Welcome to the Majorca and Worldwide Travel Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Majorca Travel Forum / Majorca Help and Information Forum

HomeHome  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

Santa Ponsa Oktoberfest 2012

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Mark
Majorca Mad
Mark

Santa Ponsa Oktoberfest 2012 _
PostSubject: Santa Ponsa Oktoberfest 2012   Santa Ponsa Oktoberfest 2012 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 15, 2012 9:01 pm

There has been a Oktoberfest beer festival held in Peguara for a few years now, but this year it was decided to move it to Santa Ponsa. I don't know if this is a permanent move.
We decided to take a trip over there one afternoon in the early part of the holiday, as it had been raining in the morning, and we figured that drinking beer in a beer tent wasn't too bad an option Wink Thumsup
We took the bus from Palmanova to Santa Ponsa which was the 104 bus, and the cost was €1.55 each.
Being mid afternoon, it wasn't too busy, but you could get the flavour of the place from the sweet stalls that were set up outside, and from the various cars on display.

Santa Ponsa Oktoberfest 2012 P1010533

Santa Ponsa Oktoberfest 2012 P1010534

The inside of the hall was set up with two stages, the big one was for the evening show, but there was a band on, on the other stge, during the afternoon.

Santa Ponsa Oktoberfest 2012 P1010535

As well as the traditional 'Stein's' of Lager, served by the litre, there was a fair size selection of hot and cold food, obviously the menu reflected the German nature of the Festival. The prices were a little on the expensive side, but this was to be expected really, it's no different to any commercial event in the world.

Santa Ponsa Oktoberfest 2012 P1010536

A 'waiter' dressed in traditional Lederhosen took our order, and soon we all had very large Steins of lager to consume! cheers

Santa Ponsa Oktoberfest 2012 P1010537

Jan managed to get a laugh when she first went to pick up her beer, as it was so heavy she couldn't lift it!
(But she soon mastered it roll eyes )

Santa Ponsa Oktoberfest 2012 P1010541

Shortly after we had settled down, Nannyjen arrived for our first ever meeting, she was anxious to create the right first impression!

Santa Ponsa Oktoberfest 2012 P1010538

There was also pony rides out the back, and a small fun fair at the front. There was a whisper that Yozef might make an appearance, so horses of a suitable size were on standby Very Happy

Santa Ponsa Oktoberfest 2012 P1010539

An enjoyable afternoon out.

Santa Ponsa Oktoberfest 2012 P1010540

Back to top Go down
Mick
ALL ROUND GOOD GUY
Mick

PostSubject: Re: Santa Ponsa Oktoberfest 2012   Santa Ponsa Oktoberfest 2012 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 15, 2012 9:47 pm

Great little review/blog Mark. Thumsup Would be good to go at night methinks, but looks like you all had a good day out there. Also a bonus meeting Jen as well. Rep from me mate. clap clap

MF joke teller
yozef

PostSubject: Re: Santa Ponsa Oktoberfest 2012   Santa Ponsa Oktoberfest 2012 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 15, 2012 9:50 pm

how the hell was i supposed to get on them ponies without a step-up??

could have waited till one was lying down having a kip then jump on quick clever

imagine mick on one of them

reminds me of the film...two mules for sister sarah rolling laughing rolling laughing
Back to top Go down
Mick
ALL ROUND GOOD GUY
Mick

PostSubject: Re: Santa Ponsa Oktoberfest 2012   Santa Ponsa Oktoberfest 2012 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 15, 2012 9:53 pm

Now now Yozef, don't be sizest. nono

rolling laughing rolling laughing rolling laughing rolling laughing

Mad Destination Expert
delboy

PostSubject: Re: Santa Ponsa Oktoberfest 2012   Santa Ponsa Oktoberfest 2012 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 15, 2012 10:21 pm

that looks impressive, would have liked that.rep for the review Mark
Back to top Go down
theboss
Girl Power Member
theboss

PostSubject: Re: Santa Ponsa Oktoberfest 2012   Santa Ponsa Oktoberfest 2012 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 16, 2012 12:01 am

Yes . . rep Mark . . now that's what I call a beer!
Back to top Go down
NannyJen
Girl Power Member

PostSubject: Re: Santa Ponsa Oktoberfest 2012   Santa Ponsa Oktoberfest 2012 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 16, 2012 9:55 am

Rep from me, too, Mark .................... a bit begrudgingly though after a second posting of THAT pic!!!

biggrin biggrin biggrin

Back to top Go down
Daryn
Admin
Daryn

PostSubject: Re: Santa Ponsa Oktoberfest 2012   Santa Ponsa Oktoberfest 2012 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 16, 2012 10:59 am

Have a rep looks like my type of day out

chelsearo

PostSubject: Re: Santa Ponsa Oktoberfest 2012   Santa Ponsa Oktoberfest 2012 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 16, 2012 12:13 pm

Nice one Mark, you would be weel on your way after a couple of those bad boys!

I did hear it was being held in SP, good venue, but not as many Germans as Pageura!

Back to top Go down
Mark
Majorca Mad
Mark

PostSubject: Re: Santa Ponsa Oktoberfest 2012   Santa Ponsa Oktoberfest 2012 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 16, 2012 8:23 pm

Agreed Ro.

I see you still spell it as Paguera... it seems to be spelt Peguera these days, - any idea why?

It was Paguera when I had a week there in approx 83, - my first visit to Majorca. We had a night out in Magaluf from there, Benny Hills was the first pub we went to. Didn't even know about the strip in those days lol
Back to top Go down
chelsearo

PostSubject: Re: Santa Ponsa Oktoberfest 2012   Santa Ponsa Oktoberfest 2012 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 17, 2012 8:38 am

Mark, I haven't seen the different spelling, I will make a point of it next time! You do see some names spelt differently over there!

1983 eh, you sure you haven't got any snaps?!
Back to top Go down
Mark
Majorca Mad
Mark

PostSubject: Re: Santa Ponsa Oktoberfest 2012   Santa Ponsa Oktoberfest 2012 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 17, 2012 11:58 am

Have probably got some snaps in a chest in the loft somewhere lol!
Back to top Go down
chelsearo

PostSubject: Re: Santa Ponsa Oktoberfest 2012   Santa Ponsa Oktoberfest 2012 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 17, 2012 12:05 pm

My mum and dad have a couple of snaps from Arenal in 82, I know I keep saying but will have to dig em out!
Back to top Go down
Mick
ALL ROUND GOOD GUY
Mick

PostSubject: Re: Santa Ponsa Oktoberfest 2012   Santa Ponsa Oktoberfest 2012 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 17, 2012 4:58 pm

Mark wrote:

I see you still spell it as Paguera... it seems to be spelt Peguera these days, - any idea why?

A bit like Magaluf Mark, is it Magaluf or Magalluf, one "l" or two? scratch scratch

Majorca Mad
Mark

PostSubject: Re: Santa Ponsa Oktoberfest 2012   Santa Ponsa Oktoberfest 2012 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 18, 2012 2:13 am

It might be something to do with all the street signs now being in Catalan, rather than Spanish.

Like, have you noticed Playa is Platja?
Back to top Go down
chelsearo

PostSubject: Re: Santa Ponsa Oktoberfest 2012   Santa Ponsa Oktoberfest 2012 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 18, 2012 8:36 am

Nw that would have been my comparison playa/platja but didnt think anyone one notice, the signs not my comment I mean!!!
Back to top Go down
ianb

PostSubject: Re: Santa Ponsa Oktoberfest 2012   Santa Ponsa Oktoberfest 2012 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 29, 2012 10:30 pm

Great pics again rep sent.
when i was there in may there was a very similar funfair and stages set up in the pine woods with beer tents. It was a festival of some sort. The local bar owners dont like it as their trade suffers but its only a few days at a time and its gone.
Back to top Go down
ianb

PostSubject: Re: Santa Ponsa Oktoberfest 2012   Santa Ponsa Oktoberfest 2012 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 29, 2012 10:31 pm

Great pics again rep sent.
when i was there in may there was a very similar funfair and stages set up in the pine woods with beer tents. It was a festival of some sort. The local bar owners dont like it as their trade suffers but its only a few days at a time and its gone.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Santa Ponsa Oktoberfest 2012   Santa Ponsa Oktoberfest 2012 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Santa Ponsa Oktoberfest 2012

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Welcome to the Majorca and Worldwide Travel Forum :: MAJORCA SECTION :: MAJORCA ACCOMMODATION / MAJORCA RESORT REVIEW SECTIONS :: SANTA PONSA :: SANTA PONSA RESORT-
Jump to:  
Free forum | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Contact | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com