Welcome to the Majorca and Worldwide Travel Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Majorca Travel Forum / Majorca Help and Information Forum

HomeHome  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

Santa Ponsa in October

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
wullie

Santa Ponsa in October _
PostSubject: Santa Ponsa in October   Santa Ponsa in October Icon_minitimeSun Jun 24, 2012 6:57 am

Hi
Was thinking about going to Santa Ponsa in October for a week. Is the place closed down to any degree ( my partner and I are both in our mid forties so not looking for clubs, just bars, restaurants etc ) and what is the weather like at this time of year. We also cheecked out the Holiday Apartment Centre in SP anyone stayed there ?
Thanks
Wullie
Back to top Go down
Mark
Majorca Mad
Mark

Santa Ponsa in October _
PostSubject: Re: Santa Ponsa in October   Santa Ponsa in October Icon_minitimeSun Jun 24, 2012 8:47 am

It's the million dollar question wullie, in October, at some point, the weather changes from summer to autumn, and it could be in any of the weeks. We traditionally go in the first week of October and it's normally still scorchio.
Santa Ponsa, like all the other resorts, will start running down during October, mostly will be closed up by November, but early Oct they'll still be plenty open for food and a few drinks at night.
Haven't stayed at that hotel so can't help.
Back to top Go down
Mick
ALL ROUND GOOD GUY
Mick

Santa Ponsa in October _
PostSubject: Re: Santa Ponsa in October   Santa Ponsa in October Icon_minitimeSun Jun 24, 2012 11:25 am

Like Mark, I have been to Mallorca for the last 6 years in October, & weather has been very good. I normally stay in Magaluf, & again like Mark says, there are bars & restaurants closing down after the first & into the second week, so most if not all should be open up until then. But regular SP visitors like Britchick, Chelsearo & Roymelt plus others, would be able to give you an idea of what should still be open during October Wullie, after they have read your thread.

Santa Ponsa in October _
PostSubject: Re: Santa Ponsa in October   Santa Ponsa in October Icon_minitimeMon Jun 25, 2012 5:49 am

Thanks guys, food for thought.
Back to top Go down
Mick
ALL ROUND GOOD GUY
Mick

Santa Ponsa in October _
PostSubject: Re: Santa Ponsa in October   Santa Ponsa in October Icon_minitimeMon Jun 25, 2012 9:10 am

Whatever you do Wullie, have a great time mate. Thumsup

Santa Ponsa in October _
PostSubject: Re: Santa Ponsa in October   Santa Ponsa in October Icon_minitimeMon Jun 25, 2012 9:15 am

Hopefully we will be going out to SP again in October half term, as mentioned, the weather can still be good. Its quite a nice relaxed month but plenty open.

Dont know much about those apartments though mate.

Ro
Back to top Go down
Daryn
Admin
Daryn

Santa Ponsa in October _
PostSubject: Re: Santa Ponsa in October   Santa Ponsa in October Icon_minitimeMon Jun 25, 2012 10:52 am

MEEEEEEEEEE TOOOOOOOOO always loved October and been very lucky with the weather, last year pheeeeeeeeeew very hot in Maga and Palma Nova with plenty bars restaurants open, roll on first week again this year clap

Britchick
Destination Expert
Britchick

Santa Ponsa in October _
PostSubject: Re: Santa Ponsa in October   Santa Ponsa in October Icon_minitimeMon Jun 25, 2012 12:41 pm

I'm thinking of going October half term too Ro, although its very late for them breaking up this year My littlun finishes 26 October, so can't go until the next day.
Although things are winding down or closed, there are still quite a few places open all year round, as lots of people live in Santa Ponsa. I have been out of season plenty of times and there is always something to do and if the weather is nice, it's lovely and relaxing.
Back to top Go down
chelsearo

Santa Ponsa in October _
PostSubject: Re: Santa Ponsa in October   Santa Ponsa in October Icon_minitimeMon Jun 25, 2012 12:55 pm

I didnt realise half term was that late in October!

When we have gone in the past, it is a nice chilled atmosphere, locals winding down for the year.
Back to top Go down
Britchick
Destination Expert
Britchick

Santa Ponsa in October _
PostSubject: Re: Santa Ponsa in October   Santa Ponsa in October Icon_minitimeMon Jun 25, 2012 1:06 pm

I thought the flights would be dead cheap too, because its so late in the season, but alas, no. I think i will still end up going though, because I have got things i want to take over. And we might get some lovely sun, i think i have always had nice weather in October
Back to top Go down
chelsearo

Santa Ponsa in October _
PostSubject: Re: Santa Ponsa in October   Santa Ponsa in October Icon_minitimeMon Jun 25, 2012 1:25 pm

Ive a couple of scooters to take over!!

Back to top Go down
Mick
ALL ROUND GOOD GUY
Mick

Santa Ponsa in October _
PostSubject: Re: Santa Ponsa in October   Santa Ponsa in October Icon_minitimeMon Jun 25, 2012 1:34 pm

chelsearo wrote:
Ive a couple of scooters to take over!!

What like these Ro? eek

Santa Ponsa in October Lambre10
Santa Ponsa in October Vespa_10

rolling laughing rolling laughing rolling laughing rolling laughing

Santa Ponsa in October _
PostSubject: Re: Santa Ponsa in October   Santa Ponsa in October Icon_minitimeMon Jun 25, 2012 1:45 pm

No Mick, reckon easyjet may charge for heavy lugge on them !!!!!

I was going to post a picture of a motorbility scooter (well i was 41 on saturday) but couldn't do it!!!

Back to top Go down
Mick
ALL ROUND GOOD GUY
Mick

Santa Ponsa in October _
PostSubject: Re: Santa Ponsa in October   Santa Ponsa in October Icon_minitimeMon Jun 25, 2012 3:52 pm

chelsearo wrote:
No Mick, reckon easyjet may charge for heavy lugge on them !!!!!

I was going to post a picture of a motorbility scooter (well i was 41 on saturday) but couldn't do it!!!

Plenty of them in & around Magaluf/Palma Nova Ro. eek Santa Ponsa in October Unname11

Santa Ponsa in October _
PostSubject: Re: Santa Ponsa in October   Santa Ponsa in October Icon_minitimeTue Jun 26, 2012 5:50 am

I am really hoping to be able to take a holiday in October. I run a ground maintenance business and although not as busy by then can't guarentee to be able to get away. Here's hoping.
Back to top Go down
Daryn
Admin
Daryn

Santa Ponsa in October _
PostSubject: Re: Santa Ponsa in October   Santa Ponsa in October Icon_minitimeTue Jun 26, 2012 4:29 pm

We all need a break but work comes first, fingers crossed you can ballance it all out

Sponsored content

Santa Ponsa in October _
PostSubject: Re: Santa Ponsa in October   Santa Ponsa in October Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Santa Ponsa in October

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Welcome to the Majorca and Worldwide Travel Forum :: MAJORCA SECTION :: MAJORCA / HELP / ADVICE / QUESTIONS AND ANSWERS-
Jump to:  
Create a forum on Forumotion | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Contact | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com