Welcome to the Majorca and Worldwide Travel Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Majorca Travel Forum / Majorca Help and Information Forum

HomeHome  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

Palma Nova, ABRACADABRA Pizza Magic

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
MOOCHER
Mad Destination Expert
MOOCHER

Palma Nova, ABRACADABRA Pizza Magic _
PostSubject: Palma Nova, ABRACADABRA Pizza Magic   Palma Nova, ABRACADABRA Pizza Magic Icon_minitimeThu Aug 19, 2010 6:17 pm

I was intending to do a review on this place but instead ill tell you how our visit went and make up your own minds

Weds 11th august 7.30pm 8 of the moocher clan go for a meal

We arrive unannounced and take a seat at 1 of the many empty tables on the terrace over looking the seafront [we was the only customers ]
The waiter came over and threw 3 grotty carboard menus down on the table and walked off has he walked off i said oh good evening to you also
Within 2 minutes he came back and said ready i informed him no we wasnt because we only had 3 munus between 8 of us he then walked off again .He came over again after only a minute or so and again said ready i said sternly no he then said drink so i started to order drinks i said a litre jug of sangria ,he started to write it down he got san wrote then a group of spanish came in he run off to them and greeted then like royalty he was holding their chairs and gave the all a menu at this point i stood up marched over to him and very loudly said to him
YOU MY MAN ARE THE MOST IGNORANT WAITER I HAVE EVER MET AND ARE A DISGRACE TO YOURSELF AND ALL THE SPANISH PEOPLE .I then marched back to our table and informed them we was leaving

moocher

Admin
Daryn

PostSubject: Re: Palma Nova, ABRACADABRA Pizza Magic   Palma Nova, ABRACADABRA Pizza Magic Icon_minitimeThu Aug 19, 2010 6:23 pm

ohhhhhhhh I hope he got a bollocking for losing customers ,what a plonker ,if he were professional he would have been polite and taken your order got you the drinks and made a tip for himself, he could have then gone back to his mates after you left and said he doesnt like English. You dont lose money like that, I would make nowt at all taxi driving if I went on like that lol

Mick
ALL ROUND GOOD GUY
Mick

PostSubject: Re: Palma Nova, ABRACADABRA Pizza Magic   Palma Nova, ABRACADABRA Pizza Magic Icon_minitimeThu Aug 19, 2010 6:57 pm

Good for you Moocher, that was so ignorant of that guy. Another place to give a swerve to in Palma Nova Rolling Eyes What is wrong with these people, manners never hurt anyone. Shocked

DE/Prophet of Doom
WirralScouse

PostSubject: Re: Palma Nova, ABRACADABRA Pizza Magic   Palma Nova, ABRACADABRA Pizza Magic Icon_minitimeThu Aug 19, 2010 10:48 pm

Regrettably there are still some waiters/barmen in Spain who treat Brits like s**t.We are 50% of their trade and their jobs depend on us although their demeanour with no provocation wouldn't indicate that.The best thing you did moocher was leave.Good on you for taking a stand. The bar staff in Piano Bar are excellent and smiley to all races.

As a counter to that I have to say that many waiters/barmen are expert at their job which is more valued in Spain than it would be in UK.In some ways some of us Brits don't have the right respectful attitude when ordering drinks or meals and this might antagonise them.I have seen Brits Abroad talking down to waiters as if they are slaves much as you see in an Indian restaurant in England at midnight on a Saturday.
Back to top Go down
Daryn
Admin
Daryn

PostSubject: Re: Palma Nova, ABRACADABRA Pizza Magic   Palma Nova, ABRACADABRA Pizza Magic Icon_minitimeFri Aug 20, 2010 1:55 am

Yes WS I have to agree about the way some Brits talk to waiters as if they are slaves I get the same treatment as people think Im just there for them and Ill just sit and wait while they have a ciggie for free outside my car etc, some people are horrible with drink in them. I also must agree about the staff in the piano bar they are always smiling and really polite and this goes along way in my books

MOOCHER
Mad Destination Expert
MOOCHER

PostSubject: Re: Palma Nova, ABRACADABRA Pizza Magic   Palma Nova, ABRACADABRA Pizza Magic Icon_minitimeFri Aug 20, 2010 10:24 am

I must agree i hate people who talk or treat people doing a service for the public like muck .Manners cost nothing and even when in drink they should be used.Mallorca in my opinion has some of the best waiters and waitresses in the world and like WS said most have pride in their profession [unlike most in uk who do it has a stop gap till better things turn up ] .
The few times i have encountered a surly waiter it seems to be when the restaurant in question has a mainly spanish clientèle so maybe thats what we need to be aware of .

moocher
ps
my wife owns and runs a restaurant in uk and my daughter does some waitressing for her i was once in when a gentleman nay a guy started clicking his fingers at my daughter say oi oi i kindly lead him to the door and told him not to come back

PostSubject: Re: Palma Nova, ABRACADABRA Pizza Magic   Palma Nova, ABRACADABRA Pizza Magic Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Palma Nova, ABRACADABRA Pizza Magic

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Welcome to the Majorca and Worldwide Travel Forum :: MAJORCA SECTION :: MAJORCA ACCOMMODATION / MAJORCA RESORT REVIEW SECTIONS :: PALMA NOVA :: PALMA NOVA BARS/RESTAURANTS-
Jump to:  
Create a forum on Forumotion | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Contact | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com