Welcome to the Majorca and Worldwide Travel Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Majorca Travel Forum / Majorca Help and Information Forum

HomeHome  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

Maidstone Part 2, Deb's surprise.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Mick
ALL ROUND GOOD GUY
Mick

Maidstone Part 2, Deb's surprise. _
PostSubject: Maidstone Part 2, Deb's surprise.   Maidstone Part 2, Deb's surprise. Icon_minitimeFri Nov 18, 2011 1:00 pm

Well we woke up to another fine morning in Kent, deckchair & these are a couple of views of Maidstone from our hotel room overlooking the River Medwaybelow.
Maidstone Part 2, Deb's surprise. Cimg5822

Maidstone Part 2, Deb's surprise. Cimg5823
We walked up to the town to go to the Muggleton Inn, another Wetherspoon's pub for a traditional Breakfast. Very nice it was as well, & set us up for the day. hungry
I had been secretly texting & phoning Don about surprising Deb's at her work. He said that she did not have a clue, & he had told her that he was working from home that day, which she fell for hook, line & sinker. He couldn't meet us at Deb's work, as he was waiting in for the BT man to contact him. I am not sure if you all are aware of Deb & Don's problem with BT broadband, :n!b: but they are having trouble with their Internet speed & BT vision apparently, I was totally unaware of this problem. wink Well we pulled up to the car park of the shopping area that Deb's works in in Allington, a suburb of Maidstone I believe, sat in the car for a few minutes before we did a reccy of her shop. We walked through a gap between her shop & a Waitrose shop. I casually walked past backwards & forwards, with my hand covering my face to see the layout of the shop. The plan was to cover my face with my scarf & ask for a lottery ticket, whilst San was round the other side filming it. So we went into the shop out of view of the counter where Deb's was working & I put my scarf around the bottom half of my face. If a Policeman was walking by, & Deb's son Mark is by the way, he would have thought that a raid was about to take place. eek So I proceeded up to the counter covered by my scarf, with San approaching from the side, this is the outcome, captured for prosperity. bravo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rzmIEOhukYQ&feature=feedu
She wasn't quite sure at first, & was just about to get me my lottery ticket, when she realised who that tall chap with a scarf round his face was. lol! Her colleague, then said she could leave early, which was a lovely gesture, so we went back to her house to meet Don, Mark & Buster, plus numerous amounts of fish in their tanks.
I told Deb & Don about my VERY expensive purchase of the MF Golf Championship Trophy, affraid where Deb's handed over the said trophy to San the 2010 winner, in their back garden, as seen before.
Maidstone Part 2, Deb's surprise. Cimg5824
Apparently they have had a minor problem with their internet, :n!b: to which I was not aware of. pinocchio So I took a photo of the happy couple, which I think explains their situation. sob
Maidstone Part 2, Deb's surprise. Cimg5825
Whilst we were at their house, BT guys Ian & Stuart were constantly on the phone to Deb's, as this problem is slightly closer to being resolved hopefully, as it has dragged on for them for 8 months. sad
Buster, their guard dog, lolol was constantly looking for attention from his duck, which we had to throw round the room for him to retrieve.
Maidstone Part 2, Deb's surprise. Cimg5826
We then went up to a local Beefeater Pub, The Thomas Wyatt for our tea with Mark, their son & his girlfriend Natalie.
Maidstone Part 2, Deb's surprise. Cimg5829
Whilst we were there, the BT engineer Ian, was on the phone to Deb's.
Maidstone Part 2, Deb's surprise. Cimg5827
Deb's has a strange way of talking into her mobile, as she thinks that she has to talk through her eye. scratch Where as I talk thorugh my arxe, as you are all aware of. eek
Maidstone Part 2, Deb's surprise. Cimg5828
We then went back to watch a very boring England game against Sweden. thumbs down Where San was on a wine mission, & believe this or believe this not, Deb's never touched one voddie all night. fainting I think she was ill or something. rolling laughing
Maidstone Part 2, Deb's surprise. Cimg5831
Deb's & Don, kindly gave me a mobile phone, as mine was playing up, which was very kind of them. Here is Don explaining how it works. BTW, I was not asleep, it just looks that way. Embarassed
Maidstone Part 2, Deb's surprise. Cimg5833
We spent a great day with them all & we didn't want it to end. So we took a group photo, but I think that Deb's & San had a phone call coming through from BT again, as their eyes were shut. wink
Maidstone Part 2, Deb's surprise. Cimg5832
We then went back to the toilet rolls, for our last night. In the morning we went back to the Wetherspoons pub, to have another breakfast, before setting off for our homeward journey. We stopped off at Deb's work on the way through to say thank you for everything & our goodbyes.
Maidstone Part 2, Deb's surprise. Cimg5834

All in all we had a fabulous few days away, meeting great friendly people along the way. That is what life is all about in my book.

Mad Destination Expert
delboy

PostSubject: Re: Maidstone Part 2, Deb's surprise.   Maidstone Part 2, Deb's surprise. Icon_minitimeFri Nov 18, 2011 1:08 pm

absolutely exellent Mick, enjoyed every minute of reading it, have a rep from me cheers
Back to top Go down
Mick
ALL ROUND GOOD GUY
Mick

PostSubject: Re: Maidstone Part 2, Deb's surprise.   Maidstone Part 2, Deb's surprise. Icon_minitimeFri Nov 18, 2011 1:11 pm

Cheers mate, you forget how long these things take to put together affraid & make it witty & entertaining along the way. lol! The video of Deb's captured by San, was brilliant though. :-bd:

Mad Destination Expert
delboy

PostSubject: Re: Maidstone Part 2, Deb's surprise.   Maidstone Part 2, Deb's surprise. Icon_minitimeFri Nov 18, 2011 1:23 pm

Yes I've got to show Mrs DB yet lol!
Back to top Go down
debdon
OFFICIAL VODKA TASTER
debdon

PostSubject: Re: Maidstone Part 2, Deb's surprise.   Maidstone Part 2, Deb's surprise. Icon_minitimeFri Nov 18, 2011 1:36 pm

Mick what a fantastic job you made doing the whole blog Maidstone Part 2, Deb's surprise. 404938

It was such a surprise to me when you walked into the shop (god I sound so common on that video) never in a million years did I suspect anything when I went off to work that morning Maidstone Part 2, Deb's surprise. 6878 & Don gave nothing away whatsoever - I even complained to him that I'd have to get my netbook out just to get onto internet when I came home as he would be using the desktop......working from home yeah right Maidstone Part 2, Deb's surprise. 499996

As Mick said, we all had a brilliant afternoon & evening together, all being I was well & truely set up Maidstone Part 2, Deb's surprise. 75396
Back to top Go down
http://www.debssweetdelights.co.uk
Mick
ALL ROUND GOOD GUY
Mick

PostSubject: Re: Maidstone Part 2, Deb's surprise.   Maidstone Part 2, Deb's surprise. Icon_minitimeFri Nov 18, 2011 1:44 pm

Was great to do it to you, & Don was brilliant in keeping it quiet as well. bravo

Mad Destination Expert
delboy

PostSubject: Re: Maidstone Part 2, Deb's surprise.   Maidstone Part 2, Deb's surprise. Icon_minitimeFri Nov 18, 2011 1:45 pm

Mrs DB loved it but she can't give you a rep, she said you could not have looked more suspicious if you had tried Maidstone Part 2, Deb's surprise. 220414
Back to top Go down
Mark
Majorca Mad
Mark

PostSubject: Re: Maidstone Part 2, Deb's surprise.   Maidstone Part 2, Deb's surprise. Icon_minitimeFri Nov 18, 2011 1:46 pm

Ha ha brilliant Smile Smile Smile rep for Mick and one for Debs too for being the star Like a Star @ heaven Very Happy
Back to top Go down
beeech
Lil 'ol wine drinker
beeech

PostSubject: Re: Maidstone Part 2, Deb's surprise.   Maidstone Part 2, Deb's surprise. Icon_minitimeFri Nov 18, 2011 2:00 pm

rep from me to you both too ! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
NannyJen
Girl Power Member

PostSubject: Re: Maidstone Part 2, Deb's surprise.   Maidstone Part 2, Deb's surprise. Icon_minitimeFri Nov 18, 2011 2:03 pm

Great blog Mick - really enjoyed it. The look on Deb's face when she realised it was you was priceless!!

A rep to you both from me, too.

bravo

Back to top Go down
Daryn
Admin
Daryn

PostSubject: Re: Maidstone Part 2, Deb's surprise.   Maidstone Part 2, Deb's surprise. Icon_minitimeFri Nov 18, 2011 2:14 pm

Rep from me that was brilliant loved the video hahahaha Debs face hahaha. Also loved the sad pose around the computer Debs and Don that was brilliant.

Well done Mick you put it together very well. Maidstone Part 2, Deb's surprise. 404938

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Maidstone Part 2, Deb's surprise.   Maidstone Part 2, Deb's surprise. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Maidstone Part 2, Deb's surprise.

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Welcome to the Majorca and Worldwide Travel Forum :: WORLDWIDE TRAVEL REVIEW SECTION NEW FOR 2011. EST 18/05/11 :: ENTER HERE :: UNITED KINGDOM :: UK RESORT REVIEW-
Jump to:  
Create a forum | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Contact | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com