Welcome to the Majorca and Worldwide Travel Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Majorca Travel Forum / Majorca Help and Information Forum

HomeHome  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

It's Bargain Time at Son Matias Beach Hotel-but be quick!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
debdon
OFFICIAL VODKA TASTER
debdon

It's Bargain Time at Son Matias Beach Hotel-but be quick! - Page 3 _
PostSubject: Re: It's Bargain Time at Son Matias Beach Hotel-but be quick!   It's Bargain Time at Son Matias Beach Hotel-but be quick! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 21, 2011 2:39 pm

Over sixty fives would suit me they don''t bring MP3 players with them (lol).

Love it lol! I have an MP3 player affraid Don has gone upmarket now & has an ipod :n!b:
Back to top Go down
http://www.debssweetdelights.co.uk
Daryn
Admin
Daryn

PostSubject: Re: It's Bargain Time at Son Matias Beach Hotel-but be quick!   It's Bargain Time at Son Matias Beach Hotel-but be quick! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 21, 2011 4:00 pm

We went to Costa Del Sol one year it was when the bairn was really tiny hehe she actually learnt to walk over there we couldnt beleive it
Ill have to show you a photo she looked like pebbles with her little tuft of hair lol, anyway going off what I was gonna say, the hotel we
went to was supposed to be a 4 star, it werent hehehe the entertainment every night was the old tea dance style music and we just sat there
utterly gutted lol, it was about June time and never again lol. Gotta say its not a place Im that interested in been twice now. We stayed near Benelmadina area excuse the spelling and I just didnt like it at all. We went back a few years ago on a cheapy with our friends Graham and Alison
(members on here) and we had a good time as we tried 3 different resorts the 3 nights we were there we had a ball but I wouldnt like it as
a main holiday again.

Mick
ALL ROUND GOOD GUY
Mick

PostSubject: Re: It's Bargain Time at Son Matias Beach Hotel-but be quick!   It's Bargain Time at Son Matias Beach Hotel-but be quick! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 21, 2011 4:07 pm

I know what you mean mate, I lived there for nearly 2 years. Would not have my main holiday there, but great for a long weekend though.

Mad Destination Expert
delboy

PostSubject: Re: It's Bargain Time at Son Matias Beach Hotel-but be quick!   It's Bargain Time at Son Matias Beach Hotel-but be quick! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 21, 2011 5:13 pm

Would one be taking a risk booking it separately in Feb with a possible risk of a snow dump at the airports
Back to top Go down
WirralScouse
DE/Prophet of Doom
WirralScouse

PostSubject: Re: It's Bargain Time at Son Matias Beach Hotel-but be quick!   It's Bargain Time at Son Matias Beach Hotel-but be quick! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 21, 2011 5:58 pm

That's a good point del but a risk worth taking I would have thought.If the flight is cancelled you get a refund.You don't pre-book the transfer and all you are risking is £315 the cost of the room HB for a week.I have stayed there too and it was in February.Yes all rooms have spectacular sea views.They are smallish rooms and they have furnished balconies.I remember our balcony had pigeon poo all over it as the balcony above had been a winter roosting place.You would have expected them to clear it up before we arrived though. Here I go Victor-ing again.

But in all aspects this is a very good hotel with excellent food and very good inhouse live entertainment,singers/comedians/ballet flamenco.Big risk is the weather in Feb in Palma Nova.Thomson want £170 return from Manc so the package is the better deal. For 18 Feb (we can't do 11 Feb) it's still under £300 each flights/hotel/coach.Only no frills flight options for 18/25 Feb are easyJet from Liverpool and bmibaby from Manchester but both depart at the crack of crowpoo as do Thomson.

Another thing I remembered was arriving after the evening meal had finished.I asked the hotel receptionist (English) to recommend a resto where we could get just good steak and chips.We took his tip.We were the only ones in there and that was soulless.The cafe bar Mecca directly opposite the hotel on the other hand is always busy with an extensive food menu.Yozef knows it.

It's only through bargains such as this that I would go back to Son Matias Beach as normal prices are ridiculous.Thomson get away with charging the earth as they know whatever they ask people will pay because they like the hotel so much.And no kids! A Thomson rep told me that this is their highest percentage booked out hotel in Majorca.Closely followed by Hotel Alicia in Cala Bona which I have stayed at and agree that too is excellent.(Pity there isn't a Riu hotel in Palma Nova-nearest is in Illetas).
Back to top Go down
yozef
MF joke teller
yozef

PostSubject: Re: It's Bargain Time at Son Matias Beach Hotel-but be quick!   It's Bargain Time at Son Matias Beach Hotel-but be quick! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 21, 2011 7:05 pm

i know what you mean deb regarding the age group at the son matias,at 53/50 we are often the youngest guests there,lol.
i did think of booking the s.matias for our 6 night break in out,for £500 with thompson but can get the sol m/t for £370 a/i......no contest,money talks.
as a rule we like to pop out for a few bevvies around maga/p.nova in the evening but if the weathers bad or you want a quite one the hotels ente
rtainment is alway a good night,i've even played boules on the beach,and got beaten by a 80 year old(i got sand in my eye) pinocchio
it's a class hotel with a fantastic location,food,staff and shows as you know and i must be honest in saying sometimes we can feel ever so slightly out of place due to the age group,but we love a good drink and are always respectful of other people when we come back to the hotel late at night,not like some places we have been to
good thing about the s. matias is you know you are going to get a good nights sleep.
yes wirral i know the meca bar well,not a bad steak and ok for daytime snacks.someone lighting up by you now a thing of the past,thank god.
we must be at that inbetween age,we don't want the (thump thump) of discos,but can only handle pickwicks for one night of our holidays.
going to give mrs doyles a go when we can as moocher says it's a good crack later on at night.
roll on 17th feb beer drinker
Back to top Go down
debdon
OFFICIAL VODKA TASTER
debdon

PostSubject: Re: It's Bargain Time at Son Matias Beach Hotel-but be quick!   It's Bargain Time at Son Matias Beach Hotel-but be quick! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 23, 2011 11:00 pm

Just this minute checked it again, still £313 for the whole thing - why do I tease myself, I know we can't go sad :^*:
Back to top Go down
beeech
Lil 'ol wine drinker
beeech

PostSubject: Re: It's Bargain Time at Son Matias Beach Hotel-but be quick!   It's Bargain Time at Son Matias Beach Hotel-but be quick! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 23, 2011 11:06 pm

I can get that week off after all debs......!!!!
Back to top Go down
debdon
OFFICIAL VODKA TASTER
debdon

PostSubject: Re: It's Bargain Time at Son Matias Beach Hotel-but be quick!   It's Bargain Time at Son Matias Beach Hotel-but be quick! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 23, 2011 11:27 pm

So can I beeech.......right who's paying .............MICK, DARYN, MARK, YOSEF, DB..........someones got to have some pennies : #2: what do you think beeech??
Back to top Go down
beeech
Lil 'ol wine drinker
beeech

PostSubject: Re: It's Bargain Time at Son Matias Beach Hotel-but be quick!   It's Bargain Time at Son Matias Beach Hotel-but be quick! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 23, 2011 11:34 pm

All of the above...... smile
Back to top Go down
delboy
Mad Destination Expert
delboy

PostSubject: Re: It's Bargain Time at Son Matias Beach Hotel-but be quick!   It's Bargain Time at Son Matias Beach Hotel-but be quick! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 24, 2011 9:18 am

Daryn and Mick are still looking for theirs Beeech

The lost coin
Back to top Go down
Mick
ALL ROUND GOOD GUY
Mick

PostSubject: Re: It's Bargain Time at Son Matias Beach Hotel-but be quick!   It's Bargain Time at Son Matias Beach Hotel-but be quick! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 24, 2011 12:37 pm

OMG. affraid affraid

OFFICIAL VODKA TASTER
debdon

PostSubject: Re: It's Bargain Time at Son Matias Beach Hotel-but be quick!   It's Bargain Time at Son Matias Beach Hotel-but be quick! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 25, 2011 3:19 pm

Hotel & flight down to £293.00 now. Thats only £146.50 each for a weeks holiday half board, including flights - would you ever get cheaper hitting himself
Back to top Go down
yozef
MF joke teller
yozef

PostSubject: Re: It's Bargain Time at Son Matias Beach Hotel-but be quick!   It's Bargain Time at Son Matias Beach Hotel-but be quick! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 25, 2011 3:40 pm

debdon wrote:
Hotel & flight down to £293.00 now. Thats only £146.50 each for a weeks holiday half board, including flights - would you ever get cheaper hitting himself

wow
Back to top Go down
WirralScouse
DE/Prophet of Doom
WirralScouse

PostSubject: Re: It's Bargain Time at Son Matias Beach Hotel-but be quick!   It's Bargain Time at Son Matias Beach Hotel-but be quick! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 26, 2011 12:46 pm

The full Thomson package holiday for 2 for 7 nights from 11 Feb HB Son Matias,flights from Manchester or Gatwick,coach transfers is now reduced to......

£218 per person from MAN ( for just the hotel £167 per room HB)
£209 per person from LGW.

I am sorely tempted at these prices.Mrs WS can't go as she has a church function on 12 Feb but I am just going to price up easyJet from Liverpool and bmibaby from Manchester to add a return flight for one to £167.Almost cheaper than staying at home excluding the flights cost.

Prices for week following from LGW are +£82pp.

These prices taken from www.thomsonholidays.co uk 1230 26 Jan.
Back to top Go down
delboy
Mad Destination Expert
delboy

PostSubject: Re: It's Bargain Time at Son Matias Beach Hotel-but be quick!   It's Bargain Time at Son Matias Beach Hotel-but be quick! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 26, 2011 4:49 pm

Price less a weeks shopping at Tesco and other sundrie expenses you would normal spend.

They will be paying you to go soon lol!
Back to top Go down
debdon
OFFICIAL VODKA TASTER
debdon

PostSubject: Re: It's Bargain Time at Son Matias Beach Hotel-but be quick!   It's Bargain Time at Son Matias Beach Hotel-but be quick! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 27, 2011 10:24 am

Wow, its jumped to £823 for the same week, room & flight - but it is for a junoir suite so assume the other rooms sold in the end.
Back to top Go down
WirralScouse
DE/Prophet of Doom
WirralScouse

PostSubject: Re: It's Bargain Time at Son Matias Beach Hotel-but be quick!   It's Bargain Time at Son Matias Beach Hotel-but be quick! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 27, 2011 11:27 am

Correct debdon.The full packages are still available but the price has shot up to £276 from MAN,£258 from LGW.Only 2 rooms left.It just shows how when you spot a bargain you don't get much chance to prevaricate.I did raise the subject of me going alone,would have loved to and I could afford it (I priced my MAN/PMI return flights Monarch out,bmibaby back plus the Son Matias HB Double Room for £297) but it don't go down well so I dropped the subject pdq.

I booked months ago DIY for both of us to go in April to Puerto Pollensa but that seems a long way off and I needed a Majorca fix.Having seen the cold weather reports from Majorca over the weekend and earlier this week I was concerned it might be bleak but I see the temperature yesterday was back up to 14C.

Hiho.
Back to top Go down
debdon
OFFICIAL VODKA TASTER
debdon

PostSubject: Re: It's Bargain Time at Son Matias Beach Hotel-but be quick!   It's Bargain Time at Son Matias Beach Hotel-but be quick! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 27, 2011 11:34 am

I kept mentioning the price going down each day to Don, but it fell on deaf ears lol! I know what you mean about Majorca fix, but as you say the weather isn't as warm as I like it to be - hence I shall wait for our May holiday & just pine until then :^*: Roll on warmer weather here.

I have just popped out & its sleet/snow atm, I hate it :3£:
Back to top Go down
yozef
MF joke teller
yozef

PostSubject: Re: It's Bargain Time at Son Matias Beach Hotel-but be quick!   It's Bargain Time at Son Matias Beach Hotel-but be quick! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 27, 2011 6:16 pm

goes to show what you can save on your holidays days by constantly checking prices.before we decided to do the oct fm meet up we were monitoring the prices for our fav greek hotel,the roseland in kalamaki,zante.
for the 8th sept for a week we did see it for £420 as a package from bristol,a great deal for a lovely hotel,the price now is £799.
you can bet we will be watching ready for next year,we like to get our greek fix at least once a year.
Back to top Go down
Mark
Majorca Mad
Mark

PostSubject: Re: It's Bargain Time at Son Matias Beach Hotel-but be quick!   It's Bargain Time at Son Matias Beach Hotel-but be quick! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 27, 2011 11:25 pm

Whilst it was obviously a cheap deal, February is really chancy to take a week, if you can't sit in the sun then the options become more limited as a good number of places will still be closed.
Back to top Go down
WirralScouse
DE/Prophet of Doom
WirralScouse

PostSubject: Re: It's Bargain Time at Son Matias Beach Hotel-but be quick!   It's Bargain Time at Son Matias Beach Hotel-but be quick! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 28, 2011 12:12 am

So true Mark.Mrs WS' words echoed.And there is more chance of better weather a few hundred miles further South on Costa del Sol.More flights to choose from in Winter.And Riu hotels in Benalmadena and Torremolinos.
Back to top Go down
Mick
ALL ROUND GOOD GUY
Mick

PostSubject: Re: It's Bargain Time at Son Matias Beach Hotel-but be quick!   It's Bargain Time at Son Matias Beach Hotel-but be quick! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 28, 2011 9:29 am

That is very true WS. Was there for 2 winters 2004 & 2005, had some lovely days. On the beach at Benalmadena, deckchair looked to the left & snow on the mountains of The Sierra Nevada, not that far away. :3£:

Mad Destination Expert
delboy

PostSubject: Re: It's Bargain Time at Son Matias Beach Hotel-but be quick!   It's Bargain Time at Son Matias Beach Hotel-but be quick! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 28, 2011 12:15 pm

Well the price is based on supply and demand and very few people are prepared to risk a holiday at that time of the year.
Come August when the world and his wife want to go the price will be £850.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: It's Bargain Time at Son Matias Beach Hotel-but be quick!   It's Bargain Time at Son Matias Beach Hotel-but be quick! - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

It's Bargain Time at Son Matias Beach Hotel-but be quick!

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Welcome to the Majorca and Worldwide Travel Forum :: MISCELLANEOUS :: HOLIDAY OFFERS / TRAVEL AGENTS / HOLIDAY COMPANIES-
Jump to:  
Free forum hosting  | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Contact | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com