Welcome to the Majorca and Worldwide Travel Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Majorca Travel Forum / Majorca Help and Information Forum

HomeHome  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

Isle of Wight, Enchanted Manor, Niton, Ventnor, Black Gang and St Catherine's Point

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
delboy
Mad Destination Expert
delboy

Isle of Wight, Enchanted Manor, Niton, Ventnor, Black Gang and St Catherine's Point - Page 2 _
PostSubject: Re: Isle of Wight, Enchanted Manor, Niton, Ventnor, Black Gang and St Catherine's Point   Isle of Wight, Enchanted Manor, Niton, Ventnor, Black Gang and St Catherine's Point - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 17, 2012 8:57 am

So now it was into Ventnor, now Ventnor is built on the side of Boniface Downs and there are only two directions to go, up or down. So with the decision made to return by bus it was the rest of the afternoon to relax.

So we headed to the Spyglass Inn

Isle of Wight, Enchanted Manor, Niton, Ventnor, Black Gang and St Catherine's Point - Page 2 24910

A bar and restaurant which overlooks the bay

Isle of Wight, Enchanted Manor, Niton, Ventnor, Black Gang and St Catherine's Point - Page 2 25110

It was a beautiful sunny afternoon

Isle of Wight, Enchanted Manor, Niton, Ventnor, Black Gang and St Catherine's Point - Page 2 25210

hardly a cloud in the sky

Isle of Wight, Enchanted Manor, Niton, Ventnor, Black Gang and St Catherine's Point - Page 2 25310

and a couple of lagers went down a treat

Isle of Wight, Enchanted Manor, Niton, Ventnor, Black Gang and St Catherine's Point - Page 2 25410

as we watched the world go by

Isle of Wight, Enchanted Manor, Niton, Ventnor, Black Gang and St Catherine's Point - Page 2 25510

but soon it was time to walk up the hill to catch the bus

Isle of Wight, Enchanted Manor, Niton, Ventnor, Black Gang and St Catherine's Point - Page 2 25610

Isle of Wight, Enchanted Manor, Niton, Ventnor, Black Gang and St Catherine's Point - Page 2 25810

so it was goodbye to Ventnor

Isle of Wight, Enchanted Manor, Niton, Ventnor, Black Gang and St Catherine's Point - Page 2 25910

and into town to catch the number 6 bus, Boniface Downs sits above the town

Isle of Wight, Enchanted Manor, Niton, Ventnor, Black Gang and St Catherine's Point - Page 2 26010

This time we didn't have to climb it but the bus fare was £3.50 each, not sure what a taxi would have charged

will finish the last part tonight

Last edited by delboy on Wed Sep 19, 2012 1:36 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Mark
Majorca Mad
Mark

Isle of Wight, Enchanted Manor, Niton, Ventnor, Black Gang and St Catherine's Point - Page 2 _
PostSubject: Re: Isle of Wight, Enchanted Manor, Niton, Ventnor, Black Gang and St Catherine's Point   Isle of Wight, Enchanted Manor, Niton, Ventnor, Black Gang and St Catherine's Point - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 17, 2012 11:17 am

Great read and great pics, rep from me Very Happy
Back to top Go down
delboy
Mad Destination Expert
delboy

PostSubject: Re: Isle of Wight, Enchanted Manor, Niton, Ventnor, Black Gang and St Catherine's Point   Isle of Wight, Enchanted Manor, Niton, Ventnor, Black Gang and St Catherine's Point - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 17, 2012 5:08 pm

So after a well earned bath it was to the Buddle Inn for the last time

Isle of Wight, Enchanted Manor, Niton, Ventnor, Black Gang and St Catherine's Point - Page 2 26210

We both picked the curry of the day but we thought it was not the best choice, I felt I had better from a Patak's jar but never mind just a bad pick and could have had better

So it was back to the Hotel for a badger session, Mrs Db and I decide to have a look and they were there and feeding. We were the only guests watching and Mrs Db decided to pop up to the room whilst I larked about with the camera.

There were four of them, I thought what the hell, I opened the door and they scurried off. Never mind I went into one of the little gazebos and waited.

Soon all four came back, they love cornflakes

Isle of Wight, Enchanted Manor, Niton, Ventnor, Black Gang and St Catherine's Point - Page 2 30610

I had set the camera for night time portrait which gives a double flash and a orange glow. However, any movement from the badgers gave a ghosting effect and these little creatures were never still.

Isle of Wight, Enchanted Manor, Niton, Ventnor, Black Gang and St Catherine's Point - Page 2 31310

I must have taken about 50 shots and I only had a blank black screen to see them through.

Isle of Wight, Enchanted Manor, Niton, Ventnor, Black Gang and St Catherine's Point - Page 2 30810

Then another couple of guests stood in the doorway trying to take photos, I beckon them to come out and said, "they well come back in a few minutes", so now there were three of us cheers The badgers soon came back

Isle of Wight, Enchanted Manor, Niton, Ventnor, Black Gang and St Catherine's Point - Page 2 27710

Eventually there were five of us snapping and talking and the badgers didn't mind

Isle of Wight, Enchanted Manor, Niton, Ventnor, Black Gang and St Catherine's Point - Page 2 35810

Anyway loved being with the animals but foxy didn't turn up but a good last night

So it was bedtime

and next morning it was the last fry up and bucks fizz, Mrs Db joined me with the traditional breakfast, which this time included bubble and squeak

Isle of Wight, Enchanted Manor, Niton, Ventnor, Black Gang and St Catherine's Point - Page 2 35910

and the last coffee and toast and marmalade

Isle of Wight, Enchanted Manor, Niton, Ventnor, Black Gang and St Catherine's Point - Page 2 36010

Because our Ferry wasn't till late we could have our room till noon and a bit of a wait for our boat but eventually we were aboard

Isle of Wight, Enchanted Manor, Niton, Ventnor, Black Gang and St Catherine's Point - Page 2 36410

Then as the boat pulled away Mrs Db said, "Goodbye IOW"

Isle of Wight, Enchanted Manor, Niton, Ventnor, Black Gang and St Catherine's Point - Page 2 36710

"But I'll be back" Shocked affraid

Isle of Wight, Enchanted Manor, Niton, Ventnor, Black Gang and St Catherine's Point - Page 2 36910

So that was the story of it all folks

Last edited by delboy on Sun Sep 23, 2012 9:23 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
beeech
Lil 'ol wine drinker
beeech

PostSubject: Re: Isle of Wight, Enchanted Manor, Niton, Ventnor, Black Gang and St Catherine's Point   Isle of Wight, Enchanted Manor, Niton, Ventnor, Black Gang and St Catherine's Point - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 17, 2012 5:10 pm

Brilliant Db - another well deserved rep for all your efforts...

...and a fab story ! Very Happy

Back to top Go down
Mick
ALL ROUND GOOD GUY
Mick

PostSubject: Re: Isle of Wight, Enchanted Manor, Niton, Ventnor, Black Gang and St Catherine's Point   Isle of Wight, Enchanted Manor, Niton, Ventnor, Black Gang and St Catherine's Point - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 17, 2012 5:55 pm

Great story & photo's mate, well earned rep from me. clap clap

Majorca Mad
Mark

PostSubject: Re: Isle of Wight, Enchanted Manor, Niton, Ventnor, Black Gang and St Catherine's Point   Isle of Wight, Enchanted Manor, Niton, Ventnor, Black Gang and St Catherine's Point - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 17, 2012 6:39 pm

Really enjoyable del rules
Back to top Go down
NannyJen
Girl Power Member

PostSubject: Re: Isle of Wight, Enchanted Manor, Niton, Ventnor, Black Gang and St Catherine's Point   Isle of Wight, Enchanted Manor, Niton, Ventnor, Black Gang and St Catherine's Point - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 17, 2012 6:48 pm

A great read & fabulous pics DB. Rep on the way.

bravo

Back to top Go down
delboy
Mad Destination Expert
delboy

PostSubject: Re: Isle of Wight, Enchanted Manor, Niton, Ventnor, Black Gang and St Catherine's Point   Isle of Wight, Enchanted Manor, Niton, Ventnor, Black Gang and St Catherine's Point - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 17, 2012 7:00 pm

thanks all, it was a great break that I could recommend
Back to top Go down
theboss
Girl Power Member
theboss

PostSubject: Re: Isle of Wight, Enchanted Manor, Niton, Ventnor, Black Gang and St Catherine's Point   Isle of Wight, Enchanted Manor, Niton, Ventnor, Black Gang and St Catherine's Point - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 17, 2012 7:48 pm

Brilliant DB . . so enjoyed the stories and fab pics . .
Glad you both had a great break . . what fab weather you got!
Another happy memory in the bank . . cheers
Back to top Go down
theboss
Girl Power Member
theboss

PostSubject: Re: Isle of Wight, Enchanted Manor, Niton, Ventnor, Black Gang and St Catherine's Point   Isle of Wight, Enchanted Manor, Niton, Ventnor, Black Gang and St Catherine's Point - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 17, 2012 7:54 pm

Forgot to say . . . Rep! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
theboss
Girl Power Member
theboss

PostSubject: Re: Isle of Wight, Enchanted Manor, Niton, Ventnor, Black Gang and St Catherine's Point   Isle of Wight, Enchanted Manor, Niton, Ventnor, Black Gang and St Catherine's Point - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 17, 2012 10:47 pm

Very Happy Forgot to say - loved the pic of the cows standing on the top of the hill . . how did you direct them so well . .
DB : That's it Daisy, could you look this way please . . Buttercup and Primrose - could you please push in a bit as I haven't got my wide angled lens

And the 'interesting' signs in the graveyard . . lol!
Back to top Go down
delboy
Mad Destination Expert
delboy

PostSubject: Re: Isle of Wight, Enchanted Manor, Niton, Ventnor, Black Gang and St Catherine's Point   Isle of Wight, Enchanted Manor, Niton, Ventnor, Black Gang and St Catherine's Point - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 18, 2012 8:09 am

yes there was another, "I never heard the train coming" I Pod.
Back to top Go down
Mick
ALL ROUND GOOD GUY
Mick

PostSubject: Re: Isle of Wight, Enchanted Manor, Niton, Ventnor, Black Gang and St Catherine's Point   Isle of Wight, Enchanted Manor, Niton, Ventnor, Black Gang and St Catherine's Point - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 18, 2012 8:29 am

delboy wrote:
yes there was another, "I never heard the train coming" I Pod.

wtf wtf wtf wtf

Girl Power Member
roamer

PostSubject: Re: Isle of Wight, Enchanted Manor, Niton, Ventnor, Black Gang and St Catherine's Point   Isle of Wight, Enchanted Manor, Niton, Ventnor, Black Gang and St Catherine's Point - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 18, 2012 7:20 pm

'I never heard the train coming, I pood?'
Back to top Go down
http://fiona-king.co.uk
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Isle of Wight, Enchanted Manor, Niton, Ventnor, Black Gang and St Catherine's Point   Isle of Wight, Enchanted Manor, Niton, Ventnor, Black Gang and St Catherine's Point - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Isle of Wight, Enchanted Manor, Niton, Ventnor, Black Gang and St Catherine's Point

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Welcome to the Majorca and Worldwide Travel Forum :: WORLDWIDE TRAVEL REVIEW SECTION NEW FOR 2011. EST 18/05/11 :: ENTER HERE :: UNITED KINGDOM :: UK RESORT REVIEW-
Jump to:  
Forum create on Forumotion | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Contact | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com