Welcome to the Majorca and Worldwide Travel Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Majorca Travel Forum / Majorca Help and Information Forum

HomeHome  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

El Dorado Casitas Royale

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
roamer
Girl Power Member
roamer

El Dorado Casitas Royale _
PostSubject: El Dorado Casitas Royale   El Dorado Casitas Royale Icon_minitimeMon Oct 24, 2011 8:20 pm

We booked the El Dorado Royale (Casita section) for January 2011. We wanted a really relaxing break so opted for a 5 star all inclusive on the Riviera maya. We were treating ourselves so chose to book the ground floor of a Casita in the quieter section of the hotel. On arrival we were taken to our casita reception area in a buggy to check in and were given Champagne. We were then taken to our Casita.
For every 12 Casita’s there was a swimming pool. Guests could use any of the 13 pools on the complex but often used ones nearest their accommodation. Our pool was usually quiet and it had a swim up bar.
The casitas can just be seen behind the bar.
El Dorado Casitas Royale 179298_490055837796_665752796_6568358_8146878_n1

We were in the pelicanos bar section. The Barman was very attentive and regularly came round to ask what we wanted. Sometimes he would just come with a drink if we were on the beach. Often he would write our names on our vodka mudslides in chocolate sauce.
As you can see the curtains used to make RM swimwear were not stolen from PN
El Dorado Casitas Royale 167933_490055052796_665752796_6568335_3102328_n1
El Dorado Casitas Royale 164814_490059557796_665752796_6568429_6048203_n1

There was also a young man who came around regularly offering water, sandwiches, books, fruit and lollies.
Staff in general were all polite and had a happy outlook probably when they weren’t always feeling it.
The beach was just across a pathway and Casita guests could use the shaded beds.
El Dorado Casitas Royale 180872_490053417796_665752796_6568282_1929098_n1
El Dorado Casitas Royale 180055_490055767796_665752796_6568357_153936_n1
Our Casitas were lovely. We had a Jacuzzi, an indoor and outdoor shower, good air conditioning.
El Dorado Casitas Royale 168599_490060557796_665752796_6568472_1528924_n1
El Dorado Casitas Royale 163414_490060647796_665752796_6568473_5411551_n1
El Dorado Casitas Royale 166624_490060747796_665752796_6568475_3306660_n1
El Dorado Casitas Royale 163414_490060647796_665752796_6568473_5411551_n1
El Dorado Casitas Royale 097
This is our balcony area
El Dorado Casitas Royale 100
They were cleaned daily and the mini bar was restocked with drinks and snacks. (Sol beer, pepsi and 7 up) you could choose what you wanted. Each night we had turndown service and a chocolate left on our bed.You could also choose a pillow and a fragrance from a menu. One night RM answered the door and said not to bother but tipped and said we will have the chocolate. After that we got 1 chocolate each left every night. We also had a variety of towel animals left in our room.
El Dorado Casitas Royale 113
It was a big complex. We walked everywhere as we seriously needed the exercise after the lovely food. You could wait for a golf buggy to get around.
Food wise, I didn’t take many pictures but the food was amazing IMO. There were 7 restaurants; La Fondue was all Fondues unsurprisingly. We never tried this because I don’t eat cheese. It always looked like a lovely relaxing place to go and I think RM would have liked it. Fuentes was advertised as Mexican style but we only ate here once and were disappointed. It was buffet style and not to my taste as much as some of the others. Cocotal was excellent for breakfast and I believe Fuentes was similar so people tended to go to the closest. They were buffet style but omelettes pancakes and waffles were made to order and there was a chocolate fountain. You could also have made to order breakfast at the Asian style restaurant Kampi and La Isla. Both were excellent.
In the evenings we ate a lot at D’Italia which was really good. Also at the Kampi. You had to book for these but got priority if in a Casita. (There did seem to be a bit of a hotel class system going on). There was also JoJos which did a similar menu at lunch and dinner. We had lunch there a couple of times which was good. In addition there was a burger stall which parked by the pools over lunch and a health bar which served healthy lunches and smoothies. Also a place which served pizza’s and burgers open for lunches and a Mexican place which was good.
Drinks were all good, you could get premium brands at no extra cost, some wines and lobster was not included but that’s about all.
The Martini bar was excellent, very luxurious. Pistachios and bar snacks always available. We spent the one rainy day quite happily in here working down the list of Martinis.
El Dorado Casitas Royale 167697_490054512796_665752796_6568316_4096277_n1
There were a few bars dotted around. The entertainment was mainly in the swing bar. We didn’t see much so can’t comment but they had Michael Jackson tributes and similar which people who went enjoyed. We prefered to sample and enjoy local traditions such as the Mexican Flag beverage or a Miami Vice.
El Dorado Casitas Royale 180707_490062412796_665752796_6568529_2045385_n1
El Dorado Casitas Royale 183897_10150105007917758_731617757_6457542_316147_n1
There was a bit of a hard sell on timeshare as the Concierge based in our reception was on commission but I think he realised that we didn’t have the kind of money required so didn’t hassle us too much
Iguanas basked around all over the place and there was a croc out back in the swamps. We saw a raccoon and lots of colourful birds

El Dorado Casitas Royale 043
This is the view from the reception. some Casitas had a lazy river leading to the pools
El Dorado Casitas Royale 046

Last edited by roamer on Thu Jun 14, 2012 4:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://fiona-king.co.uk
delboy
Mad Destination Expert
delboy

PostSubject: Re: El Dorado Casitas Royale   El Dorado Casitas Royale Icon_minitimeMon Oct 24, 2011 8:29 pm

Execellent review and lovely place Roamer have a rep from me
Back to top Go down
beeech
Lil 'ol wine drinker
beeech

PostSubject: Re: El Dorado Casitas Royale   El Dorado Casitas Royale Icon_minitimeMon Oct 24, 2011 8:34 pm

Looks fab roamer !

rep from me too Very Happy
Back to top Go down
roamer
Girl Power Member
roamer

PostSubject: Re: El Dorado Casitas Royale   El Dorado Casitas Royale Icon_minitimeMon Oct 24, 2011 8:34 pm

Forgot this pic of our Casita
El Dorado Casitas Royale 095
Back to top Go down
WirralScouse
DE/Prophet of Doom
WirralScouse

PostSubject: Re: El Dorado Casitas Royale   El Dorado Casitas Royale Icon_minitimeMon Oct 24, 2011 9:10 pm

My heaven it looks fantastic.But such a long flight.RM loves his drinks.Great review one of the best.
Back to top Go down
Daryn
Admin
Daryn

PostSubject: Re: El Dorado Casitas Royale   El Dorado Casitas Royale Icon_minitimeMon Oct 24, 2011 9:13 pm

Fantastic pics and review and a rep from me cheers

Mick
ALL ROUND GOOD GUY
Mick

PostSubject: Re: El Dorado Casitas Royale   El Dorado Casitas Royale Icon_minitimeMon Oct 24, 2011 9:24 pm

Absolutely brilliant review with the accompanying photo's Roamer, well worth a rep. :-bd:

Majorca Mad
Mark

PostSubject: Re: El Dorado Casitas Royale   El Dorado Casitas Royale Icon_minitimeMon Oct 24, 2011 9:30 pm

Yes a rep from me too Roamer.
Having been to Mexico ourselves we know exactly what you are talking about. I really believe you have to go to understand this. Steak & eggs cooked to order for breakfast is an alien concept to Spanish all inclusives Rolling Eyes Washed down with high quality Bucks fizz. Hmmm drunken

Whilst Ramblinman might not have run up those shorts from curtains in PN, those earlier versions pictured above still appear to have a piece of curtain pole attached to the insides lolol lolol lolol
Back to top Go down
beeech
Lil 'ol wine drinker
beeech

PostSubject: Re: El Dorado Casitas Royale   El Dorado Casitas Royale Icon_minitimeMon Oct 24, 2011 9:33 pm

I was too polite to comment..................... smile
Back to top Go down
debdon
OFFICIAL VODKA TASTER
debdon

PostSubject: Re: El Dorado Casitas Royale   El Dorado Casitas Royale Icon_minitimeMon Oct 24, 2011 9:37 pm

Excellent roamer, looks gorgeous wow
Back to top Go down
http://www.debssweetdelights.co.uk
Mark
Majorca Mad
Mark

PostSubject: Re: El Dorado Casitas Royale   El Dorado Casitas Royale Icon_minitimeMon Oct 24, 2011 9:39 pm

debdon wrote:
Excellent roamer, looks gorgeous wow

I assume you are talking about the section of curtain pole? Shocked Shocked Shocked
Back to top Go down
delboy
Mad Destination Expert
delboy

PostSubject: Re: El Dorado Casitas Royale   El Dorado Casitas Royale Icon_minitimeMon Oct 24, 2011 9:43 pm

I take it RB has a beige set of shorts now as well lol!
Back to top Go down
debdon
OFFICIAL VODKA TASTER
debdon

PostSubject: Re: El Dorado Casitas Royale   El Dorado Casitas Royale Icon_minitimeMon Oct 24, 2011 9:44 pm

The review of course :n!b: I dunno some people coy
Back to top Go down
http://www.debssweetdelights.co.uk
Mick
ALL ROUND GOOD GUY
Mick

PostSubject: Re: El Dorado Casitas Royale   El Dorado Casitas Royale Icon_minitimeMon Oct 24, 2011 9:46 pm

Also RM has a pair made out of Iguana skin as well. wink

Girl Power Member
roamer

PostSubject: Re: El Dorado Casitas Royale   El Dorado Casitas Royale Icon_minitimeMon Oct 24, 2011 10:02 pm

Mark wrote:
Yes a rep from me too Roamer.
Having been to Mexico ourselves we know exactly what you are talking about. I really believe you have to go to understand this. Steak & eggs cooked to order for breakfast is an alien concept to Spanish all inclusives Rolling Eyes Washed down with high quality Bucks fizz. Hmmm drunken

Whilst Ramblinman might not have run up those shorts from curtains in PN, those earlier versions pictured above still appear to have a piece of curtain pole attached to the insides lolol lolol lolol

rolling laughing rolling laughing

Well he did have Ursula Andress sunbathing on the next bed deckchair
Back to top Go down
roamer
Girl Power Member
roamer

PostSubject: Re: El Dorado Casitas Royale   El Dorado Casitas Royale Icon_minitimeMon Oct 24, 2011 10:08 pm

Its worth mentioning that the Secrets Maroma did well on trip advisor. There are no sandbags in the sea so the beach is rated better. A friend we met while at the Casitas went to the Maroma in July and much prefered the El Dorado. They have stayed at lots of lovely places in 5 stars and she rates this one as number one.
Back to top Go down
delboy
Mad Destination Expert
delboy

PostSubject: Re: El Dorado Casitas Royale   El Dorado Casitas Royale Icon_minitimeMon Oct 24, 2011 10:18 pm

I know about 5/6 years ago they had a tornado/hurricane which wiped a large amount of the beaches away, Perhaps that's why they may have sandbags to hold the beach in place
Back to top Go down
roamer
Girl Power Member
roamer

PostSubject: Re: El Dorado Casitas Royale   El Dorado Casitas Royale Icon_minitimeMon Oct 24, 2011 10:34 pm

Exactly right DB. There was severe damage cause by a hurricane. I didn't mind the bags at all. They looked like whales if you use your imagination and you could snorkle safely near them.
Back to top Go down
Mick
ALL ROUND GOOD GUY
Mick

PostSubject: Re: El Dorado Casitas Royale   El Dorado Casitas Royale Icon_minitimeMon Oct 24, 2011 10:37 pm

roamer wrote:
Exactly right DB. There was severe damage cause by a hurricane. I didn't mind the bags at all. They looked like whales if you use your imagination and you could snorkle safely near them.

The Highlander, Yozef & Jan would feel at home there then Roamer. wink

Girl Power Member
roamer

PostSubject: Re: El Dorado Casitas Royale   El Dorado Casitas Royale Icon_minitimeMon Oct 24, 2011 10:43 pm

Mick wrote:
roamer wrote:

Thats a bit personal Mick. Yozef and Jan didn't gain that much weight. smile
Back to top Go down
Mick
ALL ROUND GOOD GUY
Mick

PostSubject: Re: El Dorado Casitas Royale   El Dorado Casitas Royale Icon_minitimeMon Oct 24, 2011 10:46 pm

roamer wrote:
Mick wrote:
roamer wrote:

Thats a bit personal Mick. Yozef and Jan didn't gain that much weight. smile

Whoops, I meant the country not the marine mammals. Embarassed Im sorry

ALL ROUND DESTINATION EXPERT
Hayzer

PostSubject: Re: El Dorado Casitas Royale   El Dorado Casitas Royale Icon_minitimeMon Oct 24, 2011 11:01 pm

Looks fab roamer, we went to Mexico for our honeymoon and loved it. Always said we would go back but never did.

Girl Power Member
theboss

PostSubject: Re: El Dorado Casitas Royale   El Dorado Casitas Royale Icon_minitimeFri Nov 04, 2011 10:35 pm

Very enjoyable Roamer . . . . was the sand on the beach white and powdery? How long was the flight time? Oh and do you require jabs? Rep from me too - well done cheers
Back to top Go down
Mark
Majorca Mad
Mark

PostSubject: Re: El Dorado Casitas Royale   El Dorado Casitas Royale Icon_minitimeFri Nov 04, 2011 10:57 pm

Sand is Caribbean white TB (i've been too lol)

El Dorado Casitas Royale SAM_0242

11 hours flight time out, 9.5 hours back.

No jabs required
Back to top Go down
theboss
Girl Power Member
theboss

PostSubject: Re: El Dorado Casitas Royale   El Dorado Casitas Royale Icon_minitimeFri Nov 04, 2011 11:10 pm

Ooooh . . . . that looks VERY nice! I love the feel of that fine powdery sand between my toes! Very Happy

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: El Dorado Casitas Royale   El Dorado Casitas Royale Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

El Dorado Casitas Royale

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Welcome to the Majorca and Worldwide Travel Forum :: WORLDWIDE TRAVEL REVIEW SECTION NEW FOR 2011. EST 18/05/11 :: ENTER HERE :: MEXICO :: HOTEL/ACCOM REVIEW SECTION-
Jump to:  
Free forum hosting | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Contact | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com