Welcome to the Majorca and Worldwide Travel Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Majorca Travel Forum / Majorca Help and Information Forum

HomeHome  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

Meet up dates 2012

View previous topic View next topic Go down 

Can you make Monday 1st Oct 2012 for the main meet up?
Yes
Meet up dates 2012 Vote_lcap75%Meet up dates 2012 Vote_rcap
 75% [ 3 ]
No
Meet up dates 2012 Vote_lcap25%Meet up dates 2012 Vote_rcap
 25% [ 1 ]
Don't know yet
Meet up dates 2012 Vote_lcap0%Meet up dates 2012 Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 4

Poll closed

AuthorMessage
Mark
Majorca Mad
Mark

Meet up dates 2012 _
PostSubject: Meet up dates 2012   Meet up dates 2012 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 09, 2011 9:29 pm

It is proposed that there be a pre meet up on Saturday 29th September 2012, with the main meet up on Monday 1st October 2012.
Venues to come later.

Let's hear your views please. Make it / can't make it comments gratefully considered.
Back to top Go down
Daryn
Admin
Daryn

Meet up dates 2012 _
PostSubject: Re: Meet up dates 2012   Meet up dates 2012 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 09, 2011 9:31 pm

My vote is cast

WirralScouse
DE/Prophet of Doom
WirralScouse

Meet up dates 2012 _
PostSubject: Re: Meet up dates 2012   Meet up dates 2012 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 09, 2011 9:48 pm

Meet up Sat 29th Sept.
Back to top Go down
yozef
MF joke teller
yozef

Meet up dates 2012 _
PostSubject: Re: Meet up dates 2012   Meet up dates 2012 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 09, 2011 9:55 pm

meet up sat 29th sept
Back to top Go down
Mark
Majorca Mad
Mark

Meet up dates 2012 _
PostSubject: Re: Meet up dates 2012   Meet up dates 2012 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 09, 2011 10:11 pm

yozef wrote:
meet up sat 29th sept

That's different to what you put on the other thread mate?

There appears to be a move towards no 'pre meet up' or warm up meeting. TBH this might be the way forward. The ones that are there for a week or two meet up several times on different occasions anyway.
Back to top Go down
yozef
MF joke teller
yozef

Meet up dates 2012 _
PostSubject: Re: Meet up dates 2012   Meet up dates 2012 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 09, 2011 10:23 pm

i was trying to work around the mon 1st date,which i thought was set in stone.

the sat 29th would suit me much better,we could fly out sat morning,do the meet up,die all day sun,fly home monday

only need to book one day off work

i usually work weekends also,so i will be losing money.

but i prefer that to using up our valuable works holidays,people "on the books"don't get many,jan gets 20,i average 25.

Back to top Go down
beeech
Lil 'ol wine drinker
beeech

Meet up dates 2012 _
PostSubject: Re: Meet up dates 2012   Meet up dates 2012 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 09, 2011 10:26 pm

how many days do you both work yozef ?
Back to top Go down
yozef
MF joke teller
yozef

Meet up dates 2012 _
PostSubject: Re: Meet up dates 2012   Meet up dates 2012 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 09, 2011 10:33 pm

jan works a forty hour week beeech,i work whatever the hours req'd on various shutdowns,why do you ask
Back to top Go down
beeech
Lil 'ol wine drinker
beeech

Meet up dates 2012 _
PostSubject: Re: Meet up dates 2012   Meet up dates 2012 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 09, 2011 10:37 pm

that seems very low amount of holidays ?

I had this argument with my boss a few weeks ago..................
Back to top Go down
yozef
MF joke teller
yozef

Meet up dates 2012 _
PostSubject: Re: Meet up dates 2012   Meet up dates 2012 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 09, 2011 10:46 pm

don't know about jan's case beech,but i'm a lifelong union member and our rates,hours,holidays have been thrashed out over the years.

i work on what are called "blue book" jobs ie best hourly rates ect,so i'm not going to earn more or get better holidays any where in the uk.

i have to sign a yearly "opt out" form which enables me to work very long hours

i'm currently working a 13 day fortnight,every other sunday off.these 13 days being 10 hour shifts.

not much fun beech,but must make hay while the sun shines Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
theboss
Girl Power Member
theboss

Meet up dates 2012 _
PostSubject: Re: Meet up dates 2012   Meet up dates 2012 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 09, 2011 11:35 pm

affraid Yosef - that sounds undoable almost! Hats off to you! cheers
Back to top Go down
WirralScouse
DE/Prophet of Doom
WirralScouse

Meet up dates 2012 _
PostSubject: Re: Meet up dates 2012   Meet up dates 2012 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 10, 2011 10:12 pm

Looked at cost of flights for dates either side of last weekend in Sept 2012 as that is probably going to be when it happens.Looks like my £75 return this year is a pipedream.EasyJet have flights up for Sept but still waiting for price for return in Oct.Ryanair LPL-PMI-LPL £150 before baggage and other (endless) charges but good flight times.EZY no good for me anyway as outbound flight is 0600.Jet2 from Manc also early morning flight but cheaper than Ryanair.I may just leave it for a few months and see if the prices of flights comes down (the flight times aren't going to change).

Have also looked at cost of digs on Travel Republic.Their Sale does not start until end December.Sol Mirlos 5 nights AI single occupancy of double room £306.I reckon in their sale this will come down to £260.I paid £215 this year for same.Thomson are doing a 7 nights HB package at Hotel Son Matias for £594 each of 2.I daresay they will have a sale too in January so I will hold off.
Back to top Go down
delboy
Mad Destination Expert
delboy

Meet up dates 2012 _
PostSubject: Re: Meet up dates 2012   Meet up dates 2012 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 10, 2011 10:17 pm

So no pressure on the dates for a while then wtf
Back to top Go down
Daryn
Admin
Daryn

Meet up dates 2012 _
PostSubject: Re: Meet up dates 2012   Meet up dates 2012 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 11, 2011 9:33 am

WS seeing how cheap it is for drinks and food is it not worth your while just doing B&B / H/B etc and drinking out. or even S/C Saboners was really cheap this year I could have had it for under £70 for me and Debbie, we paid £104 B/B at the Samos just wanted to try somewhere we hadnt been before. You spend alot of time on the road and out and about so is it really worth the A/I price

delboy
Mad Destination Expert
delboy

Meet up dates 2012 _
PostSubject: Re: Meet up dates 2012   Meet up dates 2012 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 11, 2011 9:54 am

Wirral may be considering the Residencia and helicoptering in with Mrs WS as Dads suggested
Back to top Go down
DadsBarmy

DadsBarmy

Meet up dates 2012 _
PostSubject: Re: Meet up dates 2012   Meet up dates 2012 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 11, 2011 10:00 am

I am amazed that so many of you can commit to a period of time 12 months in advance
I wish I had the ability to know what I will be doing in 12 weeks time.
The only dates I can commit to is the Donkey Groomers birthday 24th August, wedding anniversary 3rd November
and Christmas towards the end of December.
Childrens Birthdays in February, March, May and June unknown dates despite having been at the births,
Granchildrens 5 of, total mystery except it seems to be whenever we spend time together
Back to top Go down
delboy
Mad Destination Expert
delboy

Meet up dates 2012 _
PostSubject: Re: Meet up dates 2012   Meet up dates 2012 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 11, 2011 10:10 am

True Dads, nobody knows what in store for them

but for the forum, all you can do, is to set a date and those that can make it.. do.

There is no way that I am committing to flights at the moment but those that want to for the 'cheaper' offers, they will have a date soon
Back to top Go down
Daryn
Admin
Daryn

Meet up dates 2012 _
PostSubject: Re: Meet up dates 2012   Meet up dates 2012 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 11, 2011 10:21 am

Well routine Im afraid ,nothing really exciting happens to us lol and we have been doing it for many years now. I love the biginning of October in Maga, a bit of last minute warmth before the winter hits us in the UK. And we always like to get the flights as cheap as we can so first come first served. I rely on Graham to let me know hehehe

beeech
Lil 'ol wine drinker
beeech

Meet up dates 2012 _
PostSubject: Re: Meet up dates 2012   Meet up dates 2012 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 11, 2011 12:03 pm

Here you go WS - A nice little 5 nighter...

https://www.orient-express.com/web/olar/reservations.jsp?hid=olar&arrival=2012-09-28&departure=5&adults=2&tunnel=true&autoalt=true&language=en

and you don't have to pay all up-front smile
Back to top Go down
delboy
Mad Destination Expert
delboy

Meet up dates 2012 _
PostSubject: Re: Meet up dates 2012   Meet up dates 2012 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 11, 2011 12:24 pm

Crocs are put outside in the corridor at night for cleaning lol!
Back to top Go down
WirralScouse
DE/Prophet of Doom
WirralScouse

Meet up dates 2012 _
PostSubject: Re: Meet up dates 2012   Meet up dates 2012 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 11, 2011 1:14 pm

Thanks for the suggestions everybody especially Daryn.The dynamic is different for a solo traveller than a couple.Eating even breakfast alone is OK in a busy hotel restaurant.Eating breakfast alone in a S/C apartment is soulless.Even having dinner alone in Sol Mirlos was a social experience and not just because of the other MF delegates staying there.There were non MF guests who passed the time of day with me and when I wasn't on tinternet there were bar lounge lizards to chat with.I don't have two heads or leprosy and will happily get in conversation with anyone! Wink

The cost is immaterial to me.That sounds glib I know but really for less than £50 a night I had a double bedroom to myself,en-suite and balcony,all food I could possibly eat and as much drink as I wanted from 10am to Midnight.Hotel entertainment too if I wanted it-the stage shows not the people-watching! Even if I wanted it I couldn't get an apartment and all that food and drink for much less.

The accommodation isn't the problem as there is an infinite choice at all price/quality levels.If I went with Mrs WS I would go upmarket,Son Matias not La Residencia affraid nor even more realistically Bon Sol or Riu Bonanza in Illetas.

It's the cost and availability of suitable flights (ie not departing at daft o'clock which nearly all of them for 2012 are scheduled to do) that is more of a problem.

Looking at the plans already discussed by other delegates for 2012 there are going to be more short-hoppers than this year ergo there won't be so many dining-out in groups opportunities either side of the meet.
Back to top Go down
Daryn
Admin
Daryn

Meet up dates 2012 _
PostSubject: Re: Meet up dates 2012   Meet up dates 2012 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 11, 2011 1:22 pm

Glad you said cost wasnt a problem I will come down to wirrel in my taxi and drive you across to Mallorca, dont know how much it will be on the meter or the ferry but I will gave you a 10% discount and take off at anytime you wish.

rolling laughing

Mick
ALL ROUND GOOD GUY
Mick

Meet up dates 2012 _
PostSubject: Re: Meet up dates 2012   Meet up dates 2012 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 13, 2011 10:18 am

Sounds a good deal mate, pick me & San up on the way through please. lol!

Mad Destination Expert
delboy

Meet up dates 2012 _
PostSubject: Re: Meet up dates 2012   Meet up dates 2012 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 13, 2011 10:27 am

a stretch limo for the meet up cheers
Back to top Go down
Mick
ALL ROUND GOOD GUY
Mick

Meet up dates 2012 _
PostSubject: Re: Meet up dates 2012   Meet up dates 2012 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 13, 2011 11:02 am

Good thinking mate. lol!

Meet up dates 2012 _
PostSubject: Re: Meet up dates 2012   Meet up dates 2012 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Meet up dates 2012

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Welcome to the Majorca and Worldwide Travel Forum :: MAJORCA SECTION :: MAJORCA FORUM MEET UP DISCUSSIONS-
Jump to:  
Create a forum | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Contact | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com