Welcome to the Majorca and Worldwide Travel Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Majorca Travel Forum / Majorca Help and Information Forum

HomeHome  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

Spain, Costa Brava, Tossa De Mar, Hotel Tossa Beach

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Daryn
Admin
Daryn

Spain, Costa Brava, Tossa De Mar, Hotel Tossa Beach _
PostSubject: Spain, Costa Brava, Tossa De Mar, Hotel Tossa Beach   Spain, Costa Brava, Tossa De Mar, Hotel Tossa Beach Icon_minitimeTue Apr 10, 2012 4:47 pm

HOTEL TOSSA BEACH

The Hotel TossaBeach is a four star all inclusive hotel centrally located in the town of Tossa de Mar , it has a sister hotel across the road called the TossaCenter and you can use your All Inclusive in either one.

Spain, Costa Brava, Tossa De Mar, Hotel Tossa Beach P1100977

These photos were taken in the early hours of the morning before we unpacked. It was a really good first impression of what to expect from this hotel, it felt so clean and fresh you could not fault the room at all.

Spain, Costa Brava, Tossa De Mar, Hotel Tossa Beach P1100962

The beds were comfy and warm as they had put thick blankets on for us so the first nights sleep was a good one.

Spain, Costa Brava, Tossa De Mar, Hotel Tossa Beach P1100969

As you can see we had a flat screen TV which had a few English channels, three if I remember rightly. The furniture was clean and modern what a great start to our holiday.

Spain, Costa Brava, Tossa De Mar, Hotel Tossa Beach P1100963

THE BATHROOM
A peep inside the bathroom revealed a modern and well equipped clean room.

Spain, Costa Brava, Tossa De Mar, Hotel Tossa Beach P1100964

Spain, Costa Brava, Tossa De Mar, Hotel Tossa Beach P1100965

Spain, Costa Brava, Tossa De Mar, Hotel Tossa Beach P1100966

Spain, Costa Brava, Tossa De Mar, Hotel Tossa Beach P1100967

Spain, Costa Brava, Tossa De Mar, Hotel Tossa Beach P1100968

THE BAR AREA

The bar area was again spotless and clean, at the end of the bar to the left was a snack bar which you could have hamburgers, hot dogs chips and they were really tasty again this was all part of the A/I.

Spain, Costa Brava, Tossa De Mar, Hotel Tossa Beach P1110026

I think this could have been improved a bit if they had soft furnishing such as sofas and armchairs. Also a proper stage area would have been better not that this stopped the entertainment mind. It could have made all the difference to making it a great place to sit and chat.
The bar staff were brilliant, always laughing and smiling and very friendly, they never stopped always cleaning the areas down.

Spain, Costa Brava, Tossa De Mar, Hotel Tossa Beach P1100973

THE RECEPTION AREA

The reception area, again clean and bright with nice friendly staff

Spain, Costa Brava, Tossa De Mar, Hotel Tossa Beach P1100974

Spain, Costa Brava, Tossa De Mar, Hotel Tossa Beach P1100975

OUTSIDE THE HOTEL

The street outside our hotel was nice in itself, come out the hotel turn left and you are only 5 minutes walk from the beach.

Spain, Costa Brava, Tossa De Mar, Hotel Tossa Beach P1100976

Spain, Costa Brava, Tossa De Mar, Hotel Tossa Beach P1100978

THE POOL AREA

Here is the view from our balcony looking over the pool area.

Spain, Costa Brava, Tossa De Mar, Hotel Tossa Beach P1100972

This is the part of the hotel which I thought let it down a bit, again it was really clean and the staff were constantly walking around picking up glasses etc but I just thought it was a bit to small, we went off season so it was fine but I’m wondering what it would be like in the peak summer time when everyone in the hotel is wanting to sunbathe and go in the pool.

Spain, Costa Brava, Tossa De Mar, Hotel Tossa Beach P1110038

Spain, Costa Brava, Tossa De Mar, Hotel Tossa Beach P1110039

Spain, Costa Brava, Tossa De Mar, Hotel Tossa Beach P1110075

Sorry but forgot to take photos of the dining area, but again it was nice and clean, not much food choice really but what was there was well cooked and fresh.

Now would I go back to this hotel, well if I ever go back to Tossa De Mar then yes this hotel would be on my list as its really hard to fault it other than the few things I’ve pointed out, there is always something to eat, the drinks were great and the staff or some of the best I’ve ever come across, the hotel is spotless.
This hotel is ideal, its location is in the centre of town and only 5 minutes walk to the beach and restaurants.

For more information on this hotel click on the link below.
http://www.tossabeach.com/en/hotel-tossa-de-mar.html

If you need transfers I can recommend Juan he speaks really good English and wont let you down. Our flight was delayed by hours yet he was still there for us in the early hours of the morning. Click on the link below to visit his website.
http://taxitossademar.com/

delboy
Mad Destination Expert
delboy

PostSubject: Re: Spain, Costa Brava, Tossa De Mar, Hotel Tossa Beach   Spain, Costa Brava, Tossa De Mar, Hotel Tossa Beach Icon_minitimeTue Apr 10, 2012 5:33 pm

Excellent review of the place Daryn, the swimming pool area looked a bit closed in but may be an advantage in the hot sun. have a rep cheers
Back to top Go down
beeech
Lil 'ol wine drinker
beeech

PostSubject: Re: Spain, Costa Brava, Tossa De Mar, Hotel Tossa Beach   Spain, Costa Brava, Tossa De Mar, Hotel Tossa Beach Icon_minitimeTue Apr 10, 2012 7:14 pm

delboy wrote:
Excellent review of the place Daryn, the swimming pool area looked a bit closed in but may be an advantage in the hot sun. have a rep cheers

I thought exactly the same thing - I couldn't lie round that.

rep from me too for a fab review...................... Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Daryn
Admin
Daryn

PostSubject: Re: Spain, Costa Brava, Tossa De Mar, Hotel Tossa Beach   Spain, Costa Brava, Tossa De Mar, Hotel Tossa Beach Icon_minitimeTue Apr 10, 2012 8:28 pm

Yeah the pool area did let the hotel down, the sister hotel across the road had an even smaller pool area maybe only half the size, but for an off season small break the hotel is ideal.

Mark
Majorca Mad
Mark

PostSubject: Re: Spain, Costa Brava, Tossa De Mar, Hotel Tossa Beach   Spain, Costa Brava, Tossa De Mar, Hotel Tossa Beach Icon_minitimeTue Apr 10, 2012 10:14 pm

I'm not sure the pool area would get much sun actually with those high buildings around it. I also thought the ceiling air con unit in the 2nd bar pic looked a bit manky, a leftover from the days of smoking being allowed inside I suppose.

But it's a great review, shows the hotels good and bad points, that's what it's all about. Rep from me.
Back to top Go down
Mick
ALL ROUND GOOD GUY
Mick

PostSubject: Re: Spain, Costa Brava, Tossa De Mar, Hotel Tossa Beach   Spain, Costa Brava, Tossa De Mar, Hotel Tossa Beach Icon_minitimeTue Apr 10, 2012 10:15 pm

Great review with fabulous photo's to accompany it, rep from me as well. clap clap

Just one thing I must point out, the Hotel was called the Tossa Beach, but it was 5 minutes from the Beach. scratch scratch What Tossa called it that? roll eyes Then again I suppose "Tossa five minutes from the Beach Hotel", is a bit of a mouthful. wink

lolol lolol lolol lolol

Girl Power Member
theboss

PostSubject: Re: Spain, Costa Brava, Tossa De Mar, Hotel Tossa Beach   Spain, Costa Brava, Tossa De Mar, Hotel Tossa Beach Icon_minitimeTue Apr 10, 2012 10:54 pm

Rep from me too Darryn!
THe pool area does look a bit claustrophobic . . .
If you wanted a sunbed, you'ld need to hope for an outbreak of something . . . or maybe not Very Happy
Back to top Go down
NannyJen
Girl Power Member

PostSubject: Re: Spain, Costa Brava, Tossa De Mar, Hotel Tossa Beach   Spain, Costa Brava, Tossa De Mar, Hotel Tossa Beach Icon_minitimeTue Apr 10, 2012 11:06 pm

And yet another rep from me Daryn for a great all-round review. Thanks for posting it.

Thumsup

Back to top Go down
Daryn
Admin
Daryn

PostSubject: Re: Spain, Costa Brava, Tossa De Mar, Hotel Tossa Beach   Spain, Costa Brava, Tossa De Mar, Hotel Tossa Beach Icon_minitimeThu Apr 12, 2012 1:26 am

Your welcome, resort review to follow, lots of photos to look through

Graham

PostSubject: Re: Spain, Costa Brava, Tossa De Mar, Hotel Tossa Beach   Spain, Costa Brava, Tossa De Mar, Hotel Tossa Beach Icon_minitimeThu Apr 12, 2012 8:24 am

Nice review daryn didnt you have any of the tossa centre to go with it ,as its a two centre hotel ,remember folks we paid £211 for four nights at this hotel for 3 people on all inclusive it really is good value for money great for a short break but you would struggle for your main holiday we were there four nights and didnt want to come home.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Spain, Costa Brava, Tossa De Mar, Hotel Tossa Beach   Spain, Costa Brava, Tossa De Mar, Hotel Tossa Beach Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Spain, Costa Brava, Tossa De Mar, Hotel Tossa Beach

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Welcome to the Majorca and Worldwide Travel Forum :: WORLDWIDE TRAVEL REVIEW SECTION NEW FOR 2011. EST 18/05/11 :: ENTER HERE :: SPAIN, includes Balearics (not Majorca see seperate section). :: HOTEL/ACCOM REVIEW SECTION-
Jump to:  
Free forum | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Contact | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com