Welcome to the Majorca and Worldwide Travel Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Majorca Travel Forum / Majorca Help and Information Forum

HomeHome  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

Magaluf, Tom Brown's Sports Bar

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
MOOCHER
Mad Destination Expert
MOOCHER

Magaluf, Tom Brown's Sports Bar  _
PostSubject: Magaluf, Tom Brown's Sports Bar    Magaluf, Tom Brown's Sports Bar  Icon_minitimeSat Aug 21, 2010 9:09 pm

We have eaten here twice in the last 3 weeks i am submitting the best review
sunday 8th august
eating 5 of the moocher clan
We arrived and picked a table and was offered a menu each and asked if we would like to order a drink
now for those that dont know tom browns offers a free drink with certain meals after a set time so in the past ive ordered and paid for a drink only to find i got one free also ,so we asked our waitress if we could decide what we was eating 1st .we all decided and ordered and 3 of us did get free drinks with our meals .i had the roast beef dinner has did mrs moocher daughter had lasagne with garlic bread daughter in law had lasagne also and son had gammon with chips .the free drinks offered was water,soft drink,lager,or wine all 3 chose red wine .
the roast beef dinner was of very poor quality the yorkshire pudding was soggy the plates was swimming in water where the carrots and peas had not been drained .the mash was lumpy and stodgy and a gravy was smothered over the dinner that was cold and mixed with the veg water
the gammon was cooked nice and served with chips and i was told it was superb both the lasagne was very nice but we twice had to ask for the garlic bread for both and 1 portion came after the meal was finished .
Both me and mrs moocher didnt eat all the roast dinner in fact more was left than eaten we was asked when the waitress came to clear our table if there was anything wrong with the dinners we told her she just said oh and thats the last we heard .the free drink was a red wine served in a carafe now im not a wine buff but i could not drink any f it niether could the wife but the son polished it all off
all points are out of 10

service 7
food 5
value 5

i have to say the breakfasts at tom browns offer great value and are always very well cooked and nice but in my opinion only they have lost their way on the dinners

moocher

DE/Prophet of Doom
WirralScouse

PostSubject: Re: Magaluf, Tom Brown's Sports Bar    Magaluf, Tom Brown's Sports Bar  Icon_minitimeSat Aug 21, 2010 10:29 pm

I don't know much about Magalluf but it's good to get an occasional report that is broadly negative rather than the Yes Yes Yes brigade.I suspect moocher and his family are more generous in their tastes than I am.But what I don't like,but I know it is the norm,is frozen food microwaved (veg).
Back to top Go down
Daryn
Admin
Daryn

PostSubject: Re: Magaluf, Tom Brown's Sports Bar    Magaluf, Tom Brown's Sports Bar  Icon_minitimeSun Aug 22, 2010 5:39 am

We have been in Tom Browns a few times and last year we went for the October meet up we ate there everyday and I have to say the breakfasts were brilliant, and all the other meals were really nice too. Now Tom Browns has several places to choose and the one we used last October was just up from McDonalds and has the small crazy golf ,but they have another on the side of Magalluf Park hotel and me and my friends went there once and had the worst meal Ive ever had, and also the lager was disgusting I sent the lager back and they said they had give us fresh ones but I watched and they tipped some out and topped them up which was still bad, I sent them back again and said I wasnt very happy and they offered us Carling instead of the local beer which was fair enough again I got up and watched them tip half the beer out and top it up. We finished most of our meals and they give us the bill which I replied Im not paying for that Pee water as we all left it ,and I told him I watched what he had done ,they deducted it from the bill and we never went back. How can one be really good and the other crap.If it was my business I wouldnt want any negative feed back and would always try my very best to make it as perfect as possible.

MOOCHER
Mad Destination Expert
MOOCHER

PostSubject: Re: Magaluf, Tom Brown's Sports Bar    Magaluf, Tom Brown's Sports Bar  Icon_minitimeSun Aug 22, 2010 11:55 am

Daryn that is the one we ate at on calle galeon i must say i wont ever go back it was vile .

moocher

Admin
Daryn

PostSubject: Re: Magaluf, Tom Brown's Sports Bar    Magaluf, Tom Brown's Sports Bar  Icon_minitimeSun Aug 22, 2010 3:00 pm

yep we never went back

writingbug78
Girl Power Member

PostSubject: Tom Brown's June 11   Magaluf, Tom Brown's Sports Bar  Icon_minitimeTue Jun 21, 2011 8:15 am

We ate here recently June 11. To be honest I was quite impressed, we arrived in scorching heat and were quickly served. We weren't expecting big things, as I'm always suspicious when the menu is really extensive! I and my other half ordered the baguettes (it was lunchtime) and to be fair they were really nice, fresh bread and english bacon for me, nice sliced roast beef and onions for the other half. The kids ordered the cottage pie, this arrived and I'd say was pretty standard , but my daughter enjoyed it. Our other child ordered the baguette with chicken, cheese and bacon. The cheese was disappointing, cheese slices...not exactly my favourite but she enjoyed it.

I've got to be truthful and say it was good value for money, and they do offer lots of deals with certain meals, free drinks etc. You do need to be on the ball though and like moocher says bear this in mind when ordering as they won't suggest these to you before ordering drinks initially.

Overall, not bad but it is what it says on the tin!
Back to top Go down
Daryn
Admin
Daryn

PostSubject: Re: Magaluf, Tom Brown's Sports Bar    Magaluf, Tom Brown's Sports Bar  Icon_minitimeTue Jun 21, 2011 8:57 am

Which one did you go too writingbug78, the one with the small crazy golf or the one along side the Magaluf Park hotel. They also have one on the coast

beeech
Lil 'ol wine drinker
beeech

PostSubject: Re: Magaluf, Tom Brown's Sports Bar    Magaluf, Tom Brown's Sports Bar  Icon_minitimeTue Jun 21, 2011 9:07 am

I had breakfast most days there and couldn't fault them - ( the one on the beach )

Just what was needed after a nights drinking ! Very Happy

Back to top Go down
Daryn
Admin
Daryn

PostSubject: Re: Magaluf, Tom Brown's Sports Bar    Magaluf, Tom Brown's Sports Bar  Icon_minitimeTue Jun 21, 2011 9:09 am

:F*u: :C*J:

MOOCHER
Mad Destination Expert
MOOCHER

PostSubject: Re: Magaluf, Tom Brown's Sports Bar    Magaluf, Tom Brown's Sports Bar  Icon_minitimeTue Jun 21, 2011 10:23 am

The sports bar in calle galeon is atm a all you can eat buffet for €8 had a look and both me and mrs m decided it was a no no for us

moocher

DadsBarmy

PostSubject: Re: Magaluf, Tom Brown's Sports Bar    Magaluf, Tom Brown's Sports Bar  Icon_minitimeTue Jun 21, 2011 12:01 pm

At the meet last year Donkey Groomer and I had lunch at Tom Browns overlooking the beach
She had Cod and Chips, good sized portions more than she could eat and acceptable quality.
I had Paella which was of terrible quality, with three mussels and two prawns, a frozen one from Iceland is of far better
quality with far more seafood. The waitress did offer to get me something else when I complained, but I declined
and finished of DG's fish and chips. We had two cups of tea which were Liptons yellow label which is the standard
fare outside UK, we asked for extra teabags. Five girls from Blackpool Womens Rugby Club (one in a Wheelchair)
provided the entertainment from a nearby table, and kept us fully entertained but none of them could match
the Donkey Groomers rendition of "Swing Low Sweet Chariots" (rugby version not Methodist Chapel)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iVsYJjaAvFI&feature=related

and a tourist from New Zealand gave a fantastic rendition of the "Hakka"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=56Hb632BCCw&NR=1

a quantity of alcohol was consumed, and when we went to pay the bill there was no charge for the meals
and the manager thanked us for the entertainment (he was a Wasps fan)
Back to top Go down
delboy
Mad Destination Expert
delboy

PostSubject: Re: Magaluf, Tom Brown's Sports Bar    Magaluf, Tom Brown's Sports Bar  Icon_minitimeTue Jun 21, 2011 12:16 pm

He didn't sting you with a large bill then lol!
Back to top Go down
writingbug78
Girl Power Member

PostSubject: Beach TB    Magaluf, Tom Brown's Sports Bar  Icon_minitimeWed Jun 22, 2011 7:55 pm

We ate at the beach one...suppose it helps that the view is nice too!
Back to top Go down
hoover

PostSubject: Re: Magaluf, Tom Brown's Sports Bar    Magaluf, Tom Brown's Sports Bar  Icon_minitimeTue Jun 28, 2011 5:26 pm

We also ate at the beach one and found lunch to be adequate enough. We all had toasties and chips (lunch time) and daughter had paella which was quite tasty. Didn't see anything about free drinks.

Back to top Go down
yozef
MF joke teller
yozef

PostSubject: Re: Magaluf, Tom Brown's Sports Bar    Magaluf, Tom Brown's Sports Bar  Icon_minitimeTue Jun 28, 2011 5:41 pm

we often pop into the son matias beach hotel for lunchtime snacks,even if we are not staying there. ie tuna
salad and chips or omelette and chips for e5-e6,good portionMagaluf, Tom Brown's Sports Bar  Dsc02010s and quality.
Back to top Go down
yozef
MF joke teller
yozef

PostSubject: Re: Magaluf, Tom Brown's Sports Bar    Magaluf, Tom Brown's Sports Bar  Icon_minitimeTue Jun 28, 2011 5:52 pm

Magaluf, Tom Brown's Sports Bar  Dsc01710
Back to top Go down
DadsBarmy

DadsBarmy

PostSubject: Re: Magaluf, Tom Brown's Sports Bar    Magaluf, Tom Brown's Sports Bar  Icon_minitimeTue Jun 28, 2011 5:57 pm

Can't see Daryn eating there, there are tomatoes lurking under the chips
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Magaluf, Tom Brown's Sports Bar    Magaluf, Tom Brown's Sports Bar  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Magaluf, Tom Brown's Sports Bar

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Welcome to the Majorca and Worldwide Travel Forum :: MAJORCA SECTION :: MAJORCA ACCOMMODATION / MAJORCA RESORT REVIEW SECTIONS :: MAGALUF :: MAGALUF BARS/RESTAURANTS-
Jump to:  
Free forum | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Contact | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com