Welcome to the Majorca and Worldwide Travel Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Majorca Travel Forum / Majorca Help and Information Forum

HomeHome  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

hotel in Magaluf / Palma Nova with young child

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
mac

mac

hotel in Magaluf / Palma Nova with young child - Page 2 _
PostSubject: Re: hotel in Magaluf / Palma Nova with young child   hotel in Magaluf / Palma Nova with young child - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 18, 2012 12:54 pm

No decision yet, still pondering and looking at options, we are slightly worried that it will be around 6 months when Molly is being weaned around this time, so we need to look at the practicalities of that. I have costed 5 nights at the end of September, we want the ground floor appartments at the viva if possible, space for all of us and safe for junior.
Back to top Go down
chelsearo

PostSubject: Re: hotel in Magaluf / Palma Nova with young child   hotel in Magaluf / Palma Nova with young child - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 18, 2012 1:31 pm

Mac, whatever you decide it will be fine. Little ones are probably better catered for than in the UK, they love them over there!!

Back to top Go down
Daryn
Admin
Daryn

PostSubject: Re: hotel in Magaluf / Palma Nova with young child   hotel in Magaluf / Palma Nova with young child - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 18, 2012 2:59 pm

Our Kate was ok with the baby food jars in Spain. I think if you plan now where you can buy them from and have all that in place first then it will be more piece of mind for you. There is a chemist just along from them Apartments and a private doctors. We have phone numbers and contacts for local hospitals on my Daryns travel tips section, which reminds me I must check all them and make sure nothing has changed.

They have nice clean kitchens in them apartments and lots of space, a ground floor would be a good move but saying that the balconys are solid with no gaps so she wouldnt be able to get through unless she can climb lol, but yes a ground floor still better for piece of mind.

Anything you want us to find out for you Mac then let us know and we will try our best for you.

Check out the health section on the new stickie at the top of this section (WHAT YOU SHOULD KNOW BEFORE YOU TRAVEL / TRAVEL TIPS AND TRICKS PLEASE TAKE LOOK) the health part of this post is brilliant piece of info and was given to us by SILVERTYNE.

Here is the direct link to the WHAT YOU SHOULD KNOW BEFORE YOU TRAVEL / TRAVEL TIPS AND TRICKS PLEASE TAKE LOOK section https://majorcaforum.forumotion.com/t7786-what-you-should-know-before-you-travel-travel-tips-and-tricks-please-take-look

Daryn
Admin
Daryn

PostSubject: Re: hotel in Magaluf / Palma Nova with young child   hotel in Magaluf / Palma Nova with young child - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 18, 2012 4:15 pm

Mac Ive started looking into where to get baby products close to where you are, Ive came across this for starters which could come in handy for you

http://www.babyabroad-mallorca.com/

Mercadonna (Supermarket) / Centro Commercial Son Caliu, 07184 Son Caliu. Son Caliu is the next resort along from Palma Nova, you can walk into it but is not much in a taxi

Eroski Supermarkets which there is one in Palma Nova sells baby food also http://www.compraonline.grupoeroski.com/ecoventa/tienda/tienda.jsp

Ive also been told there is a supermarket opposite the Son Matias that sells all the english baby food brands and nappies. So thats not far from the Viva Palma Nova Apts, about 5/10 minutes walk.

Hope this helps

mac

mac

PostSubject: Re: hotel in Magaluf / Palma Nova with young child   hotel in Magaluf / Palma Nova with young child - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 12, 2012 6:41 pm

all booked, we just need to figure out how to get from the airport to the hotel, I guess taxi will be our chosen option, but is there anything we need to watch out for? do we agree the fee beforehand and what sort of money are we looking at? any info on this would be much appreciated.
Back to top Go down
Mick
ALL ROUND GOOD GUY
Mick

PostSubject: Re: hotel in Magaluf / Palma Nova with young child   hotel in Magaluf / Palma Nova with young child - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 12, 2012 7:04 pm

I would go with Galitrans Mac, their contact details are on the main page of the Forum & we all get a discount. Have used them 2 or 3 times now, like many other members on here, & I am sure they would strongly recommend them as well mate.

Majorca Mad
Mark

PostSubject: Re: hotel in Magaluf / Palma Nova with young child   hotel in Magaluf / Palma Nova with young child - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 12, 2012 11:34 pm

Private transfer with Galitrans mac, it's a little cheaper than a taxi but it's a better service, no hurtling down the fast lane of the motorway by a mad spaniard taxi driver or nothing.
Most of us have used them and no-one's had a duff trip or anything before.
Back to top Go down
mac

mac

PostSubject: Re: hotel in Magaluf / Palma Nova with young child   hotel in Magaluf / Palma Nova with young child - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 13, 2012 8:10 am

thanks for that, do I need to book it in advance of are they based at the airport? I am not so worried about travel with junior now, we have just been to France and back which meant the best part of a day traveling each way and 3 train journeys and she was really good. Fingers crossed she will be the same again flying, and it's only 2h 40mins of screaming to cope with if not!
Back to top Go down
Mick
ALL ROUND GOOD GUY
Mick

PostSubject: Re: hotel in Magaluf / Palma Nova with young child   hotel in Magaluf / Palma Nova with young child - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 13, 2012 8:39 am

Book in advance Mac, as you pay the driver on arrival at your apartments. When you get to Arrivals in Palma, the Galitrans driver will be there to meet you all, with a name board. Then he/she will take you to the car, & 20 minutes later you are in Palma Nova, happy days.

Majorca Mad
Mark

PostSubject: Re: hotel in Magaluf / Palma Nova with young child   hotel in Magaluf / Palma Nova with young child - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 13, 2012 10:43 pm

As Mick says Mac.

What hotel are you booked with?
Back to top Go down
mac

mac

PostSubject: Re: hotel in Magaluf / Palma Nova with young child   hotel in Magaluf / Palma Nova with young child - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 13, 2012 11:01 pm

thanks for the info, sounds like the safest option. We are at the Viva Palmanova.
Back to top Go down
Mark
Majorca Mad
Mark

PostSubject: Re: hotel in Magaluf / Palma Nova with young child   hotel in Magaluf / Palma Nova with young child - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 13, 2012 11:02 pm

A good few of us are in the hotel next door to you Mac Thumsup
Back to top Go down
Daryn
Admin
Daryn

PostSubject: Re: hotel in Magaluf / Palma Nova with young child   hotel in Magaluf / Palma Nova with young child - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 19, 2012 4:23 pm

I went to Viva Palma Nova to take a look last week and it still to me is the best place to be with a young child, everyone just looked so relaxed around the pool.

mac

mac

PostSubject: Re: hotel in Magaluf / Palma Nova with young child   hotel in Magaluf / Palma Nova with young child - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 19, 2012 10:23 pm

Daryn wrote:
I went to Viva Palma Nova to take a look last week and it still to me is the best place to be with a young child, everyone just looked so relaxed around the pool.

That sounds good, we are looking forward to it and there's not too long to wait.
Back to top Go down
Daryn
Admin
Daryn

PostSubject: Re: hotel in Magaluf / Palma Nova with young child   hotel in Magaluf / Palma Nova with young child - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 29, 2012 4:42 pm

Mac thinking of the baby here, Debs has reported that there seems to be alot of mozzies at the sabboners, this complex is next to the viva Palma nova apartment's, we are not sure if the fault is just at that complex or in the palma nova area as a whole so take plenty of precautions mate.

PaulaE

PostSubject: Re: hotel in Magaluf / Palma Nova with young child   hotel in Magaluf / Palma Nova with young child - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 18, 2013 5:55 pm

We stayed at the Sol Mirlos a few years back now. Ideal for kids and just a short walk to the beach. We got a great price going the beginning of September.
Back to top Go down
Daryn
Admin
Daryn

PostSubject: Re: hotel in Magaluf / Palma Nova with young child   hotel in Magaluf / Palma Nova with young child - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 18, 2013 6:40 pm

We were there in July I enjoyed it as you say great family hotel

Mark
Majorca Mad
Mark

PostSubject: Re: hotel in Magaluf / Palma Nova with young child   hotel in Magaluf / Palma Nova with young child - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 18, 2013 9:36 pm

I'm going back in July ner-ner moonie poketong lol!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: hotel in Magaluf / Palma Nova with young child   hotel in Magaluf / Palma Nova with young child - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

hotel in Magaluf / Palma Nova with young child

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Welcome to the Majorca and Worldwide Travel Forum :: MAJORCA SECTION :: MAJORCA / HELP / ADVICE / QUESTIONS AND ANSWERS-
Jump to:  
Free forum | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Contact | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com