Welcome to the Majorca and Worldwide Travel Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Majorca Travel Forum / Majorca Help and Information Forum

HomeHome  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

Palma City my take.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Mick
ALL ROUND GOOD GUY
Mick

Palma City my take. _
PostSubject: Palma City my take.   Palma City my take. Icon_minitimeMon Oct 17, 2011 1:20 pm

On the last but one day of our holiday, myself & San ventured into Palma City to meet up with San's cousins, who were about to go on a 7 day cruise around the Med. We had breakfast in the apartment, then went to Canto's to take a book back that San had read & say goodbye to Sandra the Manager, & had a drink before we caught the bus..
Palma City my take. 24110
We caught the bus into Palma, which was 2.90 euro's each, which I thought was excellent value for money. Also it was another great way of seeing different parts of the Island, on the way into Palma. We passed Son Caliu, Portal Nous, Illetes, Bendinat & Sant Agusti to name a few. We got into Palma at about 11.45 & got off close to the Cathedral.
Palma City my take. 24211
A busy road that we had to cross to get to the Cathedral area.
Palma City my take. 24310
We found a cafe bar right opposite the Cathedral & fountains, called The Guinness House.
Palma City my take. 24511
We sat down & I ordered a paint of lager shandy for San & a paint of cider for me. Good job that I was sitting down as I would have fell down when they brought us the bill. pale affraid
Palma City my take. Photo019
12 euro's for 2 paints, as it said on the bill. fainting San heard 2 British ladies querying their bill as it was 10 euro's for 2 waters. :n!b:
We then paid the bill, sob & walked towards the Cathedral, when we came across a Street Artist Statue guy from Estonia, who as you can see from the photo I shot in a shoot out. He must have seen me put some loose change into his hat & made me feel guilty as I added another euro. sad
Palma City my take. 24610
We then proceeded into the city to have a walk around, taking photo's of fine Government buildings,
Palma City my take. 24710
& a shop named after one of my sisters.
Palma City my take. 24910
We stopped off at a little square where I had a pizza with coffee & San had a tuna baguette with a wine. 14 euro's so I was very pleased with that, after the 2 paints episode. :-bd:
When then came across a little church, just after Plaza Espana, where, as it was my Mum's 2nd anniversary of her passing away, we went inside & lit a candle in her memory. Ironically look at the name of the church, uncanny.
Palma City my take. 25010
The entrance way into the Church of Saint Michael.
Palma City my take. 25110
We then walked back through the city to head to the port to meet San's relations, walking down Palma's Las Ramblas, taking a few photo's on the way.
Palma City my take. 25210
Similar photo's taken by Delboy on his thread.
Palma City my take. 25310
We then walked from the Cathedral area to the port where the ship was, it must have been a good mile & a half at least in the heat. hot Where we took in all sizes of boats & yachts on the way past, there is some serious money in these yachts.
Palma City my take. 25410
Then we came across their ship in the port, & made our way to a bar opposite to meet them. We met up with San's family for an hour or so, One Englishman & 6 Scots, I was heavily outnumbered. So I made friends with Danny the Spanish Barman, who took this photo, as Scotland were playing Spain that night. clever
Palma City my take. 25710
San & her 2 cousins Margaret & Margaret, it got very confusing.
Palma City my take. 25510
One of the Margaret's husbands, Alec, in the light blue shirt, remarked on my hire car, I think that he was a bit jealous to be honest.
Palma City my take. 25910
This was their ship, Island Escape, waiting to sail at 11pm that night.
Palma City my take. 26010
We thoroughly enjoyed our trip into Palma, & I hope that you enjoyed my blog/review & photo's. :tup:

OFFICIAL VODKA TASTER
debdon

Palma City my take. _
PostSubject: Re: Palma City my take.   Palma City my take. Icon_minitimeMon Oct 17, 2011 1:32 pm

That was great Mick, funny how in all the years we have been going to Majorca we have never been to Palma sad surprised

Always far too busy laid out on sunbeds wink
Back to top Go down
http://www.debssweetdelights.co.uk
Mick
ALL ROUND GOOD GUY
Mick

Palma City my take. _
PostSubject: Re: Palma City my take.   Palma City my take. Icon_minitimeMon Oct 17, 2011 1:37 pm

TBH, we may not have gone either, but because of San's family, that is the reason we went. I must admit it is well worth a day out, as is like so much of the Island.

OFFICIAL VODKA TASTER
debdon

Palma City my take. _
PostSubject: Re: Palma City my take.   Palma City my take. Icon_minitimeMon Oct 17, 2011 1:46 pm

Good job we didn't have the meet up in that bar, 6 euros a paint ..... affraid
Back to top Go down
Mick
ALL ROUND GOOD GUY
Mick

Palma City my take. _
PostSubject: Re: Palma City my take.   Palma City my take. Icon_minitimeMon Oct 17, 2011 2:31 pm

Moocher wouldn't have come, way over his budget, just for one paint. wink

Girl Power Member
roamer

Palma City my take. _
PostSubject: Re: Palma City my take.   Palma City my take. Icon_minitimeMon Oct 17, 2011 3:42 pm

Looks like an interesting city Mick. the estonia guy is a ringer for Bruce Forsythe.
Back to top Go down
http://fiona-king.co.uk
Mick
ALL ROUND GOOD GUY
Mick

Palma City my take. _
PostSubject: Re: Palma City my take.   Palma City my take. Icon_minitimeMon Oct 17, 2011 3:44 pm

That's why he said to San, "Nice to see you, to see you nice." lol! lol!

Mad Destination Expert
delboy

Palma City my take. _
PostSubject: Re: Palma City my take.   Palma City my take. Icon_minitimeMon Oct 17, 2011 4:10 pm

Yes nice blog Mick, even Delboy got ripped off with 12 euros for two beers but they only do it once Fight
Back to top Go down
Mick
ALL ROUND GOOD GUY
Mick

Palma City my take. _
PostSubject: Re: Palma City my take.   Palma City my take. Icon_minitimeMon Oct 17, 2011 4:20 pm

It is a wonder that you didn't take it back to them & say, "I don't think that this price is right Senor?" Then get some money back like you do at Tesco's mate. wink

Admin
Daryn

Palma City my take. _
PostSubject: Re: Palma City my take.   Palma City my take. Icon_minitimeMon Oct 17, 2011 4:26 pm

That was fantastic Mick well done, there is some lovely bars around Palma we went with Kate one night, getting the taxi back was alot cheaper than I thought, cant remember the exact price but was surprised.

debdon
OFFICIAL VODKA TASTER
debdon

Palma City my take. _
PostSubject: Re: Palma City my take.   Palma City my take. Icon_minitimeMon Oct 17, 2011 4:26 pm

He couldn't find the customer service desk lol!
Back to top Go down
delboy
Mad Destination Expert
delboy

Palma City my take. _
PostSubject: Re: Palma City my take.   Palma City my take. Icon_minitimeMon Oct 17, 2011 4:27 pm

I had drunk the contents Mick sob
Back to top Go down
Mick
ALL ROUND GOOD GUY
Mick

Palma City my take. _
PostSubject: Re: Palma City my take.   Palma City my take. Icon_minitimeMon Oct 17, 2011 4:27 pm

Daryn wrote:
That was fantastic Mick well done, there is some lovely bars around Palma we went with Kate one night, getting the taxi back was alot cheaper than I thought, cant remember the exact price but was surprised.

No bloody reps though, I slaved over the PC for an hour as well. sob

lol! lol! lol! lol!

OFFICIAL VODKA TASTER
debdon

Palma City my take. _
PostSubject: Re: Palma City my take.   Palma City my take. Icon_minitimeMon Oct 17, 2011 4:29 pm

Stop moaning................you got one now rolling laughing rolling laughing
Back to top Go down
Mick
ALL ROUND GOOD GUY
Mick

Palma City my take. _
PostSubject: Re: Palma City my take.   Palma City my take. Icon_minitimeMon Oct 17, 2011 4:30 pm

Only one!!!! :n!b:

lolol lolol

Girl Power Member
roamer

Palma City my take. _
PostSubject: Re: Palma City my take.   Palma City my take. Icon_minitimeMon Oct 17, 2011 4:31 pm

Sorry how remiss of me. Laughing
Back to top Go down
http://fiona-king.co.uk
Mick
ALL ROUND GOOD GUY
Mick

Palma City my take. _
PostSubject: Re: Palma City my take.   Palma City my take. Icon_minitimeMon Oct 17, 2011 4:32 pm

I have heard of a Miss, a Mrs. & a Ms., but never a Remiss? wink

Lil 'ol wine drinker
beeech

Palma City my take. _
PostSubject: Re: Palma City my take.   Palma City my take. Icon_minitimeMon Oct 17, 2011 5:15 pm

rep from me Mick !

I love it in Palma.We go a few times during our stay - day and night.

I went to that guinness bar too this year - fab location ....It wasn't me paying the bill though, so wasn't bothered about prices Very Happy

Did you pass through Placa Major ( the square ) ?.....great for entertainment and people watching Very Happy
Back to top Go down
debdon
OFFICIAL VODKA TASTER
debdon

Palma City my take. _
PostSubject: Re: Palma City my take.   Palma City my take. Icon_minitimeMon Oct 17, 2011 5:37 pm

Mick wrote:
I have heard of a Miss, a Mrs. & a Ms., but never a Remiss? wink

Thought you were a remiss at the weekends Mick wink (or is that our secret) Sshhhhh surprised
Back to top Go down
Mick
ALL ROUND GOOD GUY
Mick

Palma City my take. _
PostSubject: Re: Palma City my take.   Palma City my take. Icon_minitimeMon Oct 17, 2011 5:49 pm

beeech wrote:

rep from me Mick !

I love it in Palma.We go a few times during our stay - day and night.

I went to that guinness bar too this year - fab location ....It wasn't me paying the bill though, so wasn't bothered about prices Very Happy

Did you pass through Placa Major ( the square ) ?.....great for entertainment and people watching Very Happy

Good job that you weren't paying for the drinks Beeech. affraid I wrote Plaza Espana in the blog, but I meant Plaza Major Beeech. Embarassed Yes we walked through there just before the church that I mentioned. A lot of street entertainers & guys selling bags, but nobody would take San off my hands, I thank you. wink A great place & well worth another visit next time we are in Mallorca. :-bd:

Girl Power Member
theboss

Palma City my take. _
PostSubject: Re: Palma City my take.   Palma City my take. Icon_minitimeMon Oct 17, 2011 5:54 pm

Nice pics, Mick - except the one of the Estonian guy, whose 6 pack you ruined Shocked

Rep from me!
Back to top Go down
Mick
ALL ROUND GOOD GUY
Mick

Palma City my take. _
PostSubject: Re: Palma City my take.   Palma City my take. Icon_minitimeMon Oct 17, 2011 5:56 pm

I was quicker on the draw than him Boss. wink

Girl Power Member
theboss

Palma City my take. _
PostSubject: Re: Palma City my take.   Palma City my take. Icon_minitimeMon Oct 17, 2011 6:08 pm

NO MICK - we do NOT want to hear about your weapon . . . .

Palma City my take. 151859
Back to top Go down
Mick
ALL ROUND GOOD GUY
Mick

Palma City my take. _
PostSubject: Re: Palma City my take.   Palma City my take. Icon_minitimeMon Oct 17, 2011 6:11 pm

Oh go on Boss, let me have my moment of glory. wink

Girl Power Member
theboss

Palma City my take. _
PostSubject: Re: Palma City my take.   Palma City my take. Icon_minitimeMon Oct 17, 2011 6:18 pm

More like moment of GOREY! Shocked
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Palma City my take. _
PostSubject: Re: Palma City my take.   Palma City my take. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Palma City my take.

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Welcome to the Majorca and Worldwide Travel Forum :: MAJORCA SECTION :: MAJORCA ACCOMMODATION / MAJORCA RESORT REVIEW SECTIONS :: PALMA :: PALMA RESORT-
Jump to:  
Forum create on Forumotion | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Contact | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com