Welcome to the Majorca and Worldwide Travel Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Majorca Travel Forum / Majorca Help and Information Forum

HomeHome  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

H's Holiday

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
Hayzer
ALL ROUND DESTINATION EXPERT
Hayzer

H's Holiday - Page 6 _
PostSubject: Re: H's Holiday   H's Holiday - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 28, 2012 9:44 am

Well it was a real scorcher yesterday with balmy very humid night temperature, too hot to lie out in the afternoon so we headed out in the car. We drove through the flat plain area around Sa Pobla and visited a couple of the local towns. As it was siesta time there was very little sign of life to be seen in those towns. We had a wander round the small town of Santa Margalida. It was a typical small Mallorcan town with streets lined with houses with all the shutters on the windows and doors closed giving the feeling that the town is deserted. The only exception was in the town square which had a couple of cafes and bars but other than a couple of old men reading the papers there was nobody around.

The afternoon temperature in the town was 34.5 degrees.

H's Holiday - Page 6 P1000629

H's Holiday - Page 6 P1000637

H's Holiday - Page 6 P1000628

H's Holiday - Page 6 P1000631

H's Holiday - Page 6 P1000630

H's Holiday - Page 6 P1000632

Views aross the plains

H's Holiday - Page 6 P1000635

H's Holiday - Page 6 P1000634

H's Holiday - Page 6 P1000633

Last edited by Hayzer on Thu Jun 28, 2012 5:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Mick
ALL ROUND GOOD GUY
Mick

H's Holiday - Page 6 _
PostSubject: Re: H's Holiday   H's Holiday - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 28, 2012 9:47 am

Stunning photo's there H, a rep from me. clap clap So typically Spanish, but you just needed tumble weed blowing across mate. eek Great to see a blue & cloudless sky, you lucky devils. cheers

DadsBarmy

H's Holiday - Page 6 _
PostSubject: Re: H's Holiday   H's Holiday - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 28, 2012 10:01 am

How can that be Mallorca, there's not a blooming Donkey in sight?!
It is surprising how closing the shutters and opening the windows in these old Mallorcan proppertys
really keeps them cool during the heat of the day
Back to top Go down
theboss
Girl Power Member
theboss

H's Holiday - Page 6 _
PostSubject: Re: H's Holiday   H's Holiday - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 28, 2012 3:02 pm

Gosh - that town is certainly deserted . . .

Next time - don't tell them you are coming . . . Wink
Back to top Go down
Hayzer
Hayzer

H's Holiday - Page 6 _
PostSubject: Re: H's Holiday   H's Holiday - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 28, 2012 3:38 pm

theboss wrote:
Gosh - that town is certainly deserted . . .

Next time - don't tell them you are coming . . . Wink

Ta boom tish clap

Hayzer

H's Holiday - Page 6 _
PostSubject: Re: H's Holiday   H's Holiday - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 28, 2012 4:06 pm

Note to self.....................

Pay heed to previous note about leaving towels and books on sun loungers next to sprinklers Embarassed

H's Holiday - Page 6 P1000638

Girl Power Member
theboss

H's Holiday - Page 6 _
PostSubject: Re: H's Holiday   H's Holiday - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 28, 2012 4:43 pm

As captain Mannering would say . . .

You stupid boy . . . Wink
Back to top Go down
Hayzer
Hayzer

H's Holiday - Page 6 _
PostSubject: Re: H's Holiday   H's Holiday - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 28, 2012 5:20 pm

theboss wrote:

scratch

Ahh you mean Captain Mainwaring Wink

So Unlike me

Admin
Daryn

H's Holiday - Page 6 _
PostSubject: Re: H's Holiday   H's Holiday - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 28, 2012 5:26 pm

Lovely little town nice and clean, was it shut.

theboss
Girl Power Member
theboss

H's Holiday - Page 6 _
PostSubject: Re: H's Holiday   H's Holiday - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 28, 2012 5:58 pm

Hayzer wrote:
theboss wrote:

scratch

Ahh you mean Captain Mainwaring Wink

So Unlike me

Et tu Brute . . . .

Ding Ding . . . round 2 H's Holiday - Page 6 3903282828
Back to top Go down
Mark
Majorca Mad
Mark

H's Holiday - Page 6 _
PostSubject: Re: H's Holiday   H's Holiday - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 28, 2012 6:15 pm

Love the pictures H, rep from me. The town looks like Binnisalem. I suppose all of these small towns, with a town square around a large church, are going to have similarities.
Back to top Go down
Hayzer
Hayzer

H's Holiday - Page 6 _
PostSubject: Re: H's Holiday   H's Holiday - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 29, 2012 9:03 am

theboss wrote:
Gosh . . . maybe you could broker a deal for me next year . . . . Wink

I am sure Juan would do you a good deal Very Happy

Last edited by Hayzer on Fri Jun 29, 2012 11:43 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Hayzer
Hayzer

H's Holiday - Page 6 _
PostSubject: Re: H's Holiday   H's Holiday - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 29, 2012 9:06 am

MikePlatt wrote:
Great stuff Hayzer, not far from where I stayed.
You are not far from that cafe with the giant nude violinist with the big willy!
Enjoy
MIKE

This one you mean Mike

H's Holiday - Page 6 P1000639

Girl Power Member
roamer

H's Holiday - Page 6 _
PostSubject: Re: H's Holiday   H's Holiday - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 29, 2012 9:29 am

Is that big Mike scratch Who are you comparing it with. smile
Back to top Go down
http://fiona-king.co.uk
delboy
Mad Destination Expert
delboy

H's Holiday - Page 6 _
PostSubject: Re: H's Holiday   H's Holiday - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 29, 2012 9:31 am

phew just got through the story so far H, sounds like your both having a good time, loving the story so far. clap clap All my orange markers have disappeared thanks to windows logging me off Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
theboss
Girl Power Member
theboss

H's Holiday - Page 6 _
PostSubject: Re: H's Holiday   H's Holiday - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 29, 2012 11:20 am

And Joan is . . . . ? Shocked
Back to top Go down
Hayzer
Hayzer

H's Holiday - Page 6 _
PostSubject: Re: H's Holiday   H's Holiday - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 29, 2012 11:42 am

theboss wrote:
And Juan is . . . . ? Shocked

Opps

Juan Manuel Burguera who owns the Villa, was speaking with him this morning and he has had an enquiry from someone wanting to rent the villa for the next 6 years. It would mean income all year round and not just in the peak season so he is giving it some consideration. He would prefer o have just normal holiday rentals but a steady stream of income may be too tempting.

Girl Power Member
theboss

H's Holiday - Page 6 _
PostSubject: Re: H's Holiday   H's Holiday - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 29, 2012 4:13 pm

Hayzer wrote:
theboss wrote:
And Juan is . . . . ? Shocked

Opps

Juan Manuel Burguera who owns the Villa, was speaking with him this morning and he has had an enquiry from someone wanting to rent the villa for the next 6 years. It would mean income all year round and not just in the peak season so he is giving it some consideration. He would prefer o have just normal holiday rentals but a steady stream of income may be too tempting.

Tell them to Burguer off and rent it to me . . . Very Happy

Must have A/C though . .

And a plaque on the wall reminding occupants to remove their towels/books before sprinkler time . . lol!
Back to top Go down
Mick
ALL ROUND GOOD GUY
Mick

H's Holiday - Page 6 _
PostSubject: Re: H's Holiday   H's Holiday - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 29, 2012 6:53 pm

I am not surprised that they want to rent it H, it is a smashing looking place.

H's Holiday - Page 6 _
PostSubject: Re: H's Holiday   H's Holiday - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 30, 2012 12:14 am

Villa looks superb, (loving the fashion display at the door before heading out each evening. Very Happy ) I loved alcudia old town and the nearby Pollensa old town when we holiday in Puerta Pollensa a couple of years ago.

Id love a holiday just like this when our children fly the nest. violin
Back to top Go down
theboss
Girl Power Member
theboss

H's Holiday - Page 6 _
PostSubject: Re: H's Holiday   H's Holiday - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 30, 2012 12:25 am

How far apart are Puerto Pollensa/ Alcudia/ Alcudia old town? I'm a bit confused re: the proximity . .

Also . . .which is the most 'rustic' place to stay? . .

Would you go there again H?

I remember years ago, someone I knew visited Alcudia and said that the mozzies were horrendous . . . could have been near a fresh water lake or something . .
Back to top Go down
theboss
Girl Power Member
theboss

H's Holiday - Page 6 _
PostSubject: Re: H's Holiday   H's Holiday - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 30, 2012 12:28 am

ianb wrote:
Villa looks superb, (loving the fashion display at the door before heading out each evening. Very Happy ) I loved alcudia old town and the nearby Pollensa old town when we holiday in Puerta Pollensa a couple of years ago.

Id love a holiday just like this when our children fly the nest. H's Holiday - Page 6 3247107148

That's the struggle . . . isn't it . . . meeting different needs . . H's Holiday - Page 6 3247107148

But who is paying . . cheers
Back to top Go down
delboy
Mad Destination Expert
delboy

H's Holiday - Page 6 _
PostSubject: Re: H's Holiday   H's Holiday - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 30, 2012 8:46 am

It's paying the piper to hear a nice tune rather than hearing "what can we do Dad" affraid
Back to top Go down
Hayzer
Hayzer

H's Holiday - Page 6 _
PostSubject: Re: H's Holiday   H's Holiday - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 30, 2012 9:42 am

theboss wrote:
How far apart are Puerto Pollensa/ Alcudia/ Alcudia old town? I'm a bit confused re: the proximity . .

Also . . .which is the most 'rustic' place to stay? . .

Would you go there again H?

I remember years ago, someone I knew visited Alcudia and said that the mozzies were horrendous . . . could have been near a fresh water lake or something . .

Hi Boss, Puerto Pollenca is about 5 miles from Alcudia old town and the port\resort of Alcudia, there is a great bus service connecting all the North east coast resorts. You also have the old town of Pollenca about 3 miles in from the port and is another option for those looking for something a bit more rustic. I always thought the old town of Pollenca and Soller were very touristy and Alcudia old town had a bit more of a local character. However over the years we have been coming to the old town we have seen it become a lot more commercial with lots of bars restaurants and shops aimed at tourists. It used to be that you only really saw tourists on market days but that is not really the case these day

Mosquito's can be a problem in the area but as it has been so hot and dry lately it hasn't been such a problem, we did have a few bites but bought a repellent spray and that works very well.

I would and probably will come back here, my only criticism is it is too close to the town and you do get a bit of noise from traffic and the stables next door, it would be nicer if it was another half mile or so out of town.

One other thing that may be an issue for families is the villa has an open plan main bedroom which looks over the living area so not the best for privacy but apart from that

Have a look at the link below for google maps

http://maps.google.es/maps?hl=en&q=map+of+pollenca+bay&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.,cf.osb&biw=1024&bih=403&wrapid=tlif134104397812510&um=1&ie=UTF-8&sa=N&tab=wl

Hayzer

H's Holiday - Page 6 _
PostSubject: Re: H's Holiday   H's Holiday - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 30, 2012 1:24 pm

Oh bu**er

My camera battery died yesterday cry i haven't taken nearly as many pictures this year but it seemed to go from full charge to zero very quickly. I had taken the decision to leave the charger at home Embarassed

So plan B

Mrs H's iphone cheers and quite decent pictures it takes as well.

Tset picture.

H's Holiday - Page 6 Img_0015

Some pics I took on the town walls today

H's Holiday - Page 6 Img_0016

H's Holiday - Page 6 Img_0017

H's Holiday - Page 6 Img_0018

H's Holiday - Page 6 Img_0019

H's Holiday - Page 6 Img_0020

H's Holiday - Page 6 Img_0021

H's Holiday - Page 6 Img_0111

H's Holiday - Page 6 Img_0112

H's Holiday - Page 6 _
PostSubject: Re: H's Holiday   H's Holiday - Page 6 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

H's Holiday

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 6 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Welcome to the Majorca and Worldwide Travel Forum :: MAJORCA SECTION :: MAJORCA ACCOMMODATION / MAJORCA RESORT REVIEW SECTIONS :: ALCUDIA (includes Puerto de Alcudia)-
Jump to:  
Free forum | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Contact | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com