Welcome to the Majorca and Worldwide Travel Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Majorca Travel Forum / Majorca Help and Information Forum

HomeHome  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

England, Hampshire, Fleet, Water Sky Chinese restaurant

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Mark
Majorca Mad
Mark

England, Hampshire, Fleet, Water Sky Chinese restaurant _
PostSubject: England, Hampshire, Fleet, Water Sky Chinese restaurant   England, Hampshire, Fleet, Water Sky Chinese restaurant Icon_minitimeSun Apr 01, 2012 6:09 pm

The short story: Food quality: Good. Portion size: Small. Service: Poor.

We went on Sat 31 March 12, a group of 10, 5 couples, age range 45 - 65. Seated straight away at 6pm, the reservation time. Restaurant has approx 40 tables, there were only about 4 other tables with people sitting. The restaurant has an 'all you can eat' menu. We ordered drinks, which were promptly served. Drink prices were on the expensive side, even the house wine was £15.75 a bottle.
We were asked to order starters, and 'told' to order the main courses at the same time, as the restaurant was busy. We said that the restaurant wasn't even quarter full? "It will be busy later" came the reply from the humourless 'chief' waitress. We ordered rice, crispy beef, singapore noodles, and beef with green peppers for our mains, the couple next to us said that they would have the same, with prawns with ginger as well.

Sorry for the detail but the picture becomes clearer later.

The next couple said that they would also like the prawns and ginger dish, and the lady from Tenko said "You can't have that as they've already ordered it. Have something else".
We all looked amazed... so she then said if you order the same then there will be enough for everyone. So it went round and beef with green peppers was asked for by 5 people, and crispy beef by 6 people, amongst other items.

Starters. As there were only about 12-14 items on the starters menu, and there were 10 of us, we said that we would like a selection of ALL of the starters (please). Ok, and a nod.

Ok, that was sorted then. Took a sip of the wine. "Any more drinks?" asked the drinks waitress. *Cough*. "No thanks, we've only just got these thank you very much".

Some pleasant chatting, prawn crackers were going down well, 5 mins (quite quickly anyway) and a plate of assorted starters were served. About 6 pieces of each menu item, like prawn toasts, chicken skewers etc, but only about 7 menu items. We assumed that there would be a 2nd plateful coming.
Well the first plateful didn't take long to disappear, some people hadn't had anything, there didn't seem to be anything else on the way, so we called the waitress over, and asked for some more. "More?" she said, sounding surprised. "What else would you like THEN?" she said. "Everything please!" we said, a little annoyed now that they would feel that half portions of half the starters would be enough. So off she went.
"Any more drinks?" asked the drinks waitress, as I took the second sip of wine. "No thank you" I replied, with everyone actually laughing at this zealousness now.

More starters appeared, which were half the portions of what had been bought out first. They simply didn't get it I'm afraid, they were sending out enough food for 5 people, and there were 10 of us. I called the manager over and said we would like some more starters please. He said "Ok, but restaurant is getting busy now" ??????
Quite how that mattered I'll leave you to figure out. He was of course right, the tables had filled to about 60 - 70 % by now.

We decided to leave the starters and proceed to soup, which only 7 of us had. I didn't have it, the others sais that it was ok, nice & hot, a bit bland. A bit of salt and pepper on the table might have been a nice option, but there was none.

"Any more drinks?" asked the drinks waitress... oh yes, we'll have a big jug of tap water please came the reply.

Crispy duck came out, same problem, only enough for 2 skinny pancakes each, had to order some more, was also asked if we wanted anymore drinks.
Food quality was fine by the way, good and hot, just not enough of it.

You might have guessed by now what the story is going to be like with the main courses.
You'll be right. The beef & green peppers dish, at a push, I could have eaten on my own, but this was supposed to be enough for 5. And the same with other dishes. "Can we have some more please?" was met by a "Tsk" and a raised eyebrow by the serving waitress. Nothing more arrived.
We cleared up everything that was served, and was contemplating whether to order some more... and the manager arrived and put the bill on the table!!!!
"Yes please, restaurant is now busy" he said. Which it was, now full up.

So we decided to call it quits. I've never left an all you can eat and still felt hungry before.
So the upshot is that the food is good enough quality, and freshly cooked, and hot, just there isn't enough of it, and you are pushed to order more drinks, and you are also rushed to finish. So not again for me.

But I have to say that the queue of customers waiting to sit down was out of the door by the time we left, approx 8pm. So they obviously do something right most of the time. All of those people couldn't have been first time visitors.
Back to top Go down
delboy
Mad Destination Expert
delboy

PostSubject: Re: England, Hampshire, Fleet, Water Sky Chinese restaurant   England, Hampshire, Fleet, Water Sky Chinese restaurant Icon_minitimeSun Apr 01, 2012 6:26 pm

sounds a bit of a bummer Mark, have a rep (but you'll have to share it with the others lol! )

Last edited by delboy on Sun Apr 01, 2012 6:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
beeech
Lil 'ol wine drinker
beeech

PostSubject: Re: England, Hampshire, Fleet, Water Sky Chinese restaurant   England, Hampshire, Fleet, Water Sky Chinese restaurant Icon_minitimeSun Apr 01, 2012 6:27 pm

sounds like a nightmare !

..but amusing at the same time ! did you leave a tip ? Laughing

Back to top Go down
Mark
Majorca Mad
Mark

PostSubject: Re: England, Hampshire, Fleet, Water Sky Chinese restaurant   England, Hampshire, Fleet, Water Sky Chinese restaurant Icon_minitimeSun Apr 01, 2012 6:43 pm

beeech wrote:

did you leave a tip ? Laughing

There was a 10% service charge auto added to the bill, which I refused to pay. But the Hub of the Wife whose birthday it was paid it I think. Some people don't like confrontation I suppose.
Back to top Go down
Mick
ALL ROUND GOOD GUY
Mick

PostSubject: Re: England, Hampshire, Fleet, Water Sky Chinese restaurant   England, Hampshire, Fleet, Water Sky Chinese restaurant Icon_minitimeSun Apr 01, 2012 6:52 pm

Great story Mark, but customer service was right out of the window. nono Could she not count more than 5 then. roll eyes Would you go to the Water Sky Chinese Restaurant in Fleet again mate? wink

Majorca Mad
Mark

PostSubject: Re: England, Hampshire, Fleet, Water Sky Chinese restaurant   England, Hampshire, Fleet, Water Sky Chinese restaurant Icon_minitimeMon Apr 02, 2012 12:43 am

No I wouldn't mate, service is part of the package to me. You wouldn't believe it, but Jan said to me earlier, she should have warned me, (but didn't cos she knows what I'm like lol), but she looked on TA reviews and most of them all say the same, plates being snatched from the table while you are still chewing in some cases lolol

Basil must have taught them lolol

I'm so miffed that i've also put a review on TA (which is pending as it has to be given the thumbs up by the TA mods first)
Back to top Go down
Mark
Majorca Mad
Mark

PostSubject: Re: England, Hampshire, Fleet, Water Sky Chinese restaurant   England, Hampshire, Fleet, Water Sky Chinese restaurant Icon_minitimeMon Apr 02, 2012 4:54 pm

I've put the same review up on TA now:

http://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowUserReviews-g503830-d1160195-r127074284-Water_Sky-Fleet_Hampshire_England.html#REVIEWS

Don't forget to click the helpful button if you view it please!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: England, Hampshire, Fleet, Water Sky Chinese restaurant   England, Hampshire, Fleet, Water Sky Chinese restaurant Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

England, Hampshire, Fleet, Water Sky Chinese restaurant

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Welcome to the Majorca and Worldwide Travel Forum :: WORLDWIDE TRAVEL REVIEW SECTION NEW FOR 2011. EST 18/05/11 :: ENTER HERE :: UNITED KINGDOM :: HOTEL/ACCOM REVIEW SECTION-
Jump to:  
Free forum | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Contact | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com