Welcome to the Majorca and Worldwide Travel Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Majorca Travel Forum / Majorca Help and Information Forum

HomeHome  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

Hello gang

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
MOOCHER
Mad Destination Expert
MOOCHER

Hello gang - Page 2 _
PostSubject: Re: Hello gang   Hello gang - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 19, 2010 6:09 pm

Yes i thought there adverts had gone out of free mags
personally i think they will be many more before end of oct ,leapy posted on his facebook that his bar was up for sale .
too many places after too few tourists who have lttle money
we are down on transfer bookings by 45% compared to this time last year
bootsale this morning was dead in sant ponsa i was told with hardly any sellers or customers

moocher

Majorca Mad
Mark

Hello gang - Page 2 _
PostSubject: Re: Hello gang   Hello gang - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 19, 2010 6:11 pm

Hi Britchick and thanks for the welcome!

I'm off to PN on weds week, can't wait!
Think I might take a trip over to SP while there (we have a car), it's been a few years since i've been over that way, always worth a look around.

So sorry to hear of all the bars etc that are suffering, I think it's a mix of recession, strong euro v £, and airport security checks.... yes I know of a few people who say that they can't be bothered with flying anymore due to the coat on coat off shoes on shoes off ticket this ticket that no not that one set up anymore Sad
It's not just 'the brits not going' that's causing the probs tho moocher is it?
Back to top Go down
MOOCHER
Mad Destination Expert
MOOCHER

Hello gang - Page 2 _
PostSubject: Re: Hello gang   Hello gang - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 19, 2010 6:32 pm

mark its a combination of things imo thats causing the problems lack of tourists is the main problem whether they are from uk or not .€ £ exchange rate does not help,flying problems ,prices ,
more places are doing AI that certainly does not help some hotels are even offering AI illegally
who knows what the answer is
moocher

Majorca Mad
Mark

Hello gang - Page 2 _
PostSubject: Re: Hello gang   Hello gang - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 19, 2010 6:39 pm

Hmmm yes I've also heard from some smokers who won't go now, if there was a smoking room airside at gatwick or whatever uk departure airport they was at they would think about it, but for a smoker about 5 hours inc check in etc it's a bit too long to go without now, especially if you have a delay and you have already cleared security, you can't just nip out for a smoke you have to clear security all over again.
(I'm a non smoker, ex smoker actually is more accurate)
Back to top Go down
MOOCHER
Mad Destination Expert
MOOCHER

Hello gang - Page 2 _
PostSubject: Re: Hello gang   Hello gang - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 19, 2010 7:00 pm

again mark something i had not thought of another factor its loads of things some we even never dreamt of
moocher

Hello gang - Page 2 _
PostSubject: Re: Hello gang   Hello gang - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Hello gang

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Welcome to the Majorca and Worldwide Travel Forum :: MAJORCA FORUM :: INTRODUCE YOURSELF-
Jump to:  
Free forum | Nature and Escape | Tourism | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Contact | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com