Welcome to the Majorca and Worldwide Travel Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Majorca Travel Forum / Majorca Help and Information Forum

HomeHome  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

Zoom camera chat

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Mark
Majorca Mad
Mark

Zoom camera chat _
PostSubject: Zoom camera chat   Zoom camera chat Icon_minitimeSun Jan 30, 2011 7:05 pm

Just thought I’d show an example of Zoom camera ranges. The point and shoot type of cameras typically offer about 5 x optical zoom, and then another 5 x digital zoom. This is fine for holiday snaps, but sometimes you need a little more.
My preferred camera for shots is my Kodak Z710, which is about 3 years old now. There’s probably a newer, improved version of this camera out now, but this camera does some amazing snaps. I particularly like the fact that it has a viewfinder like a traditional camera, the current fave for LCD screen on the back is next to useless in strong sunlight.
The camera offers 10 x optical zoom, and then a further 5 x digital zoom, making a total of 50 x zoom range.
Here’s three snaps. Have a look at the peak in the middle of the first one.

Zoom camera chat 100_1689

The next snap is taken from the maximum optical range, so at x 10.

Zoom camera chat 100_1684

The peak now looks a fair bit nearer.

The final snap is of the peak at maximum digital range, so 50 x.

Zoom camera chat 100_1688

Back to top Go down
Mark
Majorca Mad
Mark

Zoom camera chat _
PostSubject: Re: Zoom camera chat   Zoom camera chat Icon_minitimeSun Jan 30, 2011 7:08 pm

Here’s another one. This beach looks pretty deserted, although is that someone at the very far end of the beach by the rocks, below the bush?

Zoom camera chat 100_1710

Time for the zoom to check it out I think…

Zoom camera chat 100_1711

lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol!
Back to top Go down
Mick
ALL ROUND GOOD GUY
Mick

Zoom camera chat _
PostSubject: Re: Zoom camera chat   Zoom camera chat Icon_minitimeSun Jan 30, 2011 7:10 pm

Is he straining for something mate? :bs$: I would rather you zoom into the girl in the fore ground. wink

ALL ROUND DESTINATION EXPERT
Hayzer

Zoom camera chat _
PostSubject: Re: Zoom camera chat   Zoom camera chat Icon_minitimeSun Jan 30, 2011 7:23 pm

Mick wrote:
Is he straining for something mate? :bs$: I would rather you zoom into the girl in the fore ground. wink

My thoughts exactly Mick, the guy looks a bit neanderthal Shocked

ALL ROUND GOOD GUY
Mick

Zoom camera chat _
PostSubject: Re: Zoom camera chat   Zoom camera chat Icon_minitimeSun Jan 30, 2011 7:25 pm

Either that H or he is a New Zealander doing a nude Haka. :bs$:

Majorca Mad
Mark

Zoom camera chat _
PostSubject: Re: Zoom camera chat   Zoom camera chat Icon_minitimeSun Jan 30, 2011 7:31 pm

Well I couldn't see from a distance who was who... it wasn't till I got back and put the pics up on the screen that I saw what I'd took lol!
Back to top Go down
beeech
Lil 'ol wine drinker
beeech

Zoom camera chat _
PostSubject: Re: Zoom camera chat   Zoom camera chat Icon_minitimeSun Jan 30, 2011 7:46 pm

Yeah.....right ! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Daryn
Admin
Daryn

Zoom camera chat _
PostSubject: Re: Zoom camera chat   Zoom camera chat Icon_minitimeMon Jan 31, 2011 12:31 am

hahahaha well what can you say lol. I was pretty impressed until the last one, I dont think Ill sit next to you on the meet up Mark hahaha

delboy
Mad Destination Expert
delboy

Zoom camera chat _
PostSubject: Re: Zoom camera chat   Zoom camera chat Icon_minitimeMon Jan 31, 2011 1:08 pm

Like in the full Monty he keeps his hat on.

Anyone thinking of buying a camera should be aware that its the optical zoom that should be considered firstly as it gives a true picture, the digital zoom although handy, will degrade the quality when it comes into play
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Zoom camera chat _
PostSubject: Re: Zoom camera chat   Zoom camera chat Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Zoom camera chat

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Welcome to the Majorca and Worldwide Travel Forum :: MISCELLANEOUS :: PHOTOGRAPHY SECTION-
Jump to:  
Forumotion's free forums | Nature and Escape | Tourism | © phpBB | Free forum support | Contact | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com