Welcome to the Majorca and Worldwide Travel Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Majorca Travel Forum / Majorca Help and Information Forum

HomeHome  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

Tib A42

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
010967djg

Tib A42 _
PostSubject: Tib A42   Tib A42 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 26, 2022 9:09 am

Hi has anybody used or have any info on the Tib A42 bus from the airport to cala bona, it is a service running during the holiday season ending late october, ive contacted Tib several times and they have chosen not to reply, i need to know how reliable the service is before i decide weather to book a transfer which id prefer not to as earlier this year we used a transfer to cala dor which weve done 5 times previously but this time was the longest its ever taken 2.5 hours when its normally under 90 minutes and the Tib is supposed to be just over 60 minutes, all advice is greatly appreciated.
Back to top Go down
Daryn
Admin
Daryn

Tib A42 _
PostSubject: Re: Tib A42   Tib A42 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 26, 2022 3:00 pm

Hi and welcome to the forum.
I recently went to Cala d'Or but we had booked a package deal with jet2 so never used private transfers.

A few years ago I booked a private taxi to Cala d'Or but we had to cancel the holiday but the guy we booked with was English I still have his details somewhere on the computer but your probably looking at around a £100/£120 now.

Debs on here used to use a bus transfer company and if you paid a bit more you would get your transfer with a minimum number off drop offs. I don't remember which service this was but I'm sure someone will pop along with the info for you.

We recently got back from magaluf and sitting at a certain bar we saw the tib buses all the time for transfers to and from the airport not that this helps in this case

Mark
Majorca Mad
Mark

Tib A42 _
PostSubject: Re: Tib A42   Tib A42 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 27, 2022 10:08 am

The Tib service is a regular scheduled bus company - all routes, not just the airport runs - and therefore is as reliable as any bus service.

The downfall of using Tib on the airport runs is that because it's a lot cheaper then the buses can get full, leaving you to either wait for the next one or swallow the cost and get a taxi.
Remember to pay contactless when getting on and off. Use the same card for each passenger gives a further discount. Tap when you get on and tap again when you get off, tap once for each passenger.
It's all explained on their website:

https://www.tib.org/en/bitllets-i-tarifes/targeta-bancaria

Enjoy your holiday! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
debdon
OFFICIAL VODKA TASTER
debdon

Tib A42 _
PostSubject: Re: Tib A42   Tib A42 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 01, 2022 1:52 pm

Daryn wrote:
Hi and welcome to the forum.
I recently went to Cala d'Or but we had booked a package deal with jet2 so never used private transfers.

A few years ago I booked a private taxi to Cala d'Or but we had to cancel the holiday but the guy we booked with was English I still have his details somewhere on the computer but your probably looking at around a £100/£120 now.

Debs on here used to use a bus transfer company and if you paid a bit more you would get your transfer with a minimum number off drop offs. I don't remember which service this was but I'm sure someone will pop along with the info for you.

We recently got back from magaluf and sitting at a certain bar we saw the tib buses all the time for transfers to and from the airport not that this helps in this case

Hi guys,  the company we used to use was Janerbus, they were very reliable & reasonably priced.
BUT I emailed them a few years ago before Covid & got no answer at all, I can only think they've stopped trading.
We use the same company as Mark now, European transfers I think it's called (Mark will Know), never had a problem at all with them, so reliable & again great prices.
https://www.european-airport-transfers.com/

Worth a try if I'm not too late with this reply!
Back to top Go down
http://www.debssweetdelights.co.uk
Sponsored content

Tib A42 _
PostSubject: Re: Tib A42   Tib A42 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Tib A42

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Welcome to the Majorca and Worldwide Travel Forum :: MAJORCA SECTION :: MAJORCA / HELP / ADVICE / QUESTIONS AND ANSWERS-
Jump to:  
Free forum hosting  | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Contact | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com