Welcome to the Majorca and Worldwide Travel Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Majorca Travel Forum / Majorca Help and Information Forum

HomeHome  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

Photo storage on line. My thoughts and tips please add your own.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Daryn
Admin
Daryn

Photo storage on line. My thoughts and tips please add your own. _
PostSubject: Photo storage on line. My thoughts and tips please add your own.   Photo storage on line. My thoughts and tips please add your own. Icon_minitimeSat Aug 27, 2011 3:44 pm

Ive been looking into different photo storage and photo sharing sites for the forum, I found some great links and still reading up on it.
Shutterfly seems a good one but I have read that the url sometimes changes ,so if you put a photo on here and the url changes it will come up black until you change the url ,I did ask them and they said they have had no problems.

What do you use ?

Here is a link with some info http://www.ilovefreesoftware.com/27/webware/3-free-unlimited-online-free-photo-storage-websites-for-photo-sharing.html

Most people use photobucket, I know I do but do you know there is a limit then you have to pay. Photos are precious and once they have gone they have gone forever. My advice is use what ever you use but also use a second one just incase. Facebook allows you free unlimited photo space, alot of people dont like facebook but you can set up security settings so only friends can see you photos and you dont have to write on your wall.

A free storage space lol.

Between us lets see what we can find.

Mark
Majorca Mad
Mark

PostSubject: Re: Photo storage on line. My thoughts and tips please add your own.   Photo storage on line. My thoughts and tips please add your own. Icon_minitimeSun Aug 28, 2011 12:43 am

Well you know i use PB, but realistically you need to get a £50 back up external hard drive, you can get thousands of pics on one of them.
Back to top Go down
Daryn
Admin
Daryn

PostSubject: Re: Photo storage on line. My thoughts and tips please add your own.   Photo storage on line. My thoughts and tips please add your own. Icon_minitimeSun Aug 28, 2011 4:41 am

yep Ive got lots on mine and its bust lol, all my music etc gutted

Ddolfelin

Ddolfelin

PostSubject: Re: Photo storage on line. My thoughts and tips please add your own.   Photo storage on line. My thoughts and tips please add your own. Icon_minitimeSat Oct 22, 2011 10:42 pm

ImageCave seems to have disappeared.
Back to top Go down
http://dddioramas.webs.com/
Daryn
Admin
Daryn

PostSubject: Re: Photo storage on line. My thoughts and tips please add your own.   Photo storage on line. My thoughts and tips please add your own. Icon_minitimeSun Oct 23, 2011 4:59 am

Thats the problem if they go you lose everything, best to back them up on a big site such as photobucket and double it up by putting them on facebook as well ,although I havent yet

yozef
MF joke teller
yozef

PostSubject: Re: Photo storage on line. My thoughts and tips please add your own.   Photo storage on line. My thoughts and tips please add your own. Icon_minitimeSun Oct 23, 2011 5:35 am

never been able to get the bulk uploader working on pb,tried several times with no luck wah
Back to top Go down
delboy
Mad Destination Expert
delboy

PostSubject: Re: Photo storage on line. My thoughts and tips please add your own.   Photo storage on line. My thoughts and tips please add your own. Icon_minitimeSun Oct 23, 2011 8:13 am

I keep threating to buy an external disk but like most I will probably do it after the horse has bolted so to speak. Son has a double trillo gigs set up (term for what you originally needed to keep a budgie) with a lots of my photos on there but I would have to keep adding the current ones to them and I dont Embarassed as I rely on him (a Wirral scenerio)
Back to top Go down
Mark
Majorca Mad
Mark

PostSubject: Re: Photo storage on line. My thoughts and tips please add your own.   Photo storage on line. My thoughts and tips please add your own. Icon_minitimeSun Oct 23, 2011 9:51 am

yozef wrote:
never been able to get the bulk uploader working on pb,tried several times with no luck wah

scratch Wish I could help with that. It works fine for me. It's not like you can re-install it, as it's an on-line set up.

Can you describe what happens when you get to the 'why not try bulk uploader' button?
Back to top Go down
Ddolfelin

Ddolfelin

PostSubject: Re: Photo storage on line. My thoughts and tips please add your own.   Photo storage on line. My thoughts and tips please add your own. Icon_minitimeSun Oct 23, 2011 1:25 pm

Further to the ImageCave saga, I found this on Google.
Makes interesting reading:

http://scottstories.com/2009/04/10/warning-do-not-use-imagecavecom/#comment-2678
Back to top Go down
http://dddioramas.webs.com/
Daryn
Admin
Daryn

PostSubject: Re: Photo storage on line. My thoughts and tips please add your own.   Photo storage on line. My thoughts and tips please add your own. Icon_minitimeSun Oct 23, 2011 2:07 pm

Con artists, why do people do things like that, they have people willing to pay and yet they still rip them off grrrrrrrrrrr .

Mick
ALL ROUND GOOD GUY
Mick

PostSubject: Re: Photo storage on line. My thoughts and tips please add your own.   Photo storage on line. My thoughts and tips please add your own. Icon_minitimeSun Oct 23, 2011 6:17 pm

There are some absolute arxeholes about. smilie evil

MF joke teller
yozef

PostSubject: Re: Photo storage on line. My thoughts and tips please add your own.   Photo storage on line. My thoughts and tips please add your own. Icon_minitimeSun Oct 23, 2011 7:44 pm

i will try to explain what happens mark

when i click on bulk uploader i get the spinning disc thing and the message...loading,please wait.

so i wait,and i wait,and i wait but nothing happens.

i've tried refereshing the page,minimising the page and do other stuff but it still does not load scratch
Back to top Go down
Daryn
Admin
Daryn

PostSubject: Re: Photo storage on line. My thoughts and tips please add your own.   Photo storage on line. My thoughts and tips please add your own. Icon_minitimeSun Oct 23, 2011 7:54 pm

That happened to me the first time I used it, what are you running mate, do you use google chrome or another

delboy
Mad Destination Expert
delboy

PostSubject: Re: Photo storage on line. My thoughts and tips please add your own.   Photo storage on line. My thoughts and tips please add your own. Icon_minitimeSun Oct 23, 2011 7:56 pm

Yozef told me he runs Amstrad software, your fired cheers
Back to top Go down
yozef
MF joke teller
yozef

PostSubject: Re: Photo storage on line. My thoughts and tips please add your own.   Photo storage on line. My thoughts and tips please add your own. Icon_minitimeSun Oct 23, 2011 8:25 pm

it's virgin media guy's,did try g/chrome but that was playing up to Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Mick
ALL ROUND GOOD GUY
Mick

PostSubject: Re: Photo storage on line. My thoughts and tips please add your own.   Photo storage on line. My thoughts and tips please add your own. Icon_minitimeSun Oct 23, 2011 10:09 pm

I always put my photo's on to a cd now, geek just incase anything goes txts up. clever At least I always have them saved on that. :-bd: Is that Plebbish? wink

Lil 'ol wine drinker
beeech

PostSubject: Re: Photo storage on line. My thoughts and tips please add your own.   Photo storage on line. My thoughts and tips please add your own. Icon_minitimeSun Oct 23, 2011 10:15 pm

No - that's Daryick.......... Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Mick
ALL ROUND GOOD GUY
Mick

PostSubject: Re: Photo storage on line. My thoughts and tips please add your own.   Photo storage on line. My thoughts and tips please add your own. Icon_minitimeSun Oct 23, 2011 10:23 pm

beeech wrote:

No - that's Daryick.......... Very Happy

Or Mickyryn maybe. lol!

OFFICIAL VODKA TASTER
debdon

PostSubject: Re: Photo storage on line. My thoughts and tips please add your own.   Photo storage on line. My thoughts and tips please add your own. Icon_minitimeSat Oct 29, 2011 3:34 pm

Maplins have an offer on till 1/11/11 for a 2TB external desktop drive - promotion offer £79.99 Dons just gone to get one.

We have bought a Packard Bell All in one computer as our desktop is old. Its a touch screen thingy but I still prefer the mouse :n!b: Although our BB speed is still crap at mo, it is faster than the old computer so hopefully IF we get fixed it should be brilliant wink

Hence rather than copying all the stuff from old to new Don is going to put it all on new external hard drive & copy over as & when :C*J:
Back to top Go down
http://www.debssweetdelights.co.uk
delboy
Mad Destination Expert
delboy

PostSubject: Re: Photo storage on line. My thoughts and tips please add your own.   Photo storage on line. My thoughts and tips please add your own. Icon_minitimeSat Oct 29, 2011 3:38 pm

who make the drive Debs
Back to top Go down
debdon
OFFICIAL VODKA TASTER
debdon

PostSubject: Re: Photo storage on line. My thoughts and tips please add your own.   Photo storage on line. My thoughts and tips please add your own. Icon_minitimeSat Oct 29, 2011 3:45 pm

Its here

http://www.maplin.co.uk/2tb-seagate-external-desktop-drive-264482?utm_source=Maplin&utm_medium=TopProducts&utm_content=264482&utm_campaign=Frontpage

Made by Seagate, not heard of them before, but worth a try.
Back to top Go down
delboy
Mad Destination Expert
delboy

PostSubject: Re: Photo storage on line. My thoughts and tips please add your own.   Photo storage on line. My thoughts and tips please add your own. Icon_minitimeSat Oct 29, 2011 3:45 pm

I have been going for years, a good make
Back to top Go down
debdon
OFFICIAL VODKA TASTER
debdon

PostSubject: Re: Photo storage on line. My thoughts and tips please add your own.   Photo storage on line. My thoughts and tips please add your own. Icon_minitimeSat Oct 29, 2011 3:47 pm

Thats a bonus, thanks DB :C*J:
Back to top Go down
delboy
Mad Destination Expert
delboy

PostSubject: Re: Photo storage on line. My thoughts and tips please add your own.   Photo storage on line. My thoughts and tips please add your own. Icon_minitimeSat Oct 29, 2011 5:48 pm

apparently son found 3 users of the disk, 2 gave it five stars and were happy, a third was happy until he found that after using up 1 terabyte found it slowed and stalled, he then found other similar complaints to Seagate, who just changed the disk. He did say if you only needed 1 terabyte you could find cheaper disks

He may just have been unlucky

Back to top Go down
Mark
Majorca Mad
Mark

PostSubject: Re: Photo storage on line. My thoughts and tips please add your own.   Photo storage on line. My thoughts and tips please add your own. Icon_minitimeSun Oct 30, 2011 10:26 pm

Seagate have sold many thousands though, so can't see any probs with it debs at that price. I paid £60 only a couple of years ago for my one, a quarter of the (memory) size of that.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Photo storage on line. My thoughts and tips please add your own.   Photo storage on line. My thoughts and tips please add your own. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Photo storage on line. My thoughts and tips please add your own.

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Welcome to the Majorca and Worldwide Travel Forum :: MISCELLANEOUS :: PHOTOGRAPHY SECTION-
Jump to:  
Free forum | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Contact | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com