Welcome to the Majorca and Worldwide Travel Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Majorca Travel Forum / Majorca Help and Information Forum

HomeHome  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

Hobby Club, Puerto de Pollensa

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
delboy
Mad Destination Expert
delboy

Hobby Club, Puerto de Pollensa _
PostSubject: Hobby Club, Puerto de Pollensa   Hobby Club, Puerto de Pollensa Icon_minitimeWed Jul 28, 2010 11:19 am

Mrs Delboy did her research on the Hobby Club in 2008 and found it had by far the best reviews for self catering accommodation in Puerto Pollensa from the selection of the tour brochures she had collected at that time.

Early morning

Hobby Club, Puerto de Pollensa P1000210

Hobby Club, Puerto de Pollensa P1000211

Hobby Club, Puerto de Pollensa P1000212

late afternoon in October

Hobby Club, Puerto de Pollensa P1000213

Evening

Hobby Club, Puerto de Pollensa P1000221

When we went to the Hobby Club apartments (2008) they had recently been spruced up, clean white walls etc outside but the bed and furnishing only had a basic look to them. The 3rd person’s bed was a pullout from the settee and I would have be unhappy sleeping on it.

Hobby Club, Puerto de Pollensa P1000214

Hobby Club, Puerto de Pollensa P1000215

IMO, the best rooms overlooked the pool and away from the main road. The door to our room was at the back of the complex via a corridor which did echo any sound but there we no problems with any of the guests staying there. However, I could hear the the early pick up coach arriving from my bedroom but again not a problem.

Hobby Club, Puerto de Pollensa P1000216

Hobby Club, Puerto de Pollensa P1000217

From the complex it was a good 20mins walk into town and the grocery shops in the vicinity of the apartments were dear, so I had many trips to Eroski’s supermarket to get my shopping. Also the majority of the main restaurants were 20mins away except the odd one or two. I didn’t mind the walk but you must decide if that is ok with you.

The complex did have two computers and the internet cost was 1 euro for 10mins (2008) and a pay phone which said 4mins to UK with card for one euro but it gobbled euro’s when I tried to used it with coins.

Around the pool was fine although not really my cup of tea but with the price of sun beds on the beach being 11euros it allowed us time to decide, if the weather was going to be good enough to spend that kind of money on the beach.

Hobby Club, Puerto de Pollensa P1000218

Hobby Club, Puerto de Pollensa P1000219

Beach outside hotel/club

Hobby Club, Puerto de Pollensa P1000220

The club did have its own bar and snacks counter and the beer was ½ euro cheaper than in town.

First Choice customers were allowed to use the Pollensa Park Hotel’s entertainment facilities.

Finally the staff were very pleasant, helpful and we found it a nice relaxing place
We booked with First Choice but it is also with Travel Republic

Last edited by delboy on Mon Jul 16, 2012 11:06 am; edited 4 times in total
Back to top Go down
WirralScouse
DE/Prophet of Doom
WirralScouse

PostSubject: Re: Hobby Club, Puerto de Pollensa   Hobby Club, Puerto de Pollensa Icon_minitimeWed Jul 28, 2010 9:33 pm

Thanks for that report delboy.If as a couple you want a luxe apartment in Pto Pollensa and are prepared to pay the substantial price the recently refurbished and substantially upgraded one BR apartments at Club Illa d'Or are quite something.They are across the road from H Illa d'Or.They can be booked accommodation-only or with flights at Travel Club of Upminster.I have stayed in them 4 times before the upgrade and they weren't cheap then.But last October on a one day recce visit to PP when staying in Illetas I went for a nose around when the refurb was underway and was staggered by the quality.But the swimming pool is ffffreezing.Don't bother with the studios.Though cheaper they are pokey.Who wants to start making up their bed in the lounge when arriving back after a night out? Certainly not me.More reasonably priced apartments located in the town centre are Maricel owned and managed by Hotel Miramar.Also bookable through Travel Club of Upminster or the hotel direct.Go for the Pool View rooms-worth the extra.
Back to top Go down
delboy
Mad Destination Expert
delboy

PostSubject: Re: Hobby Club, Puerto de Pollensa   Hobby Club, Puerto de Pollensa Icon_minitimeThu Oct 14, 2010 6:10 pm

Just a note as an update

The company Travel Club of Upminster seem to be in some trouble and anybody using them should check out TA posts
Back to top Go down
Mark
Majorca Mad
Mark

PostSubject: Re: Hobby Club, Puerto de Pollensa   Hobby Club, Puerto de Pollensa Icon_minitimeThu Oct 14, 2010 9:09 pm

Nice review delboy, it looks basic but clean and that's the main thing.
Puerto Pollensa has the stunning backdrop which I like.

Travel club are up the swanee.... as are crown currency exchange peeps.
Back to top Go down
Bella
Girl Power Member
Bella

PostSubject: Re: Hobby Club, Puerto de Pollensa   Hobby Club, Puerto de Pollensa Icon_minitimeThu Oct 14, 2010 10:26 pm

WS we stayed in the Illa d'or apartments one year and although a fair size bedroom the lounge and kitchen where tiny I thought. Thought they should knock the wall down and make the living room & kitchen all the one......which they did when the refurb was carried out!! OMG but ...did the prices go up after that!! Shocked Week in May was over £800 for a week, I just wouldn't give it to them, would much rather rent a private apartment for much less at same time of year with MUCH more room, three bathrooms and roof terrace!! Also being in that area we can still use Illa d'or Hotel for early/late evening drink etc. if we wish Smile
Back to top Go down
WirralScouse
DE/Prophet of Doom
WirralScouse

PostSubject: Re: Hobby Club, Puerto de Pollensa   Hobby Club, Puerto de Pollensa Icon_minitimeThu Oct 14, 2010 11:17 pm

So true bella.The prices are ridiculous at Club Illa d'Or.But some people aren't bothered about the cost eg City bankers,and are happy to pay for upmarket accommodation in what is still considered a trendy resort.They must have spent a fortune on the refurb so they are trying to recoup as quickly as possible.
Back to top Go down
WirralScouse
DE/Prophet of Doom
WirralScouse

PostSubject: Re: Hobby Club, Puerto de Pollensa   Hobby Club, Puerto de Pollensa Icon_minitimeThu Oct 14, 2010 11:19 pm

Just referring back to earlier posts on this thread.Travel Club of Upminster now defunct.Shame.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hobby Club, Puerto de Pollensa   Hobby Club, Puerto de Pollensa Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Hobby Club, Puerto de Pollensa

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Welcome to the Majorca and Worldwide Travel Forum :: MAJORCA SECTION :: MAJORCA ACCOMMODATION / MAJORCA RESORT REVIEW SECTIONS :: POLLENSA (inc Puerto Pollensa) :: PUERTO POLLENSA ACCOMMODATION-
Jump to:  
Free forum | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Contact | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com