Welcome to the Majorca and Worldwide Travel Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Majorca Travel Forum / Majorca Help and Information Forum

HomeHome  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

north cyprus

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
majorcagirl

majorcagirl

north cyprus _
PostSubject: north cyprus   north cyprus Icon_minitimeWed Jun 27, 2012 6:15 pm

I wonder who else has visited north cyprus. Its a lovely part of cyprus( we don't get involved with the politics). The hotels are very nice, the people are friendly and the rate of exchange, turkish lira to the £1 is very good.We go there usually in september as the temperature isn't too high.
Back to top Go down
Daryn
Admin
Daryn

north cyprus _
PostSubject: Re: north cyprus   north cyprus Icon_minitimeWed Jun 27, 2012 8:00 pm

Ive never been although last year we nearly did but went to Tenerife instead

majorcagirl

majorcagirl

north cyprus _
PostSubject: Re: north cyprus   north cyprus Icon_minitimeWed Jun 27, 2012 8:29 pm

north cyprus S2dv6o
swimming pool at our hotel

north cyprus Mt1eop
OH and his green friend at the pool bar

north cyprus Fbf0ar
staff at the hotel

north cyprus 2ltfma

this is a memorial to the troops killed in cyprus during the EOKA conflict. the first name on here, R Bunton was a school friend of my husband and was killed at the age of 19yrs. My husband did his national service 6months later but didn't serve in cyprus.
Back to top Go down
theboss
Girl Power Member
theboss

north cyprus _
PostSubject: Re: north cyprus   north cyprus Icon_minitimeWed Jun 27, 2012 8:44 pm

Thanks for the pics . . . Can I ask (and I don't mean to offend anyone . . )

Is it a genuine, traditional, rustic type of place, or is it more appropriate for those looking for 'resorts' with a big ex-pat community . . . Shocked

Rep for the pics . . . looks like your OH is having a bit of a love-in .with a green goddess . . should have gone to spec savers Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Daryn
Admin
Daryn

north cyprus _
PostSubject: Re: north cyprus   north cyprus Icon_minitimeWed Jun 27, 2012 8:45 pm

Looks like a small hotel, just the way I prefer it and that cold beer just sitting there ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh could do with one now

theboss
Girl Power Member
theboss

north cyprus _
PostSubject: Re: north cyprus   north cyprus Icon_minitimeWed Jun 27, 2012 9:00 pm

Daryn . . . you could ALWAYS do with a cold beer . .

More like a hot toddy needed here tonight . . .

Oh . . . sorry . . . I'm messing this section up with banter again . . Embarassed
Back to top Go down
Mark
Majorca Mad
Mark

north cyprus _
PostSubject: Re: north cyprus   north cyprus Icon_minitimeWed Jun 27, 2012 9:36 pm

How do you get to North Cyprus MG? I only really know of direct flights to the Greek Cyprus end.
Back to top Go down
Mick
ALL ROUND GOOD GUY
Mick

north cyprus _
PostSubject: Re: north cyprus   north cyprus Icon_minitimeThu Jun 28, 2012 8:46 am

Thanks for sharing that with us Majorcagirl, rep as well. clap Such a shame for your OH's friend, only 19 years of age, what a waste of a very young life.

majorcagirl

north cyprus _
PostSubject: north cyprus   north cyprus Icon_minitimeThu Jun 28, 2012 10:10 am

We started going to cyprus in 2001 and there were not many hotels there then. However like spain in the 70's they started buiding more hotels an properties. However this doesn't detract from the beauty of it. Kyrenia has a harbour and the remains of a castle. The harbour front has lots of restaurants and lovely boats to go out for the day. We have done this, and while you swim off the boat the captain cooks lunch which usually turkish food with mezes etc. plus chips for those who can't live without them. The hotel we like to stay in (swimming pool)isn't very big, by the end of the first week you practically know everyone! In the photo of the staff the one with the pink tie is Zubin maitre'de of the restaurant, great guy , after a couple of days he has remembered your name. Fantastic food!.
I don't think the ex pat community is very large, as I said they only seemed to really discover tourism inthe 70's, 80's although ex service personnel have settled there.I haven't seen a british bar yet, its mostly restaurants We fly from stansted either with Pegasus to Istanbul, the onto Ercan airport. You cannot fly directly to the north as its not a recognised country, so its Istanbul where people get off, people get on, then you fly to Ercan which is the airport in the north. Sometimes we fly with Thomson or another Greek airline direct to Larnaca then its a minibus to the north which means crossing the border.
We will be returning next year, hopefully for four weeks as they do a special rate for long stays.
Re the green crocodile, he borrowed it from the chap in the money supermarket ad!!!!!
phew, that's a long post. Dragon
Back to top Go down
theboss
Girl Power Member
theboss

north cyprus _
PostSubject: Re: north cyprus   north cyprus Icon_minitimeThu Jun 28, 2012 3:05 pm

Cheers MG Cool
Back to top Go down
Mark
Majorca Mad
Mark

north cyprus _
PostSubject: Re: north cyprus   north cyprus Icon_minitimeThu Jun 28, 2012 6:19 pm

Thanks for the flight info Bee rules
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

north cyprus _
PostSubject: Re: north cyprus   north cyprus Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

north cyprus

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Welcome to the Majorca and Worldwide Travel Forum :: WORLDWIDE TRAVEL REVIEW SECTION NEW FOR 2011. EST 18/05/11 :: ENTER HERE :: CYPRUS :: HOTEL/ACCOM SECTION-
Jump to:  
Free forum | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Contact | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com