Welcome to the Majorca and Worldwide Travel Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Majorca Travel Forum / Majorca Help and Information Forum

HomeHome  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

Playa C'as Saboners

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
debdon
OFFICIAL VODKA TASTER
debdon

Playa C'as Saboners _
PostSubject: Playa C'as Saboners   Playa C'as Saboners Icon_minitimeSun Jul 31, 2011 5:41 pm

Taken in May 2011.

Playa C'as Saboners Holida26

Playa C'as Saboners Holida27

Playa C'as Saboners Holida28

Playa C'as Saboners Holida29

We will get some of the apartment when we go in sept.
Back to top Go down
http://www.debssweetdelights.co.uk
Mark
Majorca Mad
Mark

Playa C'as Saboners _
PostSubject: Re: Playa C'as Saboners   Playa C'as Saboners Icon_minitimeSun Jul 31, 2011 7:57 pm

Didn't Don think to take some snaps on a sunny day? lol Very Happy Good additions anyway Debs rules

Last edited by Mark on Mon Oct 15, 2012 9:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
debdon
OFFICIAL VODKA TASTER
debdon

Playa C'as Saboners _
PostSubject: Re: Playa C'as Saboners   Playa C'as Saboners Icon_minitimeSun Jul 31, 2011 9:22 pm

Yeah it was cloudy in them pics, can't think why as it was lovely weather the whole 10 days.........I think Embarassed I'm sure we have pics from others years on computer somewhere, will have a look.

Found some of Egypt earlier so will get them on as soon as. Got Grandchildren here now till tuesday evening so it may not be before then surprised
Back to top Go down
delboy
Mad Destination Expert
delboy

Playa C'as Saboners _
PostSubject: Re: Playa C'as Saboners   Playa C'as Saboners Icon_minitimeMon Aug 01, 2011 9:49 am

Yes like me the clouds come out so I go on tour of the resort with the camera with similar results. Good
to see the place Debs
Back to top Go down
Mick
ALL ROUND GOOD GUY
Mick

Playa C'as Saboners _
PostSubject: Re: Playa C'as Saboners   Playa C'as Saboners Icon_minitimeMon Aug 01, 2011 10:15 am

It was a bit cloudy the day me & San came to see you both, wasn't it Debs. sob

Playa C'as Saboners _
PostSubject: Had a great time, just a little worried which direction the C’as Saboners is going!   Playa C'as Saboners Icon_minitimeFri Aug 12, 2011 4:22 pm

The C'as Saboners provided us with a great, cheap & no-frills holiday. A nice short taxi journey from Palma airport and we were there - a lot shorter than our usual transfers to Cala d'Or or Cala Millor. A very speedy check-in and we were pleased that we had got what we had requested by email - a top floor apartment with sun in the morning and shaded late afternoon (Apt 230). All the staff are great and the animacion guys; Blake and the Danish girl spot on. It's take it or leave it as far as the daytime activities go, which is just how we like it. No pushy entertainment people trying to get you involved. Can't comment on the evening entertainment as we went out for a meal and a few drinks every night.

There was never a problem for us getting sunbeds and I'd say there were still some available as late as 11am and even throughout the rest of the day. Nice and spacious around the pool - not the usual packing them in like sardines and a good sized pool that never got crowded.

The apartment itself was spacious enough for three of us & four would have been fine. The air-conditioning is needed overnight and kept us nice and cool on it's lowest setting. Plenty of storage space and generally in OK condition. The bathroom was looking a little tired and could do with a bit of a refurb but it served it's purpose. Nice to sit out on the good sized private balcony first thing in the morning with a cuppa in the sun and then of an evening cooling off with a nice cold lager.

Good free wifi available in the air-conditioned reception if you need to catchup with any emails while you're away or just for checking the weather forecast.

The on site shop's a little expensive but what you expect really. Nice fresh baguettes available in the morning and large bottles of water which saves you carrying them any distance. The supermarket attached to the Viva Palma Nova next door is slightly cheaper and has a lot more choice - especially of beer & wine.

The apartments are ideally located and less than 2 minutes from a fantastic beach. Make sure you use the steps as this is the shortest route. Lots of restaurants along the beach front and in the surrounding streets. Can recommend Bar Maritime, Blue Bar & Viceroy Steak House.

We ventured further afield into Magaluff, although the two resorts are really just an extension of each other but with completely different atmospheres. Palma Nova very family orientated & Magluff, not surprisingly, catering for the younger element. Saying that we got a pleasant surprise along the eastern part of the beachfront in Magaluf, with the quality and atmosphere of the restaurants. There are some excellent places to either enjoy a great meal or to just sit back and enjoy a drink or two. Can recommend Crusoe's - great food, service, location & price!!

One thing I will add, and it’s already been identified by one other reviewer, is why does the C’as Saboners now appear on TA as in Magaluff. When I booked it was identified as being in Palma Nova – if it had shown up as Magalluf I would not have booked it purely because of the reputation that Magalluf has. And this is the point I’m wanting to make. The C’as Saboners, if identified as being in Magalluf, will attract a totally different crowd and not the groups of families that were prominent when we stayed there. There were a few all female/male groups staying there while we were there, although they were in the minority and didn’t cause too much noise of an evening. They were there to enjoy their own holidays after all. However during the day one particular group of Norwegians (there were no British groups – mainly Scandinavians and Irish), decided to drag the settees out of their apartment and onto the terrace – they were ground floor. It looked like an episode from Shameless when they were all sat around drinking & smoking. They then smashed a glass bottle around the pool, but give them their due, they did attempt to sweep it up, but this is where everyone is walking around bare foot. The same group would also sit on the edge of the pool drinking & smoking with no attempt by the lifeguard to stop them.

So it’s up to you C’as Saboners – do you want to attract the families (then move back into Palma Nova) or is it the younger rowdier crowd that you are wanting to attract (then leave the C’as Saboners as being in Magalluf) ??

Rant over – had a great time just a little worried which direction the C’as Saboners is going. PM me if you want any more info.

Room Tip: If you want sun in the morning & shade early evening then Apt 230 is one to ask for
Back to top Go down
delboy
Mad Destination Expert
delboy

Playa C'as Saboners _
PostSubject: Re: Playa C'as Saboners   Playa C'as Saboners Icon_minitimeFri Aug 12, 2011 4:29 pm

Thank you for the review Johnie, do you have any pictures of the room or surrounds to show people
Back to top Go down
WirralScouse
DE/Prophet of Doom
WirralScouse

Playa C'as Saboners _
PostSubject: Re: Playa C'as Saboners   Playa C'as Saboners Icon_minitimeFri Aug 12, 2011 5:05 pm

That's very good review jb.Rep from me too.I know exactly what you mean about whether is is beneficial for CasSabs to be listed under Magaluf.I think not.I know where it is and that it is a hit with other members of this forum.The Scandinavians who like a drink tend to go over the top on holiday in Spain because alcohol is fiercely expensive in their countries.I paid the equivalent of over £7 for a measure much less than a pint of lager at a harbourside open air bar in Bergen.
Back to top Go down
Mick
ALL ROUND GOOD GUY
Mick

Playa C'as Saboners _
PostSubject: Re: Playa C'as Saboners   Playa C'as Saboners Icon_minitimeFri Aug 12, 2011 6:16 pm

A great & honest review Johnieboy, a rep from me too. As above Debs & Don stayed there, me & San went there for an afternoon. Would definetly stay there ourselves probably next year I think. Any photo's you have would definetly finish off your review mate. cheers

Majorca Mad
Mark

Playa C'as Saboners _
PostSubject: Re: Playa C'as Saboners   Playa C'as Saboners Icon_minitimeFri Aug 12, 2011 8:48 pm

Nice one John! Very Happy :-bd:
Back to top Go down
Daryn
Admin
Daryn

Playa C'as Saboners _
PostSubject: Re: Playa C'as Saboners   Playa C'as Saboners Icon_minitimeSat Aug 13, 2011 2:47 pm

And a rep from me too, great honest review well done cheers

debdon
OFFICIAL VODKA TASTER
debdon

Playa C'as Saboners _
PostSubject: Re: Playa C'as Saboners   Playa C'as Saboners Icon_minitimeMon Aug 15, 2011 12:18 am

Mick wrote:
A great & honest review Johnieboy, a rep from me too. As above Debs & Don stayed there, me & San went there for an afternoon. Would definetly stay there ourselves probably next year I think. Any photo's you have would definetly finish off your review mate. cheers

If you are maybe wanting to stay there next year Mick, here is their own website that you can book up with

http://www.cassaboners.com/en/ if you book this year for next year they have 20% discount.

We are hoping to go in june/july with our daughter & grandchildren as son in law will be in Afghan mar - oct so he can't come & it wiill be the only chance for them to get a holiday.
Back to top Go down
debdon
OFFICIAL VODKA TASTER
debdon

Playa C'as Saboners _
PostSubject: Re: Playa C'as Saboners   Playa C'as Saboners Icon_minitimeMon Aug 15, 2011 12:19 am

Agree with everything johnieboy says, it does already attract lots of hens/stags at particular times of the year.
Back to top Go down
Mick
ALL ROUND GOOD GUY
Mick

Playa C'as Saboners _
PostSubject: Re: Playa C'as Saboners   Playa C'as Saboners Icon_minitimeMon Aug 15, 2011 8:38 am

Will definetly be looking elsewhere Debs, & we both liked what we saw at Cas Soboners. cheers

OFFICIAL VODKA TASTER
debdon

Playa C'as Saboners _
PostSubject: Re: Playa C'as Saboners   Playa C'as Saboners Icon_minitimeSat Sep 10, 2011 12:03 pm

A few pics of the room & view.

Playa C'as Saboners Dscn0110

Playa C'as Saboners Dscn0210

Playa C'as Saboners Dscn0211

Playa C'as Saboners Dscn0212

Playa C'as Saboners Dscn0213

Playa C'as Saboners Dscn0214

Playa C'as Saboners Dscn0215

Playa C'as Saboners Dscn0216

Playa C'as Saboners Dscn0111

Playa C'as Saboners Dscn0218

Playa C'as Saboners Dscn0217

Playa C'as Saboners Dscn0219

Playa C'as Saboners Dscn0112

Back to top Go down
Mick
ALL ROUND GOOD GUY
Mick

Playa C'as Saboners _
PostSubject: Re: Playa C'as Saboners   Playa C'as Saboners Icon_minitimeSat Sep 10, 2011 12:54 pm

Nice one Deb's, brings back memories of May, but with sun. deckchair lol!

Majorca Mad
Mark

Playa C'as Saboners _
PostSubject: Re: Playa C'as Saboners   Playa C'as Saboners Icon_minitimeSat Sep 10, 2011 5:31 pm

Nice one Debs, like the idea of a small patio if you're ground floor... is that an extra or pot luck at check in?
Back to top Go down
yozef
MF joke teller
yozef

Playa C'as Saboners _
PostSubject: Re: Playa C'as Saboners   Playa C'as Saboners Icon_minitimeSat Sep 10, 2011 5:46 pm

they look ok debs,we love a s/c holiday sometimes but always find it hard picking a suitable place,but would try these if a bargain came up.
Back to top Go down
Daryn
Admin
Daryn

Playa C'as Saboners _
PostSubject: Re: Playa C'as Saboners   Playa C'as Saboners Icon_minitimeSat Sep 10, 2011 6:12 pm

We have stayed there once and found them alright. I also like the idea of a ground floor apartment.

delboy
Mad Destination Expert
delboy

Playa C'as Saboners _
PostSubject: Re: Playa C'as Saboners   Playa C'as Saboners Icon_minitimeSat Sep 10, 2011 6:45 pm

Thanks Debs another Hotel captured with pictures, was that a safe or a fridge with the numbers on?
Back to top Go down
debdon
OFFICIAL VODKA TASTER
debdon

Playa C'as Saboners _
PostSubject: Re: Playa C'as Saboners   Playa C'as Saboners Icon_minitimeSat Sep 10, 2011 7:28 pm

Mark wrote:
Nice one Debs, like the idea of a small patio if you're ground floor... is that an extra or pot luck at check in?

I always email & ask for a room between a certain block, they have so far been very good at supplying us with a ground floor room - but they do know us quite well now, they even remember my name (not sure if thats good or bad..... lol! )

The picture is the safe DB, I took it to show the size of them - larger than most & electronically opened with your own 6 digit code clever

They are ok apartments, there are certain bits in the room that could do with updating, like the fridges have a bit of rust as do the mirrors in the bathroom but are ok for a week or 2 we find.

I love the fact that all the rooms face the pool too. We have stayed here for at least 14 or 15 times now & are quite happy with them.
Back to top Go down
Mick
ALL ROUND GOOD GUY
Mick

Playa C'as Saboners _
PostSubject: Re: Playa C'as Saboners   Playa C'as Saboners Icon_minitimeSun Sep 11, 2011 11:34 am

Me & San are thinking about these next year.

OFFICIAL VODKA TASTER
debdon

Playa C'as Saboners _
PostSubject: Re: Playa C'as Saboners   Playa C'as Saboners Icon_minitimeSun Sep 11, 2011 1:33 pm

I don't think you'd be disappointed Mick, come up again in oct & have another look - not the day before we go home this time so we can have a proper drink with you wink

As I said in earlier post, if you book direct with them you only pay a deposit & its 20% off of next years prices if you book it this year :tup:

We are booking for next june to go with Daughter & kids soon.
Back to top Go down
Mick
ALL ROUND GOOD GUY
Mick

Playa C'as Saboners _
PostSubject: Re: Playa C'as Saboners   Playa C'as Saboners Icon_minitimeSun Sep 11, 2011 10:17 pm

Cheers Deb's. big hug

OFFICIAL VODKA TASTER
debdon

Playa C'as Saboners _
PostSubject: Re: Playa C'as Saboners   Playa C'as Saboners Icon_minitimeWed Oct 12, 2011 3:14 pm

A couple of days before we left on monday we heard some strange noises......diggers, tractors etc thumbs down dust was being flown all around the pool so Don went to have a look.....this is what he saw behind the apartments.

Playa C'as Saboners Dscn0322

Playa C'as Saboners Dscn0323

Playa C'as Saboners Dscn0324

I went to reception to ask what was going on & Rebecca told me she didn't really know but thought it was maybe a commercial building.....no idea what that means surprised

But, she also said that apparently the owners of Katmandu wanted the land but the son of the owner of Saboners owns it. The owner of apts is an elderly gentleman who for years has been sat around the pool on several days while we've been there, but this year I only saw him once & that was going into the offices at apts.

I have no idea if we can find out for sure what is being built out the back but it has been derelict for all the years we have been going there :&o*:

I hope this doesn't put anyone off who's thinking of booking for next year. We have already booked it for june & will stay there again for meet up in oct.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Playa C'as Saboners _
PostSubject: Re: Playa C'as Saboners   Playa C'as Saboners Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Playa C'as Saboners

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 5Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Welcome to the Majorca and Worldwide Travel Forum :: MAJORCA SECTION :: MAJORCA ACCOMMODATION / MAJORCA RESORT REVIEW SECTIONS :: PALMA NOVA :: PALMA NOVA ACCOMMODATION-
Jump to:  
Free forum | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Contact | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com