Welcome to the Majorca and Worldwide Travel Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Majorca Travel Forum / Majorca Help and Information Forum

HomeHome  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

This years meet up

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next
AuthorMessage
Mark
Majorca Mad
Mark

This years meet up - Page 11 _
PostSubject: Re: This years meet up   This years meet up - Page 11 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 05, 2012 9:41 am

Sorry Mike but we went off tangent cos delboy said about the summer prices. Definitely cheaper in end Sep/early Oct. Compare prices with Sol Antillas though. Might not be so handy for the meet up venues, but might be a fair bit cheaper, yet similar comfort level?
Back to top Go down
Roving Mike

Roving Mike

PostSubject: Re: This years meet up   This years meet up - Page 11 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 05, 2012 9:46 am

Thanks for the pointer Mark.
Back to top Go down
http://travelprotales.blogspot.com
Mark
Majorca Mad
Mark

PostSubject: Re: This years meet up   This years meet up - Page 11 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 05, 2012 9:52 am

What airport would be your preference Mike? (for you I mean)
Back to top Go down
Mark
Majorca Mad
Mark

PostSubject: Re: This years meet up   This years meet up - Page 11 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 05, 2012 9:59 am

I ask cos I did a price comparison for Luton v Gatwick, Antillas v Son Matias, there's an astonishing £470 (total) difference between the two, for two very similar standard hotels.

This years meet up - Page 11 S_ant_11
Back to top Go down
Mick
ALL ROUND GOOD GUY
Mick

PostSubject: Re: This years meet up   This years meet up - Page 11 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 05, 2012 10:06 am

Mark wrote:
What airport would be your preference Mike? (for you I mean)

I think that Mike is in Devizes mate, so probably Bristol? Quite a difference in those two Mark, Antillas/Barbados is closer to the Piano Bar. wink

Roving Mike

PostSubject: Re: This years meet up   This years meet up - Page 11 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 05, 2012 10:09 am

Bristol or Gatwick if necessary.
Flintstones put me off a wee bit and I prefer B&B only as like to eat out most of time.
You wouldn't think I spent my whole life in travel would you!
Mind you my old next door neighbour was a landscape gardener but his garden was a dump!
Back to top Go down
Mick
ALL ROUND GOOD GUY
Mick

PostSubject: Re: This years meet up   This years meet up - Page 11 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 05, 2012 10:12 am

MikePlatt wrote:
Bristol or Gatwick if necessary.
Flintstones put me off a wee bit and I prefer B&B only as like to eat out most of time.
You wouldn't think I spent my whole life in travel would you!
Mind you my old next door neighbour was a landscape gardener but his garden was a dump!

Says he in some of the outfits we have seen & read about. nono

lolol lolol lolol lolol

Majorca Mad
Mark

PostSubject: Re: This years meet up   This years meet up - Page 11 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 05, 2012 10:21 am

At the end of Sep/beginning of Oct there won't be too many kids about Mike.

£490 buys a lot of taxi fares Mick.
Back to top Go down
Mick
ALL ROUND GOOD GUY
Mick

PostSubject: Re: This years meet up   This years meet up - Page 11 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 05, 2012 10:24 am

Also could pick me & San up on the way through mate. clever Go on Mike, book the Antillas/Barbados mate? clap clap

rolling laughing rolling laughing rolling laughing rolling laughing

Majorca Mad
Mark

PostSubject: Re: This years meet up   This years meet up - Page 11 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 05, 2012 10:29 am

If you prefer B & B Mike, the Sol Guadalupe might be a better bet, £427 for 7 nights 28 Sep - 5 Oct.

http://www.solmelia.com/search/rooms-and-rates.htm

And a couple of returns from Bristol with easyjet are about £125 each, with suitcases included.

Round trip transfer with Galitrans approx £60.

So;
£427 + £250 + £60 = £737

The other prices I did were for half board, but even so it's quite a saving. (£150 ish on the Antillas price, more on the Son Mat)

Daryn might chip in with a B & B price for the Samos later, but the Guadalupe is better quality.

Last edited by Mark on Mon Mar 05, 2012 10:32 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Mick
ALL ROUND GOOD GUY
Mick

PostSubject: Re: This years meet up   This years meet up - Page 11 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 05, 2012 10:31 am

Are you the new rep for that hotel then Mark? roll eyes

Roving Mike

PostSubject: Re: This years meet up   This years meet up - Page 11 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 05, 2012 10:42 am

Wow Mark thanks for that.
Mick, this taxi accepts tips in stellas as well!
Back to top Go down
Mick
ALL ROUND GOOD GUY
Mick

PostSubject: Re: This years meet up   This years meet up - Page 11 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 05, 2012 10:45 am

MikePlatt wrote:
Wow Mark thanks for that.
Mick, this taxi accepts tips in stellas as well!

FFS Stella, fainting could you not have the local lager Mike, you can get it for a euro to a euro 50 in some bars mate? clever PLEASE. clap clap

lol! lol! lol! lol!

Last edited by Mick on Mon Mar 05, 2012 10:47 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Mark
Majorca Mad
Mark

PostSubject: Re: This years meet up   This years meet up - Page 11 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 05, 2012 10:46 am

I thought you only gave out tips in reps now mate lolol
Back to top Go down
Mick
ALL ROUND GOOD GUY
Mick

PostSubject: Re: This years meet up   This years meet up - Page 11 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 05, 2012 10:48 am

Mark wrote:
I thought you only wanted tips in reps now mate lolol

Me or Mike is that aimed at mate? nono

lolol lolol lolol lolol

Majorca Mad
Mark

PostSubject: Re: This years meet up   This years meet up - Page 11 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 05, 2012 10:48 am

edited mate lol
Back to top Go down
Roving Mike

Roving Mike

PostSubject: Re: This years meet up   This years meet up - Page 11 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 05, 2012 11:07 am

Reps? What are those? Oh yes, those things I got when I was young and fresh and new!!

now then Mick, lets get things straight.
1) Having seen pictures of Debs I will be deeelighted to take her wherever she wants.
2) You should be aware that due to potential/traffic/roadwork congestion my route to Palma nova is via Sollier and Pollensa.
3) my stella/local exchange rate is 2.5 to the litre!
Back to top Go down
Mick
ALL ROUND GOOD GUY
Mick

PostSubject: Re: This years meet up   This years meet up - Page 11 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 05, 2012 11:11 am

MikePlatt wrote:
Reps? What are those? Oh yes, those things I got when I was young and fresh and new!!

now then Mick, lets get things straight.
1) Having seen pictures of Debs I will be deeelighted to take her wherever she wants.
2) You should be aware that due to potential/traffic/roadwork congestion my route to Palma nova is via Sollier and Pollensa.
3) my stella/local exchange rate is 2.5 to the litre!

You have lost me on that bit Mike?

Roving Mike

PostSubject: Re: This years meet up   This years meet up - Page 11 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 05, 2012 11:17 am

OOps I meant San!!, you know, the person on the left of your avatar, the good looking one, sorry!
Back to top Go down
Mick
ALL ROUND GOOD GUY
Mick

PostSubject: Re: This years meet up   This years meet up - Page 11 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 05, 2012 11:22 am

That hurt deeply Mike. sad sob In soft lighting I am quite handsome. wink

OFFICIAL VODKA TASTER
debdon

PostSubject: Re: This years meet up   This years meet up - Page 11 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 05, 2012 11:25 am

MIKe, I'm really not sure how to take that

OOps I meant San!!, you know, the person on the left of your avatar, the good looking one, sorry!

This years meet up - Page 11 90895 This years meet up - Page 11 499996
Back to top Go down
http://www.debssweetdelights.co.uk
Mick
ALL ROUND GOOD GUY
Mick

PostSubject: Re: This years meet up   This years meet up - Page 11 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 05, 2012 11:26 am

See what I mean mate? wink

This years meet up - Page 11 Black_10

ALL ROUND GOOD GUY
Mick

PostSubject: Re: This years meet up   This years meet up - Page 11 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 05, 2012 11:29 am

Now how do you feel Mike, you have not only upset me, but Deb's as well. eek Look what happened to H, when he crossed her, he got a battering. hitting himself

This years meet up - Page 11 11011

Roving Mike

PostSubject: Re: This years meet up   This years meet up - Page 11 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 05, 2012 11:29 am

Debs, I cannot see you. Are you the dot in the middle of your avatar.
it really is a very lovelly dot (crawl crawl grovel)
I have looked on the emoticons but I cannot find one depicting falling on swords.
Back to top Go down
Roving Mike

Roving Mike

PostSubject: Re: This years meet up   This years meet up - Page 11 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 05, 2012 11:30 am

Phooaaar. Need a taxi?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: This years meet up   This years meet up - Page 11 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

This years meet up

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 11 of 14Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Welcome to the Majorca and Worldwide Travel Forum :: MAJORCA SECTION :: MAJORCA FORUM MEET UP DISCUSSIONS-
Jump to:  
Make a forum | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Contact | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com