Welcome to the Majorca and Worldwide Travel Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Majorca Travel Forum / Majorca Help and Information Forum

HomeHome  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

we would like some info on majorca

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
smifco

smifco

we would like some info on majorca _
PostSubject: we would like some info on majorca   we would like some info on majorca Icon_minitimeSat Sep 29, 2012 12:27 pm

Hi everyone my name is Neil and my wifes name is Trina we are a mid fifties couple and not very fit.Our ideal holiday would be a reasonably priced all inclusive near a beach somewhere on majorca. We are not too fussy about the food etc as we have holidayed in various places abroad all inclusive and generally found most places are very similar but we dont like large queues ( who does) so as long as there are a few tavernas nearby we dont mind if its quiet. We dont sunbathe round the pool so reserving sunbeds with towels is not a problem but we hate mosquitos full stop.
We are toying with the idea of booking a cheap flight and finding accomodation when we get there, Has anybody tried this? would you reccomend it?Any suggestions? Also we are thinking of going late April/May is this a good time to avoid the rush? Whats the weather like then?
Sorry to be asking so many questions but if you dont ask you dont get!
Any information you think might help would be gratefully accepted
Thanks in advance
Neil
Back to top Go down
delboy
Mad Destination Expert
delboy

PostSubject: Re: we would like some info on majorca   we would like some info on majorca Icon_minitimeSat Sep 29, 2012 12:51 pm

Hi Neil

First of all welcome to the forum, we are a friendly bunch and a number of the forum are out in Majorca at the moment for a meet up this weekend. Yes lots of them do self booking and will advise you. Have you any ideas where you would like to stay. I have personally only been to Puerto Pollensa and Palma Nova recently but tend to avoid the AI's as you don't get value for money unless you stay around the pool, something we do not like doing.
Back to top Go down
smifco

smifco

PostSubject: help finding a hotel in majorca   we would like some info on majorca Icon_minitimeSat Sep 29, 2012 1:14 pm

Hi Delboy, to be honest we haven't a clue where to go on majorca, and as for A1 we have allways found it to be ok even though we dont use the pool as we tend to stay fairly close to the hotel during the day getting our fill of food and drink and then go out at night. I haven't really done a comparison between self catering and AI but I suspect due to the amount of Alcohol we consume its probably better AI for us wether we eat there or not lol, but I wouldn't dismiss self catering if it proved worthwhile. Thanks for your reply and if you have any suggestions we'd love to hear them
Smifco
Back to top Go down
delboy
Mad Destination Expert
delboy

PostSubject: Re: we would like some info on majorca   we would like some info on majorca Icon_minitimeSat Sep 29, 2012 1:33 pm

We we went to the Marina Torrenova

Marina Torrenova Hotel, 2010

as has Yosef on here

Marina Torrenova Hotel, 2012

it has gone AI, I would say it was an average hotel in Palma Nova, there may be better. It is up a hill so if you are unfit you may feel it for the first day or two. Im in my late 60's but managed it. Its not on the beach though and not too far from Magaluf but in May you should be ok
Back to top Go down
smifco

smifco

PostSubject: Re: we would like some info on majorca   we would like some info on majorca Icon_minitimeSat Sep 29, 2012 2:40 pm

thanks Delboy I'll check it out thanks
Back to top Go down
Daryn
Admin
Daryn

PostSubject: Re: we would like some info on majorca   we would like some info on majorca Icon_minitimeSat Sep 29, 2012 2:42 pm

Hi and welcome Ive answered this question in the help section here to give you an idea of prices I have found for you click on this link https://majorcaforum.forumotion.com/t8661-help-needed-to-find-a-hotel-in-majorca-please

Hope this helps Laughing

Mick
ALL ROUND GOOD GUY
Mick

PostSubject: Re: we would like some info on majorca   we would like some info on majorca Icon_minitimeSat Sep 29, 2012 3:16 pm

Hi & welcome to the Forum Neil. cheers I do think that Palma Nova would tick a lot of your boxes. Close enough to the Airport, short transfer time, pretty well flat, good Bars & Restaurants as well, with fabulous beaches. Close as well for a day out in Palma City, well worth a visit. But wherever you decide Neil, I hope you have a great time, keep us informed where you choose mate. Thumsup

ALL ROUND DESTINATION EXPERT
Hayzer

PostSubject: Re: we would like some info on majorca   we would like some info on majorca Icon_minitimeTue Oct 02, 2012 9:18 am

Hi smifco and welcome to the forum from me, looks like the guys are getting you sorted out already.

PostSubject: Re: we would like some info on majorca   we would like some info on majorca Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

we would like some info on majorca

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Welcome to the Majorca and Worldwide Travel Forum :: MAJORCA FORUM :: INTRODUCE YOURSELF-
Jump to:  
Create free forum | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Contact | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com