Welcome to the Majorca and Worldwide Travel Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Majorca Travel Forum / Majorca Help and Information Forum

HomeHome  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

Second hand shop in palmanova?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
supercom

Second hand shop in palmanova? _
PostSubject: Second hand shop in palmanova?   Second hand shop in palmanova? Icon_minitimeTue May 08, 2012 3:02 pm

Hi all,

Does anyone know of any second hand shops in palmanova or anywhere near by? I am a huge fan of old game boy games and usually stock up on them when I go abroad, as most second hand shops have them at bargain prices...

Ive dragged the wife around but cannot find any at all, or indeed any generic electrical shops that stock mp3 players, cameras, video games etc.

We are currently in palmanova but anywhere fairly local would be great!

Many thanks
Charlie
Back to top Go down
Mick
ALL ROUND GOOD GUY
Mick

PostSubject: Re: Second hand shop in palmanova?   Second hand shop in palmanova? Icon_minitimeTue May 08, 2012 3:25 pm

One of our members used to live out in Palma Nova, & I have texted him, to try & help answer your question Supercom. So hopefully when he gets my text he will log on to help you.

DadsBarmy

PostSubject: Re: Second hand shop in palmanova?   Second hand shop in palmanova? Icon_minitimeTue May 08, 2012 4:11 pm

Hi Supercom, last year I remember passing one on "Carrer de Miquel dels Sants Oliver"
which is close to a Liddles supermarket
Back to top Go down
supercom

PostSubject: -   Second hand shop in palmanova? Icon_minitimeTue May 08, 2012 5:28 pm

Thanks for the response :-) is the lidls in palmanova? If so, is it accessible on foot? We are in palmanova palace hotel which is about a ten min walk for palmanova centre...
Back to top Go down
Mick
ALL ROUND GOOD GUY
Mick

PostSubject: Re: Second hand shop in palmanova?   Second hand shop in palmanova? Icon_minitimeTue May 08, 2012 5:39 pm

Have heard back from our member Supercom. There is one in Palma Nova opposite the school at the top of Avenida de Playa, & one in Magaluf at the back of the Cottage Bar in Avenida S'olivera Opposite McDonalds. I hope this helps.

PostSubject: Re: Second hand shop in palmanova?   Second hand shop in palmanova? Icon_minitimeWed May 09, 2012 1:32 pm

Mick wrote:
Have heard back from our member Supercom. There is one in Palma Nova opposite the school at the top of Avenida de Playa, & one in Magaluf at the back of the Cottage Bar in Avenida S'olivera Opposite McDonalds. I hope this helps.

Thanks for all your suggestions. We found the one by the cottage bar and then another one just down the road. Unfortunatly, there were no game boy games in sight... I will have a look at the one opposite the school and try and find the lidl one to....
Back to top Go down
Daryn
Admin
Daryn

PostSubject: Re: Second hand shop in palmanova?   Second hand shop in palmanova? Icon_minitimeWed May 09, 2012 3:13 pm

If you go to the strip in Magaluf we used to buy gameboy games at a pretty cheap price in the camera/electrical shop, the cartridges had sometimes a 100 games on one, unreal, we bought one before with all the old arcade games like space invaders, defender ,pacman etc loved it.

delboy
Mad Destination Expert
delboy

PostSubject: Re: Second hand shop in palmanova?   Second hand shop in palmanova? Icon_minitimeWed May 09, 2012 4:45 pm

I think we have paperboy
Back to top Go down
supercom

PostSubject: Re: Second hand shop in palmanova?   Second hand shop in palmanova? Icon_minitimeWed May 09, 2012 5:18 pm

Daryn wrote:
If you go to the strip in Magaluf we used to buy gameboy games at a pretty cheap price in the camera/electrical shop, the cartridges had sometimes a 100 games on one, unreal, we bought one before with all the old arcade games like space invaders, defender ,pacman etc loved it.

Those are the games I am after... Back in the 90's, the shops in the canaries used to sell them openly but then a few years later they went from the shop windows and you had to ask for them as the government must have clamped down on them, due to the legality issue behind them.

I have been collecting the old bootleg game boy stuff since the early/mid 90's and have amassed quite a collection. I had a video off all the game boy bootleg stuff I own on youtube, and as far as I know, I have the largest collection of multicart gb games in the uk. A right geeky old hobby! But one I still enjoy...

As this is my first time in Palmanova, I have noticed that compared to the canary islands, there are pretty much no electronics shops. There are hundreds of them over there, but only seen one here on the strip. Is there a reason for this? I was after an ipod and a 3ds but no joy yet...

Last edited by supercom on Thu May 10, 2012 10:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Daryn
Admin
Daryn

PostSubject: Re: Second hand shop in palmanova?   Second hand shop in palmanova? Icon_minitimeWed May 09, 2012 6:59 pm

Ive got to say when we were in Tenerife last year I looked in the many electronic shop's Im a bit of a geek as well lol, mostly radio though, I found things were much cheaper in the UK than over there, I couldnt believe the difference in price.

Have you tried this site http://www.gameboymulticarts.com/gameboy_advance_multicarts.htm

Mick
ALL ROUND GOOD GUY
Mick

PostSubject: Re: Second hand shop in palmanova?   Second hand shop in palmanova? Icon_minitimeThu May 10, 2012 8:27 am

Glad we have been of some help Supercom. clap clap A rep for being a geek like Daryn mate. wink

Majorca Mad
Mark

PostSubject: Re: Second hand shop in palmanova?   Second hand shop in palmanova? Icon_minitimeThu May 10, 2012 8:50 pm

The electronics in the Canaries are more wider due to it being duty free supercom.

But with the currect exchange rate it's not really any better buying out there now.

And Lidl is just around the corner from the palmanova Palace. Walk down to the roundabout and keep going, it's on your left after about 10 mins walk.
Back to top Go down
supercom

PostSubject: Re: Second hand shop in palmanova?   Second hand shop in palmanova? Icon_minitimeThu May 10, 2012 10:17 pm

Cheers mate,

I have been to 3 second hand shops so far, but the have all been charity shops, so yet to find anything decent in them. I will check out the one opposite lidl's tomorrow and will give up my search after that as no hooky gsme boy games anywhere :-)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Second hand shop in palmanova?   Second hand shop in palmanova? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Second hand shop in palmanova?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Welcome to the Majorca and Worldwide Travel Forum :: MAJORCA SECTION :: MAJORCA / HELP / ADVICE / QUESTIONS AND ANSWERS-
Jump to:  
Free forum | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Contact | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com