Welcome to the Majorca and Worldwide Travel Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Majorca Travel Forum / Majorca Help and Information Forum

HomeHome  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

Palma Nova, Canto's Cafe / Bar

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
klaneletters

klaneletters

Palma Nova, Canto's Cafe / Bar _
PostSubject: Palma Nova, Canto's Cafe / Bar   Palma Nova, Canto's Cafe / Bar Icon_minitimeSun May 08, 2011 9:27 pm

3rd night found us in Canto, shared bread and dips as a starter(very nice), I then had grilled chicken and J had ribeye steak, both came withfries, side salads and a choice of sauce, we decided to have dessert this time which was chocolate fudge cake for me and lemon sorbet for J, 1bt of bud and 1 water, €55. It was advertised free glass of beer or wine with every main which we weren't offered, so you must have to ask for it or its only at a certain time.
Back to top Go down
delboy
Mad Destination Expert
delboy

PostSubject: Re: Palma Nova, Canto's Cafe / Bar   Palma Nova, Canto's Cafe / Bar Icon_minitimeMon May 09, 2011 1:34 pm

Canto's is a cafe /bar not far away and opposite side of the road to the Sol Matias Hotel. They have really comfortable
chairs and lovely staff.

Palma Nova, Canto's Cafe / Bar 18410

And get this, their offer on the drinks this week was a litre of Sangria for 5 euro's, 2 cocktails in their list for 5 euro'
(including Mojito) or pint of Amstels for 2 euro's. We found sharing a jug of sangria and a cocktail each we could live
like Moocher on 5 euro's a night.
Back to top Go down
Mark
Majorca Mad
Mark

PostSubject: Re: Palma Nova, Canto's Cafe / Bar   Palma Nova, Canto's Cafe / Bar Icon_minitimeMon Oct 15, 2012 9:19 pm

Me, Jan, Roamer and RM decided to eat here one night, based on the special offer on racks of Ribs at 50% of the menu price... so €7 per meal. That was served with all the trimmings.
It was a lovely warm evening and we ordered, and sat back to share a jug of sangria.
The conversation was good, but 30 minutes later we were still sat there, with no food, so we ordered another jug of sangria.
It was another 15 minutes before the food came out, and we were all hungry and unimpressed with the service so far, but I have to say that the meals were well worth waiting for, they had clearly been cooked from fresh, and were served piping hot. We reasoned that we were just unlucky to have arrived when we did, as we was obviously last in the queue, as other tables that were there before us were getting served during our wait.
Recommended.

Palma Nova, Canto's Cafe / Bar P1010629
Back to top Go down
Mark
Majorca Mad
Mark

PostSubject: Re: Palma Nova, Canto's Cafe / Bar   Palma Nova, Canto's Cafe / Bar Icon_minitimeMon Oct 15, 2012 9:22 pm

I should have added, beware of those peppers! We had all ate 5 or 6, and then Jan ate one, well it must have been a Chilli in disguise... I've never seen Jan's eyes actually water over hot food before!
It took her a good 5 minutes before she had calmed down enough to resume eating. It spoilt her meal really.
Back to top Go down
Mick
ALL ROUND GOOD GUY
Mick

PostSubject: Re: Palma Nova, Canto's Cafe / Bar   Palma Nova, Canto's Cafe / Bar Icon_minitimeMon Oct 15, 2012 9:49 pm

That looks fabulous mate. Thumsup Shame about Jan & her rogue "pepper" though. hot

Mad Destination Expert
delboy

PostSubject: Re: Palma Nova, Canto's Cafe / Bar   Palma Nova, Canto's Cafe / Bar Icon_minitimeMon Oct 15, 2012 10:13 pm

looks good Mark
Back to top Go down
theboss
Girl Power Member
theboss

PostSubject: Re: Palma Nova, Canto's Cafe / Bar   Palma Nova, Canto's Cafe / Bar Icon_minitimeMon Oct 15, 2012 11:25 pm

That chilli was the second thing I saw on the plate - after the ribs . . Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Mick
ALL ROUND GOOD GUY
Mick

PostSubject: Re: Palma Nova, Canto's Cafe / Bar   Palma Nova, Canto's Cafe / Bar Icon_minitimeMon Oct 15, 2012 11:28 pm

At the football the night before, Brett & Rambinman were talking about having Paella. RM said that Canto's had a 50% offer off the Paella the next day, so we arranged to have one at dinnertime. Roamer, RM & Noo decided to have a lobster & sea food paella, whilst me & Brett had a Meat one. San & Kelly had a chicken bbq wrap.
Noo's plate of lobster & sea food Paella. Eat
Palma Nova, Canto's Cafe / Bar Cimg1738
Brett & Kelly, with a few claws still on the table. affraid
Palma Nova, Canto's Cafe / Bar Cimg1740
Roamer & RM, after finishing their Paella & Sangria. drunk
Palma Nova, Canto's Cafe / Bar Cimg1739
Me with San & my big sister. blowkiss
Palma Nova, Canto's Cafe / Bar Cimg1741
We all enjoyed our Paella, but I don't think that we would have paid the full price for it TBH. But as Mark said before in the above post, the food is good quality, & cooked to order.

morlandg

PostSubject: Re: Palma Nova, Canto's Cafe / Bar   Palma Nova, Canto's Cafe / Bar Icon_minitimeTue Oct 16, 2012 8:27 pm

Mark wrote:
I should have added, beware of those peppers! We had all ate 5 or 6, and then Jan ate one, well it must have been a Chilli in disguise... I've never seen Jan's eyes actually water over hot food before!
It took her a good 5 minutes before she had calmed down enough to resume eating. It spoilt her meal really.
They are called pimientos de padron and every so often (1 in 30) there is a hot one. Traditional over here and great...
Graham
Back to top Go down
Mark
Majorca Mad
Mark

PostSubject: Re: Palma Nova, Canto's Cafe / Bar   Palma Nova, Canto's Cafe / Bar Icon_minitimeTue Oct 16, 2012 8:37 pm

Ah! That explains it better graham. We asked the waiter and he said that you can get a 'rogue' one. But we thought he meant the chef slipped in a chilli or something Very Happy
Back to top Go down
morlandg

morlandg

PostSubject: Re: Palma Nova, Canto's Cafe / Bar   Palma Nova, Canto's Cafe / Bar Icon_minitimeTue Oct 16, 2012 8:40 pm

The problem for me Mark is that I loooove the hot ones but I have to eat the plateful to find one. Burp! 'scuse me.
G
Back to top Go down
Mark
Majorca Mad
Mark

PostSubject: Re: Palma Nova, Canto's Cafe / Bar   Palma Nova, Canto's Cafe / Bar Icon_minitimeTue Oct 16, 2012 8:42 pm

I'd ate about half a dozen before jan got to her hot one... poor love! It put me off eating anymore because she literally had tears running down her face.

Funny now though Devil lolol
Back to top Go down
Mick
ALL ROUND GOOD GUY
Mick

PostSubject: Re: Palma Nova, Canto's Cafe / Bar   Palma Nova, Canto's Cafe / Bar Icon_minitimeWed Oct 17, 2012 4:56 pm

Mark wrote:
I'd ate about half a dozen before jan got to her hot one... poor love! It put me off eating anymore because she literally had tears running down her face.

Funny now though Devil lolol

Knowing you mate, I am sure you laughed at the time as well. wink

lol! lol! lol! lol!

Majorca Mad
Mark

PostSubject: Re: Palma Nova, Canto's Cafe / Bar   Palma Nova, Canto's Cafe / Bar Icon_minitimeThu Oct 18, 2012 2:14 am

Just a bit Devil lolol
Back to top Go down
MOOCHER
Mad Destination Expert
MOOCHER

PostSubject: Re: Palma Nova, Canto's Cafe / Bar   Palma Nova, Canto's Cafe / Bar Icon_minitimeFri Aug 22, 2014 3:26 pm

Sadly now closed down

Neil

PostSubject: Re: Palma Nova, Canto's Cafe / Bar   Palma Nova, Canto's Cafe / Bar Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Palma Nova, Canto's Cafe / Bar

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Welcome to the Majorca and Worldwide Travel Forum :: MAJORCA SECTION :: MAJORCA ACCOMMODATION / MAJORCA RESORT REVIEW SECTIONS :: PALMA NOVA :: PALMA NOVA BARS/RESTAURANTS-
Jump to:  
Forum create on Forumotion | © phpBB | Free forum support | Contact | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com