Welcome to the Majorca and Worldwide Travel Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Majorca Travel Forum / Majorca Help and Information Forum

HomeHome  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

Cristina Apartments & Villas

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
johnieboy

Cristina Apartments & Villas _
PostSubject: Cristina Apartments & Villas   Cristina Apartments & Villas Icon_minitimeThu Sep 15, 2011 8:08 pm

The Cristina apartments once again provided us with a great, cheap & no-frills holiday. After a 40 minute private transfer from Palma airport we were there and 10 minutes later in the pool.

After a rather hot & humid first night in the apartment above the shop (our choice & a very long story), we were moved to a ground floor 2 bedroom apartment, one apartment away from the kids club and well away from the bar. The apartment was huge with a large living room and kitchen and then 2 bedrooms and the bathroom just off the small hall. The air-con unit was in the living room but was powerful enough to cool both bedrooms – we even had to turn it down as it worked that well that we found we were all a little chilly during the night. The apartments are dated, think 70’s, but everything works and they are spotless. It was great to sit out on the good sized terrace first thing in the morning with a cuppa and then of an evening cooling off with a nice cold lager.

The cleaner came every day, with sheets & towels changed, beds made and a general mopping of floors etc. Don’t know how she manage to work so hard in that heat – she never stopped.

All the staff are great – reception, bar/restaurant staff, cleaners, maintenance guys and not forgetting Becky & Pascalle (the entertainment girls). Everybody is extremely helpful and always have a smile on their face. It's take it or leave it as far as the daytime & evening activities go, which is just how we like it. No pushy entertainment people trying to get you involved. Can't really comment on the evening entertainment, as we went out for a meal and a few drinks every night. We made an exception on the last night and got back to the Cristina apartments early as there was a Beatles tribute act on – The Comrades. We have seen them twice before and this time was by far the best. By the end of the night we were all up dancing and joining in with them. Becky did her usual spot, and after a few nerves she settled down and gave a good performance. Why this girl gets stick from some other reviewers I do not know. She is not in your face like some entertainment people can be and the kids clearly love her – even my two & they’re 15 & 18 !!! Well done Becky – keep up the good work.

There was never a problem for us getting sunbeds and I'd say there were still some available as late as lunchtime and even throughout the rest of the day. Not very spacious around the pool but you get used to it as the holiday progresses and end up pally with other families sat nearby. The pool isn’t huge but never got that packed that you couldn’t have a good swim or just a cool down.

Good free wifi available in the air-conditioned reception.

The on site shop's a little expensive but what you expect really. Nice fresh baguettes available in the morning, fresh milk on tap!! and large bottles of water which saves you carrying them any distance. The lady who works there is one of the friendliest people we have met while travelling abroad. Always a smile and very polite – puts some of the other Brits too shame.

The Cristina apartments are ideally located for us. They are in a residential area of the resort just set back from the hustle and bustle and surrounded by private villas, allotments, tennis courts etc. The only downside to this was the cockerel that would start crowing at first light – 4am!!!!! But you do get used to it, honest! The apartments are at the most a leisurely 10 minutes stroll from a fantastic beach and lots of decent restaurants along the beach front and in the surrounding pedestrianised streets. Can recommend Cheers for excellent typical “Brits” abroad food, but if you are after something a bit special then head for Tomeu in the pedestrianised road that runs parallel with the beach. Excellent food, service and surroundings. We made sure of a table by booking the night before.

We ventured further afield into Cala Bona, although the two resorts are really just an extension of each other but with completely different atmospheres. Cala Millor very internationally orientated & Cala Bona catering more for the British element. The small harbour is a great place to stop off for a bite to eat or just a nice slow drink watching the world go by.

Had a great time once again and can whole heartedly recommend the Cristina apartments for anyone wanting a good, safe, reasonably priced family holiday. Thanks again Cristina & Becky.

I've added a few pictures (fingers crossed):

Cristina Apartments & Villas Dscf3110

Acrobatics in the pool & yes he did hit the ball while doing a back flip!!

Cristina Apartments & Villas Dscf3210

The Cristina pool - never over busy Very Happy

Cristina Apartments & Villas Dscf3211

Cala Millor beach - surfs up :o

Cristina Apartments & Villas Dscf3111

Early morning swim

Cristina Apartments & Villas Dscf3212

Looking north along Cala Millor beach at 7am:

Cristina Apartments & Villas Dscf3213

Last edited by johnieboy on Sat Sep 24, 2011 5:25 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
Daryn
Admin
Daryn

PostSubject: Re: Cristina Apartments & Villas   Cristina Apartments & Villas Icon_minitimeThu Sep 15, 2011 8:22 pm

Thanks johnieboy for your review, it was very imfomative and well written, it should gave anyone a proper feel for the place should they be looking for accommodattion in that area.
A well deserved rep from me cheers

delboy
Mad Destination Expert
delboy

PostSubject: Re: Cristina Apartments & Villas   Cristina Apartments & Villas Icon_minitimeThu Sep 15, 2011 8:44 pm

Thanks for the review Johnieboy do you have any pictures of the place or Cala Millor
Back to top Go down
WirralScouse
DE/Prophet of Doom
WirralScouse

PostSubject: Re: Cristina Apartments & Villas   Cristina Apartments & Villas Icon_minitimeThu Sep 15, 2011 9:34 pm

Yes a good review.Covers everything that prospective customers would be interested in.Well done jb.And there is a shortage of info on Majorca's East Coast resorts on MF.I know Cala Millor and Cala Bona very well (although not the apartments you covered).I really do feel that some of our regulars who return year after year to the South West might be pleasantly surprised by CM and CB.
Back to top Go down
Mark
Majorca Mad
Mark

PostSubject: Re: Cristina Apartments & Villas   Cristina Apartments & Villas Icon_minitimeThu Sep 15, 2011 10:27 pm

A well informed review JB, have a rep from me too Very Happy
Back to top Go down
beeech
Lil 'ol wine drinker
beeech

PostSubject: Re: Cristina Apartments & Villas   Cristina Apartments & Villas Icon_minitimeThu Sep 15, 2011 10:31 pm

rep from me too Very Happy

great review !
Back to top Go down
roamer
Girl Power Member
roamer

PostSubject: Re: Cristina Apartments & Villas   Cristina Apartments & Villas Icon_minitimeThu Sep 15, 2011 10:44 pm

A good review Jonieboy. Went on a working hol to Cala Millor years ago but can't remember much about it really. Remember it was nice though. Rep from me
Back to top Go down
http://fiona-king.co.uk
Mick
ALL ROUND GOOD GUY
Mick

PostSubject: Re: Cristina Apartments & Villas   Cristina Apartments & Villas Icon_minitimeFri Sep 16, 2011 8:36 am

A good & honest review JB, very informative. If you have a few photo's of the Apartments & Resort you could post, that would be brilliant. A rep from me as well. cheers

PostSubject: Re: Cristina Apartments & Villas   Cristina Apartments & Villas Icon_minitimeSat Sep 24, 2011 3:20 pm

Yes - got the hang of it - Will add a few more soon :o
Back to top Go down
Daryn
Admin
Daryn

PostSubject: Re: Cristina Apartments & Villas   Cristina Apartments & Villas Icon_minitimeSat Sep 24, 2011 3:24 pm

Well done buddy no stopping you now, great to see your pics cheers

Mick
ALL ROUND GOOD GUY
Mick

PostSubject: Re: Cristina Apartments & Villas   Cristina Apartments & Villas Icon_minitimeSat Sep 24, 2011 5:04 pm

Nice one John, photo's are great.

ALL ROUND GOOD GUY
Mick

PostSubject: Re: Cristina Apartments & Villas   Cristina Apartments & Villas Icon_minitimeMon Sep 26, 2011 6:58 pm

Well done Delboy. cheers

Mad Destination Expert
delboy

PostSubject: Re: Cristina Apartments & Villas   Cristina Apartments & Villas Icon_minitimeMon Sep 26, 2011 7:06 pm

I've just tidied the banter up, now I'll have to do it again Mick lol!
Back to top Go down
WirralScouse
DE/Prophet of Doom
WirralScouse

PostSubject: Re: Cristina Apartments & Villas   Cristina Apartments & Villas Icon_minitimeMon Sep 26, 2011 7:11 pm

Yes very good photos jb.As I said before some of our members who aren't accustomed to East Coast Majorca would be pleasantly surprised by Cala Millor/Cala Bona.I enjoyed stirring my memories via your snaps.
Back to top Go down
Mick
ALL ROUND GOOD GUY
Mick

PostSubject: Re: Cristina Apartments & Villas   Cristina Apartments & Villas Icon_minitimeMon Sep 26, 2011 10:07 pm

delboy wrote:
I've just tidied the banter up, now I'll have to do it again Mick lol!

Gives you something to do mate. wink

Majorca Mad
Mark

PostSubject: Re: Cristina Apartments & Villas   Cristina Apartments & Villas Icon_minitimeTue Sep 27, 2011 10:20 am

Haven't you done it yet del? Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Mark
Majorca Mad
Mark

PostSubject: Re: Cristina Apartments & Villas   Cristina Apartments & Villas Icon_minitimeTue Sep 27, 2011 10:20 am

Haven't you done it yet del? Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Mark
Majorca Mad
Mark

PostSubject: Re: Cristina Apartments & Villas   Cristina Apartments & Villas Icon_minitimeTue Sep 27, 2011 10:21 am

Sorry, hiccups Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Mick
ALL ROUND GOOD GUY
Mick

PostSubject: Re: Cristina Apartments & Villas   Cristina Apartments & Villas Icon_minitimeTue Sep 27, 2011 10:22 am

Pardon you. wink

Mad Destination Expert
delboy

PostSubject: Re: Cristina Apartments & Villas   Cristina Apartments & Villas Icon_minitimeTue Sep 27, 2011 10:23 am

lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! I'll do it on morning when you all tuck up in bed
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Cristina Apartments & Villas   Cristina Apartments & Villas Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Cristina Apartments & Villas

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Welcome to the Majorca and Worldwide Travel Forum :: MAJORCA SECTION :: MAJORCA ACCOMMODATION / MAJORCA RESORT REVIEW SECTIONS :: CALA MILLOR :: CALA MILLOR ACCOMMODATION-
Jump to:  
Make a forum | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Contact | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com