Welcome to the Majorca and Worldwide Travel Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Majorca Travel Forum / Majorca Help and Information Forum

HomeHome  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

Miramar Hotel, Puerto de Pollensa

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
WirralScouse
DE/Prophet of Doom
WirralScouse

Miramar Hotel, Puerto de Pollensa _
PostSubject: Miramar Hotel, Puerto de Pollensa   Miramar Hotel, Puerto de Pollensa Icon_minitimeFri May 07, 2010 11:17 pm

I can well understand that most of the interest in hotels on this Forum is in hotels in South West Majorca.That is the most visited area for Brits.But 45 miles North in Puerto Pollensa holiday life moves at a different pace with a more laidback style,especially for families that don't need manufactured entertainment.

Don't go there if you want clubs,foam parties,water parks,go karts,bowling alleys,low low prices,late nights,18-30s venues,2 for 1.They are not there.

I love Hotel Miramar which is ideal for couples of a more mature age who do not require inhouse evening entertainment or a swimming pool.It is one of,if not the,longest standing hotels in Puerto Pollensa therefore in the best seafront position.It has been in the Sastre family for donkeys years and is still family-run with justifiable pride.It is 3* and very expensive for 3* but you get what you pay for.You can book with the hotel direct or through Thomson Small & Friendly.The food is exquisite but not leaning towards British palates.Hotel not suitable for children.

I have no connection with this hotel whatsoever and it is 3 years since I last stayed there,unfortunately.But on one day last October on a short visit to North Majorca I sat alone and people-watching at one of their tables on the pavement for lunch and had a plateful of freshly sliced serrano ham with sliced tomato and basil shreds with a chilled bottle of Torres Vina Sol and I was in gourmet heaven.Not cheap but I was past caring.
Back to top Go down
Daryn
Admin
Daryn

Miramar Hotel, Puerto de Pollensa _
PostSubject: Re: Miramar Hotel, Puerto de Pollensa   Miramar Hotel, Puerto de Pollensa Icon_minitimeSat May 08, 2010 4:23 am

You should write for a holiday magazine WS, I could never write a review that sounds as good as that . I must go across to that resort one day and have a look around it sounds really lovely,I love walking when Im on holiday ,I cant stand still or sit around the pool ,I may take a few cans in a netto bag with me because of the bar prices LOL.
Well done WS and thanks for that brilliant report.
Your Fan Daryn

Miramar Hotel, Puerto de Pollensa

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Welcome to the Majorca and Worldwide Travel Forum :: MAJORCA SECTION :: MAJORCA ACCOMMODATION / MAJORCA RESORT REVIEW SECTIONS :: POLLENSA (inc Puerto Pollensa) :: PUERTO POLLENSA ACCOMMODATION-
Jump to:  
Free forum | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Contact | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com