Welcome to the Majorca and Worldwide Travel Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Majorca Travel Forum / Majorca Help and Information Forum

HomeHome  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

private mallorca lettings

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
chelsearo

private mallorca lettings _
PostSubject: private mallorca lettings   private mallorca lettings Icon_minitimeTue Sep 04, 2012 9:49 am

I thought I saw on TA that spain have made it illegal for foreigners who own property in Mallorca to rent them out and the fines are between 6k and 60k.

Has anyone else heard or know about it?

Wonder what impact that will have on the likes of ownersdirect etc.
Back to top Go down
DadsBarmy

DadsBarmy

PostSubject: Re: private mallorca lettings   private mallorca lettings Icon_minitimeTue Sep 04, 2012 10:25 am

Anyone renting a property out has to have a licence, and they are becoming more difficult to obtain
I have heard of people being prosecuted in the Pollenca and Andratx areas
It is the same in England where landlords have to meet certain regulations with regards to gas and electrical installations and
all furniture has to be be fire retardent
Back to top Go down
Daryn
Admin
Daryn

PostSubject: Re: private mallorca lettings   private mallorca lettings Icon_minitimeTue Sep 04, 2012 10:31 am

I did have a similar discussion last year about rental property in Tenerife, apparently the Spanish government made it illegal for anyone to rent out an apartment in a block unless it had been classed as a touristic property, in other words the apartment block had to meet certain criteria ie fire exits etc before it was allowed to get this touristic tag, some sort of inspectors were going around knocking on doors and fining people for this, someone was worried as they had rented one and thought they would be given the fine, this was not the case at all its only the people that owned the property that could be fined. Dads is this the same in Mallorca.

I think if the government have made it illegal for foreigners who own property in Mallorca to rent them out, then this has been done to protect hotels etc, the only problem I have with this is that hotels will take advantage and put there prices up. Again Dads do you think this is the case or is it only to protect the people that rent them.

Last edited by Daryn on Tue Sep 04, 2012 10:34 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
https://majorcaforum.forumotion.com
Mick
ALL ROUND GOOD GUY
Mick

PostSubject: Re: private mallorca lettings   private mallorca lettings Icon_minitimeTue Sep 04, 2012 10:33 am

I agree from a fire & appliance regulation point, but like you say Daryn, Hotels & Apartments could just be rubbing their hands at this news.

PostSubject: Re: private mallorca lettings   private mallorca lettings Icon_minitimeTue Sep 04, 2012 12:45 pm

yes, good news on the safety aspect I guess.

All these fines will also provide extra (needed) revenue for the government and it wouldn't impact on the voting public.

Back to top Go down
Mark
Majorca Mad
Mark

PostSubject: Re: private mallorca lettings   private mallorca lettings Icon_minitimeTue Sep 04, 2012 9:23 pm

Well I can think of one person who might not vote again for the Gov't if they had just got a 60k fine lol
Back to top Go down
Britchick
Destination Expert
Britchick

PostSubject: Re: private mallorca lettings   private mallorca lettings Icon_minitimeMon Sep 10, 2012 10:06 am

I can see this is great news for the hotels and I have heard that they have a a lot of influence with the council, but I think it's bad news for everyone else. Not everyone wants to stay in a hotel nor a apartment in a " holiday block " , privately owned apartments are in general a lot nicer and with more personal touches. The more people that go self catering means more business for the local restaurants, cafes and supermarkets and they deserve their share as well as the greedy hoteliers!
If people are put off renting out their apartment for fear off a hefty fine this would be a real shame and as for the tourist license they simply do NOT give them out anymore, I have looked into this and found this is the case
Back to top Go down
Mick
ALL ROUND GOOD GUY
Mick

PostSubject: Re: private mallorca lettings   private mallorca lettings Icon_minitimeMon Sep 10, 2012 10:24 am

Have to agree with the bars, cafe's, restaurants & supermarkets missing out there, that is a good point BC. Looks like more of them will be shutting down from now on.

morlandg

PostSubject: Re: private mallorca lettings   private mallorca lettings Icon_minitimeMon Sep 10, 2012 1:58 pm

Hi Britchick - either you lean forward or I lean forward. Preferably both of us!!!
Back to top Go down
Daryn
Admin
Daryn

PostSubject: Re: private mallorca lettings   private mallorca lettings Icon_minitimeMon Sep 10, 2012 2:40 pm

rolling laughing hahahaha

Mick
ALL ROUND GOOD GUY
Mick

PostSubject: Re: private mallorca lettings   private mallorca lettings Icon_minitimeMon Sep 10, 2012 2:55 pm

morlandg wrote:
Hi Britchick - either you lean forward or I lean forward. Preferably both of us!!!

What are you like morlandg. nono

lolol lolol lolol lolol

Destination Expert
Britchick

PostSubject: Re: private mallorca lettings   private mallorca lettings Icon_minitimeMon Sep 10, 2012 5:24 pm

private mallorca lettings 13632932 i don't know what you mean !
Back to top Go down
Hayzer
ALL ROUND DESTINATION EXPERT
Hayzer

PostSubject: Re: private mallorca lettings   private mallorca lettings Icon_minitimeMon Sep 10, 2012 9:08 pm

morlandg naughty spank

Majorca Mad
Mark

PostSubject: Re: private mallorca lettings   private mallorca lettings Icon_minitimeMon Sep 10, 2012 9:20 pm

Daryn's already hacked her photobucket account rolling laughing
Back to top Go down
Ddolfelin

Ddolfelin

PostSubject: Re: private mallorca lettings   private mallorca lettings Icon_minitimeTue Sep 18, 2012 8:19 am

I was fascinated by the sunburn, too.
Back to top Go down
http://dddioramas.webs.com/
Mark
Majorca Mad
Mark

PostSubject: Re: private mallorca lettings   private mallorca lettings Icon_minitimeTue Sep 18, 2012 8:22 am

There's a queue for the rubbing the aftersun in Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: private mallorca lettings   private mallorca lettings Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

private mallorca lettings

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Welcome to the Majorca and Worldwide Travel Forum :: MAJORCA SECTION :: MAJORCA / HELP / ADVICE / QUESTIONS AND ANSWERS-
Jump to:  
Free forum | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Contact | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com