Welcome to the Majorca and Worldwide Travel Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Majorca Travel Forum / Majorca Help and Information Forum

HomeHome  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

last walk up the beacons before returning to the treadmill

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
delboy
Mad Destination Expert
delboy

last walk up the beacons before returning to the treadmill - Page 2 _
PostSubject: Re: last walk up the beacons before returning to the treadmill   last walk up the beacons before returning to the treadmill - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 03, 2011 7:33 pm

There's some excellent shots in there Yosef and the background holds in focus.

I felt like I was up there with you, I had to put my coat on.
Back to top Go down
yozef
MF joke teller
yozef

PostSubject: Re: last walk up the beacons before returning to the treadmill   last walk up the beacons before returning to the treadmill - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 03, 2011 8:02 pm

well i think i've bored folk enough with the beacons for now,so i will pick another area next time so we can all have a change of scenery.
off wednesday for a late afternoon hospital appointment so i'm looking for a walk somewhere in the morning,fingers crossed for good weather.
the weather was quite mild on the beacons today,no gloves needed,lol. about 15 mins after we descended they had some nasty snow showers,boy was that good timimg

ps delboy,did you see the pic after my toecap where i tried to get the depth into the photo.
i tried to include the top ledge,then one a bit lower,then the spine/ridge and then the small pond.it's a very hard thing to capture,so i will read up some more on that site i found
Back to top Go down
delboy
Mad Destination Expert
delboy

PostSubject: Re: last walk up the beacons before returning to the treadmill   last walk up the beacons before returning to the treadmill - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 03, 2011 8:16 pm

Yes I meant to mention that, I was watching each block of photo's as you put them on and was distracted as others were added. That is
the sort of depth I have tried to get but failed. I was intrigued by what was written on the plane I assume it had been there for some time.
Back to top Go down
yozef
MF joke teller
yozef

PostSubject: Re: last walk up the beacons before returning to the treadmill   last walk up the beacons before returning to the treadmill - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 03, 2011 8:25 pm

delboy wrote:
Yes I meant to mention that, I was watching each block of photo's as you put them on and was distracted as others were added. That is
the sort of depth I have tried to get but failed. I was intrigued by what was written on the plane I assume it had been there for some time.

sorry,should have added this.

www.walesonline.co.uk/.../pilot-has-lucky-escape-as-snow-blankets-wales

sorry del,links not working for some reaon
the pilot was on his own when he crashed but there were a few hill walkers who witnessed the crash,the pilot was unharmed and walked to the nearest road where a ambulance was waiting.this happened 26th nov

Last edited by yosef on Mon Jan 03, 2011 8:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
delboy
Mad Destination Expert
delboy

PostSubject: Re: last walk up the beacons before returning to the treadmill   last walk up the beacons before returning to the treadmill - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 03, 2011 8:36 pm

I was going to mention that, at that height I assume planes are passing by every couple of minutes lol!
Back to top Go down
yozef
MF joke teller
yozef

PostSubject: Re: last walk up the beacons before returning to the treadmill   last walk up the beacons before returning to the treadmill - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 03, 2011 8:39 pm

delboy wrote:
I was going to mention that, at that height I assume planes are passing by every couple of minutes lol!
yep.it pays to put a helmet strap on your bobblehat as they try to nick em jocolor
Back to top Go down
Mark
Majorca Mad
Mark

PostSubject: Re: last walk up the beacons before returning to the treadmill   last walk up the beacons before returning to the treadmill - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 03, 2011 8:53 pm

Great pics yosef. You're pretty lucky to have that virtually on your doorstep... that's some escape.
Does anyone 'ridgewalk' the spiney topped one?
Back to top Go down
Hayzer
ALL ROUND DESTINATION EXPERT
Hayzer

PostSubject: Re: last walk up the beacons before returning to the treadmill   last walk up the beacons before returning to the treadmill - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 03, 2011 9:05 pm

Looks like a fantastic walk Yosef, great for clearing out the cobwebs

Great pics as usual

MF joke teller
yozef

PostSubject: Re: last walk up the beacons before returning to the treadmill   last walk up the beacons before returning to the treadmill - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 03, 2011 9:13 pm

yes some do mark,infact i do it myself sometimes but you can get caught out by a sudden gust,i find it pays to walk on the lee ward side of the ridge.
i've seen women and kids lying on the floor of the top peaks screaming and crying with fear when it suddenly turns windy up there.
we nearly got lost coming off there once in a white-out,it was only because we started going up hill (towards the plane crash) that i knew we had missed our turning,retraced our steps and found the markers again.( STAKES DRIVEN INTO THE GROUND WITH ARROWS FACING UP OR DOWN)
mobiles rarely work. up there so a compass,torch,whistle is a good idea
the day we nearly got lost was like a summers day below in the carpark,goes to show how you can get caught out.
now i check online and/or phone the nearest tourist info centre for the latest forecasts
Back to top Go down
yozef
MF joke teller
yozef

PostSubject: Re: last walk up the beacons before returning to the treadmill   last walk up the beacons before returning to the treadmill - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 03, 2011 9:16 pm

Hayzer wrote:

Great pics as usual

you must have some great walks close to you hayzer ?
we can reach the beacons in a hour
Back to top Go down
Hayzer
ALL ROUND DESTINATION EXPERT
Hayzer

PostSubject: Re: last walk up the beacons before returning to the treadmill   last walk up the beacons before returning to the treadmill - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 03, 2011 9:43 pm

yosef wrote:
Hayzer wrote:

Great pics as usual

you must have some great walks close to you hayzer ?
we can reach the beacons in a hour

Hi Yosef, yes there is some great walking within s relatively short drive of Aberdeen One hours drive gets you into the Cairngorms the local favourite being Loch Muick where you have the option of a low level stroll round the loch which takes about 2 hours. Other options the various routes up and down Lochnagar.

Lochnagar a Munro (a mountain over 3000 ft) and not a Loch as you might expect. It is a shade under 3800 ft.

last walk up the beacons before returning to the treadmill - Page 2 176910

Unless you are an experienced winter walker/climber the higher mountains of Northern Scotland are best left alone in winter.

Majorca Mad
Mark

PostSubject: Re: last walk up the beacons before returning to the treadmill   last walk up the beacons before returning to the treadmill - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 03, 2011 10:08 pm

Great pic Hayz, - the capture of the two people in it gives it the perspective that Delboy was speaking of in another thread.
Back to top Go down
yozef
MF joke teller
yozef

PostSubject: a couple of shots of penny fan,the clouds just lifting   last walk up the beacons before returning to the treadmill - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 04, 2011 12:29 pm

last walk up the beacons before returning to the treadmill - Page 2 Dsc04510
Back to top Go down
yozef
MF joke teller
yozef

PostSubject: Re: last walk up the beacons before returning to the treadmill   last walk up the beacons before returning to the treadmill - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 04, 2011 12:31 pm

last walk up the beacons before returning to the treadmill - Page 2 Dsc04511
Back to top Go down
yozef
MF joke teller
yozef

PostSubject: Re: last walk up the beacons before returning to the treadmill   last walk up the beacons before returning to the treadmill - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 04, 2011 12:34 pm

must get up there soonlast walk up the beacons before returning to the treadmill - Page 2 Dsc04512
Back to top Go down
delboy
Mad Destination Expert
delboy

PostSubject: Re: last walk up the beacons before returning to the treadmill   last walk up the beacons before returning to the treadmill - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 04, 2011 6:35 pm

Just saw the first ones again Yozef, it looks cold up there but bit more summery in the last few cheers
Back to top Go down
yozef
MF joke teller
yozef

PostSubject: Re: last walk up the beacons before returning to the treadmill   last walk up the beacons before returning to the treadmill - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 04, 2011 7:01 pm

yes it was a cracking morning up there,weather was just right but i'm just getting over some bug and would not have made that climb up there today.

there is a mountain centre in the area which has some very good walks,we have done one from there and will pick out one for next sunday.

i love selecting a area,then the walk,route,distance ect,though you can go any weather it's nice to have a clear day for photo's.

i noticed today that autum is here as some of the colours in the forests were amazing,fingers crossed for next week for good weather and photo's
Back to top Go down
Mick
ALL ROUND GOOD GUY
Mick

PostSubject: Re: last walk up the beacons before returning to the treadmill   last walk up the beacons before returning to the treadmill - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 05, 2011 11:03 am

Looks absolutely fantastic Yozef, hope the weather holds up for you mate. :-bd:

PostSubject: Re: last walk up the beacons before returning to the treadmill   last walk up the beacons before returning to the treadmill - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

last walk up the beacons before returning to the treadmill

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Welcome to the Majorca and Worldwide Travel Forum :: MISCELLANEOUS :: PHOTOGRAPHY SECTION-
Jump to:  
Free forum | Nature and Escape | Tourism | © phpBB | Free forum support | Contact | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com