Welcome to the Majorca and Worldwide Travel Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Majorca Travel Forum / Majorca Help and Information Forum

HomeHome  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

Balearic Islands, Ibiza, San Antonio, Hotel Ses Savines

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
NannyJen
Girl Power Member

Balearic Islands, Ibiza, San Antonio, Hotel Ses Savines _
PostSubject: Balearic Islands, Ibiza, San Antonio, Hotel Ses Savines   Balearic Islands, Ibiza, San Antonio, Hotel Ses Savines Icon_minitimeThu Sep 06, 2012 1:56 pm

Hotel Ses Savines, San Antonio, Ibiza.
8 – 17 May, 2012

The hotel is only 2* but is in a 5* location - right on the paseo, across from the beach & about a 10 minute walk around the bay from the centre of town. I knew roughly what to expect as I’d done my usual research & had walked past it many times on my last visit to Ibiza (albeit more than 20 years ago!) & my parents stayed there a few times in the 60’s/70’s!

It is old & traditional, privately owned, quite small (4 floors) & on a very large (overgrown!) plot with swimming pool, tennis courts & crazy golf. The owners (in their 80’s & quite doddery) live in a villa in the grounds & shuffle over to the hotel every day to look around & have their meals in the restaurant. The plot must be worth millions & I imagine developers & the big hotel chains must be itching to get their hands on it - which, I think, would be a shame as I like it the way it is. The staff were really friendly & helpful & other guests were mostly British - but with a good sprinkling of other nationalities. Also, being very early in the season, most were of a “more mature” age (old, in other words!) with few children about. It was interesting to learn that many guests were regulars & had been coming for years.

In-room safes cost E2/day with E3 deposit; air-con (didn’t need) was E6/day; TV remote (didn’t use) was E10 deposit only.

There was a computer terminal in the games room, free WIFI in the foyer/lounge & a luggage-weighing machine.

There was live entertainment every other night on the terrace, some of which even I enjoyed (I’m not usually a fan!!). It was always well attended with a good atmosphere &, being right on the paseo, lots of passers-by stopped to enjoy it too.

Perhaps the best thing about our stay at the Ses Savines was the price - we paid only £255 for 9 nights for the 2 of us with Alpharooms (including HB & sea-view supplement!!!).

The hotel & grounds from various points around the bay.

Balearic Islands, Ibiza, San Antonio, Hotel Ses Savines 2012-010

Balearic Islands, Ibiza, San Antonio, Hotel Ses Savines 2012-011

Balearic Islands, Ibiza, San Antonio, Hotel Ses Savines 2012-012

Balearic Islands, Ibiza, San Antonio, Hotel Ses Savines 2012-013

Balearic Islands, Ibiza, San Antonio, Hotel Ses Savines 2012-014

Balearic Islands, Ibiza, San Antonio, Hotel Ses Savines 2012-015

Balearic Islands, Ibiza, San Antonio, Hotel Ses Savines 2012-016

Balearic Islands, Ibiza, San Antonio, Hotel Ses Savines 2012-017

Balearic Islands, Ibiza, San Antonio, Hotel Ses Savines 2012-018

Balearic Islands, Ibiza, San Antonio, Hotel Ses Savines 2012-019

The dining room, smallish bar & lounge etc all look out over a pretty terrace and the swimming pool - which also has a couple of sandy areas with loungers next to it. The terrace opens directly on to the paseo & the beach with beautiful views across the bay to San Antonio town in one direction & the “bay area” in the other.

Public areas & views from the terrace.

Balearic Islands, Ibiza, San Antonio, Hotel Ses Savines 2012-030

Balearic Islands, Ibiza, San Antonio, Hotel Ses Savines 2012-020

Balearic Islands, Ibiza, San Antonio, Hotel Ses Savines 2012-021

Balearic Islands, Ibiza, San Antonio, Hotel Ses Savines 2012-022

Balearic Islands, Ibiza, San Antonio, Hotel Ses Savines 2012-023

Balearic Islands, Ibiza, San Antonio, Hotel Ses Savines 2012-024

Balearic Islands, Ibiza, San Antonio, Hotel Ses Savines 2012-025

Balearic Islands, Ibiza, San Antonio, Hotel Ses Savines 2012-026

Balearic Islands, Ibiza, San Antonio, Hotel Ses Savines 2012-027

Balearic Islands, Ibiza, San Antonio, Hotel Ses Savines 2012-028

Balearic Islands, Ibiza, San Antonio, Hotel Ses Savines 2012-029

We stayed half-board & the food was as good as any I’ve had in other 3* and 4* hotels. The usual buffet breakfast & dinner - well cooked & a good, varied selection. One really nice touch was an electric juicer & an enormous bowl of oranges on the terrace every morning so that you could squeeze your own fresh juice. Wine was average price - between E8 & E14 a bottle but drinks at the bar were a little more expensive than normal.

Finally, the rooms - the reason, I think, for the Ses Savines being only 2*. From the reviews I’d read, I was expecting them to be basic - & basic they were! This didn’t bother me in the least (in fact, I thought they had a real charm) as they were spotlessly clean & had everything we needed (apart from a fridge). I guess, though, that they would not suit some people. We paid extra for a sea-view & our room on the corner of the 3rd floor, was huge. It had 4 beds & there was still enough space for us to practise our “moves” ready to hit the clubs (!!!). We had a TV, a smallish bathroom & a big walk-in wardrobe with hanging space, shelves, drawers & the safe. There were beautiful wooden shutters on the window & on the old-fashioned French doors to the balcony – which, again, was enormous. It was about 6m x 3m - the biggest balcony I’ve ever had in a hotel - & the view was amazing! We also, unusually, had a window in the bathroom - with the same stunning view.

Our room & views from the balcony.

Balearic Islands, Ibiza, San Antonio, Hotel Ses Savines 2012-031

Balearic Islands, Ibiza, San Antonio, Hotel Ses Savines 2012-032

Balearic Islands, Ibiza, San Antonio, Hotel Ses Savines 2012-033

Balearic Islands, Ibiza, San Antonio, Hotel Ses Savines 2012-034

Balearic Islands, Ibiza, San Antonio, Hotel Ses Savines 2012-035

Balearic Islands, Ibiza, San Antonio, Hotel Ses Savines 2012-036

Balearic Islands, Ibiza, San Antonio, Hotel Ses Savines 2012-037

Balearic Islands, Ibiza, San Antonio, Hotel Ses Savines 2012-038

Balearic Islands, Ibiza, San Antonio, Hotel Ses Savines 2012-039

Balearic Islands, Ibiza, San Antonio, Hotel Ses Savines 2012-040

Balearic Islands, Ibiza, San Antonio, Hotel Ses Savines 2012-041

Balearic Islands, Ibiza, San Antonio, Hotel Ses Savines 2012-042

Balearic Islands, Ibiza, San Antonio, Hotel Ses Savines 2012-043

Balearic Islands, Ibiza, San Antonio, Hotel Ses Savines 2012-044

Balearic Islands, Ibiza, San Antonio, Hotel Ses Savines 2012-045

Balearic Islands, Ibiza, San Antonio, Hotel Ses Savines 2012-046

Balearic Islands, Ibiza, San Antonio, Hotel Ses Savines 2012-047

Balearic Islands, Ibiza, San Antonio, Hotel Ses Savines 2012-048

Balearic Islands, Ibiza, San Antonio, Hotel Ses Savines 2012-049

This is an early-season review & I would definitely return at this time of year. I think things could be slightly different in high-season, though, when there would be lots more young clubbers staying there.

Back to top Go down
Graham

PostSubject: Re: Balearic Islands, Ibiza, San Antonio, Hotel Ses Savines   Balearic Islands, Ibiza, San Antonio, Hotel Ses Savines Icon_minitimeThu Sep 06, 2012 2:28 pm

Agreat review with lovely pics the place looked spotless have a rep from me.
Back to top Go down
Daryn
Admin
Daryn

PostSubject: Re: Balearic Islands, Ibiza, San Antonio, Hotel Ses Savines   Balearic Islands, Ibiza, San Antonio, Hotel Ses Savines Icon_minitimeThu Sep 06, 2012 4:06 pm

It does look very appealing TBH, basic but nice and clean and I laughed that you paid £255 for 9 nights for the 2 of you and that included paying etc for a sea view, wow you cannot complain about that at all, I would have thought that price would have been each for H/B.

Well done and many thanks for the review have a rep. clap

Mick
ALL ROUND GOOD GUY
Mick

PostSubject: Re: Balearic Islands, Ibiza, San Antonio, Hotel Ses Savines   Balearic Islands, Ibiza, San Antonio, Hotel Ses Savines Icon_minitimeThu Sep 06, 2012 4:46 pm

A fantastic & very honest review, with fabulous accompanying photo's Jen. I have walked past there a few times unwittingly, when I have stayed a couple of times in San Antonio. Thanks for the review & what a superb price that you paid, that was a great bonus. A well deserved rep from me as well. clap clap

Mad Destination Expert
delboy

PostSubject: Re: Balearic Islands, Ibiza, San Antonio, Hotel Ses Savines   Balearic Islands, Ibiza, San Antonio, Hotel Ses Savines Icon_minitimeThu Sep 06, 2012 6:26 pm

great review Jen, have a rep cheers
Back to top Go down
Mark
Majorca Mad
Mark

PostSubject: Re: Balearic Islands, Ibiza, San Antonio, Hotel Ses Savines   Balearic Islands, Ibiza, San Antonio, Hotel Ses Savines Icon_minitimeThu Sep 06, 2012 9:10 pm

Pictures say a thousand words Jen, brilliant Thumsup have a rep from me too Very Happy
Back to top Go down
debdon
OFFICIAL VODKA TASTER
debdon

PostSubject: Re: Balearic Islands, Ibiza, San Antonio, Hotel Ses Savines   Balearic Islands, Ibiza, San Antonio, Hotel Ses Savines Icon_minitimeThu Sep 06, 2012 10:31 pm

Rep from me too Jen, brilliant. clap clap
Back to top Go down
http://www.debssweetdelights.co.uk
theboss
Girl Power Member
theboss

PostSubject: Re: Balearic Islands, Ibiza, San Antonio, Hotel Ses Savines   Balearic Islands, Ibiza, San Antonio, Hotel Ses Savines Icon_minitimeThu Sep 06, 2012 11:11 pm

Good stuff, Jen . . what an amazing price . . you'ld pay that for a hostel!

Had a mad holiday in San Antonio, many years ago, with my pal from Belfast and her sister . .

I don't think I would recognise any of the resort . . . for various reasons Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed

Rep on the way and thanks!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Balearic Islands, Ibiza, San Antonio, Hotel Ses Savines   Balearic Islands, Ibiza, San Antonio, Hotel Ses Savines Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Balearic Islands, Ibiza, San Antonio, Hotel Ses Savines

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Welcome to the Majorca and Worldwide Travel Forum :: WORLDWIDE TRAVEL REVIEW SECTION NEW FOR 2011. EST 18/05/11 :: ENTER HERE :: SPAIN, includes Balearics (not Majorca see seperate section). :: HOTEL/ACCOM REVIEW SECTION-
Jump to:  
Free forum | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Contact | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com