpful. It was my 50birthdayhay when we were there and I received a complimentarytry bottle Champagne and a wonderful hand made chocolate cake along with a card from the management.

Our suite was excellent with all the usual amenities you would expect in a 5 star hotel room. It had a bathroom and a separate toilet. The huge bed was extremely comfortable and there was a great selection of pillows to choose from.

We used the level 5 lounge on a few occasions for lunch and instead of an evening meal when we had dined out in the afternoon. We ate in the hotel a couple of times once at Rhodes Mezzanine which was one of the best meals I have ever had absolutely exquisite. Again as it was my birthday I received a complimentary selection of petit fours after our meal. We had a few quiet evenings in Bar 44 on the 44th floor for a relaxed evening , we also went to Siddharta lounge as well as Buddha Bar for something a bit more up tempo.
The Grosvenor has 14 restaurants to choose from including 2 with Michelin Star patronage. They are a tad expensive but the quality really up there with the best.

Our only gripe with the hotel was that the swimming pools and sun decks only got the sun for a few hours each day at that time of year, by 1pm the pools were in the shade. This was no real problem as you have the use of the facilities at the Le Royal Meridien hotel which we used on quite a few days. We also ate at one of the restaurants there in the evening. The grounds and beach area of the Meridiene are wonderful and you can always find a quiet spot to sunbathe.

The hotel is situated in the marina area and is in a reasonably quiet area but as with all city hotels there is some traffic noise. It is close to the beach and the “the Walk”. There are some shops and restaurants in the marina and with the walk being not too far you have a decent choice when eating out. However if you are not eating in one of the international hotels there is no alcohol available
For serious shopping the larger malls are some distance away but the Metro system is cheap and efficient and taxis are not too expensive.

We went here as it was my 50th birthday treat and to be honest it was quite expensive for food and drinks in the hotel. We tried to get the best use of the executive lounge sor lunches ot a light evening meal if we had eaten out during the day, drinks were free from 6-8pm. A beer in the hotel as about £8 and drinks with mixers about the same drink prices were roughly the same at all the bars and restaurants. A light lunch or evening meal will set you back about £60 without drinks and a full a la carte dinner would probably be double that without drinks. We really liked the the Grosvenor it was without doubt an amazing experience staying there and was well worth it.

Some Pics of our room

Some Pics of our room

Wonderful comfy big bed

Dubai, Grosvenor House Hotel Img_0220

Dubai, Grosvenor House Hotel Img_0910

The sitting area

Dubai, Grosvenor House Hotel P1000710

Dubai, Grosvenor House Hotel P1000711

The Bathroom

Dubai, Grosvenor House Hotel Img_0911

Dubai, Grosvenor House Hotel Img_0913

Dubai, Grosvenor House Hotel Img_0914

Dubai, Grosvenor House Hotel Img_0912

Some Nice Toiletries.
Dubai, Grosvenor House Hotel Img_0915

Dubai, Grosvenor House Hotel P1000712

The room had tea and coffee making facilities with an espresso machine as well
Dubai, Grosvenor House Hotel Img_0916

The seperate toilet

Dubai, Grosvenor House Hotel Img_0917

The view from our room

Dubai, Grosvenor House Hotel P1000715

The Grosvenor hotel

Dubai, Grosvenor House Hotel _d3x4210

Dubai, Grosvenor House Hotel P1000713

Dubai, Grosvenor House Hotel Img_0222

Dubai, Grosvenor House Hotel Img_0223

Dubai, Grosvenor House Hotel Img_0224

Dubai, Grosvenor House Hotel P1000714

Guests at the Grosvenor House also have use of the beach and facilities at the neighbouring Le Royal Meridiene Hotel

Dubai, Grosvenor House Hotel P1000716

The gardens are very spacious and there were lots of sunbeds available many of them in nice quiet spots.
Dubai, Grosvenor House Hotel P1000810

Dubai, Grosvenor House Hotel P1000816

The Beach

Dubai, Grosvenor House Hotel P1000812

Dubai, Grosvenor House Hotel P1000814

Dubai, Grosvenor House Hotel P1000815

Last edited by Hayzer on Sun Mar 17, 2013 2:30 pm; edited 4 times in total
Back to top Go down
delboy
Mad Destination Expert
delboy

PostSubject: Re: Dubai, Grosvenor House Hotel   Dubai, Grosvenor House Hotel Icon_minitimeSun Mar 17, 2013 1:49 pm

Yes looks very nice H, Mrs Db is impressed, rep from me cheers
Back to top Go down
DadsBarmy

DadsBarmy

PostSubject: Re: Dubai, Grosvenor House Hotel   Dubai, Grosvenor House Hotel Icon_minitimeSun Mar 17, 2013 2:19 pm

And a rep from me
Back to top Go down
Daryn
Admin
Daryn

PostSubject: Re: Dubai, Grosvenor House Hotel   Dubai, Grosvenor House Hotel Icon_minitimeSun Mar 17, 2013 3:16 pm

Rep from me how the other half live, I was interested in the beach shot, you can see all them high rise buildings along the beach but they looked real nice and classy unlike the ones in Benidorm lol.

Nice write up and thanks for sharing

theboss
Girl Power Member
theboss

PostSubject: Re: Dubai, Grosvenor House Hotel   Dubai, Grosvenor House Hotel Icon_minitimeSun Mar 17, 2013 4:28 pm

Lovely job, H! I was only teasing you earlier, as I was bored and there was no-one to play with.
Money talks, eh?
I loved the last pic BTW.
Would you go back again, or is it a case of been there, done that?
Rep on the way . . Thank you!

PS . . liked the 'products' (I can be quite superficial at times) lol!
Back to top Go down
beeech
Lil 'ol wine drinker
beeech

PostSubject: Re: Dubai, Grosvenor House Hotel   Dubai, Grosvenor House Hotel Icon_minitimeSun Mar 17, 2013 4:32 pm

rep from me too - hotel looks fab Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Mick
ALL ROUND GOOD GUY
Mick

PostSubject: Re: Dubai, Grosvenor House Hotel   Dubai, Grosvenor House Hotel Icon_minitimeSun Mar 17, 2013 5:38 pm

Great review with fabulous photo's H, rep from me. clap clap BTW, it was nice to see Mrs. H in a few photo's as well, even though it was in the mirror. wink

Girl Power Member

PostSubject: Re: Dubai, Grosvenor House Hotel   Dubai, Grosvenor House Hotel Icon_minitimeSun Mar 17, 2013 6:37 pm

Enjoyed your review Hayzer - great pics.

Rep from me, too. clap

Back to top Go down
Hayzer
Hayzer

PostSubject: Re: Dubai, Grosvenor House Hotel   Dubai, Grosvenor House Hotel Icon_minitimeSun Mar 17, 2013 6:51 pm

theboss wrote:
Lovely job, H! I was only teasing you earlier, as I was bored and there was no-one to play with.
Money talks, eh?
I loved the last pic BTW.
Would you go back again, or is it a case of been there, done that?
Rep on the way . . Thank you!

Hi TB, I thought once we had been that would be it, been there done that sort of thing but I would go back. We didn't really get round to doing many of the touristy things, like desert safari, water parks/theme parks etc. We didn't realise just how far we were from some of those attraction you would have to set aside a day for each one and to be honest we just couldn't be bothered.

Would probably choose a hotel closer to the centre of Dubai next time. Maybe somewhere a little cheaper as well.

Hayzer

PostSubject: Re: Dubai, Grosvenor House Hotel   Dubai, Grosvenor House Hotel Icon_minitimeSun Mar 17, 2013 6:54 pm

theboss wrote:

Errrrr I think we have a years supply in our bathroom Embarassed

Majorca Mad
Mark

PostSubject: Re: Dubai, Grosvenor House Hotel   Dubai, Grosvenor House Hotel Icon_minitimeMon Mar 18, 2013 12:53 am

Rep from me H. Yes I would have thought there's a lot more to see and do, is the new theme park coming along? What about the Ski centre? Also would have thought you'd have poked your nose in the burg el arab whatsit really tall building for a few pics. But cheers for the share Thumsup
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dubai, Grosvenor House Hotel   Dubai, Grosvenor House Hotel Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Dubai, Grosvenor House Hotel

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Welcome to the Majorca and Worldwide Travel Forum :: WORLDWIDE TRAVEL REVIEW SECTION NEW FOR 2011. EST 18/05/11 :: ENTER HERE :: MIDDLE EAST :: HOTEL/ACCOM REVIEW SECTION-
Jump to:  
Free forum | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Contact | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com