Welcome to the Majorca and Worldwide Travel Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Majorca Travel Forum / Majorca Help and Information Forum

HomeHome  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

Palma Nova / Magalluf June 2011

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
mac

mac

Palma Nova / Magalluf June 2011 _
PostSubject: Palma Nova / Magalluf June 2011   Palma Nova / Magalluf June 2011 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 29, 2011 11:47 am

Palma Nova / Magalluf June 2011. I visited Majorca with my partner in June this year, it was our first trip and we stayed at the Son Matias Hotel. I plan on adding quite a few photos but will try a few first. If anyone wants to see an particular photos let me know, we stayed mainly around magalluf / Palma Nova, but we did travel a little too, i'll add a few photos to start. I can also write a review of the resort / hotel, but this might take a little time.

Well I tried to post pics but looks like i'll have to wait a week until this is possible!
Back to top Go down
Mick
ALL ROUND GOOD GUY
Mick

PostSubject: Re: Palma Nova / Magalluf June 2011   Palma Nova / Magalluf June 2011 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 29, 2011 12:01 pm

Good first post Mac, worth a rep. cheers I am looking forward to reading your review & seeing your photo's. :-bd: No pressure. affraid

Admin
Daryn

PostSubject: Re: Palma Nova / Magalluf June 2011   Palma Nova / Magalluf June 2011 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 29, 2011 12:03 pm

Great and getting straight into it brilliant, nothing we can do about the photos its the new security system. What you can do is start writing some pieces and just click on edit to alter it or add photos later if you prefer it that way, Im looking forward to seeing your review.
Welcome to the forum cheers

delboy
Mad Destination Expert
delboy

PostSubject: Re: Palma Nova / Magalluf June 2011   Palma Nova / Magalluf June 2011 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 29, 2011 12:24 pm

Yes look forward to them Mac cheers
Back to top Go down
mac

mac

PostSubject: Re: Palma Nova / Magalluf June 2011   Palma Nova / Magalluf June 2011 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 29, 2011 4:13 pm

thanks, I was hoping to post pics as I wrote stuff, maybe do it in bite size chunks! I also visited Palma, Santa Ponca and Soller, should photos of these added as a seperate thread or should I just add more pics here?

We stayed at the Son Matias Hotel in Palma Nova, although it was hard to see where Palma Nova ended and Magaluf began! so it was a good location to explore both resorts. I must say on the whole the hotel was good and we thoroughly enjoyed out first week in Majorca. I guess there is no point reviewing the hotel, it's more about the resort / island.

The location of the hotel is great and all 4 beaches along this resort were worth a visit. It was easy to walk to magaluf for a night and it was quite entertaining! But I was surprised at how few bars there were in Palma Nova once you walked to the far end of the resort, seemed like more restaurants than bars. In fact there were very few beach front bars, not sure if there is a reason for this. I did enjoy strolling on the promenade on an evening; it is well kept and cleaned, as are all of the beaches.

The views from the hotel balcony were excellent, we were on the 6th floor and you could hear a lot of noise in the early hours - the only good thing about this was that I often woke up eary and sat on the balcony to watch the sun rise, I'll add some photos soon. You also get to see some funny sights of late night revellers staggering home in the early hours!

For me the best thing about the resorts was the quality of the beaches, if you wanted a busy beach with some good swimming and people watching you could find it, similarly, if you wanted a little more peace and quite you could find it. I was surprised to see that beach outside the Son Matias hotel was often busier than the Magalluf beach, but the section opposite the hotel was the quieter side of the beach. If you want water sports, Magalluf beach was better. There always seemed to be quite a variety of nationalities present on the beach, it certainly didn't seem as over run with Brits as I'd expected. I was also impressed by how well behaved people were, even on Magalluf beach seemed very relaxed and respectful, this might not be the case in July and August, but in June it was busy but never felt too busy.

Anyway, there's a starter, I hope to add some photos next week and add a few more comments. For any specific info, just let me know.
Back to top Go down
delboy
Mad Destination Expert
delboy

PostSubject: Re: Palma Nova / Magalluf June 2011   Palma Nova / Magalluf June 2011 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 29, 2011 4:37 pm

Hi Mac
You can either go into edit and add the pictures between you text or add them seperately but make sense to keep photos and text together. What we tend to do is to seperate the hotel accommodation review from the resort itself as there are two seperate section for both.

It helps the members first to look at the resort and then go to the accom section to see the hotels available.

Have a look at both sections it will give you an idea.

PS we can move stuff around if they are done seperate cheers

The worldwide section didn't originally have the accom split so some are together but now are split
Back to top Go down
mac

mac

PostSubject: Re: Palma Nova / Magalluf June 2011   Palma Nova / Magalluf June 2011 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 05, 2011 4:24 pm

Let's see if I can post pics, one of the beach;

Palma Nova / Magalluf June 2011 Amf112
Back to top Go down
mac

mac

PostSubject: Re: Palma Nova / Magalluf June 2011   Palma Nova / Magalluf June 2011 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 05, 2011 4:56 pm

View outside hotel Son Matias Beach;
Palma Nova / Magalluf June 2011 Amf212
view of hotel pool;
Palma Nova / Magalluf June 2011 Amglf010
On our balcony, 6th floor with amazing view;
Palma Nova / Magalluf June 2011 Amglf011
view from outside food area, that's me waving;
Palma Nova / Magalluf June 2011 Amglf012

Back to top Go down
mac

mac

PostSubject: Re: Palma Nova / Magalluf June 2011   Palma Nova / Magalluf June 2011 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 05, 2011 5:01 pm

view from beach of Son Matias Beach Hotel;
Palma Nova / Magalluf June 2011 Amglf013
View on Beach;
Palma Nova / Magalluf June 2011 Amglf015
front of Son Matias Hotel;
Palma Nova / Magalluf June 2011 Amf511
View form balcony as sun rises;
Palma Nova / Magalluf June 2011 Amf311
View from baclony;
Palma Nova / Magalluf June 2011 Amf411
Another beach photo;
Palma Nova / Magalluf June 2011 Amf610
Back to top Go down
beeech
Lil 'ol wine drinker
beeech

PostSubject: Re: Palma Nova / Magalluf June 2011   Palma Nova / Magalluf June 2011 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 05, 2011 5:24 pm

Fab pics ....

rep from me ! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
delboy
Mad Destination Expert
delboy

PostSubject: Re: Palma Nova / Magalluf June 2011   Palma Nova / Magalluf June 2011 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 05, 2011 5:40 pm

Yes very nice picture Mac cheers
Back to top Go down
Mick
ALL ROUND GOOD GUY
Mick

PostSubject: Re: Palma Nova / Magalluf June 2011   Palma Nova / Magalluf June 2011 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 05, 2011 5:59 pm

Nice one Mac. :-bd: Seeing them just makes you wish to be back there. deckchair sunny

mac

PostSubject: Re: Palma Nova / Magalluf June 2011   Palma Nova / Magalluf June 2011 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 05, 2011 6:25 pm

thanks, yes it does make me long for a little bit of sunshine but to be honest I quite enjoy the 4 season we get in the UK, you can have too much of a good thing anyway. I'll post some more when I get time.
Back to top Go down
Ddolfelin

Ddolfelin

PostSubject: Re: Palma Nova / Magalluf June 2011   Palma Nova / Magalluf June 2011 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 06, 2011 6:02 am

Excellent pictures, thanks Mac.
Back to top Go down
http://dddioramas.webs.com/
mac

mac

PostSubject: Re: Palma Nova / Magalluf June 2011   Palma Nova / Magalluf June 2011 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 06, 2011 5:17 pm

a few more pics, taken during the evenings!

night time view from hotel balcony;
Palma Nova / Magalluf June 2011 Amf512
street in Magalluf, early evening - we don't do late nights;
Palma Nova / Magalluf June 2011 Amf412
One of the many blokes selling tat! although some are amusing it can become annoying after a while.
Palma Nova / Magalluf June 2011 Amf611
Doing a spot of shopping, nice beach towels!
Palma Nova / Magalluf June 2011 Amf710
The sun rising;
Palma Nova / Magalluf June 2011 Amf711

Back to top Go down
mac

mac

PostSubject: Re: Palma Nova / Magalluf June 2011   Palma Nova / Magalluf June 2011 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 06, 2011 6:04 pm

On Magalluf beach;
Palma Nova / Magalluf June 2011 Amfs110
Back to top Go down
mac

mac

PostSubject: Re: Palma Nova / Magalluf June 2011   Palma Nova / Magalluf June 2011 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 06, 2011 6:08 pm

A few water sports pics;

The banana boat;
Palma Nova / Magalluf June 2011 Amfs310
Palma Nova / Magalluf June 2011 Amfs410
After the ride, it was OK but not as scary as expected and easier than I thought not to fall off!
Palma Nova / Magalluf June 2011 Amfs210
The daily booze boat, we didn't try it, not really my scene!
Palma Nova / Magalluf June 2011 Amfs510
From the far end of Magalluf beach look back to the peninsula;
Palma Nova / Magalluf June 2011 Amfs610
Back to top Go down
Mick
ALL ROUND GOOD GUY
Mick

PostSubject: Re: Palma Nova / Magalluf June 2011   Palma Nova / Magalluf June 2011 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 06, 2011 7:18 pm

Great photo's again Mac. :-bd:

Girl Power Member
roamer

PostSubject: Re: Palma Nova / Magalluf June 2011   Palma Nova / Magalluf June 2011 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 06, 2011 8:13 pm

I'm loving the night time balcony shot. The moon looks like a giant lightbulb.
Back to top Go down
http://fiona-king.co.uk
Mark
Majorca Mad
Mark

PostSubject: Re: Palma Nova / Magalluf June 2011   Palma Nova / Magalluf June 2011 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 06, 2011 11:42 pm

Can't have too many pics Mac Very Happy Rep from me Very Happy
Back to top Go down
theboss
Girl Power Member
theboss

PostSubject: Re: Palma Nova / Magalluf June 2011   Palma Nova / Magalluf June 2011 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 07, 2011 1:00 am

Lovely pics Mac - what make/model of camera did you take those shots on?
Back to top Go down
Daryn
Admin
Daryn

PostSubject: Re: Palma Nova / Magalluf June 2011   Palma Nova / Magalluf June 2011 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 07, 2011 3:44 am

Yep I loved that night shot as well it was brilliant and a rep from me ,keep them coming mate, that sunrise pic as well another great shot, you must let us know what camera you are using , that night shot has blown me away you got it brilliant

WirralScouse
DE/Prophet of Doom
WirralScouse

PostSubject: Re: Palma Nova / Magalluf June 2011   Palma Nova / Magalluf June 2011 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 07, 2011 9:41 am

Bril snaps Mac.Does your lady workout because she looks well-toned?

And well-tanned too! Laughing
Back to top Go down
mac

mac

PostSubject: Re: Palma Nova / Magalluf June 2011   Palma Nova / Magalluf June 2011 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 07, 2011 12:39 pm

I have two camera's, both Canon's. One is what I call my beer camera, just because I can put it in my pocket when I go out at night, but it actually takes decent pics, it is a Canon sureshot, not sure which type. The better camera is a Powershot SX30 (I think), which is essentially a cross between a point and shoot and an SLR, so it takes decent shots but is fixed lens and relatively portable. I would like to get a full SLR one day.

My other half does a little running and a couple of gym classes a week, she also tans very quickly, unlike me!
Back to top Go down
mac

mac

PostSubject: Re: Palma Nova / Magalluf June 2011   Palma Nova / Magalluf June 2011 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 13, 2011 5:28 pm

a few more pics;

on the edge of Magaluf beach look back;
Palma Nova / Magalluf June 2011 1amf9x10
Magaluf beach, near the main strip;
Palma Nova / Magalluf June 2011 2amf1010
a full beach in Palma Nova;
Palma Nova / Magalluf June 2011 3amf1410
On Magaluf beach, by the volleyball area;
Palma Nova / Magalluf June 2011 4amf1110
Night out, having fun the guys selling tat!
Palma Nova / Magalluf June 2011 6amf1310

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Palma Nova / Magalluf June 2011   Palma Nova / Magalluf June 2011 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Palma Nova / Magalluf June 2011

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Welcome to the Majorca and Worldwide Travel Forum :: MAJORCA SECTION :: MAJORCA ACCOMMODATION / MAJORCA RESORT REVIEW SECTIONS :: PALMA NOVA :: PALMA NOVA RESORT-
Jump to:  
Create a forum | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Contact | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com