Welcome to the Majorca and Worldwide Travel Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Majorca Travel Forum / Majorca Help and Information Forum

HomeHome  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

Sol Guadalupe Hotel

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
ukblade

ukblade

Sol Guadalupe Hotel _
PostSubject: Sol Guadalupe Hotel   Sol Guadalupe Hotel Icon_minitimeMon Sep 13, 2010 6:26 pm

Let me start with the positives first and then the only niggles we had.

I e-mailed the hotel direct a week before we left and asked if we could have a pool view and 1 day later I got a reply saying that they will do their best.

They didn’t disappoint as we were given room 526 overlooking the pool and a bit of a sea view, fantastic. The hotel is without doubt one of the best in Magalluf it looks great from the outside and that continues on the inside, the reception does not deserve a 3* rating at all.

From first walking in till the day we left all the staff were very nice and never just walked past you without a smile or saying hello. The staff were always cleaning be it around the pool, communal areas or even your room.

The pool as previously said is a fantastic free form type, very clean fresh and enjoyed by all, the roof terrace is a sun hotspot and is nice at times to get out of the way. Sun beds were never an issue and were plentiful, the only towels out early were the Spanish and they had no regard for anybody else at all taking up to 10 beds, 2 tables and brollies, making everyone around them feel uncomfortable. Don’t get me wrong you can get this with any nationality.

We never had any problems with noisy neighbours even though the walls have been reported as being a little thin. The bathrooms are petite and you can sit on the toilet and was your hands at the same time but who needs loads of space.

A room safe is a must in any hotel and I was surprised how cheap this was 35 euro with 5 euro’s back for 2 weeks stay.

That all said I think there is room for a little improvement mainly with the food, breakfast was what you expect cooked breakfast, cereal and fruit bar. Evening meal was shall I say somewhat strange on some nights for instance egg fried rice with steak and kidney pie, yes you could have chips with it but there are only so many chips you can eat. The other problem I had with the food was that most of the time it was cold, we may have expected to much as we have been longhaul for a few years.

We did not stay in and watch the entertainment so I cannot comment on that at all.

There is a good English chippy across the road that does good chips and curry but be warned you will pay for it.

There are many bars and clubs and if you want to ask any thing please feel free to drop me a pm and if I can answer you I will.

I am not a person to take a pictures but i have a couple on my phone that i will upload when i get the time
Oh by the way we are booking the same hotel for another holiday next year.
Back to top Go down
Mark
Majorca Mad
Mark

Sol Guadalupe Hotel _
PostSubject: Re: Sol Guadalupe Hotel   Sol Guadalupe Hotel Icon_minitimeMon Sep 13, 2010 9:45 pm

All reviews, as long as they are honest, are welcome.

The fact that you are booking again for next year speaks volumes.

Thanks for sharing Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Mick
ALL ROUND GOOD GUY
Mick

Sol Guadalupe Hotel _
PostSubject: Re: Sol Guadalupe Hotel   Sol Guadalupe Hotel Icon_minitimeMon Sep 13, 2010 10:14 pm

Agree with Mark, on your honest review Ukblade, shows you had a good time by booking a return. cheers No what you mean by that chippy, went there after last years meet up, & even though I had had a few, thought it was a bit pricey to say the least. affraid

Admin
Daryn

Sol Guadalupe Hotel _
PostSubject: Re: Sol Guadalupe Hotel   Sol Guadalupe Hotel Icon_minitimeTue Sep 14, 2010 12:15 am

Brilliant review and thanks as I love to see different peoples outlook to different hotels, as most know Ive stayed at this hotel a lot of time and find it to be the best in Maga ,the only downside for me is the room sizes ,the food I found was of brilliant as was the service .
We never once went for a meal and said there was nothing for us to eat was all spot on different things for different people as for the entertainment well it was average as far as Im concerned

ukblade

ukblade

Sol Guadalupe Hotel _
PostSubject: Re: Sol Guadalupe Hotel   Sol Guadalupe Hotel Icon_minitimeTue Sep 14, 2010 5:55 am

I can see why people love Maga and can see us going a few more times. We want to explore more next time and do some trips etc.
We went out for 2 meals and i will write a report on those as soon as i can as i think they deserve a mention.

Just as a side thing and i know it has been mentioned before a couple of reps that were using our pool said that it is going AI soon, something our rep knew nothing about, TBH i think this would spoil the hotel.
Back to top Go down
Daryn
Admin
Daryn

Sol Guadalupe Hotel _
PostSubject: Re: Sol Guadalupe Hotel   Sol Guadalupe Hotel Icon_minitimeTue Sep 14, 2010 11:17 am

Well when I was there this chat was buzzing around the bars just outside the hotel and I think it would be a big mistake as this would kill them all off.
I asked the management of the hotel and several members of staff and the reply I got from the management was I hope not the other staff did not seem to know anything about it.
When we were there in August it was so nice and relaxing around the hotel, beds for everyone getting served at the bar no problems at all ,I would hate to think of it AI as the frenzy at night people trying to get drinks etc ,the staff run of there feet, and unhappy staff dont do there work as well.

DadsBarmy

DadsBarmy

Sol Guadalupe Hotel _
PostSubject: Re: Sol Guadalupe Hotel   Sol Guadalupe Hotel Icon_minitimeWed Sep 15, 2010 12:16 pm

I hope this hotel lives up to all expectations as ManchestrGolfer says he has booked me into the penthouse suite
for the weekend of the meet, and donkey groomer can get very annoyed if things aren't right
We may be pacifists but she has one hell of a tongue on her when she gets going
Back to top Go down
Mick
ALL ROUND GOOD GUY
Mick

Sol Guadalupe Hotel _
PostSubject: Re: Sol Guadalupe Hotel   Sol Guadalupe Hotel Icon_minitimeWed Sep 15, 2010 12:27 pm

I must admit the Hotel itself is fantastic, but I went in there to look at my friends bedroom affraid , & Donkey will be ok, as the bedroom is the size of a stable. surprised

Admin
Daryn

Sol Guadalupe Hotel _
PostSubject: Re: Sol Guadalupe Hotel   Sol Guadalupe Hotel Icon_minitimeWed Sep 15, 2010 12:32 pm

she has one hell of a tongue on her when she gets going oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooh errrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr photographer

Mick
ALL ROUND GOOD GUY
Mick

Sol Guadalupe Hotel _
PostSubject: Re: Sol Guadalupe Hotel   Sol Guadalupe Hotel Icon_minitimeWed Sep 15, 2010 12:35 pm

We had better not get her going then. affraid

Majorca Mad
Mark

Sol Guadalupe Hotel _
PostSubject: Re: Sol Guadalupe Hotel   Sol Guadalupe Hotel Icon_minitimeWed Sep 15, 2010 5:58 pm

Think i'll have a wash before I come out... cool girl
Back to top Go down
Mick
ALL ROUND GOOD GUY
Mick

Sol Guadalupe Hotel _
PostSubject: Re: Sol Guadalupe Hotel   Sol Guadalupe Hotel Icon_minitimeWed Sep 15, 2010 9:54 pm

Not coming out of the closet Mark. affraid

Majorca Mad
Mark

Sol Guadalupe Hotel _
PostSubject: Re: Sol Guadalupe Hotel   Sol Guadalupe Hotel Icon_minitimeWed Sep 15, 2010 11:40 pm

Yikes!! Keep me away from the mic when Careless Whisper comes on... smile smile smile
Back to top Go down
tjay

Sol Guadalupe Hotel _
PostSubject: Re: Sol Guadalupe Hotel   Sol Guadalupe Hotel Icon_minitimeThu Sep 16, 2010 9:33 pm

hey donkey if youve booked directly with solmelia recheck the price, i did, i,d booked four rooms and it worked out about 1400 e for 5 nites, theyve recently reduced the room rate so i cancelled and booked again saving 300 e, hehe more guinness vouchers dancing irishman beer drinker
Back to top Go down
vickiec

vickiec

Sol Guadalupe Hotel _
PostSubject: sol guadalupe   Sol Guadalupe Hotel Icon_minitimeSun Jul 24, 2011 5:38 pm

havnt been on here for a while but had to post re sol guadalupe, stopped booking into this hotel after having a bad experience when hotel was over-run with yobs a couple of years ago but returned this year in june, we were recognised immediately by reception staff who asked us if we would like a pool view room [at no extra cost] and have to say that its great that the hotel is back to form, we were so impressed we returned in july for 4 nights, magalluf seems to be picking up again as resort was bouncing, last year in july was really quiet, and as previous reviews stated it was impossible to get sunbeds around the pool but that doesnt bother us at all we prefer to be out and about and if we have to pay for sunbeds on the beach then so be it as we prefer to be nosy and watch whats going on, i find lying around the pool very boring but everyone to their own.
Back to top Go down
Mick
ALL ROUND GOOD GUY
Mick

Sol Guadalupe Hotel _
PostSubject: Re: Sol Guadalupe Hotel   Sol Guadalupe Hotel Icon_minitimeSun Jul 24, 2011 6:08 pm

First of all, it is great to have you back on MF Vickiec. Glad you have had a good time on your return to the Hotel, & also glad to hear that Magalluf was bouncing. I am with you on the beach front, I like a good look around, as long as San isn't watching me. wink

Majorca Mad
Mark

Sol Guadalupe Hotel _
PostSubject: Re: Sol Guadalupe Hotel   Sol Guadalupe Hotel Icon_minitimeSun Jul 24, 2011 7:27 pm

Thanks for the on-going reports Vickie! Have a rep to get you started Very Happy Come back again soon!
Back to top Go down
vickiec

vickiec

Sol Guadalupe Hotel _
PostSubject: sol guadalupe   Sol Guadalupe Hotel Icon_minitimeMon Jul 25, 2011 11:55 am

yes mick typical male reply but there are bronzed male bodies for us girlies to have a look at aswell!
Back to top Go down
Daryn
Admin
Daryn

Sol Guadalupe Hotel _
PostSubject: Re: Sol Guadalupe Hotel   Sol Guadalupe Hotel Icon_minitimeMon Jul 25, 2011 12:24 pm

A rep from me and welcome back vickiec, yes someone else reported the sunbed thing and as you say last year It was really quite ,I couldnt believe how easy it was to lie around the pool anytime of the day so great news its picking up but bad news not to have the pool area to ourselves again lol. I think word must have got round as how cheap it was last year at the resort, drinks etc, can you confirm either way your experiences with bar prices etc, lets hope the bar owners dont price themselves out of the market again as they have the previous couple of years.
Again great to have you back with us big hug

Sponsored content

Sol Guadalupe Hotel _
PostSubject: Re: Sol Guadalupe Hotel   Sol Guadalupe Hotel Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Sol Guadalupe Hotel

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Welcome to the Majorca and Worldwide Travel Forum :: MAJORCA SECTION :: MAJORCA ACCOMMODATION / MAJORCA RESORT REVIEW SECTIONS :: MAGALUF :: MAGALUF ACCOMMODATION-
Jump to:  
Free forum | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Contact | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com