Welcome to the Majorca and Worldwide Travel Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Majorca Travel Forum / Majorca Help and Information Forum

HomeHome  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

Middlewich Folk & Boat Festival.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Mick
ALL ROUND GOOD GUY
Mick

Middlewich Folk & Boat Festival. _
PostSubject: Middlewich Folk & Boat Festival.   Middlewich Folk & Boat Festival. Icon_minitimeMon Jun 27, 2011 11:13 pm

On Friday the 17th of June, me & San went up to our friend's Phil & Sue in Middlewich. We got to Middlewich, where it started to pour down, so we decided to stay in due to the weather, which was a bit of a shame as Paul Young's Tex Mex band were playing at the Civic Centre. It was the weekend of the Middlewich Folk & Boat Festival. This is a link to their site.
http://www.midfest.org/
We woke up on Saturday morning where it was still raining, so we didn't go down to the Trent & Mersey Canal, until after dinner.
Middlewich Folk & Boat Festival. 01611
Middlewich Folk & Boat Festival. 00112
He is driving/steering, & his Missus is working the locks. Sexism in full force on the canals lol.
Middlewich Folk & Boat Festival. 00211
The King's Lock Pub, where local bands were playing.
Middlewich Folk & Boat Festival. 00311
I think that the Skipper ducked in time going under that low bridge.
Middlewich Folk & Boat Festival. 00410
Phil, Sue & San heading down towards one of the locks.
Middlewich Folk & Boat Festival. 00510
Just gone through the bottom locks, to the upper level.
Middlewich Folk & Boat Festival. 00610
The 3 Musketeers by a few local stalls with St. Michael's Church Middlewich in the background.
Middlewich Folk & Boat Festival. 00810
A bit of history for you now.
Wich and wych are names also used to denote brine springs or wells. By the eleventh century use of the 'wich' suffix was extended to town placenames associated with salt production; at least nine English towns/cities carry the suffix, although only five are commonly connected to salt, Droitwich in Worcestershire and the four Cheshire 'wiches' of Middlewich, Nantwich, Northwich and Leftwich.
Middlewich Folk & Boat Festival. 00910
This was in a marquee, showing the history of the canal & it's importance to the town.
Middlewich Folk & Boat Festival. 01110
A local folk band entertaining the onlookers.
Middlewich Folk & Boat Festival. 01210
This is the Big Lock Pub area, where more bands were playing. This is where we stopped for a couple of hours soaking up the atmosphere.
Middlewich Folk & Boat Festival. 01310
This is us soaking up the atmosphere at the Big Lock Pub.
Middlewich Folk & Boat Festival. 03810
All in all it was a great weekend, but very weather dependent, as obviously everything is virtually outdoors. It must bring in some welcome revenue for the town & it's businesses as well. We didn't go to anything on the Sunday, as I had to go to work early in the afternoon.

Admin
Daryn

PostSubject: Re: Middlewich Folk & Boat Festival.   Middlewich Folk & Boat Festival. Icon_minitimeMon Jun 27, 2011 11:19 pm

That was an unexpected review buddy ,well done enjoyed that

Mick
ALL ROUND GOOD GUY
Mick

PostSubject: Re: Middlewich Folk & Boat Festival.   Middlewich Folk & Boat Festival. Icon_minitimeMon Jun 27, 2011 11:21 pm

Started it last Monday when my PC died on me, (not a Policeman by the way). :n!b: sad

Mad Destination Expert
delboy

PostSubject: Re: Middlewich Folk & Boat Festival.   Middlewich Folk & Boat Festival. Icon_minitimeMon Jun 27, 2011 11:30 pm

Yes thanks Mick, the boat Soulbury is a place not far from me
Back to top Go down
Mick
ALL ROUND GOOD GUY
Mick

PostSubject: Re: Middlewich Folk & Boat Festival.   Middlewich Folk & Boat Festival. Icon_minitimeTue Jun 28, 2011 8:51 am

WS, should know Middlewich quite well as he Umpire's there I believe.

ALL ROUND GOOD GUY
Mick

PostSubject: Re: Middlewich Folk & Boat Festival.   Middlewich Folk & Boat Festival. Icon_minitimeTue Jun 28, 2011 3:11 pm

Off again now to Middlewich, as my beloved son decided to fly into Manchester Airport from the Dominican Republic at 6.25 tomorrow morning. affraid Luckily, Middlewich is only about half an hour from the Airport, so stopping at my mates house. clever

PostSubject: Re: Middlewich Folk & Boat Festival.   Middlewich Folk & Boat Festival. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Middlewich Folk & Boat Festival.

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Welcome to the Majorca and Worldwide Travel Forum :: WORLDWIDE TRAVEL REVIEW SECTION NEW FOR 2011. EST 18/05/11 :: ENTER HERE :: UNITED KINGDOM :: UK RESORT REVIEW-
Jump to:  
Free forum | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Contact | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com