Welcome to the Majorca and Worldwide Travel Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Majorca Travel Forum / Majorca Help and Information Forum

HomeHome  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

Spain, Gibraltar

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Daryn
Admin
Daryn

Spain, Gibraltar  _
PostSubject: Spain, Gibraltar    Spain, Gibraltar  Icon_minitimeTue Oct 09, 2012 10:57 am

This was a place I really liked the look of and only wished I had more time to look around, we never got much quality time off the ship for this place which was a big shame, Ill just have to go back for a couple of nights one day.

Spain, Gibraltar  P1120027

Spain, Gibraltar  P1120028

Spain, Gibraltar  P1120029

Spain, Gibraltar  P1120030

Spain, Gibraltar  P1120031

Spain, Gibraltar  P1120032

Spain, Gibraltar  P1120033

Take a look at the shops, its little UK in the sun, to the right is British Home Stores

Spain, Gibraltar  P1120034

Spain, Gibraltar  P1120035

Spain, Gibraltar  P1120036

Spain, Gibraltar  P1120037

Spain, Gibraltar  P1120038

Spain, Gibraltar  P1120039

Spain, Gibraltar  P1120040

Spain, Gibraltar  P1120042

OOOOOPS we are at it again beer drinker

Spain, Gibraltar  P1120043

Spain, Gibraltar  P1120044

Spain, Gibraltar  P1120045

Spain, Gibraltar  P1120046

Look at this guy he appears to be floating in air, a really good trick.

Spain, Gibraltar  P1120047

Back on board gutted was enjoying myself. We were wondering where this plane was going it looked a bit low.

Spain, Gibraltar  P1120052

On closer inspection you can see the run way just above these buildings to the right, its actually in the sea.

Spain, Gibraltar  P1120053

Spain, Gibraltar  P1120054

Spain, Gibraltar  P1120055

Spain, Gibraltar  P1120056

Spain, Gibraltar  P1120057

Spain, Gibraltar  P1120058

Spain, Gibraltar  P1120059

Spain, Gibraltar  P1120061

Spain, Gibraltar  P1120062

The views all round the harbour are amazing

Spain, Gibraltar  P1120064

Spain, Gibraltar  P1120065

Gibraltar is a great place to visit although it doesn't look huge I think it would be a great place for a couple of days, now don't forget its uk sterling and not euros, this is the mistake we made lol, we forgot it was British owned.

NannyJen
Girl Power Member

Spain, Gibraltar  _
PostSubject: Re: Spain, Gibraltar    Spain, Gibraltar  Icon_minitimeTue Oct 09, 2012 1:18 pm

Yet more great pics, Daryn - and another rep. clap

Back to top Go down
delboy
Mad Destination Expert
delboy

Spain, Gibraltar  _
PostSubject: Re: Spain, Gibraltar    Spain, Gibraltar  Icon_minitimeTue Oct 09, 2012 4:19 pm

you didnt go inside the Rock??
Back to top Go down
Daryn
Admin
Daryn

Spain, Gibraltar  _
PostSubject: Re: Spain, Gibraltar    Spain, Gibraltar  Icon_minitimeTue Oct 09, 2012 4:30 pm

Not enough time Del I was gutted, they dropped us of at a stupid time in the morning when nothing was open.

delboy
Mad Destination Expert
delboy

Spain, Gibraltar  _
PostSubject: Re: Spain, Gibraltar    Spain, Gibraltar  Icon_minitimeTue Oct 09, 2012 4:37 pm

thats a shame i thought it was the best part, apparently 3 guys were sealed in a secret compartment to give shipping reports to the allies,should the Germans invade, rep for the pics
Back to top Go down
Daryn
Admin
Daryn

Spain, Gibraltar  _
PostSubject: Re: Spain, Gibraltar    Spain, Gibraltar  Icon_minitimeTue Oct 09, 2012 4:42 pm

Yeah we wanted to go up the rock as well but it would have cut it too fine TBH, I can just see us now waving at the ship from the dock rolling laughing

delboy
Mad Destination Expert
delboy

Spain, Gibraltar  _
PostSubject: Re: Spain, Gibraltar    Spain, Gibraltar  Icon_minitimeTue Oct 09, 2012 4:47 pm

yes a frightening experience with the cases still on board Spain, Gibraltar  220414
Back to top Go down
theboss
Girl Power Member
theboss

Spain, Gibraltar  _
PostSubject: Re: Spain, Gibraltar    Spain, Gibraltar  Icon_minitimeTue Oct 09, 2012 6:43 pm

Another rep Daryn - would you go on another cruise . . ?
Back to top Go down
Daryn
Admin
Daryn

Spain, Gibraltar  _
PostSubject: Re: Spain, Gibraltar    Spain, Gibraltar  Icon_minitimeTue Oct 09, 2012 7:02 pm

Not sure if its really for me TBH, I enjoyed the restaurant and getting dressed up and some of the shows, also liked visiting new places but not enough time to explore these places TBH.

I think if the ship had a cinema and put films on through the day when at sea and also if the shows had lasted longer it would have been much better.

I was bored stiff when we were at sea, you can only walk around a deck so many times and look at the sea lol. I like a base, so I can get up have something to eat then think about where I want to go, I dont like keeping to times on holiday. Im not one for lazing around a pool sunbathing I get bored with that as well lol, an hour is enough for me then Im off, see you later pet hahahaha.

So when we were at sea I went in my room and watched whatever was on tv. Also didnt like paying nearly £5 a pint thats such a rip off.

theboss
Girl Power Member
theboss

Spain, Gibraltar  _
PostSubject: Re: Spain, Gibraltar    Spain, Gibraltar  Icon_minitimeTue Oct 09, 2012 7:11 pm

I don't really think it would be for me either . . don't like the idea of not being able to escape from the other passengers . .

Plus all those queues to get off . . . and to get back on . .

When the big cruise ships come into Cobh, the buses arrive and 'herd' the passengers off to all the really touristy, rip off diddely didely destinations . . where they are turned upside down and shaken until they have emptied their pockets . . then they are 'herded' back on to the ship and it's off to the next port.

Now . . a Greek island cruise . . I might consider . . with my seabands of course . . Cool
Back to top Go down
delboy
Mad Destination Expert
delboy

Spain, Gibraltar  _
PostSubject: Re: Spain, Gibraltar    Spain, Gibraltar  Icon_minitimeTue Oct 09, 2012 7:16 pm

Oh, we did most of the cruising at night whilst asleep and we would arrive about 6 in the morning but I agree one gets very little time to see these places and if you are not on their expensive tours, you always have that worry of not straying too far, for fear of missing the boat
Back to top Go down
Mick
ALL ROUND GOOD GUY
Mick

Spain, Gibraltar  _
PostSubject: Re: Spain, Gibraltar    Spain, Gibraltar  Icon_minitimeTue Oct 09, 2012 10:38 pm

Visited Gibraltar about 3 or 4 times when I lived on the CdS, it was about an hour & a half or so away. Went up the Rock to where the apes are, by cable car, should have come down by it, roll eyes but I said to Brett & Kelly, "lets walk down". It took ages as I got us lost quite a few times on the way down. Embarassed Embarassed Had to walk across the runway to get to Gibraltar town/city, after a plane had landed, as obviously they have the right of way. clever Rep again for some fabulous photo's & memories mate. clap clap

Spain, Gibraltar  _
PostSubject: Re: Spain, Gibraltar    Spain, Gibraltar  Icon_minitimeFri Jan 04, 2013 4:40 pm

I worked in Gib for 5 years and lived in Spain, St Michael's cave is well worth a visit especially when there's a concert

You can see Gib in 2 days but the nearby Spanish mountain towns and villages are stunning plus Morrocco is only 10 miles away
Back to top Go down
Daryn
Admin
Daryn

Spain, Gibraltar  _
PostSubject: Re: Spain, Gibraltar    Spain, Gibraltar  Icon_minitimeFri Jan 04, 2013 4:46 pm

Awesome what did you do in Gibraltar Dan, I really liked my visit there although it was only a few hours

Sponsored content

Spain, Gibraltar  _
PostSubject: Re: Spain, Gibraltar    Spain, Gibraltar  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Spain, Gibraltar

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Welcome to the Majorca and Worldwide Travel Forum :: WORLDWIDE TRAVEL REVIEW SECTION NEW FOR 2011. EST 18/05/11 :: ENTER HERE :: SPAIN, includes Balearics (not Majorca see seperate section). :: SPAIN RESORT REVIEWS-
Jump to:  
Create a forum on Forumotion | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Contact | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com