Welcome to the Majorca and Worldwide Travel Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Majorca Travel Forum / Majorca Help and Information Forum

HomeHome  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

Mexico, Riviera Maya, Baihia Principe

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
ukblade

ukblade

Mexico, Riviera Maya, Baihia Principe _
PostSubject: Mexico, Riviera Maya, Baihia Principe   Mexico, Riviera Maya, Baihia Principe Icon_minitimeTue Sep 28, 2010 6:40 pm

Here is a review i put on TA in December 2008.

I felt compelled to write this review as I have used the information from others my self so I feel that it is only fair to post my review.
I will give a brief and honest review, as there are many reports on here with the detail.

We are a family of three 36,35 and 16 year old lad and went 24th November to the 8th December 2008. We have visited the Bahia chain at other destinations so got VIP status.

This resort may not be 5 starts but you make your holiday what you want it to be.

This was a great resort and hotel with lots of things to do.
We e-mailed in advance and got exactly what we asked for which is always a bonus.

As people have said the resort is big but we never found this a problem and mainly stayed in Coba section anyway.

Food in the buffet was good with enough choice for everybody. A la cart’s were also very good however we only went four times due to the buffet being as good as it was. I would recommend the Japanese. There was a BBQ around the pool, which was great.

The weather was good during the day and the night was pleasant I did not wear a coat or sweater whilst I was there.

No problem with sun beds at the pool or beach as some reports suggest. Snorkelling at the Coba beach (short tram ride) was great saw plenty of fish and a small ray.

Staff are fantastic not one person turned their head away from saying good morning, Angel in the lobby bar was very good with our 16 year old. They are not just after tips but mutual respect from guests.

We decide to book the ATV full day tour, which I found disappointing as we were only on the ATV’s for around 2 hours, I would book the half-day if you want to do this sort of thing.

Clientele was a mixture however when we were there it was mainly American and Canadian’s which is not a bad thing as we found the majority very friendly and talkative but with any nationality there were the odd people who want to go over the top (this includes my own nationality). We did not let this spoil any thing we did or wanted to do.

The only problem we had was that we had to ask on a couple of occasions for the mini bar to be restocked.

If asked would we visit again my honest answer would be no this sounds contradicting to what I have wrote but in fairness as we did not make full use of the resort.
Back to top Go down
delboy
Mad Destination Expert
delboy

PostSubject: Re: Mexico, Riviera Maya, Baihia Principe   Mexico, Riviera Maya, Baihia Principe Icon_minitimeTue Sep 28, 2010 8:21 pm

Thanks for doing the review Ukblade are there 3 of these Bahia hotels joined together or are they in different places. Do you have any pictures you could edit in. After we went to Playa Car some years ago, I understand they had a hurricane which washed away some of the beaches, have they come back OK now.
Back to top Go down
Mick
ALL ROUND GOOD GUY
Mick

PostSubject: Re: Mexico, Riviera Maya, Baihia Principe   Mexico, Riviera Maya, Baihia Principe Icon_minitimeTue Sep 28, 2010 10:54 pm

A good & honest review Ukblade. cheers As Delboy says, if you have any photo's to accompany your review, that would be great if you could post them as well please.

Majorca Mad
Mark

PostSubject: Re: Mexico, Riviera Maya, Baihia Principe   Mexico, Riviera Maya, Baihia Principe Icon_minitimeWed Sep 29, 2010 1:16 am

The Mexican resort I stayed at, just down the road from yours, also had an excellent buffet, in fact the Asian night was better IMO than the Asian a la carte.

I left a dollar a day in the mini bar and it was overflowing every day... the re-filling guy is different to the maid and the tips aren't shared.
Back to top Go down
Daryn
Admin
Daryn

PostSubject: Re: Mexico, Riviera Maya, Baihia Principe   Mexico, Riviera Maya, Baihia Principe Icon_minitimeWed Sep 29, 2010 1:21 am

Many thanks for the review fantastic and Im sure lots of folk will benefit from the write up cheers

TheHighlander

TheHighlander

PostSubject: Re: Mexico, Riviera Maya, Baihia Principe   Mexico, Riviera Maya, Baihia Principe Icon_minitimeWed Sep 29, 2010 7:48 am

Great review, Smile really is brilliant to be able to get these "by customers for customers" reviews on here!
Back to top Go down
http://www.rob-reviews.co.uk
ukblade

ukblade

PostSubject: Re: Mexico, Riviera Maya, Baihia Principe   Mexico, Riviera Maya, Baihia Principe Icon_minitimeWed Sep 29, 2010 12:35 pm

There are 3 hotels in 1 complex and you can use the facilities at them all, this resort is massive and would take ages to walk round.

The VIP status got us unlimited al a carte meals, free safety deposit box and a paper delivered to our room every day, we also got some small cakes every day brought to our room about 4pm.

I have some pictures but time is not on my side at the moment but I will add them honest.

All in all my son and I had a fantastic time and love long haul but the wife couldn’t stand another long plane journey.

Mark2spark you are right with the tips which we also did every day but to be honest I think that if you did not tip you would not get any less service and acknowledgement from the staff, but a few $ is not a lot to leave for them.

Pictures will follow soon
Back to top Go down
Daryn
Admin
Daryn

PostSubject: Re: Mexico, Riviera Maya, Baihia Principe   Mexico, Riviera Maya, Baihia Principe Icon_minitimeWed Sep 29, 2010 12:59 pm

ohhhhhhhhh look forward to the pics

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mexico, Riviera Maya, Baihia Principe   Mexico, Riviera Maya, Baihia Principe Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Mexico, Riviera Maya, Baihia Principe

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Welcome to the Majorca and Worldwide Travel Forum :: WORLDWIDE TRAVEL REVIEW SECTION NEW FOR 2011. EST 18/05/11 :: ENTER HERE :: MEXICO :: RESORT REVIEW SECTION-
Jump to:  
Create a forum on Forumotion | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Contact | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com