Welcome to the Majorca and Worldwide Travel Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Majorca Travel Forum / Majorca Help and Information Forum

HomeHome  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

Hunstanton staying overnight at Boston (England)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Mick
ALL ROUND GOOD GUY
Mick

Hunstanton staying overnight at Boston (England) _
PostSubject: Hunstanton staying overnight at Boston (England)   Hunstanton staying overnight at Boston (England) Icon_minitimeTue Jun 14, 2011 10:29 am

Well I am on a roll now after my 5 part Magalluf review. Well over Easter!!, yes it was that long ago. San had never been to Hunstanton or Skegness, so we decided to do a 2 dayer staying at Boston (England) at night. Well we had a bit of a row to start with, so we didn't set off until nearly midday!! We took the A43 towards Stamford, then turned right onto the A47 towards Peterborough, things were going quite well. Famous last words, until we got to between Eye & Thorney then all traffic seemed to come to a deadstop!! This is the view me & San had for at least 20 miles of single road with no overtaking places!!
Hunstanton staying overnight at Boston (England) 03810
I was showing San the rolling hills of Cambridgeshire & Norfolk!! The Cambridgeshire & Norfolk Mountain Rescue Team Have never been called out for some reason!!
Hunstanton staying overnight at Boston (England) Cimg3110
Hunstanton staying overnight at Boston (England) Cimg3111
Well at Terrington St. John we finally hit some dual carriageway & waved goodbye to our new friend the lorry driver. We were doing 70 mph, obviously inside the speed limit, then we came to the first Kings Lynn roundabout at the Junction of the A47 & the A17 & this!!
Hunstanton staying overnight at Boston (England) Cimg3112
Hunstanton staying overnight at Boston (England) Cimg3113
Then we had to negotiate the Hardwick Narrows roundabout at Kings Lynn, where 5 roads converge!! After a lot of horn blowing, shouting, swearing & other unprintable words, I calmed San down & made our way slowly again along the A149. We passed Castle Rising, the turn for Sandringham, Dersingham, Snettisham & Heacham before we got on the road down into Hunstanton. "Yipee, the seaside" San cried, I just cried & then kissed the ground as we parked up!! We walked to the cliffs & took in the sights of Hunstanton along the lovely gardens, which was very busy, so it should as it was a beautiful day & Good Friday.
Hunstanton staying overnight at Boston (England) Cimg3114
Hunstanton staying overnight at Boston (England) Cimg3115
Hunstanton staying overnight at Boston (England) Cimg3116
We were both quite hungry by now, as the journey had taken the best part of 3 1/2 hours, so we sat down & had Fish & Chips. IMO you can't beat Fish & Chips it sitting at the seaside. Well San had had a very stressful journey sitting next to me whilst I drove the car & she needed a drink!! So we went to a Pub overlooking the sea & bumped into a couple of friends of ours from Kettering, isn't it a small world!!
Hunstanton staying overnight at Boston (England) Cimg3117
Hunstanton is quite a small resort but with some lovely buildings, open spaces & gardens. So WS we sometimes do culture honest.
Hunstanton staying overnight at Boston (England) Cimg3118
Some of the gardens are Gold Award Winning
Hunstanton staying overnight at Boston (England) Cimg3119
San relaxing AGAIN in a park overlooking the sea.
Hunstanton staying overnight at Boston (England) Cimg3120
We decided to move on & miss most of the traffic, what could possibly go wrong!! Well we got onto the A149 heading back towards Kings Lynn when this was our view.
Hunstanton staying overnight at Boston (England) Cimg3122
There had been an accident on the Snettisham bypass, so we had to go through the villages of Snettisham, Ingoldsthorpe, Dersingham & through some of the grounds of the Sandringham Estate, until we could get back onto the A149!! So then onto the A17 heading towards our hotel in Boston (England), where we took in the rolling hills of Norfolk again!!
Hunstanton staying overnight at Boston (England) Cimg3123
We got to our Premier Inn on the A52 in Boston (England) which is just what you expect, but without Lenny Henry at Reception or lying on our bed!!
Hunstanton staying overnight at Boston (England) Cimg3124
Hunstanton staying overnight at Boston (England) Cimg3125
Hunstanton staying overnight at Boston (England) Cimg3126
Well we used the attached Pub for our evening meal. San had Chicken Breast , chips & salad & I had Steak, chips & salad, with a couple of desserts & drinks on our bill which came to about £40. We then went to bed, to get up fairly early to go to Skegness in the morning.

Skegness review includes skin eating fish, donkeys, golf tournament & a broken promise.

Mad Destination Expert
delboy

PostSubject: Re: Hunstanton staying overnight at Boston (England)   Hunstanton staying overnight at Boston (England) Icon_minitimeTue Jun 14, 2011 10:45 am

Yes we discovered the roads are not good going to Norfolk, Lincolnshire many years ago. I liked the sea picture (very Lowry)
and yes your on a roll with the reviews if not on the road, thanks Mick gave Mrs DB a laugh lol!
Back to top Go down
Daryn
Admin
Daryn

PostSubject: Re: Hunstanton staying overnight at Boston (England)   Hunstanton staying overnight at Boston (England) Icon_minitimeTue Jun 14, 2011 2:16 pm

Brilliant mate well done really had my attention there

Mick
ALL ROUND GOOD GUY
Mick

PostSubject: Re: Hunstanton staying overnight at Boston (England)   Hunstanton staying overnight at Boston (England) Icon_minitimeTue Jun 14, 2011 2:34 pm

No reps though. sob sad lolol

PostSubject: Re: Hunstanton staying overnight at Boston (England)   Hunstanton staying overnight at Boston (England) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Hunstanton staying overnight at Boston (England)

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Welcome to the Majorca and Worldwide Travel Forum :: WORLDWIDE TRAVEL REVIEW SECTION NEW FOR 2011. EST 18/05/11 :: ENTER HERE :: UNITED KINGDOM :: UK RESORT REVIEW-
Jump to:  
Free forums hosting | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Contact | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com