Welcome to the Majorca and Worldwide Travel Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Majorca Travel Forum / Majorca Help and Information Forum

HomeHome  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

Greece, Island of Limnos (Lemnos), Myrina, Delboy Rambles

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
theboss
Girl Power Member
theboss

Greece, Island of Limnos (Lemnos), Myrina, Delboy Rambles - Page 3 _
PostSubject: Re: Greece, Island of Limnos (Lemnos), Myrina, Delboy Rambles   Greece, Island of Limnos (Lemnos), Myrina, Delboy Rambles - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 03, 2012 10:47 pm

Very Happy . . . women have no taste . . . .

Oi! . . . Yum yum! Is that good enough for you?
Back to top Go down
delboy
Mad Destination Expert
delboy

PostSubject: Re: Greece, Island of Limnos (Lemnos), Myrina, Delboy Rambles   Greece, Island of Limnos (Lemnos), Myrina, Delboy Rambles - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 04, 2012 5:45 pm

In the evening we tried the place that overlooked both the harbour and marina

Greece, Island of Limnos (Lemnos), Myrina, Delboy Rambles - Page 3 31510

There was only one other couple eating there

Greece, Island of Limnos (Lemnos), Myrina, Delboy Rambles - Page 3 31410

Greece, Island of Limnos (Lemnos), Myrina, Delboy Rambles - Page 3 31710

we both had moussaka which was very nice and a bowl of chips

Greece, Island of Limnos (Lemnos), Myrina, Delboy Rambles - Page 3 31910

Greece, Island of Limnos (Lemnos), Myrina, Delboy Rambles - Page 3 32010

Greece, Island of Limnos (Lemnos), Myrina, Delboy Rambles - Page 3 31610

the harbour area doesn't see the sunset, as it goes down behind the castle but this spot has something about it

Greece, Island of Limnos (Lemnos), Myrina, Delboy Rambles - Page 3 32810

Greece, Island of Limnos (Lemnos), Myrina, Delboy Rambles - Page 3 33710

a choir sang at the back of the marina making another good atmosphere

Greece, Island of Limnos (Lemnos), Myrina, Delboy Rambles - Page 3 32710

Greece, Island of Limnos (Lemnos), Myrina, Delboy Rambles - Page 3 33510

Then it was back to the room to play with the air con remote

A second night there I had Lamb Kleftiko, two large shanks that took me and three small cats to eat it

Greece, Island of Limnos (Lemnos), Myrina, Delboy Rambles - Page 3 42410

Whilst at the back of me a large fire blazed on the beach, apparently once a year, youngsters are hosed down and they then jump through the fire to become more virile or something. The older ones don't bother as they would probably trip and end up as crackling wtf

Greece, Island of Limnos (Lemnos), Myrina, Delboy Rambles - Page 3 42610

the remaining days on the beach were much better

Greece, Island of Limnos (Lemnos), Myrina, Delboy Rambles - Page 3 43210

and one evening the Greek flag was lowered, I don't think it was anything to do with our holiday nearly coming to an end

Greece, Island of Limnos (Lemnos), Myrina, Delboy Rambles - Page 3 43510

Others were taking photos and I tried not to smile as they had real guns affraid

Greece, Island of Limnos (Lemnos), Myrina, Delboy Rambles - Page 3 43610

We could even eat at the side of the sea without getting the tablecoth blown in

Greece, Island of Limnos (Lemnos), Myrina, Delboy Rambles - Page 3 43910

well I had to go and have one didn't I cheers

Greece, Island of Limnos (Lemnos), Myrina, Delboy Rambles - Page 3 44010

and of course Mrs Db let me back here again lol!

Greece, Island of Limnos (Lemnos), Myrina, Delboy Rambles - Page 3 45210

the sausages were really saveloys and wasn't too keen, our cats help us out

Greece, Island of Limnos (Lemnos), Myrina, Delboy Rambles - Page 3 45310

I had been experimenting with the camera lighting having seen a picture of the castle in my room which merged the lighting but the castle was not alight, he had obviously picked the equivilent of candlelight which had that effect.

Greece, Island of Limnos (Lemnos), Myrina, Delboy Rambles - Page 3 45410

the next morning we couldn't turn off the air con and I had to throw the trip switch to get it off. Discussions with Annette and the owner was to get the engineer in.

And the first boat trip went out as planned on the Tuesday

Greece, Island of Limnos (Lemnos), Myrina, Delboy Rambles - Page 3 46310

I tried the air con that evening and it was just the same, Mrs Db sat on the sofa and press it a dozen times and suddenly it clicked on. So, right we are going to keep it on that evening rather than use a fan that was offered to us. (One is not allowed to keep the fan on when going out, due to health and safety) but 2 hours on for our comfort out weighed that in my book

To complicate the matter, a neighbour downstairs tried to get his stuck toast out of a toaster and short circuited the bottom floor apartments. The owner had gone out, so the rep was called and had to be involved. The conclusion was our air con and another that was on, were perhaps to be the cause of it and it was turned off.

So here we were on our penulimate night

Greece, Island of Limnos (Lemnos), Myrina, Delboy Rambles - Page 3 47010

Greece, Island of Limnos (Lemnos), Myrina, Delboy Rambles - Page 3 47610

the little church above us

Greece, Island of Limnos (Lemnos), Myrina, Delboy Rambles - Page 3 47710

then the rep arrived to tell me it had been switched off and told me the engineer had fixed it etc and I said well he hadn't and gave my reasons for keeping it on

After a delboy fume, she returned to the apartment to sort it out with the boss

Greece, Island of Limnos (Lemnos), Myrina, Delboy Rambles - Page 3 47910

we later returned to find it on again cheers

the last full day it was a bit windy again, so decided to walk into town, I suggested we try a deer hunt and Mrs Db agreed

This time there were 3 female deer and a stag cheers

Greece, Island of Limnos (Lemnos), Myrina, Delboy Rambles - Page 3 48910

Greece, Island of Limnos (Lemnos), Myrina, Delboy Rambles - Page 3 49810

Greece, Island of Limnos (Lemnos), Myrina, Delboy Rambles - Page 3 49610

I couldn't get any nearer without them moving further away.

Last afternoon we went back to the apartments and had a surprise knock on the door, It was two engineers arrived to fit two brand new aircon units.
As we hadnt showered I just watch them fit it, does any one need to know how to fit one lol!

Greece, Island of Limnos (Lemnos), Myrina, Delboy Rambles - Page 3 50210

Greece, Island of Limnos (Lemnos), Myrina, Delboy Rambles - Page 3 50310

And we had air con for the last night, the owner had been told that the remotes that were the cause of the trouble would take five weeks to come and he took the fair decision to replace the two compete units in ours and another room.

A very nice guy, he gave each occupant a bowl of apricots from his tree

So we were a bit late for our last sunset meal but I snapped it on the way

Greece, Island of Limnos (Lemnos), Myrina, Delboy Rambles - Page 3 50410

each night we passed the military base which had a guard constantly on duty. As we passed hea called us, "Did we enjoy Limnos", he asked. "Yes" we said, "Very much". He was so pleased and only about 18. After a little chat we headed to town and thought is was kind of him to ask.

We ended up eating an equally best meal at a resto we had ignored before as it looked empty

Greece, Island of Limnos (Lemnos), Myrina, Delboy Rambles - Page 3 51010

Greece, Island of Limnos (Lemnos), Myrina, Delboy Rambles - Page 3 51110

Summing it up the town is spread over a mile or so, with the best beach on end and the marina the other. We felt it was best to be near the beach end and be near our apartment. However, it really only had one useful resto for us and most meals would be a 10 mins or more walk.

There was WIFI cafes in town but being that distance away not practical for me to use. The resto were really cheap and sunbeds were free with no problems using them. I guess one must get on the beach in the morning in high season to be sure of getting one.

The wind is clearly a problem for some people despite the cool welcome breeze etc, so those considering it must make up their own minds. We clear got the wrong week but the week before apparently had no wind so I was told. Locals in that heat would probably welcome any breeze. It was sure hot out of there.

Would we return, we both said yes, but that wind is a nag and perhaps we would try another place before going back to test it again

I took a large number of photos as there is very little forum information available if anybody is interested I will answer any questions you might have

PS two days before we came home, one of the handles on Mrs Db's new sun glasses came off. Greece operates a no refunds policy, I told her we should not have spent too much on those glasses. lol! lol!

Last edited by delboy on Fri Jul 06, 2012 11:13 am; edited 4 times in total
Back to top Go down
beeech
Lil 'ol wine drinker
beeech

PostSubject: Re: Greece, Island of Limnos (Lemnos), Myrina, Delboy Rambles   Greece, Island of Limnos (Lemnos), Myrina, Delboy Rambles - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 04, 2012 6:01 pm

A well deserved rep from me db...

for a brilliant , and very entertaining report Very Happy

Back to top Go down
delboy
Mad Destination Expert
delboy

PostSubject: Re: Greece, Island of Limnos (Lemnos), Myrina, Delboy Rambles   Greece, Island of Limnos (Lemnos), Myrina, Delboy Rambles - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 04, 2012 6:16 pm

Thanks Beeech glad you enjoyed it
Back to top Go down
theboss
Girl Power Member
theboss

PostSubject: Re: Greece, Island of Limnos (Lemnos), Myrina, Delboy Rambles   Greece, Island of Limnos (Lemnos), Myrina, Delboy Rambles - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 04, 2012 6:35 pm

Well done DB . . . I went back this morning and repped all your posts indidvidually, as you've put a huge amount of work into it.
We got fantastic shots. a flavour for the local life and a great story, told with humour . . .
Final rep from me . . . just in time for my hols cheers
I'm wondering what the wind situation will be in Lesvos . . . all will be revealed!
Thank you! cheers
Back to top Go down
delboy
Mad Destination Expert
delboy

PostSubject: Re: Greece, Island of Limnos (Lemnos), Myrina, Delboy Rambles   Greece, Island of Limnos (Lemnos), Myrina, Delboy Rambles - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 04, 2012 7:19 pm

I think you will be ok Boss, we definity didn't get any wind in Lesvos apart from the tornado that lasted 30 secs.
Back to top Go down
Mark
Majorca Mad
Mark

PostSubject: Re: Greece, Island of Limnos (Lemnos), Myrina, Delboy Rambles   Greece, Island of Limnos (Lemnos), Myrina, Delboy Rambles - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 04, 2012 7:27 pm

An enjoyable tale of your trip del, rep from me mate Thumsup
Back to top Go down
bjbyorkshire

bjbyorkshire

PostSubject: great report Delboy   Greece, Island of Limnos (Lemnos), Myrina, Delboy Rambles - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 06, 2013 10:03 pm

I've just read your trip report Delboy and it was a great read with fab photos. It is nice to go to an island where you feel as though you are not in a big tourist trap. I quite fancy a Greek Island holiday, I would like to fly into somewhere and do an island hop like the youngsters used to do (dont want to sleep on the beach though!!!).

Good one - again!!!
Back to top Go down
theboss
Girl Power Member
theboss

PostSubject: Re: Greece, Island of Limnos (Lemnos), Myrina, Delboy Rambles   Greece, Island of Limnos (Lemnos), Myrina, Delboy Rambles - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 06, 2013 10:17 pm

He knows how to do them, Bev . . and tells it 'warts and all' . . .
Back to top Go down
delboy
Mad Destination Expert
delboy

PostSubject: Re: Greece, Island of Limnos (Lemnos), Myrina, Delboy Rambles   Greece, Island of Limnos (Lemnos), Myrina, Delboy Rambles - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 06, 2013 10:18 pm

Yes it was enjoyable Bev, this year we are trying Thassos hope it lives up to good reports of a couple we met in Lemnos
Back to top Go down
theboss
Girl Power Member
theboss

PostSubject: Re: Greece, Island of Limnos (Lemnos), Myrina, Delboy Rambles   Greece, Island of Limnos (Lemnos), Myrina, Delboy Rambles - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 06, 2013 10:28 pm

Strange coincidence, but I've just read SG's report in the Student of the week book . . you get a trophy . . a voucher for 'homework off' and have to post a photo and write about it and he posted one of him carrying an Olympic torch, which was taken by the pool in Lesvos . . ( the rep . . who incidently told REALLY bad jokes)had just returned from carrying the torch on a leg of it's journey in Brighton (I think . . )

But we had a happy 10 mins discussing the holiday and what he liked best about it . .
Apparantly, it was the last day . . diving in the pool with Ben from Sheffield. Ben (and Peggy) was an adult . . but they got on like a house on fire and spent a full afternoon throwing Ben's silver ring into the deepest part of the pool and playing . . go fetch.
Back to top Go down
Mick
ALL ROUND GOOD GUY
Mick

PostSubject: Re: Greece, Island of Limnos (Lemnos), Myrina, Delboy Rambles   Greece, Island of Limnos (Lemnos), Myrina, Delboy Rambles - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 06, 2013 10:32 pm

Well done to SG, that afternoon with Ben & Peggy, really stuck in his mind. clap clap

PostSubject: Re: Greece, Island of Limnos (Lemnos), Myrina, Delboy Rambles   Greece, Island of Limnos (Lemnos), Myrina, Delboy Rambles - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Greece, Island of Limnos (Lemnos), Myrina, Delboy Rambles

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Welcome to the Majorca and Worldwide Travel Forum :: WORLDWIDE TRAVEL REVIEW SECTION NEW FOR 2011. EST 18/05/11 :: ENTER HERE :: GREECE includes Greek Islands :: RESORT REVIEW SECTION-
Jump to:  
Free forum | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Contact | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com