Welcome to the Majorca and Worldwide Travel Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Majorca Travel Forum / Majorca Help and Information Forum

HomeHome  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

Palma Nova, F & C BBQ

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
MOOCHER
Mad Destination Expert
MOOCHER

Palma Nova, F & C BBQ _
PostSubject: Palma Nova, F & C BBQ   Palma Nova, F & C BBQ Icon_minitimeFri Sep 03, 2010 10:44 am

F & C BBQ
SITUATED NEXT TO THE HOTEL SANTA LUCIA
eating me and mrs moocher
date ,august 20th
We have been here many times and its one of our fave restaurants
they have the large fridge outside and you can even pick which piece of meat you want then it is cooked over a olive wood bbq
we arrived at 8.30pm and asked for a table so we could look over the sand and palma nova bay we was seated and presented with menu's
we chose bread with ali oli ,1 bottle of red wine and i had the mixed bbq meat with baked pots and mrs had bbq fillet steak.our wine arrived and was well wine ,[ i am no wine buff ] mrs moocher says it was delishhh.
we was then give a big basket of fresh bread with a generous pot of very pungent ali oli .
the meals arrived after around 15 mins and again of top quality the fillet was huge and was cooked to mrs moochers exact instructions and in her words was totall bliss.i got my mixed meats and was amazed has usual at the shear ammount of meat .i made the hidious misstake of eating bread and some of the jacket pot 1st so struggled with the meat .The mixed meat was ,chicken,steak,pork steak, pork chop,lamb chop,liver,and a veal steak all cooked to perfection .
we declined sweets but i managed a cafe cortado and congac mrs moocher settled for a cup of tea .
total bill was
€57

All marks out of 10

service 9
value 9
food 9

i would highly recomend this restaurant

moocher

ALL ROUND GOOD GUY
Mick

Palma Nova, F & C BBQ _
PostSubject: Re: Palma Nova, F & C BBQ   Palma Nova, F & C BBQ Icon_minitimeFri Sep 03, 2010 10:57 am

I agree Moocher, we go there every holiday for a night out, then walk back to Magalluf, to try & work off the lovely meal. Wink Waiters as well are very professional & provide great service. Sandra is now into Fillet Steak, affraid she used to just have chicken, where has that expensive taste come from. scratch

DE/Prophet of Doom
WirralScouse

Palma Nova, F & C BBQ _
PostSubject: Re: Palma Nova, F & C BBQ   Palma Nova, F & C BBQ Icon_minitimeFri Sep 03, 2010 3:53 pm

I must say it sounds like a culinary paradise to me too.I just love a beef fillet or sirloin steak fast-grilled on an open griddle medium rare with a deliaboy portion size of thick cut chips and some french mustard on the side.A bottle of Campo Viejo Crianza or Sangre de Toro to wash it down with.Wouldn't have room for a starter or a dessert.Thanx for the review moocher.I will look this place up next month.Most attractive to me of the venues so far on our forum.And I know the location.Less than 10 minutes from Sol Mirlos.Roll on.

I have written a few restaurant and hotel reviews for TA in the past mostly in Majorca,Tirol and Provence.Where this forum is refreshingly different is it allows for printed feedback.TA don't.Therefore you cannot tell if other TA members tried it or agreed with my findings.
Back to top Go down
hoover

Palma Nova, F & C BBQ _
PostSubject: Re: Palma Nova, F & C BBQ   Palma Nova, F & C BBQ Icon_minitimeFri Jun 24, 2011 1:56 pm

We ate here on our last evening. The steaks were fantastic and we were glad we decided to do this on our last night.
Back to top Go down
Mark
Majorca Mad
Mark

Palma Nova, F & C BBQ _
PostSubject: Re: Palma Nova, F & C BBQ   Palma Nova, F & C BBQ Icon_minitimeSun Oct 09, 2011 10:54 am

We ate at the F & C BBQ one night. It's located right next to the Santa Lucia Hotel in Palmanova, on the beachfront.

Palma Nova, F & C BBQ P1000435

All the steaks are on show at the front in a fridge, you can actually pick what one you want if you like.

Palma Nova, F & C BBQ P1000436

The open BBQ is located right behind it, the charcoal smell wafting from it really gets your juices going before your meal comes.

Palma Nova, F & C BBQ P1000437

Palma Nova, F & C BBQ P1000438

There is an indoor air conditioned seating area, also outdoor area which is under cover. We chose to sit outside as it was a balmy evening, temps were still around 25 degrees at 9 pm.

Palma Nova, F & C BBQ P1000440

We ordered our steaks, didn't fancy a starter seeing the size of the steaks outside, I didn't fancy any of the wines on the list, so asked if they had anything else, the waiter bought out one of the managers own personal bottles, which was excellent. I was only charged the menu price for top wine, €12.50.

Palma Nova, F & C BBQ P1000439

When the steaks came they were cooked to perfection, we had a jacket potato with it which was a whole meal on it's own really, also cooked to perfection, soft and fluffy with no effort required, piping hot as well.
We had a Sirloin, estimated weight 16 oz.

Palma Nova, F & C BBQ P1000441

We also had a T bone, estimated weight 20 oz.

Palma Nova, F & C BBQ P1000442

A thoroughly enjoyable meal. Total cost €44.00.

The only observation to make is that where we chose to sit, with a light sea breeze coming across, had the effect of cooling the meal a little quicker than if we had been sat inside. They are big steaks and take a lot longer to eat than a more regular sized meal. Towards the end my meat had gone cold, and was harder to chew. Not the fault of the restaurant.
Highly recommended.

Back to top Go down
WirralScouse
DE/Prophet of Doom
WirralScouse

Palma Nova, F & C BBQ _
PostSubject: Re: Palma Nova, F & C BBQ   Palma Nova, F & C BBQ Icon_minitimeSun Oct 09, 2011 11:56 am

Great review Mark.I know the resto though have not tried it personally and I know moocher has recommended it on TA.But the size of those dinners affraid Selsey proportions.I would just like a 8oz fillet with a small one of those jacket potatoes and french mustard.mmmm
Back to top Go down
Mark
Majorca Mad
Mark

Palma Nova, F & C BBQ _
PostSubject: Re: Palma Nova, F & C BBQ   Palma Nova, F & C BBQ Icon_minitimeSun Oct 09, 2011 12:27 pm

Yes, they do smaller steaks as well Wirral. Also just do Lamb Chops and stuff like that.
Back to top Go down
Daryn
Admin
Daryn

Palma Nova, F & C BBQ _
PostSubject: Re: Palma Nova, F & C BBQ   Palma Nova, F & C BBQ Icon_minitimeSun Oct 09, 2011 2:29 pm

Looks nice the only thing that has put me off going there is the thickness of them steaks and me and Debbie like our cooked all the way through so we normally go for thin steaks. It looks really nice mind

Mark
Majorca Mad
Mark

Palma Nova, F & C BBQ _
PostSubject: Re: Palma Nova, F & C BBQ   Palma Nova, F & C BBQ Icon_minitimeSun Oct 09, 2011 2:44 pm

Yeah the smaller steaks were more regular thickness like you'd expect to get in the UK. I think they were Rump cuts, although they were just called 'beefsteak' (all one word like that) €8.95 each

The fillet's were - seriously - 3 inches thick lol only about 4 inches in a circle wide.
Back to top Go down
delboy
Mad Destination Expert
delboy

Palma Nova, F & C BBQ _
PostSubject: Re: Palma Nova, F & C BBQ   Palma Nova, F & C BBQ Icon_minitimeSun Oct 09, 2011 3:12 pm

Thats good value Mark they don't mention the smaller ones
Back to top Go down
Mick
ALL ROUND GOOD GUY
Mick

Palma Nova, F & C BBQ _
PostSubject: Re: Palma Nova, F & C BBQ   Palma Nova, F & C BBQ Icon_minitimeWed Oct 12, 2011 10:51 pm

Good review mate, & I strongly recommend a visit. :-bd:

DE/Prophet of Doom
WirralScouse

Palma Nova, F & C BBQ _
PostSubject: Re: Palma Nova, F & C BBQ   Palma Nova, F & C BBQ Icon_minitimeWed Oct 12, 2011 11:30 pm

I'll have one of those 3 inch thick fillet steaks please.Unlike Daryn and Debbie I don't like my steak cooked right through.I like it chargrilled on both sides,even nearly burned,and pink in between.Can even cope with red in the middle and oozing blood.I'm a Fine Old Cannibal. Razz
Back to top Go down
Mick
ALL ROUND GOOD GUY
Mick

Palma Nova, F & C BBQ _
PostSubject: Re: Palma Nova, F & C BBQ   Palma Nova, F & C BBQ Icon_minitimeSat Oct 17, 2015 12:27 pm

On our last night, we met up with Mark & Jan to have a steak. This was mine & Becky's 3rd visit. Embarassed Embarassed

We all ordered the Sirloin steak, with Peppercorn sauce, our's with chips & M & J with jacket potatoes, also with a jug of sangria.
Our food. Eat
Palma Nova, F & C BBQ 05510
The same bill, surprisingly enough. scratch
Palma Nova, F & C BBQ 05611
Great value we all thought, well worth a visit, as we had 3 times. hungry

Majorca Mad
Mark

Palma Nova, F & C BBQ _
PostSubject: Re: Palma Nova, F & C BBQ   Palma Nova, F & C BBQ Icon_minitimeSun Oct 18, 2015 11:35 pm

Yeah the Rib Eye steaks (which seem to have replaced the T Bone steaks) were still huge, we couldn't really finish them. (this was our first visit, Micks 2nd)

Palma Nova, F & C BBQ SAM_0971_zps3j3hvsph

Palma Nova, F & C BBQ SAM_0970_zpsc3shiuil

Palma Nova, F & C BBQ SAM_0969_zpsqmgvwknm

Becky had the lamb chops that night which she said were a bit scrawny.

Palma Nova, F & C BBQ SAM_0972_zpsa568iuka
Back to top Go down
4thforum

4thforum

Palma Nova, F & C BBQ _
PostSubject: Re: Palma Nova, F & C BBQ   Palma Nova, F & C BBQ Icon_minitimeSun Oct 18, 2015 11:42 pm

Palma Nova, F & C BBQ Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT9pTB6DB51cmeUW5sGne1ZYRanI0kiwG-tMEXI3oWQt_xBmFKPPalma Nova, F & C BBQ Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT9pTB6DB51cmeUW5sGne1ZYRanI0kiwG-tMEXI3oWQt_xBmFKPPalma Nova, F & C BBQ Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT9pTB6DB51cmeUW5sGne1ZYRanI0kiwG-tMEXI3oWQt_xBmFKP
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Palma Nova, F & C BBQ _
PostSubject: Re: Palma Nova, F & C BBQ   Palma Nova, F & C BBQ Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Palma Nova, F & C BBQ

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Welcome to the Majorca and Worldwide Travel Forum :: MAJORCA SECTION :: MAJORCA ACCOMMODATION / MAJORCA RESORT REVIEW SECTIONS :: PALMA NOVA :: PALMA NOVA BARS/RESTAURANTS-
Jump to:  
Forumotion's free forums | © phpBB | Free forum support | Contact | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com